R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

During his papal visit, both Donald Trump and Pope Francis exchanged gifts -- with the Pope receiving a number of first edition books written by Martin Luther King Jr. Trump, however, was given a 192 page letter written by Pope Francis regarding the severity of climate change.

Source

The encyclical, titled Laudato Si or "Praised Be," essentially tied protection of the planet made by God to Catholics' faith in God.

In it he writes that climate change is a “global problem which has grave implications: environmental, social, economic, political, and for the distribution of goods.”

Pope Francis addresses the ties between multinational corporations and climate as well.

"[T]he pollution produced by companies which operate in less developed countries in ways they could never do at home, in those countries in which they raise their capital: We note that often the businesses that operate this way are multinationals. They do here what they would never do in developed countries or the so-called first world."

He went on to write that “by itself the market cannot guarantee integral human development and social inclusion.”

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Conservatives aren't really new to leftist propaganda being distributed through their Church. It's been going on since forever, really. (Archie Bunker was just complaining about it in an episode of All in the Family I was just watching).

If I were Trump, I'd have used it as toilet paper.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

By all means, if Republicans would prefer to label the church as leftist propaganda I'm all for it. I'm pretty tired of them claiming to be the harbinger of God while actively working against the Bible's teachings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Conservatives aren't really new to leftist propaganda being distributed through their Church. It's been going on since forever, really. (Archie Bunker was just complaining about it in an episode of All in the Family I was just watching).

Science = leftist propaganda?

American conservatives are so strange

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@perfect_blue:

Reject certain news networks, reject catholicism, reject science and reject humanity.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Science is propaganda? That explains a lot about you......

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

During his papal visit, both Donald Trump and Pope Francis exchanged gifts -- with the Pope receiving a number of first edition books written by Martin Luther King Jr. Trump, however, was given a 192 page letter written by Pope Francis regarding the severity of climate change.

Source

The encyclical, titled Laudato Si or "Praised Be," essentially tied protection of the planet made by God to Catholics' faith in God.

In it he writes that climate change is a “global problem which has grave implications: environmental, social, economic, political, and for the distribution of goods.”

Pope Francis addresses the ties between multinational corporations and climate as well.

"[T]he pollution produced by companies which operate in less developed countries in ways they could never do at home, in those countries in which they raise their capital: We note that often the businesses that operate this way are multinationals. They do here what they would never do in developed countries or the so-called first world."

He went on to write that “by itself the market cannot guarantee integral human development and social inclusion.”

Hmm, nice that the pope have stopped believing in a divine power and come to terms with that God does not exist.

But nice gift i'm sure Trump is very pleased with that.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@KHAndAnime said:

How will Manhattan fare if the water raises 1 meter? Maybe that will show them?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58296 Posts

The fact the Pope visits the White House at all and vice versa is bad enough...

These people should be enemies, not talking. "STAY OUT MY GOVERNMENT!"

"FINE! I WILL! STAY OUT MY CHURCH!"

"OK THEN! I WILL!"

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

The Church is actually pretty big into science.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Science = leftist propaganda?

American conservatives are so strange

American conservatives aren't strange, they're stupidly dangerous. Disinformation spreads like wildfire among the uneducated electorate. The success of fake news is absolute proof of this.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic

@Chutebox said:

The Church is actually pretty big into science.

Yes

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

That's because Catholics don't think this planet has been handed to them just so they can destroy it.

But on the other hand, Catholics have a real problem when it comes to pedophilia within their organization.

Then there's the fact that Priests can't marry and the Nuns "marry" themselves to God is just so fucking stupid. And these weird AF customs are the exact reason why I've stayed away from the church ever since I got out of high school and have pushed towards agnosticism.

Talibangelical Christians and the Radical Islamists have pushed me heavily towards atheism over the past year though. Conservative religions like these breed way too many wackadoos. And it only gets 10x worse when these Conservative religious sects start clashing with each other.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@HavocV3 said:

That's because Catholics don't think this planet has been handed to them just so they can destroy it.

But on the other hand, Catholics have a real problem when it comes to pedophilia within their organization.

Then there's the fact that Priests can't marry and the Nuns "marry" themselves to God is just so fucking stupid. And these weird AF customs are the exact reason why I've stayed away from the church ever since I got out of high school and have pushed towards agnosticism.

Talibangelical Christians and the Radical Islamists have pushed me heavily towards atheism over the past year though. Conservative religions like these breed way too many wackadoos. And it only gets 10x worse when these Conservative religious sects start clashing with each other.

The problem is that specially on american forums people can't seem to find a middle line in there reasoning. It's either good or its bad there is no in between.

I grew up on a catholic school and frankly i never touched the bible in my life. The only thing we learned was the jesus story that you can see in so many movies these days basically, we got some stuff like those theater plays where we would mimic it on a smaller version for the entire school + parents once in the few years, and we would make stuff and eat specific foods at special holiday bible times and do the festivals that came with the religion + church theater plays. Nobody got brainwashed or anything.

