Trump's approval @Gamespot

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

6278

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

Poll Trump's approval @Gamespot (83 votes)

Approve 19%
Disapprove 70%
Don't know/won't answer/are you CIA? 11%

So, president of the Earth keeps on his glorious path towards... somewhere. This time on top of his amazing stand-up skills, we had the "mother of all bombs" and we all know how people love some good killing! Plus we all know now that he is completely, 100%, innocent of the Russian thing!

Last time Trump got around 30% approval. But don't get fooled by those numbers. Those were the biggest, the highest low numbers ever, the best!

 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

2510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

Daily liberal circle jerk thread incoming

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
nepu7supastar7

6209

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#2 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6209 Posts

It's going to be fun watching Trump's legacy as president get dismantled by the next. I look forward to that day.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
Jacanuk

20281

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, judging from the topics on this board up to, during and after the election, i would be very surprised if the arrow didn´t point to negative when asked about how Trump is doing.

Avatar image for n64dd
N64DD

13167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@iwilson1296 said:

Daily liberal circle jerk thread incoming

Pretty much.

Avatar image for horgen
horgen

125851

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 125851 Posts

It would be interested in splitting it into US citizen yes/no and non US citizen yes/no.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

51803

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 51803 Posts

@n64dd said:
@iwilson1296 said:

Daily liberal circle jerk thread incoming

Pretty much.

Maybe here, but outside not so much; read an article the other day and it says most Trump voters actually are happier with Trump now than before. Very few regret voting for Trump.

Conversely, Clinton voters show remorse* and many wish they voted for someone else (2% wished they voted for Trump!). This is mostly due to her losing, however, as nobody likes casting a vote for a loser and when asked people generally go "Yeah I should have voted for ____________"

*This was obviously a retroactive poll, so it is natural for their to be "buyer's remorse" shown in the polling so you can't take it that seriously. But the Trump approval is very telling.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

174389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 174389 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@n64dd said:

Pretty much.

Maybe here, but outside not so much; read an article the other day and it says most Trump voters actually are happier with Trump now than before. Very few regret voting for Trump.

Conversely, Clinton voters show remorse* and many wish they voted for someone else (2% wished they voted for Trump!). This is mostly due to her losing, however, as nobody likes casting a vote for a loser and when asked people generally go "Yeah I should have voted for ____________"

*This was obviously a retroactive poll, so it is natural for their to be "buyer's remorse" shown in the polling so you can't take it that seriously. But the Trump approval is very telling.

Odd. What I've been reading is remorse from Trump voters in those articles.

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
nepu7supastar7

6209

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6209 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

Maybe some but most are still in denial and are saying that they're glad Trump is president. I think it'll take until he leaves office that those conservatives will finally admit that they voted in a dud.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

51803

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 51803 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@n64dd said:

Pretty much.

Maybe here, but outside not so much; read an article the other day and it says most Trump voters actually are happier with Trump now than before. Very few regret voting for Trump.

Conversely, Clinton voters show remorse* and many wish they voted for someone else (2% wished they voted for Trump!). This is mostly due to her losing, however, as nobody likes casting a vote for a loser and when asked people generally go "Yeah I should have voted for ____________"

*This was obviously a retroactive poll, so it is natural for their to be "buyer's remorse" shown in the polling so you can't take it that seriously. But the Trump approval is very telling.

Odd. What I've been reading is remorse from Trump voters in those articles.

Interesting. this was a Washington Post article, too, so you'd think there'd be that [alleged] bias everyone screams their heads off about, if there was to be any.

Just goes to show what bullshit statistics and polling is. They should call it "bull'ing", amirite? nyuk nyuk nyuk...

*cuz it bullshit.

Avatar image for AFBrat77
AFBrat77

26848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

The 98% approval from Trump voters just reminds us that much of the Trump voters are nutty fanatics that don't engage in critical thinking.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
Jacanuk

20281

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@mrbojangles25:

The 98% approval from Trump voters just reminds us that much of the Trump voters are nutty fanatics that don't engage in critical thinking.

