Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

Back in high-school it was my favorite system because I had XBOX but really not any games. Then one day we were hanging at this spot where we'd skateboard and one friend said he wanted to sell his Gamecube for $20. I was so quick to jump on that and bought it off him. It came with Wrestlemania X8, All-Star Baseball, and NBA Street Vol.2. Me and my other friend spent so much time playing it. $20! It was the deal of a lifetime. I wasn't letting anyone else buy it ahead of me. The kid who sold it said he wanted to buy cigarettes lol

So I've always liked Retro games and I've bought SNES and got bored with it pretty quickly. Tried N64 and got bored with it. I feel like finally I'm making the right decision to get Gamecube again. I'm not a big gamer like some of you guys like I'm not going to play Mario Sunshine or Zelda. Just going to play games like NFL Blitz, Slugfest, NHL Hitz, WWE, Mario Strikers, SSX. Maybe Metal Gear. I'm just so pumped for this.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah Gamecube is an awesome console... such good memories with that thing. Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker were 2 of my fav games on it... you gotta play them!

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

The console itself is a fun little system. But, good luck finding decently priced games for it nowadays. Prices are ridiculous, even for some of the ported multi-plat titles.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Great buy, it's my second favorite console...F-Zero GX, Resident Evil 4, Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Metroid Prime are some of the greatest games I've ever played.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

Enjoy it sir. Based on your interests, I'd recommend 1080 Avalanche. It's not as good as SSX 3, but it has a better sense of speed and focuses more on racing. Plus there are the avalanche levels, which are badass. Haven't seen it for over $5 in years.

Also, Def Jam: Fight for New York is my favorite Wrestling game on the system.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Eternal darkness is a must if you like survival horror, as a previous poster said be ready to pay a little over the odds for some games.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

If I was going to collect a console and it's games, it would likely be a GC. I missed out on it due to PC gaming but looks like it had a good library of games.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

@judaspete: Great recommends! I'm definitely going to get Def Jam. I'll look into 1080 too.

@thehig1: Nice I'm going to look more into that too

Lots of good recommends in here I'll look into all of them

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

@Sonny360Elite: Cool. You might also want to look into WWE Day of Reckoning 2 as it is an actual WWE game and much better than WMX8. It'll cost you more than Def Jam though.

One more and then I'll stop :) If you still have your N64 you may want to find WWF: No Mercy. I have not played it myself, but it still tops most "best wrestling games of all time lists" to this day.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

@thehig1 said:

Eternal darkness is a must if you like survival horror, as a previous poster said be ready to pay a little over the odds for some games.

I totally agree!!! I'm not a survival horror person, but I absolutely loved that game.

And to the OP, glad you got a deal, enjoy your games!

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Go get Metroid Prime, best game of that generation....period.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Great deal for the Cube and 3 games. Lucky your wanted to play games are fairly easy to find and cheap to buy.

Avatar image for White_Wolf_Kiba
White_Wolf_Kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 White_Wolf_Kiba
Member since 2004 • 82 Posts

Good luck getting that Gotcha Force and Skies of Arcadia Legends, unless you have both already

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Nice. I have a Gamecube, and I haven't been able to play some of those games I used to play for awhile. NBA Street Vol. 2 and Super Mario Strikers were so much fun. Especially SMS. I hope you've had a great time with the Gamecube so far, lol.

JohnSantina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JohnSantina
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

I recently inherited a Gamecube (my brother had literally put it in the bin - I had to ask him if I could take it instead), but have never owned one before and have no affinity towards it.

It's sitting on my game shelf, but I need to buy a few games for it to win me over.

What 3 games would you suggest?

John
@johnsantina
GrownGaming.com