Woman at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez town hall suggests eating babies to save the planet. Serious or real-life troll?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Woman at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez town hall suggests eating babies to save the planet. Serious or real-life troll? (25 votes)

Serious, and needs some serious mental health intervention 20%
Troll trying to make AOC look bad 56%
A little bit of both, crazy and a troll at the same time 24%

I almost have no words for that. No, I don't think AOC or her followers are like her, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was a real-life troll just trying to harm her cause. I'm sure people are trying to learn her identity as we speak to get an idea on whether or not she is like that outside of the town hall.

AOC tweeted out for compassion and not to mock her for what she assumes is a mental disability.

What do you think, serious person that took some of AOC's ideas too far, or an obvious troll trying to make her look bad? By the way, the memes are already starting.

• 
jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

AOC just going along with what this woman is saying... like its a normal thing... is more alarming than the baby eating kook herself.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@jeezers said:

AOC just going along with what this woman is saying... like its a normal thing... is more alarming than the baby eating kook herself.

Looked more to me like AOC was either in shock or worried that the wrong response to her rant could have went south really fast.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@ad1x2: But all she has to say is "NO. no one needs to eat any babies, that's insane"

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Woman was clearly mentally ill. What's the story?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ad1x2
@jeezers said:

@ad1x2: But all she has to say is "NO. no one needs to eat any babies, that's insane"

At this point trying to pin this on AOC is a battle people on the right would probably lose considering the circumstances. Besides, there are a few tweets circulating that strongly suggests this was indeed a setup.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Obvious troll to create a distraction.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#7 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

Obviously a troll, come on man.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

lol

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Turns out it was actually a Trump supporter trying to sabotage AOC.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

Deflection...….

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

That was cringe-inducing. She should be embarrassed.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

Its a mentally ill troll, LaRouche's views were completely mentally ill and so is his followers.

AOC once again, proves she is skilled beyond her years and experience. She handled both the troll and another Trump supporter extremely well in that town hall.

This incident also lead to Donald Trump Jr. getting involved on Twitter, leading to his father calling her a "wack job", and then AOC smacking him down.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1179937355794452482

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Guaranteed this woman was a member of Trump's Terrorist Organization.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

This thread is a joke. Obvious troll. In the meanwhile, Trump is soliciting China for intel against political opponents and has committed impeachable offenses, yet you post this drivel so you can be "different."

Try again.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

Its a mentally ill troll, LaRouche's views were completely mentally ill and so is his followers.

AOC once again, proves she is skilled beyond her years and experience. She handled both the troll and another Trump supporter extremely well in that town hall.

This incident also lead to Donald Trump Jr. getting involved on Twitter, leading to his father calling her a "wack job", and then AOC smacking him down.

She handled this like shit. She should of denounced this crap immediately at the town hall meeting and to think you all think that was a smack down from AOC on Trump. ROFLMAO! Trumps trolling is pretty terrible, but AOC is one of the worse politicians I have seen in a very long time.

Liberals and Conservatives are just wacked to hell right now.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@drunk_pi: I'm just glad he stopped trying to claim he was a centrist.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 texasgoldrush

@Xabiss said:
@texasgoldrush said:

She handled this like shit. She should of denounced this crap immediately at the town hall meeting and to think you all think that was a smack down from AOC on Trump. ROFLMAO! Trumps trolling is pretty terrible, but AOC is one of the worse politicians I have seen in a very long time.

Liberals and Conservatives are just wacked to hell right now.

WRONG

You do not know much about how a House Rep should handle constituents and it shows. A Rep should NEVER try to debate his or her constituents and should listen before addressing. She had TWO Trump wackos, and she let them spew their crap before addressing them (the other said that the British government is trying to stage a coup against Trump) in a professional, not reactionary manner.

Second, mental breakdowns happen in rallies and town halls and the candidate or congressperson must be able to deescalate the situation, which not was she trying to do, she did. AOC lashing out at her could have made the situation worse, had she not been a troll.

AOC conducted her town hall expertly

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ad1x2

@mattbbpl said:

@drunk_pi: I'm just glad he stopped trying to claim he was a centrist.

Despite my many disagreements with the GOP (especially with climate change), I stopped trying to convince people here I was a right-leaning independent when many of you made it clear that anything less than absolute contempt for Trump=being a far-right Republican. So be it, if everyone here thinks I’m alt-right then fine, call me alt-right.

The funny thing is in the original post I said it was possibly a troll, and I even defended AOC’s silence when the woman was going on her rant against another poster. Despite that, I’m still an asshole for posting this thread and I’m trying to deflect from the the impeachment news of the day one of the other 20+ threads talking about it isn’t covering. Whatever...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattbbpl

@ad1x2: Far be it from me to stop your posting. I like this version of you a lot better. If it gives you comfort to view yourself as a nonpartisan, by all means continue to make more level-headed, nonpartisan threads such as

*Checks notes*

Democrats eating babies

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ad1x2

@mattbbpl said:

@ad1x2: Far be it from me to stop your posting. I like this version of you a lot better. If it gives you comfort to view yourself as a nonpartisan, by all means continue to make more level-headed, nonpartisan threads such as

*Checks notes*

Democrats eating babies

I vote for who I agree with the most. That is why my choice in 2012 was Obama instead of Romney. While I get that many of you are staunch Democrats that wouldn’t even entertain voting for a Republican, I’m sorry if some of you can’t understand that people can have unique political views that don’t always fall into Democrat or Republican.

