Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: 1. No, her stance on reparations, free healthcare for illegals and open boarders are not popular at all.

2. National opinion polls don't pick the next president. The far left hivemind in California may boost her Public opinion polls but it won't win her the election.

1. And Trump has even more nutty ideas. Like his stance on climate change so far, his hated trade war, how he has handled healthcare, or his wall, etc.

2. Yes but that's what we were discussing, opinions. He said they are "all bad", I guess Trump is just worse than "bad" according to most Americans? Also CA is part of USA, so I do not care for that odd logic. More Americans is more Americans.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@zaryia:

1. That's an opinion. Do you have proof Trumps ideas are less popular then Warren's? For an example is a Wall less popular then open boarders? Or Warren's handling of healthcare ( ie: for illegal immigrants) less popular then Trumps methods?

2. Well you hold onto national opinion polls. It's a good thing that people that live in the worse state in the country by most objective measures won't be solely responsible for picking our President.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia:

1. That's an opinion. Do you have proof Trumps ideas are less popular then Warren's? For an example is a Wall less popular then open boarders? Or Warren's handling of healthcare ( ie: for illegal immigrants) less popular then Trumps methods?

Not sure. I just know Trump has several more unpopular ideas I can list, hence Warren beating him in all the polls.

@r-gamer said:

2. Well you hold onto national opinion polls. It's a good thing that people that live in the worse state in the country by most objective measures won't be solely responsible for picking our President.

Yes. I will hold on to national opinion in an argument about opinion. He said they were all bad, but Americans prefer them over Trump at the moment.

Sadly instead we have people who live in a majority of the worst off states by any objective measure (HDI) who ARE solely responsible for that. For some reason the votes of the people in these trash states count more than other states.

That's how we end up with policy that has 90% American support such as Universal Background checks not being able to go through.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#54 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

That's good. Biden has proven that he is not the best candidate. Time for him to throw in the towel. I sometimes wonder if he was pushed to run, and doesn't really want to.

@horgen said:
@r-gamer said:

Trump will eat her alive.

In telling most lies?

I think he means literally.

Why on earth would Biden throw in the towel?

Warren is leading in most polls but it´s not by much and it´s within the normal error margin?

But it will be interesting Warren still has a lot hanging over her especially the whole Native American lie.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia:

1. Again how did that work out last time?

2. You keep saying this thread is about opinion polls? It's about who is the Democratic frontrunner ( IE) who will win the election. The polls are to help determine who will win the election. Will see what her chances are once the cringe inducing pandering begins during the debates. I don't see many people buying it outside of the radical left.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia:

1. Again how did that work out last time?

2. You keep saying this thread is about opinion polls? It's about who is the Democratic frontrunner ( IE) who will win the election. The polls are to help determine who will win the election. Will see what her chances are once the cringe inducing pandering begins during the debates. I don't see many people buying it outside of the radical left.

1. I'm just telling you public opinion.

2. This thread isn't about public opinion. The post I quoted was an opinion. I Just wanted to let him know if he thought all the Dem candidates are bad, then Americans think Trump is worse (on average). Keep up with quote chains.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

But it will be interesting Warren still has a lot hanging over her especially the whole Native American lie.

Huh, a lot? What?

Isn't it pretty much just that one nothing-burger gaff? Kind of laughable compared to her potential rival (Trump).

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Isn't it pretty much just that one nothing-burger gaff? Kind of laughable compared to her potential rival (Trump).

Yeah I don't see how her mistake about her heritage is a big deal. A lot of people rely on hints about their ethnicity. And if a serial liar and sexual predator can get elected then I don't see how that should even be mentioned.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Huh, a lot? What?

Well, that is just the major one considering the year we are in. There is also in addition to that the issues with her using her non-minority lie to get into uni and also using it to advance her career.

But I doubt she will beat Biden once it´s a race between those 2.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

There is also in addition to that the issues with her using her non-minority lie to get into uni and also using it to advance her career.

