US successfully removes 'sexual health' references from UN resolution on sexual violence

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

What a bunch of snowflakes, getting triggered over a simple line.

Why is the GOP so backwards on so many things? How much power does the insane religious right have?

US successfully removes 'sexual health' references from UN resolution on sexual violence

The US successfully used the threat of its veto power on the UN Security Council to demand significant changes to a resolution on sexual violence.

The altered resolution passed on Tuesday following major changes granted by Germany in the face of demands from the US, sources told CNN.CNN previously reported on the threat of a US veto over simple references to "health services" and "sexual and reproductive health" in a UN Security Council resolution targeting rape as a weapon of war and reaffirming the UN's opposition to sexual violence.

The Trump administration has taken measures to avoid supporting efforts and organizations that provide abortion services to women,including victims of rape, and sources say such language is now viewed by the US as a veiled reference to that.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/23/politics/un-security-council-sexual-violence/index.html

UN waters down rape resolution to appease US's hardline abortion stance

Measure on sexual violence in conflict passes after Trump administration threatened to veto document over references to reproductive health

Other omissions included calls for a working group to review progress on ending sexual violence.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/apr/23/un-resolution-passes-trump-us-veto-threat-abortion-language-removed

This feels like a news article you would read from the 60s or some shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

USA sided with China and Russia. If you think about it they're all big countries. What would happen if USA starts to side with Russia and China on most issues. Would we enter the modern day of a Dark Age. idk. Sounds silly, the Trump admin. has one and half years to go. Something really catastrophic has to happen, I think, if we're going that route.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Abortion is murder and has nothing to do with ‘health’. I’m glad Trump refuses to support such services. If only he could pull all federal funds from Planned Parenthood too.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

So killing babies is sexual health...still delusional I see Zaryia.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

This doesn't seem to be sexual health related here...........

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

lol look at that thread backfire.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Remarkable that people don't seem to want those who're victims of rape as a weapon of war, the possibility to get access to "health services" and "sexual and reproductive health".
Because it might result in an abortion if said victim ends up being pregnant after a platoon has violated them for X-amount of days.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia
@n64dd said:

Shitpost. You lose.

"Abortion services to rape survivors is part of sexual health, as laid out by World Health Organization's official sexual health guidelines, scopes, and programs."

Just because 2 people, of which are confirmed trolls, happened to be wrong and post in tandem isn't a "thread backfire". But forget their false hang-ups on terminology, they ignored the main premise - why would you ever be against providing abortion and education services to rape survivors? Why would you disagree with all modern 1st world countries on this issue? They all think US is even more backwards than it has been for the last 2 years on such issues.

Now watch me skewer two of those posters who are confirmed trolls,

@vfighter said:

So killing babies abortion is sexual health...still delusional I see Zaryia.

Yes. Providing abortion services to rape victims is objectively sexual health related. I'm glad you now agree with modern terminology. I'm going to trust the WHO over your Pastor. Are you against abortion services for rape survivors?

P.S. What is with your shitty delusional meme? You post this, I post a link showing you are factually wrong, and you never respond in the thread ever again. You're my dog.

@Sevenizz said:

Abortion is murder and has nothing to do with ‘health’. I’m glad Trump refuses to support such services.

Apart from your post being fact free, you're glad Trump and Co. are scared about abortion services to rape survivors?

Stay backwards, Republicans.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia
@watercrack445 said:

USA sided with China and Russia. If you think about it they're all big countries. What would happen if USA starts to side with Russia and China on most issues. Would we enter the modern day of a Dark Age. idk. Sounds silly, the Trump admin. has one and half years to go. Something really catastrophic has to happen, I think, if we're going that route.

@Treflis said:

Remarkable that people don't seem to want those who're victims of rape as a weapon of war, the possibility to get access to "health services" and "sexual and reproductive health".

Because it might result in an abortion if said victim ends up being pregnant after a platoon has violated them for X-amount of days.

I guess religion really messes with peoples minds. This is a backwards stance no matter how you cut it.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Maximized education and empowerment for rape victims? Giving them autonomy in a situation where they would otherwise be stigmatized or subjugated?

Can't have that shit. 'Murica.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Abortion is murder and has nothing to do with ‘health’. I’m glad Trump refuses to support such services. If only he could pull all federal funds from Planned Parenthood too.

Planned Parenthood does more than just provide abortions.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sevenizz

@horgen: Not really...

https://youtu.be/qtgqxvaV-8U

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sevenizz

@zaryia: Rape is a terrible thing, yes but tell me - what has that baby done to deserve murder? You do realize adoption exists, right?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator

@Sevenizz said:

@horgen: Not really...

https://youtu.be/qtgqxvaV-8U

Their site lists HIV services, birth control, men and women's services among others.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sevenizz

@horgen: So? Doesn’t change the fact that their main source of income are abortions.

https://youtu.be/J16uUy8H4mg

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Disappointing, the other UN countries should have stuck to their guns on this. Better to have a meaningful resolution veto'd than to pass something so watered down.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vaasman

@Sevenizz said:

@zaryia: Rape is a terrible thing, yes but tell me - what has that baby done to deserve murder? You do realize adoption exists, right?

What did the woman do to deserve being raped and impregnated and forced to carry the child to term for 9 months of her life and go through the process of giving birth and the multitude of medical and social complications related to caring for or giving up a rapists child for adoption?