Of course.

And we all know the only ones who have the right answer to everything is Clinton and Liberal Voters :)

Avatar image for judaspete
judaspete

5183

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#12 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@mrbojangles25:

The 98% approval from Trump voters just reminds us that much of the Trump voters are nutty fanatics that don't engage in critical thinking.

Of course.

And we all know the only ones who have the right answer to everything is Clinton and Liberal Voters :)

In our defense, not many people had very positive things to say about Clinton, we just thought she was a better choice than Trump. But it's hard to argue her first hundred days wouldn't have gone more smoothly.

Avatar image for Shewgenja
Shewgenja

21456

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

No healthcare reform.

Broke promise and rolled back lgbt protections.

Wall is being taxpayer funded.

Got involved in Syria.

Getting involved in North Korea.

Getting involved in Iran.

No tax loopholes being closed.

Executive Branch brought to you by Goldman-Sachs.

Poorly framed and anticonstitutional travel bans being passed/summarily rejected in courts passed as a domestic defense policy.

No sign of the national debt decreasing.

Back-tracked on a trade re-nogotiation with China first chance he got.

No dissolution of NATO.

................

Forget liberals for a second. What promise to the mouth-breathers has he actually kept? I feel like Hillary is president, still. How bou dah?

Watching Trump backtrack on his promises to his supporters is a gift that keeps giving. They are like abused girlfriends standing by their man because they "know" things will get better. I sincerely thank all of you for the next four years of uncanny amusement.

Avatar image for AFBrat77
AFBrat77

26848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@judaspete:

I think she would have made a good president, it's just too many people, probably many of which were naive millenials, got caught up in the Republican crap about emails. They dropped the ball, and as a result of their screwup we get this bum, who I guarantee is more corrupt than Hillary and still clueless about what he's doing. He is unfit, and she would have been more than capable of handling the presidency for 4 years. People dropped the ball in this election, and our standing in the world has dropped also. Well, at least Russia got who they wanted, certainly not the voting majority here. And where are his taxes, ALL of his taxes, not just the year that's passable.

The one positive thing about Trump is he seems to be learning a bit, but he remains unfit for the job at this point, and I'm certain he lacks the intelligence to grasp all of it anyways. Expect the generals to run the show.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
Jacanuk

20281

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@judaspete said:
@Jacanuk said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@mrbojangles25:

The 98% approval from Trump voters just reminds us that much of the Trump voters are nutty fanatics that don't engage in critical thinking.

Of course.

And we all know the only ones who have the right answer to everything is Clinton and Liberal Voters :)

In our defense, not many people had very positive things to say about Clinton, we just thought she was a better choice than Trump. But it's hard to argue her first hundred days wouldn't have gone more smoothly.

Picking Clinton would be 4-8 years more of Obama politics.

And when it comes to middle america , that would have been a very poor thing.

So democrats could have picked anyone put Clinton and they would have won, but they choose to go with someone with the charisma of a wet cat dragged in after a weeks trashbin.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
Jacanuk

20281

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#16 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@judaspete:

I think she would have made a good president, it's just too many people, probably many of which were naive millenials, got caught up in the Republican crap about emails. They dropped the ball, and as a result of their screwup we get this bum, who I guarantee is more corrupt than Hillary and still clueless about what he's doing. He is unfit, and she would have been more than capable of handling the presidency for 4 years. People dropped the ball in this election, and our standing in the world has dropped also. Well, at least Russia got who they wanted, certainly not the voting majority here. And where are his taxes, ALL of his taxes, not just the year that's passable.

The one positive thing about Trump is he seems to be learning a bit, but he remains unfit for the job at this point, and I'm certain he lacks the intelligence to grasp all of it anyways. Expect the generals to run the show.

Think you got that backwards.