In terms of this topic, your description is totally dishonest, but if you think that was my intention then whatever. I said in the thread title that a woman (not Democrat) at AOC’s town hall made the suggestion to eat babies. We have a character limit for thread titles. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember you criticizing thread titles that call perpetrator of certain crimes Trump supporters when the political leanings of the suspected perp aren’t even listed in the story.

I then said she was probably a troll and her suggestion was not something I believed AOC or her followers would concur with. Finally, when another poster criticized AOC for not condemning it on the spot I said she was probably in shock and may have even been afraid to condemn it (in my opinion for all AOC knew the woman could have pulled out a gun or did some other violent act if she pushed back on her suggestion).

Despite all of that, according to you I’m suggesting Democrats are a bunch of cannibals for even posting this thread.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattbbpl

If she's "probably a troll" there's no story here, so why make a thread?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ad1x2

@mattbbpl: Why not make a thread? It’s politics, it starts a discussion, and we can debate on whether or not the person was a real-life troll or an insane AOC supporter. We do the same thing for alleged Trump supporters on a much bigger scale here, sometimes with less evidence.

A possible added bonus is maybe I just think it’s funny watching @texasgoldrush white knight for AOC without fail.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I'm surpirsed this wasn't a Project Veritas thing. Resorting to fraud and lying. So we're flagging this as fake news then? lol

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@ad1x2 said:

@mattbbpl: Why not make a thread? It’s politics, it starts a discussion, and we can debate on whether or not the person was a real-life troll or an insane AOC supporter. We do the same thing for alleged Trump supporters on a much bigger scale here, sometimes with less evidence.

A possible added bonus is maybe I just think it’s funny watching @texasgoldrush white knight for AOC without fail.

No, it doesn't. It perpetuates fake and misleading news stories which is already problematic in conservative outlets; and even then, after it being proven to be fake or misleading, those same outlets do not attempt to correct it. They ignore it or even continue to share it.

For instance, Trump's cringeworthy "IMPEACH THIS" twitter post that showed what seemed a conservative majority country for Trump, nevermind the disregard for population density in each county. Yet, you still have people sharing the tweet as if it's a "I GOT YOU NOW LIBURALS!!!!1"

You're posting misleading news for the sake of being some edgy centrist and that's cringeworthy. You can make arguments, post news sources, whatever critical of AOC's, or others, political and economic viewpoints, yet you post this.

Meanwhile, Trump has asked China to spy on his political opponents, among other significant abuses of power, and you post this. You couldn't even post an article critical of the allegations, yet you post this.

As for @texasgoldrush 's statement, you generally don't respond to hecklers, otherwise you're giving them a platform, i.e. power over the discussion, speech or whatever. Hell, here's a link on how to deal with hecklers: https://speakerhub.com/skillcamp/12-ways-handle-heckler-professional-speaker

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Loading Video...

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ad1x2

@drunk_pi: While there are plenty of things coming from the GOP that are worthy of ridicule, let’s not pretend that actual fake news that is unflattering to the GOP doesn’t get posted here on a regular basis unchallenged. Acting offended over this thread, which I posted prior to it coming out that the woman was a plant, is a joke when you consider that. But you’re free to flag this thread if it offends you and you think it needs to be locked.

I don’t need to post critical Trump threads because there are dozens of posters that will do it long before I’ll ever get a chance to do it. In terms of posting a rebuttal to the Trump allegations with China, I see no reason to because I‘m not challenging them at this time and I’ll wait until I get more information. I’m assuming we’re all big boys and girls, for every 30 anti-Trump threads surely we can handle one that doesn’t mention him in either a negative or positive light.

As for our poster I was talking about being a white knight, there’s a difference between defending a presumably intelligent freshman congresswoman from wrongful criticism and championing someone who was a bartender a year ago as possibly the biggest political genius in American history that can do no wrong.

Also, if it was a GOP townhall with some heckler saying something like ”execute illegals on sight” instead of eating babies like in the AOC townhall let’s not pretend the leader of the townhall wouldn’t be criticized if they didn’t immediately disavow the statement. But that shouldn’t matter since I even said myself as early as post #2 that AOC didn’t do anything wrong for not trying to shut her down.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@joebones5000: So she's the rights version of you, gotcha.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Verified: the woman is a troll from the LaRouche Foundation (or something along those lines).

Unfortunately the damage is done and the haters won't pay that part any mind, only the baby-eating.

@jeezers said:

When a crazy person is going on some tirade, it's not really a great idea to challenge them. That's when they decide to eat your face.

AOC played it smart, she placated and defused.

