mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

China and the United States have agreed to halt additional tariffs as both nations engage in new trade negotiations with the goal of reaching an agreement within 90 days, the White House said on Saturday after President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping held high-stakes talks in Argentina.

Trump agreed not to boost tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods to 25 percent on Jan. 1 as previously announced, while Beijing agreed to buy an unspecified but "very substantial" amount of agricultural, energy, industrial and other products, the White House said in a statement.

There is a catch:

"If at the end of this period of time, the parties are unable to reach an agreement, the 10 percent tariffs will be raised to 25 percent," a White House statement said after dinner talks between President Donald Trump and his counterpart Xi Jinping on the sidelines of a G20 summit in Buenos Aires.

Link

So that's good. New tariffs will at least be delayed for a bit.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

I don't think the Chinese leader could walk away without some form of deal from this dinner/event. At least what I've read in local papers here.

Hopefully those 90 days will bring better deals that are more permanent.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3738 Posts

Get Trump in a room and flatter him and he caves like a wet paper bag. lol

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Well, that means that 90 days will pass of unsure market fluctuations due to the uncertainty of tariffs. This says that they're simply delaying the rise to 25% 90 days, so the status quo is staying. Not sure who will blink first in this game of chicken.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I disagre with most of what Trump has done, but honestly, China is a cheating mofo when it comes to world trade. They play incredibly unfair, artifically manipulate currency prices and use government resources to steal tech from other countries and companies. No one has had the balls to stand up to them. I dont know if what Trump is doing is helpful, but I'd rather have people do something than stick their heads up their asses and pretend that China is on the level.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@sonicare said:

I disagre with most of what Trump has done, but honestly, China is a cheating mofo when it comes to world trade. They play incredibly unfair, artifically manipulate currency prices and use government resources to steal tech from other countries and companies. No one has had the balls to stand up to them. I don't know if what Trump is doing is helpful, but I'd rather have people do something than stick their heads up their asses and pretend that China is on the level.

So far it has not been helpful in the least, in fact it has hurt the US in the range of billions of dollars since he started implementing tarrifs. We do need something done, but Trump has proved himself to be incompetent at the job and has only harmed the US in his attempts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@Serraph105 said:
@sonicare said:

I disagre with most of what Trump has done, but honestly, China is a cheating mofo when it comes to world trade. They play incredibly unfair, artifically manipulate currency prices and use government resources to steal tech from other countries and companies. No one has had the balls to stand up to them. I don't know if what Trump is doing is helpful, but I'd rather have people do something than stick their heads up their asses and pretend that China is on the level.

So far it has not been helpful in the least, in fact it has hurt the US in the range of billions of dollars since he started implementing tarrifs. We do need something done, but Trump has proved himself to be incompetent at the job and has only harmed the US in his attempts.

He's playing a high stake game of chicken without any particular plan.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@sonicare said:
@Serraph105 said:
@sonicare said:

I think his entire presidency is without a plan........

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@sonicare said:
@Serraph105 said:
@sonicare said:

That's not at all encouraging.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Beat me to it.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

I wouldn't be so sure that this trade war is over.

https://www.businessinsider.com/huawei-meng-wanzhou-trump-china-trade-war-2018-12

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@sonicare said:
@Serraph105 said:
@sonicare said:

Nope and to be honest, what does China have to lose? It's a totalitarian regime. The U.S has elections coming up, so Trump better fix things before a rescission comes and its game over for his presidency and the republican party in 2020.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@Serraph105 said:
@sonicare said:
@Serraph105 said:
@sonicare said:

No it isn't.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Damedius

This is a high stakes game that the US is playing. It's a game to ensure the supremacy of the American Empire.

You are engaged in economic warfare. The goal of war isn't to avoid pain or losses. It's to ensure victory.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

"George Washington's Vision"

This afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of her presence. A second, a third and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes.

By this time I felt strange sensations spreading through me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to address her, but my tongue had become useless, as though it had become paralyzed.

A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor. Gradually the surrounding atmosphere seemed as if it had become filled with sensations, and luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarefy, the mysterious visitor herself becoming more airy and yet more distinct to my sight than before. I now began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany dissolution. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move; all were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

Presently I heard a voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn," while at the same time my visitor extended her arm eastwardly, I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a stranger scene. Before me lay spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world — Europe, Asia, Africa and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific.

"Son of the Republic," said the same mysterious voice as before, "look and learn." At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel, standing or rather floating in mid-air, between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. Immediately a cloud raised from these countries, and joined in mid-ocean. For a while it remained stationary, and then moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows in sank from view. A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn," I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them.

Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, "Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn." At this the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill omened specter approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking I saw a bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word "Union," bearing the American flag which he placed between the divided nation, and said, "Remember ye are brethren." Instantly, the inhabitants, casting from them their weapons became friends once more, and united around the National Standard.

"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying "Son of the Republic, look and learn." At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: From each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. Throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America. Our country was enveloped in this volume of cloud, and I saw these vast armies devastate the whole county and burn the villages, towns and cities that I beheld springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of sword, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn" When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast. "Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word Union, and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were will nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious!

Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice: "While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last." And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word "Union," he placed it upon the Standard while the people, kneeling down, said, "Amen."

The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, "Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted: Three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third, but in this greatest conflict the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and the Union." With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown to me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States.

