Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Lmao this guy lies so much. Is it so hard to tell the truth these days?

He even repeated a few of these zingers today again, especially the laughable joke that he has already built "much of the Wall". What a goon.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/trumps-border-blunders/

• Trump tweeted that “Mexico is paying for the Wall” through the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement. But, as we wrote last month, economists told us there are not enough new benefits to the U.S. in the new trade agreement — which has yet to be ratified by Congress — to pay for the wall.
  • In the same tweet, Trump falsely claimed that “Much of the Wall has already been renovated or built.” Very little new fencing has been constructed under Trump, and none of it is the type he promised during the campaign.
  • At a cabinet meeting, Trump claimed the wall “probably would pay for itself in a month or two because we lose pretty close to $250 billion on illegal immigration.” There is no support for that figure, which is double another disputed estimate from a conservative group. Plus, such figures are for immigrants already living in the country illegally.
  • The president also repeated his claim that the wall is needed to “halt [the] deadly inflow of drugs,” even though experts — including those within his administration — say the vast majority of illicit drugs from Mexico escapes undetected in cars and trucks traveling through legal ports of entry.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

If he has already built much of the wall, why shut the government down over it now? Just continue like you are today and keep building it. He obviously managed to do so for a year or two already.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
@horgen said:

If he has already built much of the wall, why shut the government down over it now? Just continue like you are today and keep building it. He obviously managed to do so for a year or two already.

He hasn't built his wall. They have been doing renovations on existing wall but I think that started pre trump.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, not sure what you want to debate here

But let´s just get that funding and build that wall and see how well it works.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

He hasn't built his wall. They have been doing renovations on existing wall but I think that started pre trump.

I know. But it seems Trump can't decide if he has or hasn't done it yet.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk: I never said debate.

@Jacanuk said:

But let´s just get that funding and build that wall and see how well it works.

Nah.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

He's shutting down the government as he's crying about a wall that most of don't want, but also said we shouldn't have to pay for in the first place!

This is the brilliant logic of our dear leader.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@Jacanuk: being that they just found the largest underground tunnel it's clear it won't work.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@dreman999 said:

@Jacanuk: being that they just found the largest underground tunnel it's clear it won't work.

You think that the tunnel is for the illegals? or do you think it´s for the special cargo missions the cartel is doing.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

lol, aside from the first all those fact checks only justify stronger border security

@dreman999 said:

So does this.

What are we gonna do, if not a wall? Most of the country believes that illegal immigration is a problem. Let's see some ideas, or is this more orange man bad, with no prevailing counterpoints (i.e. the entire Democratic platform)

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin: Its been shown that most illegal immigrants come over legally, but then they overstay their visas, making them illegal.

What's your precious wall going to do about that? Or have you conveniently forgotten that fact?

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@dreman999: Although a wall alone would not be perfect it would certainly reduce the amount of illegals.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic

@blackhairedhero said:

@dreman999: Although a wall alone would not be perfect it would certainly reduce the amount of illegals.

Ah yes the old illegals sneaking in by moonlight ideology. Hey most illegals LEGALLY enter the country and then over stay a visa. A wall does NOT stop that. It just wastes taxpayer money better spent on healthcare, education, and infrastructure. But don't let logic get in the way.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 horgen  Moderator

Wouldn't a better funded border patrol take most of what crosses the border over land?

I mean, isn't most illegal immigration happening that way simply driving across the border on a road built by both countries?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jacanuk

@horgen said:

Wouldn't a better funded border patrol take most of what crosses the border over land?

I mean, isn't most illegal immigration happening that way simply driving across the border on a road built by both countries?

Nope, if you consider the size of the Mexican/American border and the terrain, it will take a force 1000 times bigger than the current amount of border agents and 10 times more costly than a wall to properly secure the border. Not forgetting the weather.

And not sure where most illegal immigration happen to cross but I think it´s pretty spread over the entire border

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
@horgen said:

Trump is looking to get rid of the wall's magical properties, where it's size and effectiveness keep changing depending on what press release he's at. Sometimes it's a build well under way, sometimes it isn't started, sometimes it's 99% effective, sometimes terrorists are regularly walking in. Who really knows?

At any rate as I've mentioned before a wall in and of itself is a completely wasted effort. Neverminding the amount of work and funding that would be needed to actually effectively wall off the southern border, we also have to consider that many illegal immigrants fly, tunnel, boat, or come in via smuggling through legal channels. If we aren't expecting to make a wall 300 miles tall, 2 miles deep, that also covers the coasts, how effective are we really expecting a wall to be?

