horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

He said he would release them... After voting for him I think.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Honestly, don´t know why anyone is interested in seeing them, I get that the left can use it to justify their "Old white rich man bad" agenda but other than that there is nothing of value in them.

And that goes for any political candidate of both sides, also as a voter if you are persuaded to change opinions on voting for someone so easily, perhaps you should do everyone a favour and not vote at all.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

He might not be as rich as he claims to be...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#4 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Considering the plethora of issues facing the country, who really cares?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacanuk
@horgen said:

Ya may be

But again not sure why it´s interesting for others than his political opponents who can use it in 2020.

Anyways I am sure the Democrats will work hard in the house to get them and publish them to the public and they have given a deadline so probably they will be revealed by end of this month.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Ya may be

But again not sure why it´s interesting for others than his political opponents who can use it in 2020.

Anyways I am sure the Democrats will work hard in the house to get them and publish them to the public and they have given a deadline so probably they will be revealed by end of this month.

Important to see if there are any conflicts...........including foreign.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Ya may be

You already forgot Mueller and his report? I am sure that if there were any "conflicts" he would have found it .

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You already forgot Mueller and his report? I am sure that if there were any "conflicts" he would have found it .

You've read the report already?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I’m sure that in the performance of his duties he would have had the ability to subpoena the IRS to see if he had something in his returns that would have shown proof he was getting paid by Moscow or some other illegal entity. Paul Manafort went to jail for tax evasion over findings from the Mueller Report.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Honestly, don´t know why anyone is interested in seeing them, I get that the left can use it to justify their "Old white rich man bad" agenda but other than that there is nothing of value in them.

And that goes for any political candidate of both sides, also as a voter if you are persuaded to change opinions on voting for someone so easily, perhaps you should do everyone a favour and not vote at all.

Well, considering that you're the type of person Trump was talking about when he said he could shoot a guy on fifth avenue and not lose support, perhaps you aren't the person people should listen to in terms of how easily they should change their personal opinions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic

@ad1x2 said:
@Vaasman said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I’m sure that in the performance of his duties he would have had the ability to subpoena the IRS to see if he had something in his returns that would have shown proof he was getting paid by Moscow or some other illegal entity. Paul Manafort went to jail for tax evasion over findings from the Mueller Report.

Manafort is not president. You do not know if Mueller got his income taxes or not.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ad1x2

@LJS9502_basic said:
@ad1x2 said:
@Vaasman said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Manafort is not president. You do not know if Mueller got his income taxes or not.

And you still think that some Trump-hating IRS employee wouldn’t have leaked his taxes to the press during his campaign if they showed proof he was taking payoffs from Russia?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vaasman
@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And you still think that some Trump-hating IRS employee wouldn’t have leaked his taxes to the press during his campaign if they showed proof he was taking payoffs from Russia?

This may come as a shock to you because the gaming industry is full of unprofessional twats, but not every industry is brimming with people willing to risk their jobs over a security leak.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ad1x2

@Vaasman said:
@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

This may come as a shock to you because the gaming industry is full of unprofessional twats, but not every industry is brimming with people willing to risk their jobs over a security leak.

Reality Winner is in jail right now because she leaked Top Secret information she thought would tie Trump to Russian collusion. In reality, it did little to harm the president. White House employees leaked the private conversations between Trump and other heads of state to the press. There are several other examples of people in different areas of the government that went out of their ways and risked their jobs and even jail time to hurt Trump, so if Trump’s taxes would have been the key to take him down he would have already been taken down.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No I don't. At the end of the day the IRS employee needs the job. Nice tinfoil hat you wear though.

And frankly the fact that he's hiding means something is in them.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vaasman
@ad1x2 said:
@Vaasman said:

Reality Winner is in jail right now because she leaked Top Secret information she thought would tie Trump to Russian collusion. In reality, it did little to harm the president. White House employees leaked the private conversations between Trump and other heads of state to the press. There are several other examples of people in different areas of the government that went out of their ways and risked their jobs and even jail time to hurt Trump, so if Trump’s taxes would have been the key to take him down he would have already been taken down.

The heads of the IRS are shills and the entire department is much smaller than it should be. Hell the only reason we're even learning about yet more horrible shit from the DHS is because of a bunch of random firings, and that isn't happening at the IRS right now.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ad1x2

@LJS9502_basic said:
@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No I don't. At the end of the day the IRS employee needs the job. Nice tinfoil hat you wear though.

And frankly the fact that he's hiding means something is in them.

See my reply to @Vaasman. Many of those people risked more jail time than a low-level IRS employee that leaked a billionaire’s tax returns would have, assuming the employee were even caught.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk
@Vaasman said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Why would I need to read the entire report when what has come out is enough and Mueller exonerated Trump as to any Russian collusion?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk
@Serraph105 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Well, considering that you're the type of person Trump was talking about when he said he could shoot a guy on fifth avenue and not lose support, perhaps you aren't the person people should listen to in terms of how easily they should change their personal opinions.