The First war was the Revolutionary War. The second war was the American Civil War. The third war? World war 2? But only the Pearl Harbor was bombed and that was it.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@watercrack445 said:

"George Washington's Vision"

This afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of her presence. A second, a third and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes.

By this time I felt strange sensations spreading through me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to address her, but my tongue had become useless, as though it had become paralyzed.

A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor. Gradually the surrounding atmosphere seemed as if it had become filled with sensations, and luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarefy, the mysterious visitor herself becoming more airy and yet more distinct to my sight than before. I now began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany dissolution. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move; all were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

Presently I heard a voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn," while at the same time my visitor extended her arm eastwardly, I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a stranger scene. Before me lay spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world — Europe, Asia, Africa and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific.

"Son of the Republic," said the same mysterious voice as before, "look and learn." At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel, standing or rather floating in mid-air, between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. Immediately a cloud raised from these countries, and joined in mid-ocean. For a while it remained stationary, and then moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows in sank from view. A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn," I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them.

Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, "Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn." At this the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill omened specter approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking I saw a bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word "Union," bearing the American flag which he placed between the divided nation, and said, "Remember ye are brethren." Instantly, the inhabitants, casting from them their weapons became friends once more, and united around the National Standard.

"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying "Son of the Republic, look and learn." At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: From each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. Throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America. Our country was enveloped in this volume of cloud, and I saw these vast armies devastate the whole county and burn the villages, towns and cities that I beheld springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of sword, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn" When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast. "Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word Union, and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were will nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious!

Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice: "While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last." And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word "Union," he placed it upon the Standard while the people, kneeling down, said, "Amen."

The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, "Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted: Three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third, but in this greatest conflict the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and the Union." With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown to me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States.

The First war was the Revolutionary War. The second war was the American Civil War. The third war? World war 2? But only the Pearl Harbor was bombed and that was it.

Europe is good in wars tho:

Pre-500 BCE

c. 5000 BCE Talheim Death Pit

c. 1104–900 BCE Dorian invasion

c. 753–351 BCE Roman–Etruscan Wars

c. 753–494 BCE Roman–Sabine wars

743–724 BCE First Messenian War

710–650 BCE Lelantine War

circa 700–601 BCE Alban war with Rome

685–668 BCE Second Messenian War

669–668 BCE Sparta–Argos War

600–265 BCE Greek–Punic Wars

595–585 BCE First Sacred War

560 BCE Second Arcadian War

540 BCE Battle of Alalia

538–522 BCE Polycrates wars

500–200 BCE

509–396 BCE Early Italian campaigns

500–499 BCE Persian invasion of Naxos

492–490 BCE First Persian invasion of Greece

482–479 BCE Second Persian invasion of Greece

480–307 BCE Sicilian Wars

460–445 BCE First Peloponnesian War

449–448 BCE Second Sacred War

440–439 BCE Samian War

431–404 BCE Second Peloponnesian War

395–387 BCE Corinthian War

390–387 BCE Celtic invasion of Italia

335 BCE Alexander's Balkan campaign

323–322 BCE Lamian War

280–275 BCE Pyrrhic War

267–261 BCE Chremonidean War

264–241 BCE First Punic War

229–228 BCE First Illyrian War

220–219 BCE Second Illyrian War

218–201 BCE Second Punic War

214–205 BCE First Macedonian War

200 BCE onwards

200–197 BCE Second Macedonian War

191–189 BCE Aetolian War

171–168 BCE Third Macedonian War

135–132 BCE First Servile War

113–101 BCE Cimbrian War

113 BCE – CE 439 Germanic Wars

104–100 BCE Second Servile War

91–88 BCE Social War

88–87 BCE Sulla's first civil war

85 BCE Colchis uprising against Pontus

83–72 BCE Sertorian War

82–81 BCE Sulla's second civil war

78 BCE Marcus Aemilius Lepidus

73–71 BCE Third Servile War

73–63 BCE Roman Expansion in Syria & Judea

65–63 BCE Pompey's campaign in Iberia and Albania

63–62 BCE Second Catilinarian conspiracy

55–54 BCE Caesar's invasions of Britain

58–51 BCE Gallic Wars

49–45 BCE Caesar's Civil War

44–36 BCE Sicilian revolt

43 BCE Battle of Mutina

43–42 BCE Liberators' civil war

41–40 BCE Perusine War

32–30 BCE Final War of the Roman Republic

1st–10th century CE

Battle of the Milvian Bridge, 312

Battle of the Hellespont, 324

35–41 Iberian-Parthian war

49–96 Roman conquest of Britain

51 Armenian–Iberian war

69 Year of the Four Emperors

69–70 Revolt of the Batavi

193 Year of the Five Emperors

208–210 Roman invasion of Caledoni

238 Year of the Six Emperors

271–278 Colchis–Roman War

284–285 Roman civil war

306–324 Civil wars of the Tetrarchy

350–351 Roman civil war

360–361 Roman civil war

367–368 Great Conspiracy

376–382 Gothic War

387–388 Roman civil war

394 Roman civil war of 394 AD

482–484 Iberian-Persian War

526–532 Iberian War

535–554 Gothic War

541–562 Lazic War

582–602 Maurice's Balkan campaigns

c. 600–793 Frisian–Frankish wars

650–799 Arab–Khazar wars

680–1355 Byzantine–Bulgarian wars

711–718 Umayyad conquest of Hispania

715–718 Frankish Civil War (715–718)

