UK diplomatic cables: Trump is a moron.

• 77 results
#51 Edited by jeezers (3039 posts) -

@baelnergal: if the comparison was to only say sometimes systems in government are replaced with other systems of government.... Then sure, anything more than that.. agree to disagree.

What started this back n forth between you and me was refering to the 13 colonies as seperate nations. In a conversation related to the EU.

#52 Posted by BaelNergal (319 posts) -

@jeezers The 13 colonies were, prior to the Constitution, different nations united by a confederation. I linked the full Articles of Confederation up above; go read it.

And it was brought up to criticize an example related to the discussion of establishing the EU.

#53 Posted by Kadin_Kai (505 posts) -

@Jacanuk It is true, the European Union was founded in 1993. Before that, it was not the European Union. You could try Google or Bing to look it up yourself. Search, “when was the European Union founded” the answer would be 1 November 1993.

The Euro currency was widely adopted in 1999. I was at University at the time, I remember my Spanish friends worrying about it.

So what am I talking about? I am talking about facts. What are you talking about?

#54 Posted by Kadin_Kai (505 posts) -

@Jacanuk: The European Union was founded 1 November 1993.

You asked me what I am talking about, my answer would be historical facts.

What the hell are you talking about?

#55 Posted by rmpumper (654 posts) -

@kadin_kai said:

@Jacanuk:

What the hell are you talking about?

Whatever makes him look right, duh. Don't you know MAGA tactics?

#56 Posted by Kadin_Kai (505 posts) -

Sorry I posted twice, problem with my browser lately

#57 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166636 posts) -

No one should be surprised by this. He demonstrates that daily to everyone.

#58 Posted by Jacanuk (18616 posts) -
@kadin_kai said:

@Jacanuk It is true, the European Union was founded in 1993. Before that, it was not the European Union. You could try Google or Bing to look it up yourself. Search, “when was the European Union founded” the answer would be 1 November 1993.

The Euro currency was widely adopted in 1999. I was at University at the time, I remember my Spanish friends worrying about it.

So what am I talking about? I am talking about facts. What are you talking about?

You keep repeating the same nonsense over and over.

Let´s be clear here EEC involved into what is now the EU with the Maastricht treaty which does not mean that it was founded in 1992. You are talking complete BS here.

And as to the EURO, part of the treaty signed by the members in 92 was among other things the euro which if you knew anything about the EU and how it works, means that every single country has the right to go back and vote on the matter. Which is why the UK and Denmark and later Sweden all said no.

#59 Edited by Horgen (120645 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@sealionact said:

@Jacanuk: Really, you're just trying to argue a point. The EEC is not the EU. The EU was formed in 1993....please do some research. The EEC or Common market was solely an organisation aimed at financial and economic integration. It is absolutely not the same as the EU, which is way more of an attempt to create a United States of Europe. Of course there's been other treaties, but there has been one Maastricht treaty which initiated the European Union.

Euro started in 99....not in 92. Nothing happened in 92.

You may want to stop trying to pretend to know EU history.

The 12 countries in the current EEC signed a treaty to further the EEC and form a more closely knitted European community, part of that plan was among other things the EURO which the UK, Norway and later Sweden who joined in 95 all turned down.

But thanks for showing up and giving us all a good laugh.

Norway never said no to Euro. Should I say thanks for the good laugh?

@Jacanuk said:

Does not matter if EEC was limited in the scope of what it is today.

Saying the EU was formed in 1992 under the Maastricht treaty is being careless with the truth, when in fact all it was, was a name change and an organisational change to further the plan to make one EUS.

It does matter. With the Maastricht treaty, EU was formed. EEC itself would never become EU. EEC is one of three pillars that forms EU. I guess the 13 colonies were US then.

Edit: Can we now get back on topic?

#60 Posted by comp_atkins (35751 posts) -
@jeezers said:

@sealionact: If the idea is to make the EU similiar to the united states, I dont think its a good comparison, our states have always been apart of one country, European countries have seperate cultures and languages.

By blurring your borders and implementing this overseeing set of rules you have weakened your countries soverighnty to be apart of this other system.

Why even have a brittain, germany, netherlands, Greece, Italy, france?? Why not get rid of your flags at that point, you already got rid of your nations currency for a universal one. If you want to be the United states, then get rid of calling yourself seperate countries, the unites states is one country.