She also demonstrated that she can play it cool, handle a chaotic situation, and still be a compassionate human being. If that had been me I either would have left the room, told the woman to shut up, or maybe beat her ass.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By texasgoldrush

@ad1x2: Lets see

She upsets a top ranking Democrat and powerful local party boss in a primary, builds a social media movement which amasses the biggest Twitter following in Congress (outside Bernie Sanders), rolls out a bold environment proposal that shifts the conversation on climate change not only in America but worldwide, routinely gives knockout performances in committee meetings and actually scores wins, getting the upper hand in a feud with party leadership, brings national attention to the horrific border camps, goads Trump into making the some of the most racist comments in his Presidency, and has an impact on the race for the Democratic nomination.

She has electrified progressives, unnerved Democratic establishment leaders, made the right wing and their media go absolutely bonkers, and moved the Overton window in this country to the left (along with Sanders).

And face facts here, she is a very talented, empathetic, and charismatic figure, much more so than the vast majority of politicians, with a very good political IQ. Unlike other progressive figures like Omar and Tlaib, she hasn't made the mistakes (her only real mistake was taking Chakabarti as her Chief of Staff), she knows when NOT to be a firebrand (this town hall for example), and actually listens to those who disagree with her (unlike Sanders). Her only weakness is one of experience, that is it. And lack of experience is a weakness one can remedy with time.

Her political talent, smarts, and skills were on full display at that town hall. And it wasn't just this plant she dealt with expertly, she dealt with another Trump supporter as well, and also diffused another emotional sensitive situation regarding to stricken 9/11 first responder who feared being deported.

The fact of the matter is yes, SHE IS THIS GOOD.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Nuck81 said:

That is a very harsh statement, it could be someone being a troll and trying to test AOC.

But not sure what the news is here, town halls are town halls and who cares.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VFighter

@texasgoldrush: You give off a vibe that at some point in the near future she's going to go missing and years later they're going to find her in your basement.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@jeezers: Don't think she really needs to say that. People are aware of that, and most people think she knows that to.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VFighter

@joebones5000: So just like you, just on the other side.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

*Checks notes*

Democrats eating babies

Hahaha...……..thanks for the laugh this morning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@Jacanuk: When someone acts crazy or mentally ill, you treat them as such until you find out otherwise.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Nuck81 said:

@Jacanuk: When someone acts crazy or mentally ill, you treat them as such until you find out otherwise.

Sure, but this women could merely have been making a extreme comment to showcase the craziness suggested by someone as extreme and uneducated on the issues as AOC when they are trying to tell others what to do.

But who knows and she could just have been some crazy PETA person.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 texasgoldrush

@Jacanuk said:
@Nuck81 said:

Sure, but this women could merely have been making a extreme comment to showcase the craziness suggested by someone as extreme and uneducated on the issues as AOC when they are trying to tell others what to do.

But who knows and she could just have been some crazy PETA person.

A Trump supporter or a right winger calling AOC extreme and uneducated on the issues, hilarious. The hypocrisy cannot be any more hilarious. The more you talk about her, the more she is owning you.

And its fact that the woman was a LaRouche person, there is no "who knows" here, we know. It was another right wing buffoon who tried to embarrass AOC but failed because of her skill handling people like her.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 texasgoldrush

@vfighter said:

@texasgoldrush: You give off a vibe that at some point in the near future she's going to go missing and years later they're going to find her in your basement.

Look at the right wing,

Talk about obsession with her.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic: Anytime, lol. These types of threads are beyond ridiculous, so it's fun to highlight how bonkers they are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Well, humans are overpopulated and destroying the planet. Sometimes the most difficult of decisions requires the strongest of wills. *thanos snap*

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I think that she was serious. To me she seemed very sincere. And if she wasn't (then she's a good actress), I'm pretty sure there are people like her panicking about climate change and the future of this planet. You have to understand that some of the articles out there are panic inducing to some people who think they could be real.

I remember reading some articles around the millennial leap that were stating we would run out of electricity in 20-25 years. 20 years is not a lot of time to turn this ship around. And for a few days I was thinking we had to do something drastic, something extreme, something extremely unusual to make this quick reduction in energy usage possible or everything would stop working and we'd all be f'd, living in the dark.

I wasn't thinking about eating babies but I can see someone go there if they think it's serious enough. Because you aren't thinking clearly. You're in a state of panic thinking: "Why isn't anyone else doing anything about this most serious threat that is right around the corner! Why are people still preparing sandwiches and watching TV like nothing is going on?" And that is probably right about the moment she made that t-shirt.

And I also don't think she made AOC look bad at all. At best/worst, she would have made herself look stupid. She wasn't asking for the room to chant 'eat the babies!' with her or anything like that. If she was planted by the opposition I think it would have been more on the nose. Like someone who is dressed like AOC or at least trying to get the room to do something stupid. She just shared her message and that was it. I mean I'm pretty naive and have a very open mind (so leave it to me to believe a liar) but I think she was honestly concerned that time was running out to do something to save us.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Guilt-free burgers I guess, if you're a pro-choice vegetarian.

Obvious troll.