NotSoAverageJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1 NotSoAverageJoe
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

What do we love most about both the Remake and does it stack up against the masterpiece that is the Original? What are the best improvements made in this version?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677
deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677
Member since 2019 • 15 Posts

Personally, I'm not that fond of the remake, because it deviates too much away from the original game, in the same way 4 deviated too far from the series as a whole. There's way too much cut content and it feels more like a tribute type game, with a rushed feel to it. It felt like they did a lot of fat trimming, and the end result was a shambolic effort on their part, to restore past glory to a once wonderful franchise. Yet somehow, a lot of people love the game and say it "returned to its roots".

They have it giving it a 10/10 score, which I mean, they're entitled to do so if that reflects on how they feel about it. Me on the other hand... I've been so turned off by the classic franchises associated with this genre in recent years, and found myself only interested in The Last of Us and Days Gone now. At least those games have great gameplay, awesome graphics, and a story you can actually get into. To me, Capcom are only focusing on remakes because when they do sequels, they are always a mixed bag with the critics. Have you noticed that all they do is rip stuff off from other games, and also a lot of horror films?

If you see this dude's video here, that's pretty much how I feel about it as well.

Loading Video...