722–1492 Reconquista

735–737 Georgian-Umayyad Caliphate War

772–804 Saxon Wars

c. 800/862–973 Hungarian invasions of Europe

830s Paphlagonian expedition of the Rus'

839–1330 Bulgarian–Serbian Wars

854–1000 Croatian–Bulgarian wars

860 Rus'–Byzantine War

865–878 Invasion of the Great Heathen Army

907 Rus'–Byzantine War

914 Arab-Georgian War

939 Battle of Andernach

941 Rus'–Byzantine War

955 Battle of Recknitz

970–971 Sviatoslav's invasion of Bulgaria

982 Battle of Stilo

983 Great Slav Rising

11th century

Battle of Hastings (1066)

Battle of Gvozd Mountain, 1097

1002–1018 German–Polish War

1014–1208 Byzantine–Georgian wars

1015–1016 Pisan–Genoese expeditions to Sardinia

1015–1016 Cnut's invasion of England

1018 Battle of Vlaardingen

1024 Battle of Listven

1024 Rus'–Byzantine War

1043 Rus'–Byzantine War

1044 Battle of Ménfő

1048–1064 Invasion of Denmark

1050–1185 Byzantine–Norman wars

1057 Battle of Petroe

1060 Battle of the Theben Pass

1065–1067 War of the Three Sanchos

1066 Norwegian invasion of England

1066–1088 Norman conquest of England

1067–1194 Norman invasion of Wales

1067 Battle on the Nemiga River

1068 Battle of the Alta River

1073–1075 Saxon Rebellion

1075 Revolt of the Earls

1077–1088 Great Saxon Revolt

1078 Battle of Kalavrye

1088 Rebellion of 1088

1093 Battle of Schmilau

1093 Battle of the Stugna River

1097 Battle of Gvozd Mountain

1099–1204 Georgian–Seljuk wars

12th century

Monument of Didgori Battle, Georgia

1109 Battle of Głogów

1115 Battle of Welfesholz

1121 Battle of Didgori

1126 Battle of Chlumec

1130–1240 Civil war era in Norway

1135–54 The Anarchy

1142–1445 Swedish–Novgorodian Wars

1144–1162 Baussenque Wars

1159–1345 Wars of the Guelphs and Ghibellines

1164 Battle of Verchen

1169–1175 Norman invasion of Ireland

1173–1174 Revolt of 1173–74

1185–1204 Uprising of Asen and Peter

1198 Battle of Gisors

1198–1290 Livonian Crusade

13th century

Battle of Muret, 1213

1201 Battle of Stellau

1202 Siege of Zadar

1202–1214 Anglo–French War

1205 Battle of Zawichost

1208–1227 Conquest of Estonia

1209–1229 Albigensian Crusade

1211 Welsh uprising of 1211

1215–1217 First Barons' War

1216–1222 War of Succession of Champagne

1220–1264 Age of the Sturlungs

1223–1241 Mongol invasion of Europe

1223–1480 Tatar raids in Russia

1224 Siege of La Rochelle

1227 Battle of Bornhöved

1231–1233 Friso-Drentic War

1234–1238 Georgian-Mongol War

1239–1245 Teltow War

1242 Saintonge War

1256–1258 War of the Euboeote Succession

1256–1381 Venetian–Genoese Wars

1256–1422 Friso-Hollandic Wars

1260 Battle of Kressenbrunn

1262–1266 Scottish–Norwegian War

1264–1267 Second Barons' War

1265 Battle of Isaszeg

1275–1276 The war against Valdemar Birgersson

1276–1278 6000-mark war

1276 War of Navarra

1277–1280 Uprising of Ivaylo

1278 Battle on the Marchfeld

1282–1302 War of the Sicilian Vespers

1283–1289 War of the Limburg Succession

1284–1285 Aragonese Crusade

1288–1295 War of the Outlaws

1296–1357 Wars of Scottish Independence

1297–1305 Franco-Flemish War

1298 Battle of Göllheim

14th century

Battle of Sluys, 1340, from a manuscript

Battle of Nájera, 1367

1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs

1304–1310 The Swedish brother's feud

1307 Battle of Lucka

1311 Battle of Halmyros

1311–1312 Rebellion of mayor Albert

1312 Battle of Rozgony

1321–1322 Despenser War

1321–1328 Byzantine civil war of 1321–28

1322 Battle of Bliska

1323–1328 Peasant revolt in Flanders

1324 War of Saint-Sardos

1326–1332 Polish–Teutonic War

1333–1338 Burke Civil War

1337–1453 Hundred Years' War

1340–1392 Galicia–Volhynia Wars

1340–1396 Bulgarian–Ottoman wars

1341–1347 Byzantine civil war of 1341–47

1342–1350 Zealot's Rebellion

1343–1345 St. George's Night Uprising

1347–1352 Neapolitan campaigns of Louis the Great

1350–1498 Wars of the Vetkopers and Schieringers

1350–1490 Hook and Cod wars

1356–1358 Jacquerie

1356–1375 War of the Two Peters

1362 Battle of Helsingborg

1362–1457 War of the Bands

1366–1369 Castilian Civil War

1366–1526 Ottoman–Hungarian Wars

1369–1370 First Fernandine War

1371–1913 Serbian–Ottoman wars

1371 Battle of Baesweiler

1371–1379 War of the Guelderian Succession

1371–1381 War of Chioggia

1372–1373 Second Fernandine War

1373–1379 Byzantine civil war of 1373–79

1375 Gugler War

1375–1378 War of the Eight Saints

1381 Peasants' Revolt

1381–1382 Third Fernandine War

1381–1384 Lithuanian Civil War (1381–84)