Try not to get so upset so that you have to turn to insults.

Also, did you have anything to contribute to the debate?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vaasman

@Jacanuk said:
@Vaasman said:

Why would I need to read the entire report when what has come out is enough and Mueller exonerated Trump as to any Russian collusion?

The only thing that's come out is a summary from a guy who had less to say about it than his unsolicited opinion piece on how the president can't commit crimes. A summary that, even with that fact, specifically said it doesn't exonerate the president.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jacanuk
@Vaasman said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Vaasman said:

The only thing that's come out is a summary from a guy who had less to say about it than his unsolicited opinion piece on how the president can't commit crimes. A summary that, even with that fact, specifically said it doesn't exonerate the president.

You must be a bit confused. Trump was completely exonerated as to Russia and any "collusion"

What the report also said was that there was no/not enough evidence to prove that Trump had committed obstruction of justice, they are two separate things.

So perhaps stick to the facts and not try to alter them to fit your own world view.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Honestly I think he is playing it close to the chest because it won't show anything, and he will wait until he is in hot water for something else and then release them as a distraction, saying "See? Nothing here, witch hunt! Just like the current thing I am in trouble for. Democrats are dumb!"

And then everyone will be like "Oh they were wrong about the Russia thing, wrong about the taxes, and they're probably wrong about this.

I won't give Trump credit for being educated or intelligent, but he is fairly clever and savvy.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Pretty much this.

I just want to get through the next few years and move past this. If Trump does nothing during his presidency, as has been the trend so far, I will be OK.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vaasman
@Jacanuk said:
@Vaasman said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Vaasman said:

You must be a bit confused. Trump was completely exonerated as to Russia and any "collusion"

What the report also said was that there was no/not enough evidence to prove that Trump had committed obstruction of justice, they are two separate things.

So perhaps stick to the facts and not try to alter them to fit your own world view.

Again, you haven't read the report. And what the summary said was that there wasn't enough for the DOJ to move on, headed by someone who says the investigation is a sham and sitting presidents shouldn't be indicted, but the direct quote says the president is NOT exonerated.

"while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”

That was one of the only quotes from the actual report that Barr offered. Nowhere does it say he's been "completely exonerated" of jack.

You're essentially making shit up by saying otherwise.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jacanuk
@Vaasman said:

Again, you haven't read the report. And what the summary said was that there wasn't enough for the DOJ to move on, headed by someone who says the investigation is a sham and sitting presidents shouldn't be indicted, but the direct quote says the president is NOT exonerated.

"while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”

That was one of the only quotes from the actual report that Barr offered. Nowhere does it say he's been "completely exonerated" of jack.

You're essentially making shit up by saying otherwise.

Again why are you confusing the two issues in the "summary of the report" What would the IRS tax returns have to do with obstruction?

Unless, are you claiming that Trump may have been paid by Russians to fire Comey? And also that Mueller would not have seen this and also investigated any even minute connection?

LJS was talking about collusion with any foreign entity, not obstruction so are you deliberately trolling or don´t you get what we are talking about here?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Most Americans care.

As to why, likely because it is a long standing precedent. Also due to prior reporting of Trump and Family having shady tax histories.

Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns:

Polls taken this year show that little has changed. “Do you think Donald Trump should publicly release his tax returns, or not?” Should, 64 percent to 29 percent. “Do you think Donald Trump should or should not release his tax returns for public review?” Should, 67 percent to 27 percent. “Do you think Donald Trump should or should not release his tax returns to the public?” Should, 56 percent to 27 percent. “Do you think Trump has a responsibility to publicly release his tax returns, or does he not have this responsibility?” Has a responsibility, 64 percent to 32 percent.

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/11/18306167/maryanne-trump-barry-tax-returns-trump

https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhle/watch/nyt-trump-family-used-tax-schemes-to-avoid-paying-millions-1335751235553

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@Vaasman said:
@Jacanuk said:

No the Mueller report did not exonerate trump.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@Serraph105 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Try not to get so upset so that you have to turn to insults.

Also, did you have anything to contribute to the debate?

Insults? It seems like you have made it your mission on this site to create mountains of evidence towards my conclusion so large that they rival the size of the mountains of evidence that prove climate change is real.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jacanuk

@Serraph105: That comment made as much sense as the insult you tried to throw.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Lots of meltdowns in this thread from the left.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zaryia

@n64dd said:

Lots of meltdowns in this thread from the left.

Can you not troll for once?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@zaryia: there is that meltdown we were talking about.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaryia
@n64dd said:

@zaryia: there is that meltdown we were talking about.

Do you want to discuss something like an adult or just throw out random trolls.