Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@horgen said:
@doomdizzle said:

On the ground with their knee in your back?

And arms above head or something like that? Kinda makes it difficult to reach my license.

Just wait until we get more automation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXfh4hENKs

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Quick question. Have you ever been in any situation where you are faced with a danger that may cost you your life? my guess is no since you assume that cops are all triggerhappy idiots who are just out to shoot black people.

And talk about facts , Go take a look at the crime statistic and you may see why a cop may be more concerned when pulling over certain people. Also considering how many is pulled over each single day, the cops are not really that trigger happy are they,

Absolutely. We've seen crime being disproportionately committed by certain people so it makes sense to be more alert and cautious when interacting with such people. Now I fully expect the excuses will fly but that does not negate reality.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#103  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:

@doomdizzle: Don't get me wrong, the cop is at fault and clearly lost control. But he didn't know where the gun was and for all he knew philandro was reaching for it.

Going by that, you should never let the police know you have a gun. Because you "might" be reaching for it.

Not really , if you have a gun and you tell the cop, you sit still with your hands clearly visible and let the cop guide you.

It´s not that hard and does not require a brain surgeon to figure out.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@mrbojangles25: he informed the cop that he had a gun. The cop told him to grab his license, and then shot him. The officer should have asked him to get out the car and surrender his weapon, and then checked his ccw. That's procedure, lots of people get pulled over while concealed carrying; just in this case the cop got antsy for no reason.

All the records show the victim was 100 compliant, friendly, and willing to follow instructions

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Solaryellow

@Mercenary848 said:

@mrbojangles25: he informed the cop that he had a gun. The cop told him to grab his license, and then shot him. The officer should have asked him to get out the car and surrender his weapon, and then checked his ccw. That's procedure, lots of people get pulled over while concealed carrying; just in this case the cop got antsy for no reason.

All the records show the victim was 100 compliant, friendly, and willing to follow instructions

Are you saying everywhere (in America) a CCW holder is pulled over, the cop makes the person exit the vehicle and relinquish his firearm?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Not really , if you have a gun and you tell the cop, you sit still with your hands clearly visible and let the cop guide you.

But then you have a problem if the cop asks for your license or whatever they might ask for. Because how is he supposed to determine if you are reaching for that or a gun? Especially one who is stressed or nervous.

I keep my license on my when I am driving, but if the cop wants some papers about the car, they are in the small compartment in the dashboard. If I have told the cop that I also have a gun with me, how should he be able to determine what I am actually reaching for? Hey the gun might even be in there with the papers he wants to see.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@Solaryellow said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Are you saying everywhere (in America) a CCW holder is pulled over, the cop makes the person exit the vehicle and relinquish his firearm?

Depends. Some cops are okay with CCW whereas others are outright hostile. Also, yes, sometimes an officer depending on his/her jurisdiction can ask a CCW holder to relinquish his firearm temporarily in duration of the traffic stop.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Mercenary848

@Solaryellow said:
@Mercenary848 said:

In my past experience officers asked if there were any firearms in the vehicle and if they were on the physical person ccws were checked and the officer made the person relinquish the weapon for the time being.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

But then you have a problem if the cop asks for your license or whatever they might ask for. Because how is he supposed to determine if you are reaching for that or a gun? Especially one who is stressed or nervous.

I keep my license on my when I am driving, but if the cop wants some papers about the car, they are in the small compartment in the dashboard. If I have told the cop that I also have a gun with me, how should he be able to determine what I am actually reaching for? Hey the gun might even be in there with the papers he wants to see.

I am pretty sure the cop won't ask for anything that will make him fear for his safety.

So if you tell the cop you have a gun, i am sure that he will secure that first.

And even if ask for the license , you again wait for him to tell you what to do, all you do is say where the license is.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Jacanuk

@Mercenary848 said:

Not really, he told him several times before he shot not to move. So nice try mate.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

I am pretty sure the cop won't ask for anything that will make him fear for his safety.

So if you tell the cop you have a gun, i am sure that he will secure that first.

Not always...?

It should have gone like this instead.

Loading Video...

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Mercenary848

@horgen: Lol that guy is good

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Not always...?

It should have gone like this instead.

You see a huge difference there , first he did not say i have a gun, 2nd he is not a addict and as you can see on the video he has his hands visible all the time.