1382 Harelle and Maillotins Revolt

1381–1404 Second Georgian–Mongol War

1389 Battle of Kosovo

1389–1392 Lithuanian Civil War (1389–92)

1395 Battle of Nicopolis

15th century

Battle of Formigny, 1450

1400–1415 Glyndŵr Rising

1401–1429 Appenzell Wars

1407–1468 Georgian-Turkoman War

1409–1411 Polish–Lithuanian–Teutonic War

1410–1435 War of Slesvig

1414 Hunger War

1419–1434 Hussite Wars

1422 Gollub War

1422 Battle of Arbedo

1425–1454 Wars in Lombardy

1431–1435 Polish–Teutonic War

1434–1436 Engelbrekt rebellion

1437 Budai Nagy Antal revolt

1438–1556 Russo-Kazan Wars

1440–1446 Old Zürich War

1441 Battle of Samobor

1443–1444 Long campaign

1445 First Battle of Olmedo

1447–1448 Albanian–Venetian War

1449–1450 First Margrave War

1449 Battle of Castione

1449–1453 Revolt of Ghent

1450 Jack Cade's Rebellion

1451–1455 Navarrese Civil War

1453–1454 Morea revolt

1454–1466 Thirteen Years' War

1455–1485 Wars of the Roses

1462–1485 Rebellion of the Remences

1462–1472 Catalan Civil War

1463–1479 Ottoman–Venetian War

1465 Battle of Montlhéry

1465–1468 Wars of Liège

1466–1469 Irmandiño Wars

1467 Second Battle of Olmedo

1467–1479 War of the Priests

1468 Waldshut War

1468–1478 Bohemian War

1470–1471 Dano-Swedish War

1470–1474 Anglo-Hanseatic War

1475–1479 War of the Castilian Succession

1477–1488 Austrian–Hungarian War (1477–88)

1478 Carinthian Peasant Revolt

1478 Battle of Giornico

1479 Battle of Guinegate

1482–1484 War of Ferrara

1484 Battle of Lochmaben Fair

1485–1488 Mad War

1487 Battle of Crevola

1487 War of Rovereto

1488 Battle of Sauchieburn

1492–1583 Muscovite–Lithuanian Wars

1493 Battle of Krbava Field

1493–1593 Hundred Years' Croatian–Ottoman War

1494–1498 Italian War of 1494–98

1495–1497 Russo-Swedish War

1497 Cornish Rebellion of 1497

1497 Battle of Rotebro

1499 Swabian War

1499–1504 Italian War of 1499–1504 – 20,000 killed in action[1]

16th century

Battle of Marignano, 1515

Siege of Narva, 1558

Siege of Szigetvar, 1566

St. Bartholomew's Day massacre, 1572

Battle of Sisak, 1593

c. 1500–1854 Lekianoba

1501-1512 Dano-Swedish War (1501–12)

1502–1543 Guelders Wars

1503–1505 War of the Succession of Landshut

1508–1516 War of the League of Cambrai – 31,000 killed in action[1]

1509–1510 Polish–Moldavian War

1514 Poor Conrad's Rebellion

1514 Dózsa rebellion

1514–1517 Saxon feud

1515 Slovene Peasant Revolt

1515–1523 Frisian peasant rebellion

1519–1521 Polish–Teutonic War

1520–1521 Revolt of the Comuneros

1521–1523 Revolt of the Brotherhoods

1521–1523 Swedish War of Liberation

1521–1526 Italian War of 1521–1526 – 30,000 killed in action[1]

1521–1718 Ottoman–Habsburg wars

1522–1523 Knights' Revolt

1524–1525 German Peasants' War

1526 Revolt of Espadán

1526–1530 War of the League of Cognac – 18,000 killed in action[1]

1529 First War of Kappel

1531 Second War of Kappel

1531-1532 War of Two Kings

1534 Silken Thomas Rebellion

1534–1535 Münster Rebellion

1534–1536 Count's Feud

1536-1537 Reformation in Norway

1536–1537 Pilgrimage of Grace

1540 Salt War

1542–1546 Italian War of 1542–1546 – 47,000 killed in action[1]

1542–1543 Dacke War

1543–1550 Rough Wooing

1546–1547 Schmalkaldic War

1549 Kett's Rebellion

1549 Prayer Book Rebellion

1550 Battle of Sauðafell

1551–1559 Italian War of 1551–1559 – 75,000 killed in action[1]

1552–1555 Second Margrave War

1554 Wyatt's rebellion

1554–1557 Russo-Swedish War

1558–1583 Livonian War

1559–1564 Spanish-Turkish War – 24,000 killed in action[1]

1560 Siege of Leith

1562–1598 French Wars of Religion

1563–1570 Northern Seven Years' War

1565 Great Siege of Malta

1566 Siege of Szigetvár

1568–1570 Morisco Revolt

1568–1648 Eighty Years' War

1569–1580 Spanish-Turkish War – 48,000 killed in action[1]

