Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 11593 Posts

Damn how do you even defend his statements regarding Dingell?

Widow, Republicans and Democrats blast Trump for crass Dingell 'hell' comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-makes-hell-acious-crack-about-deceased-rep-john-dingell-n1104711

Rep. Debbie Dingell called President Donald Trump's suggestion that her late lawmaker husband John Dingell was "looking up" from hell hurtful on Thursday as a bipartisan group of lawmakers demanded the president apologize for the macabre crack.

Dingell told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell she was stunned when she learned about Trump's comments about her husband during his Wednesday night rally in her home state of Michigan.

You straight up have to drop your IQ to the level of a brick to attempt to defend those remarks.

Why does he behave this way?

SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SilentFireX
Member since 2005 • 1956 Posts

Judging by supporters' comments on Reddit's AskTrumpSupporters subreddit, the majority of his proponents believe comments such as these to be hilarious since they "trigger the libs".

In my opinion it is absolutely indefensible for the President of the United States to behave in such a careless, crass manner, but then again, that's just par for the course in regard to this presidency.

EDIT: I will clarify that the majority of supporters who are aware of statements such as these (and active on social media) appear to defend them by suggesting it's all somehow funny. I genuinely believe the majority of his support base is willfully unaware of how often Trump has made similar statements or simply apathetic since he's "on their side".

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 3303 Posts

He should of never said it and it was foolish!

Dan said it best:

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5484 Posts

I'm not surprised Trump said such a thing.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1035 Posts

Yeah, that was pretty stupid. I wish he'd take a few deep breaths before jumping on stage and venting spleen.

LeicaM6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 LeicaM6
Member since 2019 • 539 Posts

Add it to the pile.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 2954 Posts

As long as he's owning the libs, amirite?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 12716 Posts

Dingell deserves it. That whole family has screwed Michigan for decades and continues to do so.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 34638 Posts

"You're husband went to hell when he died, Merry Christmas."
~Donald Trump

"Trump's impeachment is worse than Jesus, who the man very much resembles in the way he behaves on a daily basis."
~Republicans

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105

@plageus900 said:

He acts like a disrespectful piece of shit on the daily and his supporters just laugh and say get over it. Remind me to never consider any of them to be christians ever again.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37172 Posts

@plageus900 said:

Yep... of course. That's more important than fighting climate change.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 18063 Posts

@Serraph105: "Remind me to never consider any of them to be christians ever again."

This administration has been eye opening across the party spectrum. Every principle they professed to adhere to other than tax cuts and white nationalist concerns have been shattered.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105

@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: "Remind me to never consider any of them to be Christians ever again."

This administration has been eye opening across the party spectrum. Every principle they professed to adhere to other than tax cuts and white nationalist concerns have been shattered.

Yeah, I don't know how I'm supposed to believe that they actually have the convictions they say they do if they can laugh off Trump saying that a recently deceased person is in hell and continue to support him.

The whole, "It's just a joke, bra!" mantra that they use to excuse everything Trump says just doesn't work for me, and for whatever reason this instance is particularly stunning. Maybe because of the lack of class, or the fact that he's being shitty to a widowed woman in congress and nobody seems to care, or maybe it's because he's making fun of the idea that people go to hell which inherently pokes fun at religion, but this and the general reaction to it (or lack there of) just really bothers me.

Nuck81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Nuck81
Member since 2005 • 8126 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: "Remind me to never consider any of them to be christians ever again."

Honestly, how trump treats and uses evangelicals says all you need to know about him. And it should be all they need to not support him.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46052 Posts

I wonder how folks will defen---

@n64dd said:

Dingell deserves it. That whole family has screwed Michigan for decades and continues to do so.

Ah. There it is.

@nintendoboy16 said:
@plageus900 said:

Yep... of course. That's more important than fighting climate change.

And basic human empathy.

The guy is an animal, and a child. And I don't mean that as hyperbole, like "oh the man is a savage, an animal" or "he is immature".

I mean he just lacks all of the psychological components that a basic human and adult has. The critter is beneath us, all of us.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 11593 Posts

@n64dd said:

How did John Dingell screw Michigan? Link?

Does this mean you also want the Trump and his family to go to hell? They have screwed over many people, and that's a fact going by lawsuit records.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122489 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

And showing that the government is incompetent and that every task the government have, should be filled by private interests.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 18063 Posts

@horgen: Are you sure? Government spending has spiked under the administration, as usual.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122489 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@horgen: Are you sure? Government spending has spiked under the administration, as usual.

Purchases have increased, hasn't it?

Actually no that doesn't have to increase. Filling positions with people which lack the qualifications for the roles they are supposed to fill. Or simply having the mantra of the government doesn't work, so I shouldn't be working when filling this position.

Although most commonly done by starving the beast.