So while sure we can say yes that is how it should have gone, we can´t compare the 2 situations

MisterPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 MisterPants
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@DaBrainz said:

I think we need to find some common ground that police having too much unilateral power and not being held accountable is bad for everyone. The current decisive narrative about this being only about race needs to change especially since those conveying this narrative are often bad people and it's hard for some to take sides with bad people.

Not to mention how when cops get called racists all the time, it probably makes them feel even more at odds with the public. They start treating civilians and neighbors like threats and combatants, and then we're surprised they murder people all the time. It doesn't help that we give them military equipment and tell them everybody's out to get them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

You see a huge difference there , first he did not say i have a gun, 2nd he is not a addict and as you can see on the video he has his hands visible all the time.

So while sure we can say yes that is how it should have gone, we can´t compare the 2 situations

It was meant more to brighten the mood in this otherwise depressing thread. Not as a direct comparison. :)

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Honestly, given what I seen in the video, I can see why the officer reacted the way he did. When you see enough police shooting videos with similar situation where the officer gives a command and get shot for his troubles then you can see where he's coming from. That was definitely poor judgement on the driver part (Sure, he did at least warned the officer that he had a firearm, but then he went full on stupid when he ignored the officers command of "don't reach for it then. Don't pull it out" by doing the complete opposite of what he was told while replying, based on what I heard,"I got to reach for it. I'm gonna have to pull it out". It even sound like Castile wife utter the words "Do not pull..." just prior to the shots fired, which indicates to me that he was indeed attempting reach for something)

The worse punishment for the officer I can think of would to remove him from the force (If he hasn't been already) as it appeared he also exercised poor judgement based on his testimony and also proven that his nerves aren't tough enough to do the job. If he really thought Castile was a wanted suspect then he should've told Castile from get-go the type of situation he really was in and then went from there...

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By doomdizzle

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:

@doomdizzle: Don't get me wrong, the cop is at fault and clearly lost control. But he didn't know where the gun was and for all he knew philandro was reaching for it.

Going by that, you should never let the police know you have a gun. Because you "might" be reaching for it.

Let the cop guide you so you're not executed in front of your family. Fail in anyway or if the cop is stressed out or feels a little fear and your life is gone. What a sad state of affairs

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#118  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

Let's just pretend for a second that this was routine, that any single one of us would have been shot if we had been in this exact same situation. Me in my Honda and you in your Jeep and this guy over here in his Acura: if we were all pulled over by any cop, informed him that we had a weapon on our person and a license to legally do so, and we somehow did any number of things wrong that gave a cop legal permission to shoot us dead...

...doesn't that mean we should be taking issue with the law or regulation itself? I mean we are yelling at the judge, jurors, the cop, lamenting the loss of this man, how the fiance is now alone and all that stuff but the law is still there.

I mean, how do we fix this? Do we make it so cops have to leave their guns in their cars? If you have a concealed weapon permit, should you get a sticker to put on your windshield or maybe a notification pops up when the cop types in your information so he is not surprised? Or maybe you just let people go if you find out they have a gun, honestly just let them go and talk to them at home.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Mercenary848 said:

@MirkoS77: That's what I'm saying, the cop came up with a bs reason to say he thought he was dangerous. "Oh I thought he looked like a burglary suspect" after you pulled him over for a busted tail light and approached him casually. The cop became aggressive(put hands on his weapon holster), when philandro told him he had a weapon and ccw(which is the correct thing to do when pulled over)

I just don't buy into the whole underlying implication that this officer desired to kill this man. This is an unfortunate incident, perhaps he used excessive force but it's very easy to armchair this when none of us were there. What he should of done was told his wife to record the cop as he approached.

BRO SHE DID, thats one of the reasons she got thrown in jail after her husband was shot. Horgen just posted the second video that was taken from her point of view. Man come on, now you are just being lazy. I think it's good to have your own opinion, but dont take a stance on a case when you clearly haven't any clue of the details surrounding it. Like I said earlier this was probably one of the more clear cases of police brutality seen in a long time.

What are you talking about? I've seen a video from inside the car right after the shooting, but I've seen none that show the cop approaching the car from her perspective before the encounter and during the shooting. That's what I mean. Do you have one?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

A second mistrial has occurred where a white police officer shot dead an unarmed black motorist in Ohio two years ago.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

@SOedipus said:

A second mistrial has occurred where a white police officer shot dead an unarmed black motorist in Ohio two years ago.

Damn, that shit sounds worse than Philadro.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By MirkoS77

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

If a cop asks for your papers after you inform him you are armed, you don't move until you ask him explicitly how to go about it, and when you do move, you move extremely slowly and deliberately and tell him what you're doing.

