Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

How do you feel like this will shape the war now that Ukraine is showing they can/will strike back on Russian soil. Close to Moscow even with one of their bombings hitting a nearby airbase.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/06/world/europe/ukraine-drone-strikes-russian-bases.html

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46278 Posts

I want to see neither Ukranian nor Russian civilians be victims of Putin's war. But war always ends up like this and innocents get hurt.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

I don't know what to think about this. I certainly don't welcome escalation, but it seems like they are trying to disable the bombers that are attacking civilian infrastructure.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Smart move.

Strategically, taking out Russian long-range bombers and attack aircraft that have been hammering Ukrainian civilian and military infrastructure is a good idea.

Politically, so long as the war stays off of Russian soil, Putin will just keep sending troops in to the detriment of Ukraine and Russia. With attacks occurring on Russian soil now, it brings the war home and makes it a bit more real not just for the servicemen but also for civilians in proximity to these bases.

As always, I hope no civilians are caught in the crossfire but Russia has already crossed that line many times over, so I don't think we can really tiptoe around that so much. The Ukrainians seem to be fighting this war fairly clean though and I hope they maintain that.