That didn't happen, it was already investigated.

Ethnicity not a factor in Elizabeth Warren’s rise in law

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/09/01/did-claiming-native-american-heritage-actually-help-elizabeth-warren-get-ahead-but-complicated/wUZZcrKKEOUv5Spnb7IO0K/story.html

Like I said, it's literally that one native american gaff since her parents exaggerated about a family folklore. Extremely tame for a major candidate as far as scandals go.

Still a nothing-burger compared to Trump scandals.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

There is also in addition to that the issues with her using her non-minority lie to get into uni and also using it to advance her career.

That didn't happen, it was already investigated.

Ethnicity not a factor in Elizabeth Warren’s rise in law

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/09/01/did-claiming-native-american-heritage-actually-help-elizabeth-warren-get-ahead-but-complicated/wUZZcrKKEOUv5Spnb7IO0K/story.html

Like I said, it's literally that one native american gaff since her parents exaggerated about a family folklore. Extremely tame for a major candidate as far as scandals go.

Still a nothing-burger compared to Trump scandals.

Well, that is your opinion

But considering the times, the left side will not come out smelling like roses if they let this pass with "no comment" considering all the PC nonsense coming out that is made into crazy big things.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By R-Gamer

@judaspete: The reason people are harping on the pocahontas thing is because it's a big deal. It's another perfect example of why I myself and many others on the right would never give Warren a chance. Same thing with Beto as soon as I see a white liberal Express guilt for being born white I instantly lose all interest in what they have to say. They become a joke to me after that and I think alot of people that are on the right or in even in the center share my point of view.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LJS9502_basic

@r-gamer said:

@judaspete: The reason people are harping on the pocahontas thing is because it's a big deal. It's another perfect example of why I myself and many others on the right would never give Warren a chance. Same thing with Beto as soon as I see a white liberal Express guilt for being born white I instantly lose all interest in what they have to say. They become a joke to me after that and I think alot of people that are on the right or in even in the center share my point of view.

You people on the right aren't going to give anyone a chance that isn't on the right and you will excuse any behavior done by the right and pick on the most mundane issues for others. It's NOT a big deal.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@judaspete: The reason people are harping on the pocahontas thing is because it's a big deal.

It's a nothing burger.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R-Gamer

@LJS9502_basic: Its not a big deal to you because that pandering actually appeals to you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic: Its not a big deal to you because that pandering actually appeals to you.

Overstating her identity because her parents exaggerating a folkstory is one of the biggest nothing burger scandals I've seen for a major candidate and I don't even want her as the Dem Candidate.

You're really pushing for something that isn't going to be a thing and is already forgotten due to how nothingburger it is. I mean this is a joke, and it's literally only 1 thing. Trump has countless, and all far worse.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By R-Gamer

@joebones5000: It was because it was an absolute lie. And yes lying about it is a big deal to me. And you want to talk about reason vs emotion? The left thrives on nothing more then emotion. I'm sorry but a 70% tax bracket? Unless you're dirt poor there is no reason to vote for Warren.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts
@r-gamer said:

The reason people are harping on the pocahontas thing is because it's a big deal.

The reason people are harping on the pocahontas thing is because they're idiots with no actual dirt on her worth a shit, and they're pathetic and desperate for anything to cling to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@joebones5000: It was because it was an absolute lie. And yes lying about it is a big deal to me.

Lying is a big deal to you? And you're a Trump Supporter?

So you're admitting to being a blatant hypocrite, or lying only matters to you when "they" do it?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By R-Gamer

@Nuck81: Lying about her heritage. She has so much white guilt( like many white liberals) she wanted to believe she was native American. To me that's just beyond pathetic.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

That's a rationalization if I ever heard one.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Vaasman
@r-gamer said:

@Nuck81: Lying about her heritage.

