BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/treasury-sanctions-north-korea-it/index.html?utm_content=2018-09-13T20%3A00%3A48&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social

he US announced new sanctions against North Korea Thursday, taking aim at a Chinese company, its North Korean CEO and its Russia-based sister company.

The two information technology companies are actually North Korean-controlled entities, the Treasury Department said in a statement Tuesday that accused the Russia-based company Volasys Silver Star, China-based China Silver Star and its CEO Jong Song Hwa of violating US sanctions. "These actions are intended to stop the flow of illicit revenue to North Korea from overseas information technology workers disguising their true identities and hiding behind front companies, aliases, and third-party nationals," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement.

He warned the "IT industry, businesses, and individuals across the globe to take precautions to ensure that they are not unwittingly employing North Korean workers for technology projects by doing business with companies like the ones designated today." Thursday's sanctions announcement is the latest sign the US is moving to increase pressure on Pyongyang to end its nuclear and ballistic missile programs. White House officials acknowledge there's been no progress on denuclearization, even as President Donald Trump considers a second summit with North Korea leader Kim Jong Un.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BlackBalls

So much for that Nobel prize.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Pretty sure Russia, China, and N. Korea are soon to be the new "axis of evil"...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@blackballs said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/treasury-sanctions-north-korea-it/index.html?utm_content=2018-09-13T20%3A00%3A48&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social

he US announced new sanctions against North Korea Thursday, taking aim at a Chinese company, its North Korean CEO and its Russia-based sister company.

The two information technology companies are actually North Korean-controlled entities, the Treasury Department said in a statement Tuesday that accused the Russia-based company Volasys Silver Star, China-based China Silver Star and its CEO Jong Song Hwa of violating US sanctions. "These actions are intended to stop the flow of illicit revenue to North Korea from overseas information technology workers disguising their true identities and hiding behind front companies, aliases, and third-party nationals," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement.

He warned the "IT industry, businesses, and individuals across the globe to take precautions to ensure that they are not unwittingly employing North Korean workers for technology projects by doing business with companies like the ones designated today." Thursday's sanctions announcement is the latest sign the US is moving to increase pressure on Pyongyang to end its nuclear and ballistic missile programs. White House officials acknowledge there's been no progress on denuclearization, even as President Donald Trump considers a second summit with North Korea leader Kim Jong Un.

FUCKING LOL!

I was so wrong and unamerican because I said I would wait and see what would happen with NK after the "deal" was made before I praised Trump. Now I see my lack of confidence in Trump was totally misplaced though, thank god he made it look like progress was being made that day. I'm sorry that I didn't believe the life long con man when he made such a great a glorious deal like everyone else.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlackBalls

@Serraph105 said:
@blackballs said:

FUCKING LOL!

I was so wrong and unamerican because I said I would wait and see what would happen with NK after the "deal" was made before I praised Trump. Now I see my lack of confidence in Trump was totally misplaced though, thank god he made it look like progress was being made that day. I'm sorry that I didn't believe the life long con man when he made such a great a glorious deal like everyone else.

I can't wait for Janucks response in this thread. He'll either find something to call it fake news or not even show up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@blackballs: he won't comment

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@blackballs: Eh he parrots talking heads. Nothing to see there.......

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Pretty sure Russia, China, and N. Korea are soon to be the new "axis of evil"...

lol...What can N.Korea can possibly do beside NK having an nuclear weapon arsenals. They are used more as a little tool by China and Russia.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Oof

Hopefully this doesn't lead to NK nuking Hawaii.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@watercrack445 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

lol...What can N.Korea can possibly do beside NK having an nuclear weapon arsenals. They are used more as a little tool by China and Russia.

Production, natural resources, manpower. To name a few.

N. Korea can do a lot.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@blackballs said:

Is this Nintendoboy's alt?

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlackBalls

@n64dd said:
@blackballs said:

What?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@blackballs said:
@n64dd said:
@blackballs said:

What?

