Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

Poll Warren/Sanders 2020? (40 votes)

Yes please! 40%
No please! 40%
Not sure 18%
Other 3%

I think this is the democratic dream team. Two very far left candidates that will actually get people to vote. If it were to happen, would you rather have Sanders as president and Warren as vp... or the other way around?

I say, Warren. She'll get women out to vote, while Sanders will bring in the young people. Both will get a good chance to attract blue collar workers, though Trump would still win there.

• 
TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#151 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@Dark_sageX said:
@tryit said:

lets flip this.

explain to us in detail why you feel you should not support nazis and white ethno states?

Very well:

Nazis: World War 2? duh...

Ethno States (in general, not just white): Because we are not an isolated community, we live off of trade of goods and more importantly, ideals, especially human rights, an ethno state would be very unethical and counter productive, granted I understand why Richard Spencer would propose that idea, because he and his supporters in the alt-right feel that they are being attacked for either existence and beliefs and want to opt out of it (and quite frankly, all the anti white and conservative shit that people around here write isn't helping), but doing that would mean they will lose connection with the rest of the world, they must accept that they are part of a much larger community, ideas that stem out of spite will inevitably fail.

Look at Wakanda, Christopher Lee most likely knew that something like Wakanda would be so unsustainable that he went to the extent of inventing a magical substance (vibranium) that can seemingly do anything and is an infinite amount, and even then it failed to stay an isolated ethno state, in the real world Wakanda would absolutely fail in a matter of a few years, because every country in the world has advanced as far as it did due to either trade deals or colonization (another unethical action).

Basically ethno states are immoral and economically unsound which will inevitably lead to race wars (unless ofcourse they have some magical substance that will be able to sustain their resources and population without issues...which basically doesn't and will never exist..)

Hopefully that clarifies my position.

make no mistake, no delusional misunderstanding, Richard Spencer is absolutely a white nationalist.

people who claim to support Richard Spencer and also claim to not be racist are living their lives as a lie.

now I honesly dont care if one is a racist or not, but bothers me is the liying and trolling

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Dark_sageX said:
@zaryia said:
@Dark_sageX said:

@zaryia:

• "He took credit for 3 million jobs “since the election,” even though he did not become president until almost three months later. About 2.5 million jobs have been created since Trump took the oath of office."

This is your example of a lie? that instead of 2.5 he said 3 million? so getting numbers wrong = a lie? lol and that was literally the first statement (never mind that no actual quotations was presented, instead I get paraphrases) thanks for proving to me that your garbage amounts to nothing more than confirmation bias, I'm not going to waste my time.

Yes. That is a false or misleading statement. A lie. Objectively.

There are 3001 of them. Happy hunting.

P.S. I love how you couldn't even bring up the ones I quoted. Like how he cheated on his wife and lies about climate change. Or how he denied meddling at first.

So he couldn't have just remembered it wrong?

He remembered climate change being a Chinese conspiracy wrong? lol?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@JimB said:

No we don't need higher taxes, what we need is less spending and cut the size of government.

So less military spending among other things then?

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#154  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@zaryia said:
@Dark_sageX said:

@zaryia:

• "He took credit for 3 million jobs “since the election,” even though he did not become president until almost three months later. About 2.5 million jobs have been created since Trump took the oath of office."

This is your example of a lie? that instead of 2.5 he said 3 million? so getting numbers wrong = a lie? lol and that was literally the first statement (never mind that no actual quotations was presented, instead I get paraphrases) thanks for proving to me that your garbage amounts to nothing more than confirmation bias, I'm not going to waste my time.

P.S. I love how you couldn't even bring up the ones I quoted. Like how he cheated on his wife and lies about climate change. Or how he denied meddling at first.

I'm talking about his jobs claims, don't you think its possible he got the numbers wrong? and try to stick to THIS single subject, I don't want to waste my time possibly debunking all the links you claimed (because so far you haven't really given me much confidence..)

@tryit said:

make no mistake, no delusional misunderstanding, Richard Spencer is absolutely a white nationalist.

I never denied that but OK.

people who claim to support Richard Spencer and also claim to not be racist are living their lives as a lie.

now I honesly dont care if one is a racist or not, but bothers me is the liying and trolling

Oh great, we are going with leftist definition of racism now, basically once you decide someone is racist they are racist and if they say object that makes them a liar, oh boy, I can already tell this is going to be a waste of my time...If you think Richard Spencer is racist then give me a quote that he said that was racist.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 TryIt
@Dark_sageX said:
@zaryia said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@zaryia said:
@Dark_sageX said:

@zaryia:

I'm talking about his jobs claims, don't you think its possible he got the numbers wrong? and try to stick to THIS single subject, I don't want to waste my time possibly debunking all the links you claimed (because so far you haven't really given me much confidence..)

@tryit said:

I never denied that but OK.

Oh great, we are going with leftist definition of racism now, basically once you decide someone is racist they are racist and if they say object that makes them a liar, oh boy, I can already tell this is going to be a waste of my time...If you think Richard Spencer is racist then give me a quote that he said that was racist.

I am not getting sucked into a stupid debate over what is or is not racist and who is or is not racist.

