Would you support a US invasion of Iran and why?

• 59 results
Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you support a US invasion of Iran and why? (66 votes)

Yes 8%
No 92%

My job requires me to analyse some countries in the Middle East and Iran is one of them.

After years of research, I am somewhat sympathetic to the Iranians. Sanctions has caused a lot of human misery for Iranians (little access to foreign medicine for one, no chemotherapy if you get cancer).

I believe Iran probably wants to make a nuclear weapon but they will never use it because they know every other country will isolate and will join together to take down the regime if they did.

They want a nuke (but they are decades away from being able to make one).

What is your opinion and why.

(Please no insults or derogatory comments, think about this on a human level, the civilians who just want food on the table, a roof over their heads and someone to cuddle next to at night).

• 
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

No I wouldn't. If they were about to get a nuclear weapon then maybe some countries should go in, but how about we let some of our European friends take the lead, you know, since they bitch so much. A coalition of the willing led by Spain, Italy and Portugal.

Stay out of Iran.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Why would Iran with nukes warrant a war?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The only countries we leave alone have nukes. The US is it's own worst enemy in terms of nuclear proliferation. The industrial military complex makes the entire world less safe.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@horgen said:

Nuclear proliferation warrants a war. The club is set and nobody else is getting in.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

Invade and then what? Cause ousting current unfriendly but stable regimes has always led to more stability and peace in previous wars with middle eastern countries...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

One simple answer in a variety of ways...

Loading Video...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

No.

Instead, support Iranian youth, keep winning their hearts and minds.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Nah, I like Iran.

They're only a threat to Israel, although not really either. Israel has nukes.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

I don't think it would be a good idea. Have you seen Iran's all-female ninja warriors squad??? But no seriously, I truly believe it's a bad idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

No, not an another war.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Master_Live: Nobody in Europe is in favour of military intervention in Iran as far as I'm aware, so good luck with that.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Master_Live said:
@horgen said:

Nuclear proliferation warrants a war. The club is set and nobody else is getting in.

If Iran obtained them Saudi Arabia would be close to follow.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Nope. War doesn't solve a thing really.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

No stupid idea, nothing to gain

unless they attack the US on our land im against it, but I doubt they would ever try that, we would wipe them off the plant

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: It stopped the holocaust.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

No.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

No and more No

Also a Iran with nuclear weapons would be just that insane so if a war were to come against them, they would push the button faster than you can say "end of the world"

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Still don't fully understand the American angst against Iran to be honest. Their government ain't the most pleasant but we and the US deal with a lot worse governments. Nothing against their people who seem to largely just want to get on with their lives.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

The fact that Pompeo announced about impending attacks on US forces by Iran and then conveniently sent some ships a bit closer makes me think that you fuckers are gonna try to pull another Gulf of Tonkin "incident", after all, right wingers were jizzing about going to war with Iran for decades now.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Starting a war because of an idiot presidents personal vendetta seems very foolish to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#21 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Yes invade then cause further instability in the area let it spread to Europe and then complain that Europe doesn't spend enough money with NATO.

grizzlykuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By grizzlykuma
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Heres a list of countries with nukes.

1. Untied states, 6,450 warheads

2. Russia, 6,490 warheads

3 UK, 215 warheads

4. France, 300

5. China, 280

6. India, 140

7. Pakistan, 150

8. North Korea, 20

9. Israel, 80

We can start with invading the country in the top and then work our way down the list. the maniacs in the top as done over 1,000 of warhead test and is the only nation that has actually been using them towards civilians. the world should stop the real terrorist and invade the US, do you have my support?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

We already indirectly killing Iranians by sanctions against them that crippled their economy and money system. Any Iran invasion would just produce more terrorist, many whom is very educated and already hated Americans and western ideologies. Not to mention none of the Middle East countries that were invaded ever recovered, its new breeding ground for extreme ideology and propaganda. Another thing is, Europeans will suffer more.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@vagrantsnow: Glad you asked. In short and brief, there was once a Shah of Iran (Kinda like a King). He was very pro-west, he was even good friends with the Israelis. But there was also a exiled Ayatollah who wanted to return back to Iran. The Ayatollah released many cassette tapes and Iranians listened and wanted him back. He came back and the Shah left Iran. Then, Iranians stormed the US embassy and took Americans hostage (they were spies and wanted the Shah to return).

Since Iranians invaded the embassy, (kinda equivalent to invading US soil since it’s an embassy).

So America is unhappy about that event that took place in 1979.

That’s the beef!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@grizzlykuma said:
the world should stop the real terrorist and invade the US, do you have my support?

Come on over and try it..............I can guarantee it won't end well for you though. But hey.........keep your word and grow a pair.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts
@Master_Live said:

No I wouldn't. If they were about to get a nuclear weapon then maybe some countries should go in, but how about we let some of our European friends take the lead, you know, since they bitch so much. A coalition of the willing led by Spain, Italy and Portugal.

Stay out of Iran.

As far as I can see, it's only your President that is bitching about Iran. European countries are struggling to cope with the effects of US interventions in the Middle East, and really have no interest in invading Iran.....apart from that, Spain, Italy and Portugal couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery never mind an invasion of Iran.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It would be nice if America stopped to start wars.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

no

-sigh-

can we go a week without invading somewhere?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horgen  Moderator

@Master_Live said:
@horgen said:

Just BS. Invade if they mean to use them. Not otherwise.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

No, because Trump wants to invade there and we all know Trump isn't the brightest person we should be taking advice from.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

@vagrantsnow: Glad you asked. In short and brief, there was once a Shah of Iran (Kinda like a King). He was very pro-west, he was even good friends with the Israelis. But there was also a exiled Ayatollah who wanted to return back to Iran. The Ayatollah released many cassette tapes and Iranians listened and wanted him back. He came back and the Shah left Iran. Then, Iranians stormed the US embassy and took Americans hostage (they were spies and wanted the Shah to return).