Just an observation :D

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

This was supposed to be Trump's major victory, seeing as he actually had NK make it to a summit and personally meet Un. So, not only did her tear up a perfectly good inspection regiment with Iran (which has been verified as working the IAEA) but he's got a dud on the NK front like every predecessor before him.

Who can he blame, the deep state? Is Hillary responsible? Why is it that when anything goes wrong for Trump it's always someone else's fault? Or what about everyone around him resigning or getting caught up in criminal indictment or convictions?

People make mistakes, honest mistakes. But This is ridiculous. He's such a small man that he can't ever take responsibility for his own actions, something core to republican view on politics and life.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@blackballs said:

FUCKING LOL!

Maybe he needs even a third visit... Or a seventh. Never lose hope.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@horgen: So did you expect Trump to go to North Korea and the week after the nuclear weapons would be gone?

As to this thread, well considering it´s an alt account who made it, not really going to engage with that one.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I get that most of the people in the forum hate Trump, but I wouldn't be celebrating that a deal to denuclearize a tyrant may have failed just because it makes someone I hate look bad.

But that's just my opinion.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

@horgen: So did you expect Trump to go to North Korea and the week after the nuclear weapons would be gone?

As to this thread, well considering it´s an alt account who made it, not really going to engage with that one.

No. I don't expect it to go that fast. I expected it would take years and finish long after Trump term(s) are over.

After reading a little of the actual source. The progress is just where I expected it to be. Unless the White House is sugar coating it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

I get that most of the people in the forum hate Trump, but I wouldn't be celebrating that a deal to denuclearize a tyrant may have failed just because it makes someone I hate look bad.

No one in the world who have 5% of common sense would ever expect North Korea to give up their nuclear weapons, even most democratic pundits, have said that after what happened in Libya, North Korea´s Kim would be aware of that and that it would be very unlikely that they would go so far as give them up.

And here we are not even debating the contrast from "little rocketman" and the radical left shouting "Trump will begin a war with NK" to now where Trump has had a meeting and North Korea has toned down its rhetoric together with small steps like the no missiles during the military parade or the restart of the North Korean/South Korean family program and the same radical left now yelling "trump is NK´s puppet" it´s insane to watch the tribalist nature.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HoolaHoopMan

@ad1x2 said:

Who is celebrating? There's a difference between actively wanting Trump to fail in these negotiations instead of being skeptical of the lofty ambitions he set himself. Reality is simply setting in.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

No. I don't expect it to go that fast. I expected it would take years and finish long after Trump term(s) are over.

After reading a little of the actual source. The progress is just where I expected it to be. Unless the White House is sugar coating it.

Oh come on now, Trump would never do that regarding himself.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BlackBalls

@Jacanuk said:

I knew after calling you out in the other thread you would arrive here, but seriously this is the best you have? When you have no agruments call someone an alt? Just admit your carrot fuhrer completely flopped this one, like most of his attempts at being a real president.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BlackBalls

@ad1x2 said:

There was no deal from the begging. It was all a spectacle from Trump to seem like he's the savior of the world. Anyone who isn't a dumb republican knew he was just doing an act. There was no substance in that meeting.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

No one is celebrating anything. trumpsters need to stop with the paranoid victim complex. Only his fan base actually believed his smoke and mirrors. No way he was going to denuclearize NK. None. If you bought it............shame on you.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@ad1x2 said:

No one is celebrating anything. trumpsters need to stop with the paranoid victim complex. Only his fan base actually believed his smoke and mirrors. No way he was going to denuclearize NK. None. If you bought it............shame on you.

@blackballs said:
@ad1x2 said:

There was no deal from the begging. It was all a spectacle from Trump to seem like he's the savior of the world. Anyone who isn't a dumb republican knew he was just doing an act. There was no substance in that meeting.

At no time did I suggest or imply that it was 100% guaranteed the summit would be a success. I just hoped, like most rational people, that it would be successful especially since Trump is the first sitting president to sit down face to face with the leader of North Korea. I would have felt exactly the same way if this happened two years ago when Obama was still president, and I would have felt the same way if Hillary Clinton won the election and was the one sitting down with Kim Jong Un.