1569–1570 Rising of the North

1569–1573 First Desmond Rebellion

1573 Croatian–Slovene Peasant Revolt

1578 Georgian-Ottoman War

1579–1583 Second Desmond Rebellion

1580–1583 War of the Portuguese Succession

1583–1588 Cologne War

1585–1604 English-Spanish War – 48,000 killed in action[1]

1588–1654 Dutch–Portuguese War

1587–1588 War of the Polish Succession

1590–1595 Russo-Swedish War

1593 Battle of Sisak

1593–1606 Long Turkish War

1593–1617 Moldavian Magnate Wars

1594–1603 Nine Years' War (Ireland)

1595–1621 Moldavian Magnate Wars

1596–1597 Cudgel War

1598–1599 War against Sigismund

17th century

Relief of Genoa, 1625

Action at La Hogue, 1692

1600–1629 Polish–Swedish War

1602 Savoyard escalade of Geneva

1605–1618 Polish–Muscovite War

1606–1607 Bolotnikov Rebellion

1606–1608 Zebrzydowski Rebellion

1610–1614 Spanish-Turkish War – 15,000 killed in action[1]

1610–1617 Ingrian War

1611–1613 Kalmar War

1615–1618 Uskok War

1615–1617 Spanish-Savoian War – 2,000 killed in action[1]

1617–1621 Spanish-Venetian War – 5,000 killed in action[1]

1618–1619 Spanish-Turkish War – 6,000 killed in action[1]

1618–1648 Thirty Years' War

1624–1625 Siege of Breda – Spain vs. Holland, England

1635 Siege of Leuven – Spain vs. Holland, France

1637 Battle off Lizard Point – Spain vs. Holland

1638 Battle of Getaria – France vs. Spain

1639 Battle of the Downs – Spain vs. Holland

1643 Battle of Rocroi – France vs. Spain

1648 Battle of Lens – France vs. Spain

1618–1639 Bündner Wirren

1620–1621 Polish–Ottoman War

1625 Zhmaylo Uprising

1627–1629 Anglo-French War

1628–1631 War of the Mantuan Succession

1630 Fedorovych Uprising

1632–1634 Smolensk War

1637 Pavlyuk Uprising

1638 Ostryanyn Uprising

1639–1653 Wars of the Three Kingdoms

1640–1668 Spanish-Portuguese War – 80,000 killed in action[1]

1648–1659 Franco-Spanish War – 108,000 killed in action[1]

1648–1657 Khmelnytsky Uprising

1651 Kostka-Napierski Uprising

1651–1986 Three Hundred and Thirty Five Years' War

1652–1674 Anglo-Dutch Wars

1653 Swiss peasant war of 1653

1654 First Bremian War

1654–1667 Russo–Polish War

1654–1660 English-Spanish War – 15,000 killed in action[1]

1655–1660 Second Northern War

1656 War of Villmergen

1663–1664 Austro-Turkish War

1666 Second Bremian War

1666–1671 Polish–Cossack–Tatar War

1667–1668 War of Devolution – 4,000 killed in action[1]

1670–1671 Razin's Rebellion

1672 First Kuruc Uprising

1672–1678 Franco-Dutch War – 342,000 killed in action[1]

1672–1673 Second Genoese–Savoyard War

1675–1679 Scanian War

1676–1681 Russo-Turkish War

1679 Covenanter Rebellion

1683–1684 War of the Reunions – 5,000 killed in action[1]

1683–1699 Great Turkish War – 384,000 killed in action[1]

1685 Monmouth Rebellion

1688–1697 Nine Years' War – 680,000 killed in action[1]

1689–1692 First Jacobite Rising

18th century

Battle of Denain, 1712

Battle of Fontenoy, 1745

Great Siege of Gibraltar, 1779–83

1700 Lithuanian Civil War

1700–1721 Great Northern War – 30,000 Russians killed in action[2]

1701–1713 War of the Spanish Succession – 1,251,000 killed in action[1]

1703–1711 Rákóczi's War of Independence

1707–1708 Bulavin Rebellion

1712 Toggenburg War

1714–1718 Ottoman-Venetian War

1715–1716 Jacobite rising of 1715

1716–1718 Austro-Turkish War

1718–1720 War of the Quadruple Alliance – 25,000 killed in action[1]

1722–1723 Russo-Persian War

1727–1729 British-Spanish War – 15,000 killed in action[1]

1733–1738 War of the Polish Succession – 88,000 killed in action[1]

1735–1739 Russo-Turkish War

1737–1739 Austro-Turkish War

1740–1748 War of the Austrian Succession – 359,000 killed in action[1]

1740–1763 Silesian Wars

1741–1743 Russo-Swedish War

1745–1746 Jacobite rising of 1745

1756–1763 Seven Years' War – 992,000 killed in action[1]

1757 Georgian-Ottoman Battle

1763–1864 Russo-Circassian War

1768–1772 War of the Bar Confederation

1768–1774 Russo–Turkish War

1770 Georgian–Ottoman Battle

1770 Orlov Revolt

1774–1775 Pugachev's Rebellion

1775–1783 American Revolutionary War

1778–1779 War of the Bavarian Succession

1784 Kettle War

1784–1785 Revolt of Horea, Cloșca and Crișan

1785 Battle of the Sunja

1787 Dutch Patriot Revolt

1787–1792 Russo-Turkish War

1788–1791 Austro-Turkish War

1788–1790 Russo-Swedish War

1790 Saxon Peasants' Revolt

1792 Polish–Russian War of 1792

1792–1802 French Revolutionary Wars – 663,000 killed in action[1]