I know I tipped my toes in it but I really dont care, I care about policy, what is DONE..not what one BELIEVES.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#156 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@theone86 said:

Ugh, no. Talk about holding my nose while voting, I'd still get a nice whiff of the stench. Personally, I hope Kristen Gillibrand gets the nomination. She's a serious progressive who's also thoughtful, measured, and able to work to win votes and backing for her legislation. I wouldn't be opposed to Kamala Harris either. I remember reading some articles about her a while back and thinking I disliked her, but I forgot what those articles were even about much less what I disliked. At any rate, she's more pragmatic and intelligent than either Warren or Bernie. Warren/Sanders would still be better than Trump/Pence, but that's like saying eating a raw turnip is better than eating a shit sandwich.

@judaspete said:

I personally want to see Elizabeth Warren be president, but think she comes off as too much of an intellectual for much of the country. Bernie has a better shot at winning.

Intellectual? Hardly. In fact, I see both her and Bernie as unapologetically nonintellectual. My biggest problem with both of them is that they run their mouths nonstop about their own issues, but whenever someone brings up a serious objection to their position they refuse to admit they're wrong at best and start smearing the people questioning them at worst. I don't think either of them is going to risk coming off as too intellectual, they'll be too busy seeing who can shout louder.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Corey Booker is also considering a run and I think he is fairly pragamatic as well. He cosponsored a bill with Rand Paul on lessening criminal sentences(drug related crimes) that I thought was a great first step. And a shit sandwich is still preferrable to 4 years of Trump/Pence. Lol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Dark_sageX said:I don't want to waste my time possibly debunking all the links you claimed (because so far you haven't really given me much confidence..)

You haven't debunked a single one of the 3001 false or misleading statements I properly cited, or more importantly the more egregious examples I gave in the initial proof post. You would have to debunk at least 3000 of them to not be a blazing hypocrite.

You said you hated Warren due to 1 unconfirmed lie. Yet you are fine with Trump telling 3001 lie, many of which are far worse and all confirmed.

Provide citation for each of my 3001 claims being wrong. Thank you.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@horgen said:
@JimB said:

No we don't need higher taxes, what we need is less spending and cut the size of government.

No, the military is the only department that is the responsibility of the federal government addressed in the U.S. Constitution.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 TryIt
@JimB said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:

No, the military is the only department that is the responsibility of the federal government addressed in the U.S. Constitution.

what the F does that have to do with his quesiton, not a damn thing

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 horgen  Moderator

@Dark_sageX said:

Would you say that someone who has the same ideologies as the Nazis (and yes calling themselves that) could be a good person?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By JimB

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:

If you are talking to me it has everything to do with it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 TryIt
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:

yes i was talking to you, the hint was the reply quote...

your fact is not related to HOW MUCH money we should spend on it.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 JimB

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@horgen said:

Of all the Departments the Department of Defense should get the most. In fact some departments should be eliminated for being utter failures, such as the Department of Education, the DEA and the Department of Energy, to name a few.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 TryIt
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:

Of all the Departments the Department of Defense should get the most. In fact some departments should be eliminated for being utter failures, such as the Department of Education, the DEA and the Department of Energy, to name a few.

that might all be true, but that view is not dependent on what you said earlier.

'the military is the only department that is the responsibility' does NOT suggest how much money should be spent on it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 horgen  Moderator

@JimB said:

So no reform needed in it?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 JimB

@horgen said:
@JimB said:

No, since its inception education in the US has been falling steadily.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@JimB said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:

That would mean reform is needed. smh......

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

I'm with you on that one.

Wait, JimB wants a nation full of stupid people. Or should I just say full of ignorant and uneducated people?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Wait, JimB wants a nation full of stupid people. Or should I just say full of ignorant and uneducated people?

Well trump WAS elected.......

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Yeah, but lost the popular vote.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well true it means we have some states that aren't quit as politically educated as others and our flawed EC system weights their votes as more important.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#172 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

In 20 states out of 50.

in 30 he won it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

In 20 states out of 50.

in 30 he won it.

see this is why I can never tell if you are joking of not.

he is not saying 'he didnt win the election' he is saying 'he didnt win the popular vote' and that is true. two DIFFERENT assertions

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

In 20 states out of 50.

in 30 he won it.

Did I say anything that contradicts your statement? If I did, please let me know. Quote the post where I did so.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well true it means we have some states that aren't quit as politically educated as others and our flawed EC system weights their votes as more important.

They just had more illegal voters.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 JimB

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

I want educated people that are not being educated in our education system. The educational system is more concerned teaching social issues than basic education. Educators are like doctors who bury their mistakes educators just graduate them and it shows when you meet them in everyday interaction.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 horgen  Moderator

@JimB said:

I want educated people that are not being educated in our education system. The educational system is more concerned teaching social issues than basic education. Educators are like doctors who bury their mistakes educators just graduate them and it shows when you meet them in everyday interaction.

Remember that parents still are responsible for teaching their kid a lot as well. And removing the department of education would not help at all.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@JimB said:

Remember that parents still are responsible for teaching their kid a lot as well. And removing the department of education would not help at all.