I think there's blame on both sides of the isle here, it was a breakdown in communication. The driver made the assumption he was in the clear and made moves much more hastily than was proper in such context, and the cop was overly trigger happy. If he truly felt threatened, he should have drawn his weapon and rapidly retreated, keeping a bead while screaming for the guy to get his hands visible instead of immediately unloading. But I don't think it's a good idea to lay all the blame at the officer's feet, it's never so simple. These things happen from a combination of unfortunate circumstances.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#123  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Another new incident:

White St. Louis police officer shoots off-duty black officer

So much for "Blue Lives Matter".

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

If a cop asks for your papers after you inform him you are armed, you don't move until you ask him explicitly how to go about it, and when you do move, you move extremely slowly and deliberately and tell him what you're doing.

I think there's blame on both sides of the isle here, it was a breakdown in communication. The driver made the assumption he was in the clear and made moves much more hastily than was proper in such context, and the cop was overly trigger happy. If he truly felt threatened, he should have drawn his weapon and rapidly retreated, keeping a bead while screaming for the guy to get his hands visible instead of immediately unloading. But I don't think it's a good idea to lay all the blame at the officer's feet, it's never so simple. These things happen from a combination of unfortunate circumstances.

That's the obvious lesson here, and also the obvious problem. If you can't follow an officer's direct orders with it being considered, "the right thing to do," that's a problem. A big one.

You can't expect all citizens to know secret rules like this (particularly in a situation in which they are already likely to be nervous), and then shrug your shoulders when the situation goes awry and say, "he shouldn't have done what the officer asked him to do."

If that's the takeaway here, we need to reexamine our policies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

This forum is generally anti-government (for the most part) yet there exists a large contingent who are okay with giving the police exorbitant powers, to the point where an officer on his nightly patrol can freely play judge, jury, and executioner with no repercussions. A strange dichotomy to say the least.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MirkoS77

@mattbbpl said:
@MirkoS77 said:

That's the obvious lesson here, and also the obvious problem. If you can't follow an officer's direct orders with it being considered, "the right thing to do," that's a problem. A big one.

You can't expect all citizens to know secret rules like this (particularly in a situation in which they are already likely to be nervous), and then shrug your shoulders when the situation goes awry and say, "he shouldn't have done what the officer asked him to do."

If that's the takeaway here, we need to reexamine our policies.

I don't carry a firearm, but I know you have to take courses prior to getting your CCW license. I would imagine these entail some lessons on etiquette in dealing with any law enforcement, and aside, common sense should dictate that even if a cop tells you to do something while armed, it should still be done exercising extreme caution and deliberateness.

I'm not saying the cop is faultless in this. The dashcam video shows that he started gunning down the dude extremely fast. Do I think he should have been convicted? I'm tending towards yes, but it's hard to say without knowing exactly what happened. We have the dashcam, and her phone footage from the immediate aftermath. Those are the only two recordings I'm aware of.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#129  Edited By killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

If I was pulled over while legally carrying a weapon, I would have told the cop before he had a chance to start with the broken backlight, and further I wouldn't have moved a muscle unless the cop told me to.

While the cop seems very nervous, it seems the guy moved and reached for whatever, after the cop told him to not reach for his weapon. It all happens in seconds, and its hard to judge from these videos. For example what the look on the guys face is, his bodylanguage and so on.

The cop also handled it wrong in my opinion. Instead of saying "don't reach for it, though" after the guy tells him he carries a gun, he should have told him to not move untill he says so.

While very tragic, I think both are at fault here. It seems like a classic clusterfuck.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jag85

@eliminatorpaige said:
@doomdizzle said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Personally I feel like these continued incidents of harmless/unarmed individuals being shot while complying with the police and the cops being found not guilty, only brew more bad blood between police and everyday citizens. It does not help that the bootlickers rush to the defense of the police without actually paying attention to the scenario. Another day in Americas screwed criminal justice system.

Its extremely rare for a cop to be found guilty. To the point that you need at least 6 women to accuse you of rape for it to be taken seriously.

You have got to be joking, men have been thrown in jail over 1 accusation. Wake up and stop watching buzzfeed.