Okay so did you stop supporting Trump after he claimed his father was born in Germany, multiple times?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/03/trump-claims-father-born-germany-false-fred-trump

“My father is German, was German, born in a very wonderful place in Germany so I have a very great feeling for Germany.”

(Fred Trump was born in New York)

Somehow it's a huge deal for the folks you don't like, and you don't give a single shit when it's the guy you do. How convenient.

And not to mention she didn't really lie. Her heritage is distant but present in the released DNA test. Furthermore, she has never run on a platform of being Native American anyway, so this is transparently a shameless, desperate grab at someone with a clean record. While the other guy is openly committing crimes in office and trying to normalize them.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By R-Gamer

@Vaasman: She lied about it on the bar exam registration for **** sakes. And at least Trumps dad is of German heritage. It's not just the fact she lied it's the fact that she do desperately wants to be anything but white. I'm tired of white guilt liberals apologizing and shaming and entire group of people. It's pathetic and weak and the people that support her are the same.

Keep in mind I don't love Trump by any means. But hes still far better then anyone I've seen on the left. And I'd hate to tell you but EW is a crook too. Shes spent most of her life being a law professor and a politician and shes worth 12 million. Hmmm how does that happen?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@Nuck81: Lying about her heritage. She has so much white guilt( like many white liberals) she wanted to believe she was native American. To me that's just beyond pathetic.

You must be having a meltdown with all the people out there with shamrock tattoos that aren't 100% Irish.

How do you make it through the day?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman:

And I'd hate to tell you but EW is a crook too. Shes spent most of her life being a law professor and a politician and shes worth 12 million. Hmmm how does that happen?

Dude, seriously?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 R-Gamer

@drlostrib: Yes seriously. Almost all major politicians are multi millionaires and many were in professions where that wealth is unattainable. So you honestly think they haven't used their political influence to get rich?

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

EW claiming NA as part of her ancestry was a shitty thing to do, but Trump has lowered the bar so fucking much that this has become a complete non-issue.

Does it suck that she did it? Sure, but at least she didn't brag about committing a sexual assault into a hot mic. Trying to dig up shit on her past isn't going to get anything worthwhile.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@drlostrib: Yes seriously. Almost all major politicians are multi millionaires and many were in professions where that wealth is unattainable. So you honestly think they haven't used their political influence to get rich?

I think that is the combined net worth of her and her husband, and she's only been a senator since 2013. And she was a tenured ivy league professor, considered an expert in her field. So she made a decent amount of money and she was paid for legal consultation, and she's authored a number of books. It really should not seem that crazy

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

I'm sorry but a 70% tax bracket?

Are you talking about the 70% tax rate on the rich? We have had that in the past. Also such a plan polls extremely high.

IF that is what you are discussing. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

@r-gamer said:

And yes lying about it is a big deal to me.

So you hate Trump more than anyone? He lies exponentially more and about considerably worse things....

@r-gamer said:

And I'd hate to tell you but EW is a crook too. Shes spent most of her life being a law professor and a politician and shes worth 12 million. Hmmm how does that happen?

Do you have a source for this conspiracy?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: She lied about it on the bar exam registration for **** sakes.

She didn't intentionally lie, her parents or whatever exaggerated tall tales about her heritage. She never used this "lie" to get ahead. This is well documented.

Look I don't even want her to be the front-runner, but you're going to have to concede there isn't much dirt on her. This is really nothing. Even Bernie has more skeletons.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: She lied about it on the bar exam registration for **** sakes. And at least Trumps dad is of Gernan heritage. It's not just the fact she lied it's the fact that she do desperately wants to be anything but white. I'm tired of white guilt liberals apologizing and shaming and entire group of people. It's pathetic and weak and the people that support her are the same.

Keep in mind I don't love Trump by any means. But hes still far better then anyone I've seen on the left. And I'd hate to tell you but EW is a crook too. Shes spent most of her life being a law professor and a politician and shes worth 12 million. Hmmm how does that happen?