1794 Kościuszko Uprising

1795 Battle of Krtsanisi

1798 Irish Rebellion of 1798

1798 Peasants' War

19th century

Battle of Marengo, 1800

Napoléon at the Battle of Austerlitz (1805), by François Pascal Simon, Baron Gérard

Battle of Akhalzic (1828), by January Suchodolski

Napoleon III at the Battle of Solferino (1859), by Jean-Louis-Ernest Meissonier

The Sea Battle of Lissa by Carl Frederik Sørensen, 1868

1803 Irish Rebellion of 1803

1803 Souliote War

1803–1815 Napoleonic Wars

1804–1813 First Serbian Uprising

1804–1813 Russo-Persian War

1806–1812 Russo-Turkish War

1808–1809 Finnish War

1809 Polish–Austrian War

1815–1817 Second Serbian Uprising

1817–1864 Russian conquest of the Caucasus

1821–1832 Greek War of Independence

1821 Wallachian uprising

1823 French invasion of Spain

1826–1828 Russo-Persian War

1827 War of the Malcontents

1828–1829 Russo-Turkish War

1828–1834 Liberal Wars

1830 Ten Days' Campaign (following the Belgian Revolution)

1830–1831 November Uprising

1831 Canut revolts

1831–1832 Bosnian Uprising

1831–1836 Tithe War

1832 War in the Vendée and Chouannerie of 1832

1832 June Rebellion

1833–1839 First Carlist War

1833–1839 Albanian Revolts of 1833–39

1843–1844 Albanian Revolt of 1843–44

1846 Galician slaughter

1846–1849 Second Carlist War

1847 Albanian Revolt of 1847

1847 Sonderbund War

1848–1849 Hungarian Revolution and War of Independence

1848–1851 First Schleswig War

1848–1849 First Italian War of Independence

1853–1856 Crimean War

1854 Epirus Revolt of 1854

1858 Mahtra War

1859 Second Italian War of Independence

1861–62 Montenegrin–Ottoman War (1861–62)

1863–1864 January Uprising

1864 Second Schleswig War

1866 Austro-Prussian War

1866–1869 Cretan Revolt

1866 Third Italian War of Independence

1867 Fenian Rising

1870–1871 Franco-Prussian War

1872–1876 Third Carlist War

1873–1874 Cantonal Revolution

1875–77 Herzegovina Uprising (1875–77)

1876–78 Serbian–Ottoman War (1876–78)

1876–78 Montenegrin–Ottoman War (1876–78)

1877–1878 Russo-Turkish War

1878 Epirus Revolt of 1878

1885 Serbo-Bulgarian War

1897 Greco-Turkish War

20th century

Explosion of the Hawthorn Ridge mine, 1 July 1916, marked the beginning of the Battle of the Somme.

Republican International Brigadiers at the Battle of Belchite, 1937

German Stuka dive bombers in the Eastern Front (World War II) 1941–45

A Soviet IS-2 tank in Leipzig during the 1953 East Germany Uprising

Icelandic patrol ship ICGV Odinn and British frigate HMS Scylla clash during the Second Cod War

A "Sniper at work" sign in Crossmaglen, a symbol of the IRA sniper campaign in South Armagh during the last stages of the Northern Ireland Troubles

UNPROFOR troops on their way up "Sniper Alley" in Sarajevo during the Bosnian War

A Russian helicopter downed by Chechen militants, during the First Chechen War

The Russian Army's Vostok Battalion in South Ossetia

1903 Ilinden–Preobrazhenie Uprising

1904–1908 Macedonian Struggle

1904–1905 Russo-Japanese War

1905 Łódź insurrection

1905 Revolution of 1905

1906–1908 Theriso revolt

1907 1907 Romanian Peasants' Revolt

1910 Albanian Revolt of 1910

1910 5 October 1910 revolution

1910 Portuguese Monarchist Civil War

1911 Albanian Revolt of 1911

1911–1912 Italo-Turkish War

1912–1913 Balkan Wars

1912–1913 First Balkan War

1913 Second Balkan War

1913 Tikveš Uprising

1913 Ohrid–Debar Uprising

1914 Peasant Revolt in Albania

1914–1918 World War I

1916 Noemvriana

1917 Toplica Uprising

1918 Judenburg mutiny

1918 Cattaro Mutiny

1918 Aster Revolution

1918 Radomir Rebellion

1918 Finnish Civil War

1916 Easter Rising

1917 Russian Revolution

1917 February Revolution

1917 July Days

1917 Polubotkivtsi uprising

1917 Kornilov affair

1917 October Revolution

1917 Junker mutiny

1917 Kerensky–Krasnov uprising

1917–1921 Russian Civil War

1917–1918 Soviet-Turkish War (1917–1918)

1917–1921 Ukrainian War of Independence

1917–1921 Ukrainian–Soviet War

1918–1919 Polish–Ukrainian War

1918–1924 Left-wing uprisings against the Bolsheviks

1918 Left SR uprising

1921 Kronstadt rebellion

1918–1922 Heimosodat

1918 Viena expedition

1918 Aunus expedition

1918–1920 Petsamo expeditions

1918–1920 National revolt of Ingrian Finns

1921–1922 East Karelian Uprising

1918–1920 Estonian War of Independence

1918–1925 Allied intervention in the Russian Civil War

1918–1920 North Russia Intervention

1918–1922 Siberian Intervention

1918 Georgian–Armenian War

1918–1920 Georgian–Ossetian conflict (1918–20)