Rape statistics (US)

In the US, only 34% of rapes and sexual assaults are reported. And out of the ones that are reported, only 4% lead to convictions. The US criminal justice system is biased against victims of rape and sexual assault.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Jag85

@eliminatorpaige said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Personally I feel like these continued incidents of harmless/unarmed individuals being shot while complying with the police and the cops being found not guilty, only brew more bad blood between police and everyday citizens. It does not help that the bootlickers rush to the defense of the police without actually paying attention to the scenario. Another day in Americas screwed criminal justice system.

He had a gun. But you are rushing to condemn the cop without much facts. To be honest I saw very little of what happened before he got shot so I can't say until I read more. The cop seemed scared, this is a two sided issue where cops are also scared for their lives due to people wanting them dead. Blaming one side and generalizing like you are doing isn't helping.

Most of the people ignoring the facts are the ones rushing to the cop's defense. The evidence shows that Castile was obeying exactly what Yanez told him to do, and that Castile had done nothing wrong at all. This is what was agreed upon in the courtroom. The only reason Yanez was let off was because he falsely "believed" Castile to be a "threat". In the flawed US criminal justice system, the facts are irrelevant, but the only way to convict a police officer is to somehow disprove the cop's claim that he "believed" the victim was a threat, which places an enormous burden of proof on the prosecution, making a conviction almost impossible. The US criminal justice system is biased in favour of police.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By doomdizzle

@eliminatorpaige said:
@doomdizzle said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Its extremely rare for a cop to be found guilty. To the point that you need at least 6 women to accuse you of rape for it to be taken seriously.

You have got to be joking, men have been thrown in jail over 1 accusation. Wake up and stop watching buzzfeed.

You have to be ignorant or lacking or reading comprehension, maybe both. Talking about cops here. Do you not remember the story of that asian cop having raped several women and it only was taken seriously due to the amount of women? Took a long time for him to be brought to justice and had his first victims been taken seriously he probably wouldn't have made it to 13

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/us/oklahoma-city-officer-daniel-holtzclaw-rape-sentencing/index.html

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Mercenary848

@doomdizzle said:
@eliminatorpaige said:
@doomdizzle said:
@Mercenary848 said:

You have to be ignorant or lacking or reading comprehension, maybe both. Talking about cops here. Do you not remember the story of that asian cop having raped several women and it only was taken seriously due to the amount of women? Took a long time for him to be brought to justice and had his first victims been taken seriously he probably wouldn't have made it to 13

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/us/oklahoma-city-officer-daniel-holtzclaw-rape-sentencing/index.html

Ignore cop apologists lie him, they live in lala land

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

NRA seems pretty silent considering a conceal and carry citizen was only exercising his rights, then shot and killed for it. Perhaps he doesn't fit their marketing demographic.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Solaryellow

@drunk_pi said:

Depends. Some cops are okay with CCW whereas others are outright hostile. Also, yes, sometimes an officer depending on his/her jurisdiction can ask a CCW holder to relinquish his firearm temporarily in duration of the traffic stop.

Everywhere is different and I'd imagine it has a lot to do with whom ever is being stopped and who is doing the stopping. Out here we are not required to reveal we are a CCW holder exercising his rights. Now I do not know if running your drivers license would reveal the person is a CCW holder but unless my weapon is being stored in the glove box with the insurance and registration forms, I'm most likely not saying anything.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 horgen  Moderator

@MirkoS77 said:

Most of us aren't either blaming the victim or the cop here. We just want to see that the cop is held responsible to some degree as well.

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't carry a firearm, but I know you have to take courses prior to getting your CCW license. I would imagine these entail some lessons on etiquette in dealing with any law enforcement, and aside, common sense should dictate that even if a cop tells you to do something while armed, it should still be done exercising extreme caution and deliberateness.

I'm not saying the cop is faultless in this. The dashcam video shows that he started gunning down the dude extremely fast. Do I think he should have been convicted? I'm tending towards yes, but it's hard to say without knowing exactly what happened. We have the dashcam, and her phone footage from the immediate aftermath. Those are the only two recordings I'm aware of.

You're also leaning towards that the cop should have been convicted. Unless I am mistaken, the only "punishment" the cop received was losing his job, something I doubt would happen if it wasn't for the media attention.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Jag85
@eliminatorpaige said:
@Jag85 said:
@eliminatorpaige said:
@Mercenary848 said:

He had a gun. But you are rushing to condemn the cop without much facts. To be honest I saw very little of what happened before he got shot so I can't say until I read more. The cop seemed scared, this is a two sided issue where cops are also scared for their lives due to people wanting them dead. Blaming one side and generalizing like you are doing isn't helping.