Get rid of all the seperate nations altogether, seperate laws and systems, and unite it under one government with one flag. Get rid of the words german, Italian, brittish, just call yourselves European and fly the EU flag at the point.

If the EU wants to be like the USA. You need to be one country.

so does west virginia...

#61 Edited by Kadin_Kai (505 posts) -

@Jacanuk As I said, the European Union was founded in 1993. Its a FACT!

I said/wrote/typed the European Union (EU). Not the European Economic Community (EEC). Different things.

This is a FACT that everyone in the world accepts.

What is wrong? Use any search engine, and type: “When was the European Union founded”, it will give you the answer: 1 November 1993.

If the European Union was not founded on 1 November 1993, then when was the European Union founded and provide some real data.

Please enlighten us. Show is something real that says the European Union was founded on a different date.

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-history-of-the-european-union-1221595

#62 Posted by jeezers (3039 posts) -

@comp_atkins said:
@jeezers said:

@sealionact: If the idea is to make the EU similiar to the united states, I dont think its a good comparison, our states have always been apart of one country, European countries have seperate cultures and languages.

By blurring your borders and implementing this overseeing set of rules you have weakened your countries soverighnty to be apart of this other system.

Why even have a brittain, germany, netherlands, Greece, Italy, france?? Why not get rid of your flags at that point, you already got rid of your nations currency for a universal one. If you want to be the United states, then get rid of calling yourself seperate countries, the unites states is one country.

Get rid of all the seperate nations altogether, seperate laws and systems, and unite it under one government with one flag. Get rid of the words german, Italian, brittish, just call yourselves European and fly the EU flag at the point.

so does west virginia...

lol fair enough, New Jersey as well

#63 Posted by comp_atkins (35751 posts) -
@jeezers said:
@comp_atkins said:
@jeezers said:

so does west virginia...

lol fair enough, New Jersey as well

exactly

#64 Posted by topgunmv (10770 posts) -

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

#65 Posted by sonicare (56775 posts) -

I would like to personally apologize to the UK. I'm embarassed by our president.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
#66 Posted by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -

:

@sonicare said:

I would like to personally apologize to the UK. I'm embarassed by our president.

then by all means, move there, leave the US to real americans

#67 Posted by warmblur (2553 posts) -

@sonicare said:

I second this Trump is U.S biggest mistake.

#68 Posted by Nuck81 (7649 posts) -

@burntbyhellfire: is everyone who doesn't like the president not a real American?

#69 Posted by N64DD (11925 posts) -
@Nuck81 said:

@burntbyhellfire: is everyone who doesn't like the president not a real American?

If you don't like Trump, you're not a real German. Only people that serve can be citizens!

#70 Edited by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -

nope, im not a fan of trumps either, but apologizing for the mouth of some british twat who since lost their job because they couldnt remain professional, is straight up gutless.. if you truly feel that way, move so you dont feel "embarassed" because some foreigner doesnt like who we selected

america first, or gtfo and move to a country you can get behind

#71 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10795 posts) -

I love how Trump shit talks other leaders all the time, but when it comes time to take criticism he whines about it. Trump is everything he said, plus more.

#72 Posted by Kadin_Kai (505 posts) -

@sonicare

No need to apologise to the British. They do not dislike Americans, they just dislike your President. This is true for the vast majority of the world.

#73 Posted by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -

we elected trump to put americans first.. not the rest of the world, so the rest of the world not liking trump means less than jack shit to me.. they should focus on their own leaders running their own countries down the shitter

#74 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166636 posts) -

@burntbyhellfire said:

:

@sonicare said:

then by all means, move there, leave the US to real americans

Real Americans stand up when something is wrong and attempt to correct it. Cult members follow the leader without questioning.

#75 Posted by watercrack445 (1674 posts) -

@sonicare said:

It can also go around, if Boris Johnson gets elected.

#76 Posted by sonicare (56775 posts) -
@burntbyhellfire said:

we elected trump to put americans first.. not the rest of the world, so the rest of the world not liking trump means less than jack shit to me.. they should focus on their own leaders running their own countries down the shitter

Unfortunately Trump puts himself first, his businesses second, foreign dictators third, and the US country dead last.

#77 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166636 posts) -

@sonicare said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

Unfortunately Trump puts himself first, his businesses second, foreign dictators third, and the US country dead last.

Correct and concise. The US is far down the list for trump.