It's a shame that people hate Trump so much that they are actually gloating and celebrating that the attempt to denuclearize North Korea may fail. You can say that nobody is celebrating @HoolaHoopMan, but reading some of the posts in this thread, elsewhere in the forum, and other places in the Internet will tell you that there were plenty of people that wanted it to fail just because it would be one more thing people can say Trump failed at. And some of these people are the same people that were complaining Trump would start a nuclear war last year because of his rhetoric with them.

I wasn't one of those people that suggested that Trump gets the Nobel Peace Prize for denuclearizing North Korea and all of you can check my post history and see I never made such a suggestion. Since nukes and other weapons of war are nonpartisan, I hope for both our sake and South Korea's sake that they work through their issues and it ends up being successful. There are a lot of things Trump has failed at miserably that could potentially cost him his reelection. No need to hope North Korea gets added to the list.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Regardless of the Trump aspect of all this, it's pretty clear that North Korea aren't giving up their nukes anytime soon.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlackBalls

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@ad1x2 said:

@blackballs said:
@ad1x2 said:

At no time did I suggest or imply that it was 100% guaranteed the summit would be a success. I just hoped, like most rational people, that it would be successful especially since Trump is the first sitting president to sit down face to face with the leader of North Korea. I would have felt exactly the same way if this happened two years ago when Obama was still president, and I would have felt the same way if Hillary Clinton won the election and was the one sitting down with Kim Jong Un.

It's a shame that people hate Trump so much that they are actually gloating and celebrating that the attempt to denuclearize North Korea may fail. You can say that nobody is celebrating @HoolaHoopMan, but reading some of the posts in this thread, elsewhere in the forum, and other places in the Internet will tell you that there were plenty of people that wanted it to fail just because it would be one more thing people can say Trump failed at. And some of these people are the same people that were complaining Trump would start a nuclear war last year because of his rhetoric with them.

I wasn't one of those people that suggested that Trump gets the Nobel Peace Prize for denuclearizing North Korea and all of you can check my post history and see I never made such a suggestion. Since nukes and other weapons of war are nonpartisan, I hope for both our sake and South Korea's sake that they work through their issues and it ends up being successful. There are a lot of things Trump has failed at miserably that could potentially cost him his reelection. No need to hope North Korea gets added to the list.

Again, it was a show, a spectacle. Nothing was going to come out of it, in fact North Korea is increasing its nuclear arsenal while getting closer to China, Russia and Korea. If anything, Trump has made things worse. Now North Korea is back to their anti-american stance, while they have new closer relationships, especially with South Korea. Trump got played. That was Kim's strategy all along.

Again, you want to impose your views on others - I repeat, I do want things to get resolved but you're extremely naive if you believed that the summit was nothing more than carrot fuhrer trying to seem like he solved anything. Everyone with a logical mind knew that Kim was playing him all along.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HoolaHoopMan

@ad1x2 said:

@HoolaHoopMan, but reading some of the posts in this thread, elsewhere in the forum, and other places in the Internet will tell you that there were plenty of people that wanted it to fail just because it would be one more thing people can say Trump failed at. And some of these people are the same people that were complaining Trump would start a nuclear war last year because of his rhetoric with them.

Except that I think that most people honestly wouldn't have wanted it to fail. The problem people had with it is that they knew it was smoke and mirrors and unreasonable to begin with. You're conflating reasonable doubt with hoping to fail.

What I'm seeing, in this thread specifically, is people seeing that the deal really wasn't all it was hyped up to be. That isn't wanting it to fail, but rather a 'I told you so' when it ultimately fell flat on it's face. Trump literally tweeted that NK wasn't a threat anymore and you expect people to ignore reality and label it a win? Well f*ck me.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horgen  Moderator

@Serraph105 said:

Oh come on now, Trump would never do that regarding himself.

He is an honest man. Why would he?