1918–1919 Georgian-Russian conflict over Sochi

1918–1920 Armenian–Azerbaijani War

1918–1920 Latvian War of Independence

1918–1920 Lithuanian Wars of Independence

1918–1919 Lithuanian–Soviet War

1919 Lithuanian War of Independence (War against the Bermontians)

1920 Polish–Lithuanian War

1919–1921 Polish–Soviet War

1921 Georgian–Russian War

1924 Georgian Uprising against Soviet Union

1919–1920 Revolutions and interventions in Hungary (1918–20)

1918–1919 Hungarian–Romanian War

1919 Sejny Uprising

1919 Khotin Uprising

1918 Georgian–Turkish War

1918–1919 Austro-Slovene conflict in Carinthia

1918–1958 Polish–Czechoslovak border conflicts

1919 Polish-Czech war for Teschen Silesia

1918–1919 German Revolution

1918–1919 Greater Poland Uprising

1919–1923 Turkish War of Independence

1919–1922 Greco-Turkish War

1918–1921 Franco-Turkish War

1920 Turkish–Armenian War

1919–1923 Royalist and separatist revolts

1919 Christmas Uprising

1919–1920 Italo-Yugoslav War

1919–1920 Czechoslovakia–Hungary War

1919–1921 Silesian Uprisings

1919 First Silesian Uprising

1920 Second Silesian Uprising

1921 Third Silesian Uprising

1919–1922 Irish War of Independence

1920 Husino rebellion

1920 Vlora War

1920 Kapp Putsch

1920 Ruhr Uprising

1920 Slutsk Defence Action

1920–1924 Biennio Rosso

1921 Uprising in West Hungary

1921 February Uprising

1922–1923 Irish Civil War

1923 Corfu incident

1923 September Uprising

1923 Klaipėda Revolt

1923 Leonardopoulos–Gargalidis coup d'état attempt

1924 1924 Estonian coup d'état attempt

1924 August Uprising

1925 Incident at Petrich

1932 Mäntsälä rebellion

1933 Casas Viejas incident

1933 Anarchist uprising in Spain (1933)

1934 Asturian miners' strike of 1934

1934 Austrian Civil War

1935 1935 Greek coup d'état attempt

1936–1939 Spanish Civil War

1938 1938 Greek coup d'état attempt

1939 Hungarian Invasion of the Carpatho-Ukraine

1939–1965 Spanish Maquis

1939–1945 World War II

1939 Nazi German invasion of Poland

1939 Soviet invasion of Poland

1939–1940 Winter War (Soviet invasion of Finland)

1940 Battle of the Netherlands

1940 Battle of Belgium

1940 Battle of France

1940 Italian invasion of France

1940 Soviet invasion of the Baltic States

1940 Soviet occupation of Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina

1940 Battle of Britain

1940–1941 Greco-Italian War

1941–1945 Soviet–German War

1941–1944 Continuation War

1942–1956 Ukrainian Insurgent Army

1943 Italian Campaign

1944 Slovak National Uprising

1944 Warsaw Uprising

1945 Western Allied invasion of Germany

1945 Battle of Berlin

1944–1956 Guerrilla war in the Baltic states

1945–1949 Greek Civil War

1947–1962 Romanian anti-communist resistance movement

1953 Uprising in East Germany

1956 Uprising in Poznań

1956 Hungarian Revolution

1956–1962 Operation Harvest

1958 Opération Corse

1958 First Cod War

1959–2011 Basque conflict

1967 Greek coup d'état

1968 Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia

1968–1998 The Troubles

1970–1984 Unrest in Italy

1972 Bugojno group

1972–1973 Second Cod War

1974 Turkish invasion of Cyprus

1974 Carnation Revolution

1975–1976 Third Cod War

1975 Portuguese coup d'état attempt

1976–present Corsican Insurgency

1981 Spanish coup d'état attempt

1988–1994 Nagorno-Karabakh War

1989 Romanian Revolution

1990–1991 Soviet attacks on Lithuanian border posts

1991 January Events

1991 The Barricades

1991 Ten-Day War (Slovenia)

1991–1992 Georgian war against Russo-Ossetian alliance

1991–1993 Georgian Civil War

1991–1995 Croatian War of Independence

1992 Transnistria War

1992 East Prigorodny Conflict

1992–1993 War in Abkhazia

1992–1995 Bosnian War

1993 Cherbourg incident

1993 Russian constitutional crisis

1994–1996 First Chechen War

1995–1996 Imia/Kardak military crisis

1997–1998 Cyprus Missile Crisis

1997 Albanian civil war of 1997

1998–1999 Kosovo War

1998–present Dissident Irish Republican campaign

1998 Six-Day War of Abkhazia

1999 War of Dagestan

1999–2009 Second Chechen War

1999–2001 Insurgency in the Preševo Valley

21st century

2001 Georgia, Kodori crisis

2001 Insurgency in the Republic of Macedonia

2004–2013 Unrest in Kosovo

2004 unrest in Kosovo

2008 unrest in Kosovo

2011–2013 North Kosovo crisis

2004 Georgia, Adjara crisis

2004 Georgia, South Ossetia skirmishes

2006 Georgia, Kodori crisis

2007–2015 Civil war in Ingushetia

2008 Mardakert skirmishes

2008 Russia–Georgia war

2009–2017 Insurgency in the North Caucasus

2013–2014 Euromaidan and pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine

2014 Crimean crisis

2014–present War in Donbass

2015 Kumanovo clashes

2016 Nagorno-Karabakh clashes

2018 Gyunnyut clashes

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

How does the spoiler function work again... Just greying out text or is it click to reveal like in the old days here.