I agree with you about the bolded. I'm an independent, and am sick and tired of being told that I should be ashamed of being white, and I'm not nor ever will be. But can you cite anything that Warren has explicitly expressed, whether it be a statement or action, evidencing such?

People take pride in their heritage all the time, even in minuscule amounts, and Warren was tested which proved she held a sliver of Native American ancestry stemming from 6-10 generations ago. Aside pride, is it even wrong to leverage that ancestry to personal gain? I'm 1/32nd Hawaiian (from an ancestor that trails back to the Monarchy), and in Hawaii, I'd qualify for enrollment in certain schools, very privileged ones, that are only open to those who can prove native blood. Yet I'm white as ****.

Seems to me you're projecting your hatred of the Left's anti-white agenda onto the motivations of a candidate, simply because they're ideologically opposed to your chosen one. On what basis can you claim her "lie" to be driven by white hatred instead of native pride?

Furthermore, it's rich that anyone who supports Donald Trump can ever speak about lying to anyone else ever again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#83 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I'd prefer anybody over trump, but I'd rather not have Warren who wants to burn the system down and will likely destroy this country.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Zaryia
@sonicare said:

I'd prefer anybody over trump, but I'd rather not have Warren who wants to burn the system down and will likely destroy this country.

How would she destroy the country? That's usually Republicans if you are talking about the Economy. Then the Dem has to fix their mess. That is the cycle for the last 70 or so years.

But hey you could be correct, just show me how you came to that conclusion with some evidence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#85 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

How would she destroy the country? That's usually Republicans if you are talking about the Economy. Then the Dem has to fix their mess. That is the cycle for the last 70 or so years.

But hey you could be correct, just show me how you came to that conclusion with some evidence.

Republicans are terrible for the economy. Trump's tax cuts are an example of that. But Warren is anti Obama, and anti moderate democrat. She's incredibly anticapitalist. despite it's issues, the US is one of the few, perhaps only country, who's market and economy has shown incredible growth. Any prolonged time period, if you invest in the US market, you'd do well. Despite Great Depression, Great Recession, Dot com bust, etc., you;d have made out. She will destroy that. It's her goal in life.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Vaasman
@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: She lied about it on the bar exam registration for **** sakes. And at least Trumps dad is of Gernan heritage. It's not just the fact she lied it's the fact that she do desperately wants to be anything but white.

More nonsense lol. Like I said, it's okay when Trump lies, not okay when the other guy does. When he lies about heritage you conveniently hand wave or stretch the goal posts. She has the ancestry in her DNA record, and has apologized multiple times to Native American tribes regardless, meaning she doesn't "desperately want to be anything but white." The only reason it ever even came up in her original campaign, was because of a Harvard diversity push that she never contributed to.

And lol at your ridiculous net worth conspiracy. She's a married, doctorate educated senator making 6 figures a year for at least 8 years, and it's somehow impossible she could be worth a few million? Anyone with a few solid investments and a 6 figure job could easily be worth a few million. I can attest to this because my parents are. With one retired and the other a CFO at a small company making around 100k a year, they still make that because of solid business investments earlier in their life.

Like I said, just empty, pathetic attempts to disparage a clean record.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By R-Gamer

@Vaasman: God you truly are delusional. She rode the native American heritage thing till it blew up in her face and she looked like a moron. Pair that with her constant talk about repreations and inequality which would have been relevant 50 years ago and it's pathetic.

Buh buh teh solid investments! Lmao, Yes you can spend your life with a 6 figure income and end up with a few million dollars. My parents did the same. And it's much easier to do when you're a politician to turn 6 figures a year into 12 million.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: God you truly are delusional. She rode the native American heritage thing till it blew up in her face and she looked like a moron.

She didn't use it for personal gain according to the largest investigations done on this.

It's a simple family gaff. Her parents exaggerated family folklore. Absolute nothingness.

