Castlevania 3D, the "best" one?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

Poll Castlevania 3D, the "best" one? (4 votes)

Castlevania 64 (N64) 0%
Legacy of Darkness (N64) 0%
Lament of Innocence (PS2) 75%
Curse of Darkness (PS2/XBOX Classic) 0%
Lords of Shadow (PS3/XBOX 360/PC) 0%
Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/XBOX 360/PC) 0%
I just want to see ranks. 25%

Yeah, Castlevania, like SEGA's blue hedgehog, did not have the greatest reception when being transitioned to 3D compared to other franchises that have done well (like Mario, Zelda, Prince of Persia since Sands of Time).

Still, it's 3D transition lasted for a while, while the 2D "Metroidvania's" (I hate that term, might as well still call FPS' "Doom clones") were mostly on GBA/DS. But to that, I wonder, which was the "best" (as in, the least bad) Castlevania in 3D?

Personally, I enjoyed 64 (still remember that AWFUL review the AVGN did for it... he did not even try) and am playing Lords of Shadow, which honestly... feels less like Castlevania, more like Konami slapping a "Castlevania" skin on games like Sony's God of War and Capcom's Devil May Cry (you know... another Gothic set hack n slash?). Not that not I'm enjoying it, mind you. But there is MUCH better in that genre (and if like me, you're playing on XBONE BC, much better even from even a gen before).

Your choice? For references, here are the trailers to each game below. Apologies for any issues.

•