Edit: Ah, click to reveal. To the user above. I don't want to shit all over your post, but for the sake of scrolling for ages, I will put that list in some spoilers.

Lets test

Testing

Test

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Damedius

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46638323

The US justice department has indicted two Chinese men accused of hacking into the computer networks of companies and government agencies in Western countries.

The pair are allegedly part of a "hacking group" known as Advanced Persistent Threat 10, affiliated with China's main intelligence service.

They have not been arrested.

The US and UK have accused China of violating an agreement relating to commercial espionage.

Zhu Hua and Zhang Shilong worked for a company called Huaying Haitai and in association with the Chinese Ministry of State Security, the US court filing says.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) said that from at least 2006 until 2018, the two extensively hacked into computer systems with the aim of stealing intellectual property and confidential business and technological information from:

at least 45 commercial and defence technology companies in at least 12 US states

managed service providers (MSPs) and their government and commercial clients in at least 12 countries, including the UK, Brazil, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, India, Japan, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UAE, as well as the US

US government agencies

The FBI said they had also hacked into US Navy computer systems and stolen the personal information of more than 100,000 personnel.

FBI director Christopher Wray said the two men were at present "beyond US jurisdiction".

'Economic aggression'

Announcing the unsealing of the indictments, US Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said China had violated a 2015 agreement under which it had pledged to not engage in commercial cyber-spying.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-canada-joins-us-uk-in-calling-out-china-for-state-sponsored/

Canada has joined major allies including the United States and Britain in identifying China as the country responsible for a state-sponsored hacking campaign to steal data from military service members, government agencies and private companies in the United States and nearly a dozen other countries.

Canada’s statement from the Communications Security Establishment was not as strong as the disapproval registered by some allies. The Americans called it “outright cheating and theft,” the British said China must stop what it called “the most significant and widespread cyber intrusions against the U.K. and allies uncovered to date” and the Australians expressed “serious concern” about Beijing’s “intellectual property theft.”

The Communications Security Establishment, for its part, merely named China as responsible, saying that it is “almost certain that actors likely associated with the People’s Republic of China (PRC) Ministry of State Security (MSS) are responsible for the compromise … beginning as early as 2016."

The international censure of China comes amid increasing diplomatic tension with Canada over potential Chinese state influence in this country’s networks. Ottawa has been weighing whether to allow China’s flagship tech company, Huawei Technologies, to supply gear for next-generation 5G mobile networks. Chinese law requires companies in China to “support, co-operate with and collaborate in national intelligence work” as requested by Beijing. Three of Canada’s closest military and intelligence allies – the United States, Australia and New Zealand – have already barred Huawei from these future networks for national security reasons.

U.S. officials in Washington on Thursday accused two Chinese citizens acting on behalf of China’s main intelligence agency of leading the hacking operation. The two Chinese citizens in this global hacking campaign are accused of breaching computer networks in a broad swath of industries, including aviation and space, banking and finance, oil and gas exploration and pharmaceutical technology. U.S. prosecutors say they also compromised the names, Social Security numbers and other personal information of more than 100,000 U.S. Navy workers.

I think this trade war is only going to keep escalating. China is the new enemy number one.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Damedius

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/27/white-house-considering-executive-order-to-bar-huawei-zte-purchases.html

White House considering new executive order to bar Huawei, ZTE purchases

President Donald Trump is considering an executive order in the new year to declare a national emergency that would bar U.S. companies from using telecommunications equipment made by China’s Huawei and ZTE, three sources familiar with the situation told Reuters.

It would be the latest step by the Trump administration to cut Huawei Technologies and ZTE, two of China’s biggest network equipment companies, out of the U.S. market. The United States alleges that the two companies work at the behest of the Chinese government and that their equipment could be used to spy on Americans.

The executive order, which has been under consideration for more than eight months, could be issued as early as January and would direct the Commerce Department to block U.S. companies from buying equipment from foreign telecommunications makers that pose significant national security risks, sources from the telecoms industry and the administration said.

While the order is unlikely to name Huawei or ZTE, a source said it is expected that Commerce officials would interpret it as authorization to limit the spread of equipment made by the two companies. The sources said the text for the order has not been finalized.

The executive order would invoke the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, a law that gives the president the authority to regulate commerce in response to a national emergency that threatens the United States.

The issue has new urgency as U.S. wireless carriers look for partners as they prepare to adopt next generation 5G wireless networks.

The order follows the passage of a defense policy bill in August that barred the U.S. government itself from using Huawei and ZTE equipment.

Huawei and ZTE did not return requests for comment. Both in the past have denied allegations their products are used to spy.

The White House also did not return a request for comment.

The Wall Street Journal first reported in early May that the order was under consideration, but it was never issued.