18-25 was heavly voting for Clinton.

It´s the 35-80+ groups who went for Trump because they knew that 8 years with Obama did nothing good.

Avatar image for Shewgenja
Shewgenja

21456

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#17 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Roffl. People think Trump is doing something for fly-over-state America, still? Like what, exactly? Those people will be affected the most when the social safety net collapses under the weight of Republican malfeasance.

Avatar image for tjandmia
tjandmia

1205

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 1205 Posts

Fake president idiot is a disaster, just as normal people predicted.

Avatar image for mark1974
mark1974

4261

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

In some ways I'm happy Hillary isn't our president and representing the Democrat party and damaging it. She does not represent the left very well. I'm happy to let Trump be the face of Republicanism. Only the crazy and clueless fringe on the right are going to support him no matter what and think he did a good job. Independants should swing left in the future one could assume. The damage to the party should be yuge and I'm ok with that. When Republicans cannot accomplish anything even though they control all branches of government that has to leave an impression. I hope I'm not overestimating people's common sense. None the less, I still want Trump to find some measure of success because the health of our economy is more important that partisanship. I would actually praise him if he brought back manufacturing and increased the wealth and size of the middle class. I don't think that will be happening and even his unhinged supporters should hold him to that.

Avatar image for AFBrat77
AFBrat77

26848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Jacanuk:

I think much of the 18-25 millenials didn't even bother to vote, because their boy Bernie didn't make the cut. It didn't matter how much Bernie tried to get people to vote for Hillary, they just didn't vote. It also didn't matter how much the Obamas pushed for Hillary, many black Americans wouldn't vote for her. As a result of that screwup we get a clown like Trump. People can vote for anyone they want of course, but the people that didn't vote shouldn't be protesting Trump. As Obama said, don't boo,.....vote.

Avatar image for ferrari2001
ferrari2001

17772

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#21 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@Jacanuk:

I think much of the 18-25 millenials didn't even bother to vote, because their boy Bernie didn't make the cut. It didn't matter how much Bernie tried to get people to vote for Hillary, they just didn't vote. It also didn't matter how much the Obamas pushed for Hillary, many black Americans wouldn't vote for her. As a result of that screwup we get a clown like Trump. People can vote for anyone they want of course, but the people that didn't vote shouldn't be protesting Trump. As Obama said, don't boo,.....vote.

Exactly, it also doesn't help that the democratic party has lost it's way. The whole big business model of fundraising doesn't work for democrats. They need to come back to the grassroots movements and again work for, not against the people. Bernie Sanders did this and it's one of the reasons he had the success he did.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
Jacanuk

20281

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#22 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@Jacanuk:

I think much of the 18-25 millenials didn't even bother to vote, because their boy Bernie didn't make the cut. It didn't matter how much Bernie tried to get people to vote for Hillary, they just didn't vote. It also didn't matter how much the Obamas pushed for Hillary, many black Americans wouldn't vote for her. As a result of that screwup we get a clown like Trump. People can vote for anyone they want of course, but the people that didn't vote shouldn't be protesting Trump. As Obama said, don't boo,.....vote.

I think you are right :)

a lot of the college 18-25 were to busy crying and hugging each other in safe spaces to bother to go vote, they could not fathom in their small world that Trump would win.

Not even Clinton saw this coming, after all she did order a victory boat with fireworks lol :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

6278

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#23 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Seems like here at GS Trump's approval will be at a new low. Amazing the contrast with the 98% in the real world.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

16815

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 16815 Posts

@iwilson1296 said:

Daily liberal circle jerk thread incoming

Look at Trump's approval rating. Look at any comedy show. Look at anything anyone outside of USA says. Look at any scientific organization.