This funding needs to be transferred into more manpower, better access to surveillance technology. More importantly though we should also be funding relief efforts/education for nations where people are immigrating from, because if we aren't cutting out the roots we can always expect the weeds to return.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Nope, if you consider the size of the Mexican/American border and the terrain, it will take a force 1000 times bigger than the current amount of border agents and 10 times more costly than a wall to properly secure the border. Not forgetting the weather.

And not sure where most illegal immigration happen to cross but I think it´s pretty spread over the entire border

It will also take quite a bit more than $4-5billion to make a wall that actually encloses it all.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia
@vl4d_l3nin said:

lol, aside from the first all those fact checks only justify stronger border security

Interesting opinion. But I'm just dealing with facts at the moment, Trump was wrong or lied (as usual).

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

It will also take quite a bit more than $4-5billion to make a wall that actually encloses it all.

And that is why we should not build the Chinese wall but build a wall in the right places and use high tech surveillance as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

At this point I would just give in and pass the 5 billion dollars bill. I don't know if it will stop the illegal immigration or not but oh well, it will end the shutdown. We can't continue being like this as a nation. One day the bubble will burst.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
@watercrack445 said:

At this point I would just give in and pass the 5 billion dollars bill. I don't know if it will stop the illegal immigration or not but oh well, it will end the shutdown. We can't continue being like this as a nation. One day the bubble will burst.

The problem is America has a precedent where we do not negotiate with terrorists.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

Only 25% support the wall, and that number is lower than the 38% by this point last year. Trump is doing this for no other reason than to see it as a big victory. For democrats this means his approval rating will get bigger and his chances for re-elction pretty much confirmed. In no way are they going to do that.

Oh and btw, Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall. Period. If anything, considering the number is at 25% this hurts Trump, even in the long-term. He really isn't winning this battle. He has to cave in.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

And that is why we should not build the Chinese wall but build a wall in the right places and use high tech surveillance as well.

In other words, increased funding to ICE and border patrols.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

@Vaasman said:

The problem is America has a precedent where we do not negotiate with terrorists.

America just arms and trains them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

@watercrack445 said:

Right give in to the baby having a temper tantrum. That always works well. No children I assume..........

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@watercrack445 said:

Right give in to the baby having a temper tantrum. That always works well. No children I assume..........

Trump has children himself, yet he acting like one now. :P

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zaryia
@watercrack445 said:

At this point I would just give in

This is the last thing we need. People will use government shutdowns as a threat to get what they want more and more. It's already bad enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@watercrack445 said:

I don't know what this had to do with my post.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horgen  Moderator

@watercrack445 said:
@Vaasman said:
@watercrack445 said:

I don't know what this had to do with my post.

It implies someone is a terrorist.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Among other things like building the wall, sure.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

I genuinely feel that there are enough idiots in this country that a crowd-sourced attempt at building, at the very least some sections, the wall would be fine.

Or stop calling it a "wall" and call it a barrier or fence or something. "Wall" sounds so Great Wall of China-like...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaryia
@mrbojangles25 said:

I genuinely feel that there are enough idiots in this country that a crowd-sourced attempt at building, at the very least some sections, the wall would be fine.

Or stop calling it a "wall" and call it a barrier or fence or something. "Wall" sounds so Great Wall of China-like...

Well Trump won't stop calling it a wall even though it likely isn't a wall at this point, and not very long either. It would make his delusional base mad that he lied about a big concrete wall.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@zaryia said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Well Trump won't stop calling it a wall even though it likely isn't a wall at this point, and not very long either. It would make his delusional base mad that he lied about a big concrete wall.

Trump can't back down from this whole situation. He put all his eggs in one basket.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@n64dd: Then he has to find a way to pin the destructive consequences on the Democrats. Wapo reported that the administration realized last week how deep the effects would be - hundreds of billions of dollars by end of March - and panicked because they'd already taken ownership of it and Trump kept insisting on doubling down.

If those goes on long enough the pain can get severe. More importantly for Trump, many of those will effect cornerstones of his claims to a good job - economy and stock market.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@n64dd: Then he has to find a way to pin the destructive consequences on the Democrats. Wapo reported that the administration realized last week how deep the effects would be - hundreds of billions of dollars by end of March - and panicked because they'd already taken ownership of it and Trump kept insisting on doubling down.

If those goes on long enough the pain can get severe. More importantly for Trump, many of those will effect cornerstones of his claims to a good job - economy and stock market.

The longer he goes with it, the worse it'll look for him. When it starts affecting middle/lower class hard, it'll piss off people. I don't see this ending well for people.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:

That's one twitter tweet and you got one third of the country blaming the Democrats for it.

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Among other things like building the wall, sure.

Repair and improve the fence that is already there. If it needs to be expanded some places, do so. Trump is so stuck getting his wall that he seems to ignore the other things he could.