Most of the people ignoring the facts are the ones rushing to the cop's defense. The evidence shows that Castile was obeying exactly what Yanez told him to do, and that Castile had done nothing wrong at all. This is what was agreed upon in the courtroom. The only reason Yanez was let off was because he falsely "believed" Castile to be a "threat". In the flawed US criminal justice system, the facts are irrelevant, but the only way to convict a police officer is to somehow disprove the cop's claim that he "believed" the victim was a threat, which places an enormous burden of proof on the prosecution, making a conviction almost impossible. The US criminal justice system is biased in favour of police.

What you said doesn't match with what your replied to, try again. Unlike you I am not taking sides, which i clearly stated.

@Jag85 said:
@eliminatorpaige said:
@doomdizzle said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Rape statistics (US)

In the US, only 34% of rapes and sexual assaults are reported. And out of the ones that are reported, only 4% lead to convictions. The US criminal justice system is biased against victims of rape and sexual assault.

How is somebody not reporting something the fault of the justice system?

It is the fault of the US criminal justice system that only 4% of reported rapes lead to any convictions. This demonstrates that the US criminal justice system is biased in favour of rape suspects, not rape victims.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Jag85
@eliminatorpaige said:

@Jag85: So 100% are guilty? Think dude, you can't assume guilt. Stop taking it at face value, dig deeper, some might be innocent.

96% of rape suspects walk free. That's not "some". That's the overwhelming majority. This demonstrates that the US criminal justice system is heavily biased towards rape suspects, not rape victims.

You are supporting a victim culture and assuming all accused are guilty. Don't say you aren't because you are.

If that's what you think, then you must either be delusional or have terrible reading comprehension.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 horgen  Moderator

@eliminatorpaige said:
@horgen said:

Most of us aren't either blaming the victim or the cop here. We just want to see that the cop is held responsible to some degree as well.

I didn't blame either as well, didn't stop people from insulting and accusing me of defending the cop. Seems like if you don't want him sentenced to death you are a cop apologist. Heck, I even said I needed to read more into it. But hey, either you think he is 110% guilty or you are a cop apologist it seems.

Polarizing. You guys shouldn't be new to this. :P

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Mercenary848

@porchmonkey said:

Officer was just trying to make a living here guys. Castille was making a threatning gesture.

New account that uses a racial slur as a username, yeah not a troll at all

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

He's probably worse than a troll. Just an ass backwards racist.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Mercenary848

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Mercenary848 said:

He's probably worse than a troll. Just an ass backwards racist.

Probably. This new board has attracted a lot of these new accounts with that type of agenda.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Jag85

@eliminatorpaige said:

@Jag85: There are the insults, your reading comprehension is terrible. My comment is about your poor understanding of the numbers, not the numbers themselves.

What excuse do you have for 96% of rape suspects walking free? Are you going to claim they're all "innocent"?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#149 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@eliminatorpaige said:

What you said doesn't match with what your replied to, try again. Unlike you I am not taking sides, which i clearly stated.

It is the fault of the US criminal justice system that only 4% of reported rapes lead to any convictions. This demonstrates that the US criminal justice system is biased in favour of rape suspects, not rape victims.

There are a variety of inherent problems associated with "rapes" which make it difficult to prosecute. First is the time taken in reporting said rape and the lack of physical evidence after said event occurred. Secondly, is having to deal with the false reports. In the majority of cases you will have a he-said she-said ordeal; indeed, establishing relationship status, prior sexual history, etc, creates a lot of questions. Having been to hospitals and taken reports, taken victims to a rape center, taken long and detailed statements, and dealt with this, it is by no means an easy process to go through nor a "slam dunk" for prosecutors/district attorneys.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Jag85 said:
@eliminatorpaige said:

There are a variety of inherent problems associated with "rapes" which make it difficult to prosecute. First is the time taken in reporting said rape and the lack of physical evidence after said event occurred. Secondly, is having to deal with the false reports. In the majority of cases you will have a he-said she-said ordeal; indeed, establishing relationship status, prior sexual history, etc, creates a lot of questions. Having been to hospitals and taken reports, taken victims to a rape center, taken long and detailed statements, and dealt with this, it is by no means an easy process to go through nor a "slam dunk" for prosecutors/district attorneys.

Prior sexual history should be of no consequence to the case. Also false reports are not a major issue. Just an excuse used. However other crimes can also have long investigations.