Since Iranians invaded the embassy, (kinda equivalent to invading US soil since it’s an embassy).

So America is unhappy about that event that took place in 1979.

That’s the beef!

Yeah, I remember all that. All just feels like America having a hissy fit, really.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

At the time of writing 95% of respondents do not support a war or an invasion. So glad I am among like minded people!

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

No, because as usual Dem states will be the ones footing the bill seeing as Rep states except Texas are poorer than Iraq. If MAGAstanis want war they can fight it on their own, of course that will never happen because most of them would instantly fail the physical and psychological entrance examinations.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 N64DD

@Rockman999 said:

No, because as usual Dem states will be the ones footing the bill seeing as Rep states except Texas are poorer than Iraq. If MAGAstanis want war they can fight it on their own, of course that will never happen because most of them would instantly fail the physical and psychological entrance examinations.

"i identify as a carrot, and my degree is in gender studies" will definitely pass the physical and psychological tests for sure.

LOL

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd said:
@Rockman999 said:

"i identify as a carrot, and my degree is in gender studies" will definitely pass the physical and psychological tests for sure.

LOL

Well... According to this... It's not like those conservatives are so much better.

1 in 4 Alabamians is functionally illiterate. Functional illiteracy is the inability to read, write, or use basic math skills and technology in everyday life. It is linked with numerous social problems including crime, increased high school dropout rate, poverty, teen pregnancy and poor emotional health.

In Alabama, 3.4 million or 15% of Alabama residents are illiterate, according to 2003 statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics. More specifically, in West Alabama, an average 35% of residents are illiterate.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 N64DD

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:
@Rockman999 said:

LOL

Well... According to this... It's not like those conservatives are so much better.

1 in 4 Alabamians is functionally illiterate. Functional illiteracy is the inability to read, write, or use basic math skills and technology in everyday life. It is linked with numerous social problems including crime, increased high school dropout rate, poverty, teen pregnancy and poor emotional health.

In Alabama, 3.4 million or 15% of Alabama residents are illiterate, according to 2003 statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics. More specifically, in West Alabama, an average 35% of residents are illiterate.

Can you find a statistic that isn't slanted it almost 17 years old?

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
@n64dd said:
@Rockman999 said:

LOL

I wouldn't know cause I got an actual useful degree. ??‍♂️

Do ya have colleges over in MAGAstan or do ya completely cap out at middle school?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd: Proving difficult. All I have found until now cites the same source.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/senators-demand-answers-trump-administration-iran-threat-n1005951

I pray that this starts a real conversation about restoring war powers to congress.

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

I've been saying for years now, for over a decade that the Bush Administration needs to be held accountable for the Iraq war. Not out of pettiness or partisanship, but because the total impunity they enjoy has set a dangerous precedent. And here we are. Unfortunately the left are in disarray and distracted at every turn with increasingly trivial issues. It's not that they are necessarily wrong, but they really need to 'pick their battles' more wisely.

I've defended Trump against those who would claim him the worst president in modern times on the basis that people seem to have totally forgotten just how catastrophic and murderous the Bush administration truly was. Trump at least claimed to have opposed the Iraq war.

So I have to wonder what the hell was Trump thinking appointing a blood-thirsty maniac like John Bolton? In any functional country, a dangerous lunatic with Bolton's history would have been put behind bars years ago, or better yet, not listened to in the first place. It demonstrates a severe lack of sound judgement on the part of Trump, particularly with everything we now know.

I'm reading the current developments with increasing alarm and the worst type of deja-vu. I sincerely hope that this isn't what it looks like, and if it is, I just hope the situation can somehow be deescalated this time.

Somewhere down the line we're going to be reading obituaries for Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney and the rest of the war criminals, and it will be our eternal disgrace if they lived out their final years in comfort and luxury, secluded a world away insulated from the chaos and mayhem they inflicted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

No. Unless we are directly attacked, i support no attack on Iran. Their biggest enemy is themself and their Russian tenders. Let them fight it out.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

The bush and bush administration are criminals period. Going after osama bin laden was one thing but going into Iraq, afganistan, Pakistan, and many other countries, and killing millions of people without any backlash is a disgrace. They are war criminals. I'd also put Obama into that category but he didn't start any wars, just continued what bush started. Trump same story but at least he doesn't intentionally start wars like the bush maniacs.

Oddly enough it was satisfying to see Jed Bush get stomped and ridiculed by trump.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 N64DD

@Audacitron: Saddam is a dictator that tortured and starved his people and would attack any country he think he could conquer.

Saying people are war criminals just because they were in charge during the war is just your liberal bias showing.

Gas prices are getting pretty high though, we should definately start invading the middle east more. At least in time for 4th of july weekend.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

No, no more war. No more invasions.

If they want to do drone strikes and covert ops that's one thing but a full-on war is quite another.

@Maroxad said:

No.

Instead, support Iranian youth, keep winning their hearts and minds.

Pretty much this.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@n64dd said:

we should definately start invading the middle east more. At least in time for 4th of july weekend.

For their charcoal briquettes?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I’m cautious but I want to say yes and no

A government ruled by a theocracy who mainly preaches that anyone who isn’t you are evil and should be a annihilated is extremely troublesome. This includes a lot more countries than just Iran.

Iran obtaining nukes should be dealt with though. I don’t know what the Obama administration was thinking.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 N64DD

@mrbojangles25: Get gas prices down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#49 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

There's been sometime since the US obliterated a nation on their quest to spread the good truth. You guys should definitely go there and teach them the ways of peace!

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Iran, Venezuela, NK, and maybe Cuba. Trump and his admins wants to wage war all around the globe.