For all of your Russian farm tier trolling about baby killing, you seem to not really care at all about the woman in this scenario.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@Sevenizz said:

What did the woman do to deserve being raped and impregnated and forced to carry the child to term for 9 months of her life and go through the process of giving birth and the multitude of medical and social complications related to caring for or giving up a rapists child for adoption?

For all of your Russian farm tier trolling about baby killing, you seem to not really care at all about the woman in this scenario.

Don't you know, women are reproductive vessels first and foremost. :-\

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Abortion is not murder and does not decrease just because you make it illegal.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic

@Sevenizz said:

Yeah because poor women don't need health care......smh. Conservatives.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

This isn’t even about abortions in general it’s specifically on behalf of rape victims. What was it? Like 86% of this country supports the right to an abortion in instances where the pregnancy is the result of rape

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sevenizz

@Vaasman: Where did I say I didn’t care about woman? I do. There’s a 50% chance the rape victim is carrying a female. Where’s her right to exist? I’d rather she carry the baby to term and put it up for adoption if she so desires. No murder necessary. Cost of doing business as a human being.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

High Impact Sexual Violence

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaasman
@Sevenizz said:

@Vaasman: Where did I say I didn’t care about woman? I do. There’s a 50% chance the rape victim is carrying a female. Where’s her right to exist? I’d rather she carry the baby to term and put it up for adoption if she so desires. No murder necessary. Cost of doing business as a human being.

Yea you sure care, even though you have to flat out ignore the parent's autonomy to even have your incorrect point.

And "cost of doing business?" What? Being raped, forcefully impregnated, and having to decide what to do because you were also forced to spend 9 months carrying and giving birth against your will. That's all just the "Cost of doing business?"

lol. That's some low class troll bait friendo. You'll have to do better.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I see the American Taliban are back in full force.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sevenizz

@Vaasman: Life is hard and life’s not fair. But murder is worse.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vaasman
@Sevenizz said:

@Vaasman: Life is hard and life’s not fair. But murder is worse.

Spoken like a true sociopath, but I suppose that's what they pay ya for over at the troll farms eh?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sevenizz

@Vaasman: Get over yourself. Not everyone is for the murder of innocent life.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vaasman
@Sevenizz said:

@Vaasman: Get over yourself. Not everyone is for the murder of innocent life.

Not everyone condones rape as a means for creating children but hey if that's what the farm is paying you for komrade that's what the message is.

Not to mention, abortion isn't murder, a fetus is not a viable lifeform until several months in, nor is does it have any brain function. It's no more murder than chopping off a funny looking mole. The overwhelming majority of the developed world agrees and has legalized it as a result.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@zaryia: You always post some pointless, left wing nonsense trying to counter what others say to you, you're a delusional nut job through and through. Sorry, but the truth isn't always nice.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@n64dd said:

lol at this post backfire.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

You care about female wartime rape victims , unless they become pregnant from it, At which point they better squeeze it out and once it is out alive then they can do whatever with the offspring, be it adoption or being shunned from society for having the offspring of the enemy.

Sounds more like you just want the rape victim to suffer cause one of her egg cells had the audacity to be impregnated by a sperm cell.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 horgen  Moderator

@Sevenizz said:

@horgen: So? Doesn’t change the fact that their main source of income are abortions.

https://youtu.be/J16uUy8H4mg

Do you use PragerU and Live Action as sources all the time? Former is a right wing extreme source and the other is pseudo science and conspiracy.

Their main source of income isn't abortions. According to Breitbart it is tax payer money, according to PP themselves, it is private contributions & bequests

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zaryia
@vfighter said:

@zaryia: You always post some pointless, left wing nonsense trying to counter what others say to you, you're a delusional nut job through and through. Sorry, but the truth isn't always nice.

Your're a trash poster. You randomly say I'm delusional, with no facts to back up that I'm wrong.

You never refute the direct evidence I provide. I sourced the World Health Organization and peer reviewed studies, not "left wing nonsense". Please tell me how they are wrong on abortion for rape victims being part of sexual health. Back up your claims for once, like I do, instead of just spamming ad-homs like some child.

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/70501/WHO_RHR_HRP_10.22_eng.pdf;jsessionid=69C5F17EBDC76713A8D101CDEA74158A?sequence=1

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 N64DD

@zaryia said:
@vfighter said:

Your're a trash poster. You randomly say I'm delusional, with no facts to back up that I'm wrong.

You never refute the direct evidence I provide. I sourced the World Health Organization and peer reviewed studies, not "left wing nonsense". Please tell me how they are wrong on abortion for rape victims being part of sexual health. Back up your claims for once, like I do, instead of just spamming ad-homs like some child.

Stop raging.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@vfighter said:

Stop raging.

Stop trolling.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 N64DD

@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@vfighter said:

Stop raging.

Stop trolling.

post a peer review or citation showing i'm trolling

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zaryia

@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@vfighter said:

Stop raging.

Stop trolling.

The citation is provided in this quote chain.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vaasman

@n64dd said:

I am a peer.

Can confirm, you trollin.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

@Vaasman said:
@n64dd said:

I am a peer.

I second that......

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 N64DD

@Vaasman said:
@n64dd said:

I am a peer.

Dunno, you don't look like my peer. :|

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Lol, try harder...

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Vaasman said:
@n64dd said: