Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

NBC News

WASHINGTON — Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings died Thursday after what his office described as "complications concerning longstanding health challenges." He was 68.

Cummings, D-Md., passed away around 2:30 a.m. ET at Gilchrist Hospice Care, an affiliate of Baltimore's Johns Hopkins Hospital, his office said in a brief statement.

Cummings had represented Maryland's 7th Congressional District since 1996, serving 12 terms in the House, and was at the center of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump in his role as House Oversight Committee chairman.

The congressman hadn't taken part in a roll call vote since Sept. 11, failing to return for work after a medical procedure he said would only keep him away for a week, according to The Associated Press.

Cummings last spoke on the House floor in late July before the House went on a six-week recess. For months, he had been seen moving around Capitol Hill on a motorized scooter. In 2017, he was sidelined for months following heart surgery and later told his staffers his recovery renewed his focus on the importance of his work.

NBC News

It’s a sad day for the country to lose someone that fought for what he believed in as often as he did. Maybe there can be a pause on the partisan bickering so the country and his constituents in Maryland can mourn his passing.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I didn't know he was sick. This seems very sudden and sucks.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

RIP to a legend.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

RIP

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@ad1x2 said:

NBC News

WASHINGTON — Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings died Thursday after what his office described as "complications concerning longstanding health challenges." He was 68.

Cummings, D-Md., passed away around 2:30 a.m. ET at Gilchrist Hospice Care, an affiliate of Baltimore's Johns Hopkins Hospital, his office said in a brief statement.

Cummings had represented Maryland's 7th Congressional District since 1996, serving 12 terms in the House, and was at the center of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump in his role as House Oversight Committee chairman.

The congressman hadn't taken part in a roll call vote since Sept. 11, failing to return for work after a medical procedure he said would only keep him away for a week, according to The Associated Press.

Cummings last spoke on the House floor in late July before the House went on a six-week recess. For months, he had been seen moving around Capitol Hill on a motorized scooter. In 2017, he was sidelined for months following heart surgery and later told his staffers his recovery renewed his focus on the importance of his work.

NBC News

It’s a sad day for the country to lose someone that fought for what he believed in as often as he did. Maybe there can be a pause on the partisan bickering so the country and his constituents in Maryland can mourn his passing.

RIP cummings.

But now I hope that Baltimore elects someone who actually works for them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

RIP cummings.

Wow. Can't even be decent in a thread about this.

I hope the US elects someone who actually works for them.

On topic. RIP. Didn't even know the dude was ill.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

RIP cummings.

Looking at some of the politicians from the city/district, I'm highly skeptical.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

RIP cummings.

Looking at some of the politicians from the city/district, I'm highly skeptical.

Ya, same here but hope springs eternal.

Hope though for the citizens of Baltimore that they find someone who is not corrupt and out to line their own pockets like 99% of all politicians.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I didn't like the guy at all. I respect his service though.

He died way too early. RIP.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

Ya, same here but hope springs eternal.

Hope though for the citizens of Baltimore that they find someone who is not corrupt and out to line their own pockets like 99% of all politicians.

I hope most Red States/Counties take your advice as well, since they are considerably worse off than Blue ones on average.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Thought he was older than 68. That's way too young. I respect his service to this country and am sad to hear of his passing.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

RIP cummings.