That is funny Horgen.

Parents actually raising their kids LOL.

Kids today are raised by Youtube where they taught that being a prick is ok and cool.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

This is why it's said trump's base is uneducated.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:

That is funny Horgen.

Kids today are raised by Youtube where they taught that being a prick is ok and cool.

I raise my child as do my siblings with theirs. And my co-workers and friends as well. Must just be your parents.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

This is why home schooling is growing. Parents want their children educated properly.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By TryIt

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

This is why home schooling is growing. Parents want their children educated properly.

i have been told (but I dont know if its actually true or not) that education in Russia is better than here, but using profanity is against the law which sucks

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Reading your last post makes me think your parents failed. There is ZERO proof of illegal votes being a concern. Meanwhile you defend Russian interference. Sad.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Reading your last post makes me think your parents failed. There is ZERO proof of illegal votes being a concern. Meanwhile you defend Russian interference. Sad.

And here i thought you claimed that "intelligent people" could see the writing on the wall without a guilty verdict.

When Obama even advocates for illegals to vote, California and other safe heavens only require a driving license to register, a license that is given out to illegals. Can you put 2 and 2 together ?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

And here i thought you claimed that "intelligent people" could see the writing on the wall without a guilty verdict.

When Obama even advocates for illegals to vote, California and other safe heavens only require a driving license to register, a license that is given out to illegals. Can you put 2 and 2 together ?

Ignoring facts doesn't make you look intelligent........

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Wow, you actually admit you are ignoring facts. Good on you that you have come to terms with your own flaws.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

When didn't he?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Three million voted in California in the last election.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Lies

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Lies

Keep deluding yourself.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Lies

Keep deluding yourself.

That has been investigated ad naseum and there is zero proof of your stance. On the other hand after reading most of your posts here I can clearly see facts are not important to you. Propaganda however is.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:

That is funny Horgen.

A lot of your day to day interactions with people have more to do with how their parents raised them. Not if they got A on their physics exam.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:

That is funny Horgen.

A lot of your day to day interactions with people have more to do with how their parents raised them. Not if they got A on their physics exam.

School is much more than what you get on an exam.

The problem today is the culture around kids, today you get a participation trophy, you don´t even keep score publically in some football games because the losing team are not allowed to feel bad about being behind.

No wonder kids grow up to be wild and long into adulthood have to learn how the real world works.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:

That is funny Horgen.

School is much more than what you get on an exam.

The problem today is the culture around kids, today you get a participation trophy, you don´t even keep score publically in some football games because the losing team are not allowed to feel bad about being behind.

No wonder kids grow up to be wild and long into adulthood have to learn how the real world works.

football is not education.

competition < corrporation

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Jacanuk

@tryit said:

Sports is actually a education.

It not only teaches you a skill in form of fitness by physical activity, it also teaches you winning and losing. And that if you want something you need to work hard to get it.

If someone gets sad that they are second or comes last in a race, we should not remove the race, but let them be sad and learn from it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

Just to point out the irony..........it's AN education.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#198 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

@JimB said:
@judaspete said:
@horgen said:
@JimB said:
@judaspete said:

I personally want to see Elizabeth Warren be president, but think she comes off as too much of an intellectual for much of the country. Bernie has a better shot at winning.

Venezuela? Okay. I want to see America become a little more like Denmark, Norway, Germany, England or really any other first world country. We already have socialized military, police, fire, water, and infrastructure, and I want to add health insurance to that list like the rest of the first world. Profit motive just doesn't quite line up with public interest in these areas.

You should compare the tax rate of the United States against the countries you mentioned. Our personal tax rate is 37% 0 Federal sales tax =37%. Norway Personal tax 38% Federal sales tax 25% = 63%, Germany Personal tax 47% federal sales tax 19 %=66% Denmark Personal tax 55.8% Federal sales tax 25% =80%. England's tax rate is very high it is to complicated to easily show. Yet with all these taxes you wnt the United States to be more like them.

Your percentage math is so on point I won't even bother to argue.

Norwegian research on the same subject led to: 2011: 42%, 2016: 38%. The same research method gives about 25% in US in 2013...

OECD research I mean.

And to answer the question, yes, I do think the United States needs higher taxes. Republicans control all branches of the Federal Government right now, and they still can't seem to cut spending. At some point we need to start paying for the government we have, not the government we'd like to have in the future.

They need to cut spending, or increase taxes, or both. The "party of fiscal responsibility" can't seem to cut spending while in control of all branches of government. My point is, if they can't pull that off then the only other option is to increase revenue. What they should do is a little of both, but it just doesn't seem to be politically realistic.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

It not only teaches you a skill in form of fitness by physical activity, it also teaches you winning and losing. And that if you want something you need to work hard to get it.

If someone gets sad that they are second or comes last in a race, we should not remove the race, but let them be sad and learn from it.

taking a shit is also an education.

but we dont need a full class for it.

sports doesnt belong in school. if you want to form teams outside of school have at it.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Wouldn't it be better to find someone suitable that can work with both parties?, someone with a middle stance on the political spectrum rather then just candidates that will shun the opposite political party which is a norm in US politics?