WolfAdressBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 WolfAdressBox
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Online most people seem to call retro a game with pixelated graphics or the Metroidvania layout... But have you think... About... Today graphics with retro gameplay?

I think Resident Evil Game Cube Remake (Remaster?) Was a good example, it is basically the PS1 game. You are into retro gaming for the looks or the feels?

I'm on it for the gameplay and general feeling, I'm not bothered but I don't enjoy the games today telling you exactly what and where to do it...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I want health packs back f#ck regenerating health it makes games to easy.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

For me, retro is just a matter of age and then it's only a matter of how old does a game have to be before it's considered retro. I mean there's plenty of retro games I simply don't find fun while there's a lot of modern games that emulate older styles of gameplay that I really enjoy so it would be difficult for me to classify retro as being a particular style of design mentality.

Avatar image for adingoatemybaby
ADingoAteMyBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 ADingoAteMyBaby
Member since 2016 • 63 Posts

I don't really care about graphics much unless we are getting into the Atari 2600 territory of ugliness. As long as the game has a decent story and smooth gameplay then I'm fine with it.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@warmblur: those health packs are coming back in the new Doom game. All of the in game pickups look like the old school super bright neon obvious stuff instead of all of this realism crap. I like that they know this is a video game and aren’t afraid to show it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14799 Posts

Gameplay mostly, however I do not venture further back than 16-bit era of graphics.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

Gameplay matters more, though graphics are also somewhat important. But, still, I can forgive subpar graphics with ease if the gameplay is good. I can't forgive subpar gameplay just because the game is pretty.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

Gameplay mostly... but, I tend to have a limit of mostly titles bellow the 6th-gen era... just too muddy for my tastes. Are controls perfect? Hell-no. A lot of older titles suffer from clunky controls (though, some still hold up pretty well ie. racing sims and flight simulators). So what if the game has slightly outdated graphics... if its controls are okey as well as the gameplay/story itself... who cares.

Avatar image for superretrogamer
SuperRetroGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperRetroGamer
Member since 2018 • 65 Posts

I still enjoy some old games on Nintendo NES more than the latest 3d super games.