She pretty much has some of the least scandals I've seen since Candidate Obama. Maybe less.

Compare that to Trump, probably the most scandals.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LJS9502_basic

@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: God you truly are delusional. She rode the native American heritage thing till it blew up in her face and she looked like a moron. Pair that with her constant talk about repreations and inequality which would have been relevant 50 years ago and it's pathetic.

Buh buh teh solid investments! Lmao, Yes you can spend your life with a 6 figure income and end up with a few million dollars. My parents did the same. And it's much easier to do when you're a politician to turn 6 figures a year into 12 million.

Turn off the right talking points and do some damn research. You're objectively wrong.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@sonicare said:
@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

Republicans are terrible for the economy. Trump's tax cuts are an example of that. But Warren is anti Obama, and anti moderate democrat. She's incredibly anticapitalist. despite it's issues, the US is one of the few, perhaps only country, who's market and economy has shown incredible growth. Any prolonged time period, if you invest in the US market, you'd do well. Despite Great Depression, Great Recession, Dot com bust, etc., you;d have made out. She will destroy that. It's her goal in life.

Please provide support for the bolded statements, particularly the first.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 R-Gamer

@LJS9502_basic: I've done plenty of research. And yes I'm correct. Her pandering is cringe inducing and I expect you and the rest of the lefties here at gamespot are eating it up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LJS9502_basic

@r-gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic: I've done plenty of research. And yes I'm correct. Her pandering is cringe inducing and I expect you and the rest of the lefties here at gamespot are eating it up.

I don't worship politicians...…….and the fact the right eats up criminal and hateful behavior is a sad commentary of his base.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By R-Gamer

@LJS9502_basic: I don't think alot of them eat it up. I certainly don't I just don't think there are any better alternatives.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

@r-gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic: I don't think alot if them eat it up. I certainly don't I just don't think there are any better alternatives.

Anyone is better than trump. Hell I'd take GWB back and I wasn't impressed with him.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By R-Gamer

@LJS9502_basic: Yea I'm more focused on policies. Medicare for all, free college, repreations, decriminalization of illegal immigration.... sorry but I don't want to pay the majority of my income for government services. So no we can get far worse then Trump.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Vaasman
@r-gamer said:

Yes it must be me who's delusional while you're engaging in hypocrisy, continuously shifting goalposts, and basically just making things up to fit a conspiratorial narrative when it's far more plausible she just did well for herself. She never "rode on heritage," she has an exceptional academic record and career beyond that. Keep spewing your alt-right Russian farm kool-aid though, it's crazy but slightly amusing.

By the by, in case you aren't aware, her discussion of inequality is about finances, and it's completely valid since income inequality is at the highest point since the census started recording it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LJS9502_basic

@r-gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic: Yea I'm more focused on policies. Medicare for all, free college, repreations, decriminalization of illegal immigration.... sorry but I don't want to pay the majority of my income for government services. So no we can get far worse then Trump.

Conservative fear talking points...….

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 R-Gamer

@LJS9502_basic: They are Elizabeth Warren talking points as well.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 R-Gamer

@Vaasman: Please don't flap your mouth about conspiracy. That's literally all you talk about. From the concentration camps, to the supposed massive threat of white nationalism, to the impending doom coming from climate change. You guys thrive on fear and conspiracy theories, it's all you have.

And no its not just about finances it's Identity politics. That somehow the poor

" people of color"( a ridiculous term the left came up )with are somehow disenfranchised and need more legislation to help them.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 R-Gamer

@Vaasman: Please don't flap your mouth about conspiracy. That's literally all you talk about. From the concentration camps, to the supposed massive threat of white nationalism, to the impending doom coming from climate change. You guys thrive on fear and conspiracy theories, it's all you have.

And no its not just about finances it's Identity politics. That somehow the poor

" people of color"( a ridiculous term the left came up ) are somehow disenfranchised and need more legislation to help them.