Virtual debate announced for Biden V Trump round 2, Donald chickens out.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#201 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Wrong - I'm the only one who actually posts facts.

Where's the spin here: Both sides agreed to a debate including the terms and date. Trump never disagreed. Biden backed out and wanted the rules changed. Trump would have been there. Biden said he wasn't going. Trump agreed to push back both debates a week so Joe wasn't scared and couldn't make anymore excuses. Biden said no. Cut and dry.

2. Good for you. Just work on the second part now.

You are actually not posting facts. trump pulled out because he couldn't control the situation.

That's like saying if you agree to buy a house on a mortgage and agreed upon $600/month in payments and the bank unilaterally decides you'll pay $750, and blaming the person with the mortgage for not being able to pay it. In fact, if this went to law a judge would find the bank broke that contract. You're just using an irrational argument to try to blame everything on Trump. The rules were agreed upon, and the debate commission, to aid Joe, broke that agreement.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#202 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

Your post is just name-calling and blatant lack of facts.

The terms need to be agreed on. You can't just change when things don't go your way, even if the democratic party tells you otherwise.

The terms were agreed upon, yet Trump didn't follow them with the first debate (as Zaryia rightly noted), hence they were changed. That's no one else's fault but Trump's. The facts are these:

1) had Trump not continually interrupted and turned the first debate into a fiasco the PDC would've not demanded changes (this was prior to Trump becoming infected), and...

2) had Trump been responsible and taken steps to avoid becoming infected instead of flagrantly flouting precautionary measures towards the pandemic, I doubt it would've been proposed to be virtual at all. Which Trump still would've refused, because they more than likely would've introduced measures to mitigate the ability to interrupt.....the entire, and only, reason Trump declined.

I don't understand why this is so difficult to grasp. Trump is the one who initially broke the rules, then cried foul when he faced the consequences of doing so. Nice projection trying to claim otherwise, but believe what you want. As I've said to another, the optics of this reflect much more poorly on Trump, and by the looks of it, Biden isn't the one that needs these debates.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Where's the spin here: Both sides agreed to a debate including the terms and date. Trump never disagreed. Biden backed out and wanted the rules changed. Trump would have been there. Biden said he wasn't going. Trump agreed to push back both debates a week so Joe wasn't scared and couldn't make anymore excuses. Biden said no. Cut and dry.

You are actually not posting facts. trump pulled out because he couldn't control the situation.

That's like saying if you agree to buy a house on a mortgage and agreed upon $600/month in payments and the bank unilaterally decides you'll pay $750, and blaming the person with the mortgage for not being able to pay it. In fact, if this went to law a judge would find the bank broke that contract. You're just using an irrational argument to try to blame everything on Trump. The rules were agreed upon, and the debate commission, to aid Joe, broke that agreement.

In your example trump would be the bank.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

No, Trump isn't the one who changed the rules. You can't possibly have this much of a hard time figuring that out. Is it even possible for you to have an independent thought?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Trump shouldn't have chickened out, he needed the debate very very bad after his obliteration in the first one.

Then again maybe that is is why he was so scared, a repeat.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No, Trump isn't the one who changed the rules. You can't possibly have this much of a hard time figuring that out. Is it even possible for you to have an independent thought?

Yes he did. He did not follow the rules his campaign agreed with for the first debate. He IS the bank in your example. Full stop.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Watch_My_6
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

People in this thread are sad, angry little men.

No one is denying that Trump interrupted a lot during the first debate. That has ZERO CONNECTION, ZERO NONE NOT A SINGLE LITTLE BIT to why the debate went virtual. Stop comparing them. Stop bringing it up. It's irrelevant to this thread.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By MirkoS77

@Watch_My_6 said:

People in this thread are sad, angry little men.

No one is denying that Trump interrupted a lot during the first debate. That has ZERO CONNECTION, ZERO NONE NOT A SINGLE LITTLE BIT to why the debate went virtual. Stop comparing them. Stop bringing it up. It's irrelevant to this thread.

The only sad angry little men and Trump and his sycophants. And yes, it's absolutely relevant.

The PDC is using COVID and the remote venue as a pretense for new measures they announced they were going to enforce. They killed two birds with one stone: they isolated Trump's illness, and as a byproduct, introduced a format that allows for the mic to be controlled by necessity. A measure that would bring the debate into more civil discourse. And something that Trump, the predictable little bitch he is, refused to do.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Eoten

Actually, all the debate commission did was delegitimize themselves. Trump and Biden should just let Joe Rogan moderate one.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Watch_My_6

Hey, look at that. Trump showed up under the new debate rules. Which proved, without doubt, that it was NOT the rules but the virtual format that he did not agree to.

Imagine creating so much spin and lying your ass off for over a week. Creating baseless comments and fake facts and then being proven wrong just days later.

