vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii became the 12th Democratic presidential candidate to qualify for the October debateafter a poll released on Tuesday showed her with 2 percent support in New Hampshire.

In order to earn a spot on the stage in Ohio next month, candidates must procure donations from 130,000 people and earn at least 2 percent support in four qualifying polls. Ms. Gabbard passed the donor threshold in early August but is only now getting her fourth qualifying poll, a week before the Oct. 1 deadline set by the Democratic National Committee.

Thanks to her standing in the poll released Tuesday, a Monmouth University survey of New Hampshire voters likely to participate in the Democratic presidential primary, Ms. Gabbard will be invited to join the 10 candidates who participated in the September debate,along with Tom Steyer, the billionaire and former hedge fund investor, who has also qualified. The debate will be held at Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio, on Oct. 15 and possibly Oct. 16, and will be hosted by CNN and The New York Times.

It is not yet clear whether the debate will take place over two nights, but Ms. Gabbard’s inclusion adds to that possibility. The June and July debates featured 20 candidates evenly split over two-night events; after the D.N.C. tightened its qualification requirements for the fall, the debate this month was held with 10 candidates on a single evening.

http://archive.is/QqD9N

So they may(will) split the debates. Take a guess who they won't put on the same stage as Tulsi. My guess it will be Mrs. High Cheekbones... hahaha.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin: Im pleased by this news, but yeah your right, after what she did to Kamala i don't see them putting Tulsi with Warrren, cant risk it. (imo Tulsi is the only one who could actually beat trump)

Warren is their golden goose now, Biden got caught up in that Ukraine bs lol, warren was always plan B.

Alot of this going on

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Tulsi! Tulsi! Tulsi!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Wow... so despite all the efforts to keep her out of the debates she STILL somehow makes it through? XD

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

She would make good Republican pet.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

@jeezers: You think Tulsi could beat Trump? I like her, but she is way to calm for the modern American public. She has a very "Presidential" demeanor that would have served her well if she ran in the 90's. Nowadays we want candidates who yell more.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@judaspete: I do think she could beat Trump, what is Trump going to attack her on? Her calm demeanor is a strength, she serves, Trump didnt, shes a woman, shes young, theres no real dirt on her, her record is strong, Her policys are honestly a little to far left imo, But i dont see Trump getting an upperhand on her, I dont even get why "progressives" cheer on the beer drinkin indian over Tulsi, Warren is a shill for the oldguard and she will lose to Trump if elected, hillary 2.0.

I'm not saying Tulsi would Beat Trump for sure 100%, im saying she has the best chance out of the bunch.

As far as the yelling I like that she doesnt, but could could probably pull it off better off than biden or sanders if she wanted too, biden cant keep his dentures straight and Bernie yells alot, but its always "the one percent" "wallstreet" same ole song and dance, Bernies chance was 2016 and the DNC rejected him, hes to old now and warren and the others bascally just tried to copy his platform after seeing how well he did in 2016, poor old bastard, god bless him.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Does anyone see the problem with her having to essentially prove her worth to the media in order for her to debate? This isn't the nutjob mayor of NYC or some other obtuse candidate.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

It's probably not great for your prospects for becoming president when you're just barely qualifying for the next debate.

Good for her and all that, but unless something substantial changes I don't see her making it much further.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

Can't imagine why anyone at sub 5% support is still on, save to be a spoiler or waste money. She doesn't have a snowball's chance at vp, much less the actual nomination.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

@Vaasman: It's her first time running for president, and she's still young. She won't make it far this time, but it will get her name out there and increase her chances of going farther a decade down the line.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@Serraph105 said:

It's probably not great for your prospects for becoming president when you're just barely qualifying for the next debate.

Good for her and all that, but unless something substantial changes I don't see her making it much further.

She's only 38. Unlike many people on the stage, she will be able to run again years or decades from now, or whenever we decide to fund terrorists to smash Assad's face and turn yet another middle east country into a hotbed of extremism.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@Serraph105 said:

She's only 38. Unlike many people on the stage, she will be able to run again years or decades from now, or whenever we decide to fund terrorists to smash Assad's face and turn yet another middle east country into a hotbed of extremism.

Sure, but I'm talking about this election cycle, not some unclear years ahead in the future.

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#14 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 491 Posts

Castro is already on the verge of dropping out since he has such a slim chance of making the fourth debate. Booker is planning on dropping out because he is running out of money, I expect him and Castro to announce the end of their campaigns within days of each other.

Gabbard, I admit I am not too familiar with since I support Andrew Yang, got by with the skin of her teeth. She isn't gonna make the next stage of debates. She probably has the donors but she is polling at .9% nationwide. Just being realistic here folks, Her days are numbered and she knows it. What will benefit her is that they'll split the debate up into two nights and she can go hard against either Harris or Warren. If you're gonna go down, Go down swinging.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts
@Vaasman said:

Can't imagine why anyone at sub 5% support is still on, save to be a spoiler or waste money. She doesn't have a snowball's chance at vp, much less the actual nomination.

She may even get primaried out.

Not supporting impeachment in a >D+20 district is downright stupid. She has a pretty good primary challenger too.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:

She may even get primaried out.

Not supporting impeachment in a >D+20 district is downright stupid. She has a pretty good primary challenger too.

Oh. nevermind, she flipped on impeachment.

Must have been that primary challenger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

As a foreigner, Tulsi is probably my favourite choice for President. She seems to be the only one with actual foreign policy experience and is making that the cornerstone of her campaign, unlike the others. There is a woeful lack of global issues in the Democratic debates like the rise of China, which is after climate change the most pressing global issue, the new cyber warfare frontier and how the US government will react, Russia, NATO, etc. etc.

However, her past views of being staunchly LGBT are a huge red flag for me. And the fact that she has little to no real support in the DNC or the voter base, despite roasting the falling Kamala Harris in that one debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@leicam6: Where were you born? Or you meant Tulsi, in which she borne in the USA, American Samoa.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41526 Posts
@watercrack445 said:

She would make good Republican pet.

Yep... the media is making the same mistakes they did with Taliban Trump. Still, I refuse to give RSS Tulsi my vote UNLESS I have to (and for one thing only: it's easier to impeach someone in the Democratic Party than it is a Republican).

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Who?