When i was a adult, we had a christian church and a catholic church right next towards eachother, everybody would come together and sing songs the whole evening while talking with eachother. ( it's basically a massive reunion. ) with drinks and food. ( once a year )

There is zero pressure for me to be there, you either come or not. nobody cares.

Then about science, it was everywhere to be found, nothing got locked away from you. We used computers, we used library's i even did a whatever its called in english, some kind of book that you had to make and present towards teachers and your class about the big bang etc.

The thing what most stood out to me after i left it and joined different schools that where not catholic related was that there was a hell lot more respect for eachother at the catholic school then public ones and that people would help eachother way more as helping eachother was contantly teached on that school.

It was not before i became 16+ ( when you shift schools here to higher education ) and joined the internet that i heard about what racisme even was. And my class had loads of black children in the class.

Then you look at people and you get these kind of idiots on the news 24/7:

1) super conservative, everybody burns because only i'm the greatest

2) muslims: terrorist this terrorist that

3) eithist: everybody that believes are idiots, i'm the greatest and from superior intellectm yet i hate my life.

4) scientist: look planet says boom, jesus don't exist see see see. YOU SEE IT. YOUR LIFE WAS A LIE. KNOWLEDGE MY ONLY TRUTH.

The thing i learned over the years, is that everybody has a opinion, everybody got schooled differently and everybody got different parents.

The moment anybody starts to trash another person for there believes, then in my vision they are not worth paying attention towards anymore.

It's the same currently with trump.

If you voted for trump, you are a nazi !. You are hitler, you are satan, you are a idiot blablabla.

If you know somebody that is a trump supporter, you need to unfriend him, never talk to him again, or you are a nazi too !!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds a awful lot like Scientology towards me.

If a person has a different opinion about things, that's his choice. I don't agree with scientology, but if tom cruise would show up and sit randomly next towards me and asks me the time, i would be friendly towards him and threat him like the way i want to be treated.

If he would sit next towards me and i would stand up and say, sorry i'm not going to sit next towards a insane lunatic. then he will stand up and start to yell at me, because somehow i'm a rapist because some priest finds it fun to molest a bunch of kids.

See how that works.

I can go on and on about things. But in my opinion what lacks these days is respect and tolerance for people.

And this mostly happens because people do not come in touch with other religions or other costumes then what they learned themselves.

If a muslim hater would life with a bunch of muslims for a month or three he will realize how absolutely not "insane" these people are.

A good movie on this aspect is american history X. A all out nazi that hates everybody that isn't him to the bone, and then gets forced to work with the people he hate in prison to later on do a 180, because he suddently starts to realize how the world actaully spins outside of his own little bubble.

Will cut it off here.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@KHAndAnime said:

To be fair it wouldn't be to bad for America if California and New York was to become underwater areas :)

And that would also solve the problem with drought in Cali.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@KHAndAnime said:

To be fair it wouldn't be to bad for America if California and New York was to become underwater areas :)

And that would also solve the problem with drought in Cali.

Don't think that's a great thing.

California and New York have some of the strongest economies in the country, if not, the world. Not to mention that it's the hotbed for culture and wealth, which is more than I can say for the rest of the United States. It's also home to millions of people of diverse races, cultures, and political opinions.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23898 Posts

Wasnt this pope a Jesuit?

Not surprising he believes in science more than Trump... a blatant ideologue. Hell he almost certainly has a better understanding of science too.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattbbpl

@Maroxad said:

Not surprising he believes in science more than Trump... a blatant ideologue. Hell he almost certainly has a better understanding of science too.

He was.

I'm a fan of this pope.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

That's a waste of 192 pages, he'll never read them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@Maroxad said:

It's not just this Pope. Catholics learn science. Don't lump us in with your conservatives.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

It's not just this Pope. Catholics learn science. Don't lump us in with your conservatives.

Of course. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. At most I was only trying to also imply that not only does the pople believe in science, but given his jesuit background. It is very possible he is also really good at it :)

Fake Edit: Checked, knew it. He has a masters degree in chemistry and has done research in the field.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Maroxad: Isn't the current pope also a lot more humble? I mean not having gold everywhere and such.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maroxad

@horgen said:

@Maroxad: Isn't the current pope also a lot more humble? I mean not having gold everywhere and such.

The pope is pretty awesome. Even as an atheist, I have a lot more respect for him than I do of Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@horgen said:

The pope is pretty awesome. Even as an atheist, I have a lot more respect for him than I do of Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins.

Francis has zero problem getting on this knees to wash and kiss peoples feet -- as the POPE! He actually did it for Syrian refugees.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

HAHAHAHA

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mattbbpl

@ArchoNils2 said:

That's a waste of 192 pages, he'll never read them.

He was elected to lead, not to read.