@MirkoS77 You can leave your apology in this thread or PM me. UP TO YOU.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:

Hey, look at that. Trump showed up under the new debate rules. Which proved, without doubt, that it was NOT the rules but the virtual format that he did not agree to.

Imagine creating so much spin and lying your ass off for over a week. Creating baseless comments and fake facts and then being proven wrong just days later.

It would have looked worse if he skipped another one............

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Watch_My_6

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Lmao - riiiiiiight. More excuses. More excuses. More spin. More spin. He has never ducked a debate. Hell, he wanted to do more than the three. He asked to have the second one pushed back.

Not afraid of debates - just the cheaters. For good reason too. Fool me once, well... you know the rest.

I can tell when you are upset. You put more periods on your ellipses. LMAO - this post must have really rattled your cage.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Lmao - riiiiiiight. More excuses. More excuses. More spin. More spin. He has never ducked a debate. Hell, he wanted to do more than the three. He asked to have the second one pushed back.

Not afraid of debates - just the cheaters. For good reason too. Fool me once, well... you know the rest.

I can tell when you are upset. You put more periods on your ellipses. LMAO - this post must have really rattled your cage.

I don't think the word excuse means what you think it means.

Also not upset.............

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Watch_My_6

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Only attacks me and not the argument.

10+ plus periods.

Take a break before you have a stroke.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By MirkoS77

@Watch_My_6: Sigh. Why are you so obtuse? This isn’t difficult.

It was absolutely the rules about the mic that Trump objected to, and evidence is staring you directly in the face. Would you like me to post the relevant paragraph from his letter to the Commission that specifically took umbrage at muting the mic? Or the interview clip again? No, I’d imagine not as they very easily disprove your delusional narrative that the rules had absolutely nothing to do with his refusal and that it was exclusively the venue at issue. It was the venue that enforced the rules, that’s why he bitched like the infant he is. I mean seriously....you have it straight from the horse’s mouth, in both a Fox News interview and letter to the PDC which explicitly makes note of his reasoning, twice, and you STILL have the gall to be arrogant enough to demand an apology and toss shit LJS’s and my way? 😂🤣😂 Sorry, some of us don’t operate in a universe of alternative facts and won’t apologize for not abiding them.

Muting the mic also applied only to the initial opening, not the entirety of the exchange, another fact you conveniently ignore in Trump’s decision to engage. I am skeptical had that not been the case (which by necessity of the virtual format, it wouldn’t have), Trump would have participated. What you are seeing in Trump’s agreement to do this debate is a child begrudgingly complying to terms he has repeatedly vented grievance at, because 1) it’s somewhat of a compromise that the muting would only be for the initial, and 2) he knows he needs this much more than Biden. Despite his delusional PR victory claims about the first debate, I think deep down he knows it hurt him more than it helped.

I don’t know.....perhaps you really are a parody account as someone suggested.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Only attacks me and not the argument.

10+ plus periods.

Take a break before you have a stroke.

I did not attack you. But you misused a word. Also I have used periods that way my entire posting history here...........

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Watch_My_6

@MirkoS77 said:

@Watch_My_6: Sigh. Why are you so obtuse? This isn’t difficult.

It was absolutely the rules about the mic that Trump objected to, and evidence is staring you directly in the face. Would you like me to post the relevant paragraph from his letter to the Commission that specifically took umbrage at muting the mic? Or the interview clip again? No, I’d imagine not as they very easily disprove your delusional narrative that the rules had absolutely nothing to do with his refusal and that it was exclusively the venue at issue. It was the venue that enforced the rules, that’s why he bitched like the infant he is. I mean seriously....you have it straight from the horse’s mouth, in both a Fox News interview and letter to the PDC which explicitly makes note of his reasoning, twice, and you STILL have the gall to be arrogant enough to demand an apology and toss shit LJS’s and my way? 😂🤣😂 Sorry, some of us don’t operate in a universe of alternative facts and won’t apologize for not abiding them.

Muting the mic also applied only to the initial opening, not the entirety of the exchange, another fact you conveniently ignore in Trump’s decision to engage. I am skeptical had that not been the case (which by necessity of the virtual format, it wouldn’t have), Trump would have participated. What you are seeing in Trump’s agreement to do this debate is a child begrudgingly complying to terms he has repeatedly vented grievance at, because 1) it’s somewhat of a compromise that the muting would only be for the initial, and 2) he knows he needs this much more than Biden. Despite his delusional PR victory claims about the first debate, I think deep down he knows it hurt him more than it helped.

I don’t know.....perhaps you really are a parody account as someone suggested.

He would never have agreed to a virtual format.

Yes, post your links.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

He would never have agreed to a virtual format.

Shame, his gross mishandling of the covid epidemic is what caused it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 MirkoS77

@Watch_My_6: I don’t need to, he already did.