If you think it's just "liberals", you're a buffoon and should really stop listening to Alex Jones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

2510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

@zaryia: i see a bunch of angry liberal babies who really don't like not getting their way , but please , enjoy the circle jerk if it makes the butthurt less painful ...and i don't listen to Alex Jones and for the most part i'm not terribly interested in what many outside of the US says about US politics. You're obsessed with Trump and its sad, continue to get the butthurt therapy from your likeminded and biased liberal comedy shows if it helps justify your obsession. Trump is the president, maybe try getting over it and move on with your life,

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

16815

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 16815 Posts

@iwilson1296 said:

@zaryia: i see a bunch of angry liberal babies who really don't like not getting their way , but please , enjoy the circle jerk if it makes the butthurt less painful ...and i don't listen to Alex Jones and for the most part i'm not terribly interested in what many outside of the US says about US politics. You're obsessed with Trump and its sad, continue to get the butthurt therapy from your likeminded and biased liberal comedy shows if it helps justify your obsession. Trump is the president, maybe try getting over it and move on with your life,

What you just stated makes no sense. Rather than arguing you threw out random far right talk radio insults, neither of which actually tackle any of the issues stated in this thread. You can not possibly say Trump's approval rating is the lowest in history due to "liberals". That statistically is impossible.

1. I am not a liberal. It doesn't take a liberal to see how dumbfuck it is to think climate change is a Chinese conspiracy, among other idiotic things. That merely takes someone who understand simple science. It doesn't take a liberal to see how bad the repeal and replace thing objectively failed. Or the Sanctuary Cities block. Or the travel ban block. Or the border wall issues. Or his administration's regressive attitude towards pot which the entire country is scratching their heads on. Pointing out facts and factual issues with the president doesn't make a person "a butt hurt liberal" or "biased". I know it's the far right "thing", but stop being so scared of data and science. Those aren't Liberal things.

2. Discussing a new, extremely volatile, and frankly oddball president in a Political forum doesn't make you obsessed. It's a fucking Political forum. I know far right/conservatives have lower education, as studies show, but holy shit.....wow. Think before you type next time.

3. He's a laughing stock everywhere. Every comedy show, not just "liberal" ones. Every country. The entire world is a "butt hurt liberal"? Have you seen his approval rating? It's the lowest in history for a new President. I mean, you have to ask yourself if normal people actually just think Trump is a dipshit rather than "teh libruhls".

4. People are over it, and getting on with their lives. There was never a stop to their lives. Posting on an internet forum isn't hard. That doesn't mean they won't talk shit when the President does objectivelydumb stuff. It's not hard to do, look at his approval rating. That doesn't mean EPA members won't tweet climate change data that was banned. That doesn't mean other people in power won't have an effect, look at all of his orders being blocked. Maybe you should stay out of any political forums that isn't called Breitbart or Fox, because other than far right sites NONE will be kind to Trump based off of his performance. He's being shat on everywhere for a reason.

So, Is most of America and most of the World just "circle jerking liberals"? Or are you just being a fucktard who labels people for disrespecting your "Dear Leader"?

Now lets discuss the issues rather than attacking a majority of the planet, shall we? Do you agree with his administrations stance on climate and cannabis? How about abortion?

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
ArchoNils2

10534

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

He's an orange psychopath (led by a drunken Nazi) who throws a tantrum with no strategy at all ... exactly what Republicans wanted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

6278

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#29 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@ArchoNils2: I think it's unfair so say that Trump is the Rep dream. The record low approval for a new president shows that. Until now he is showing to be completely incapable of achieving anything at all. He is extremely erratic and unable to uphold any kind of strategy.

Right now he's only hope is N Korea, because historically wars/conflict help turn approval. Though that's also a problem for him since one of his main promises was that the US would stop wasting money on these kind of things. Plus, if he starts pouring resources into overthrowing their gov he'll basically be doing china's dirty work, and will be seen once again as just a puppet easy to manipulate by US biggest rivals, (first Russia, now china)

Avatar image for JimB
JimB

3270

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3270 Posts

@killered3 said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Maybe some but most are still in denial and are saying that they're glad Trump is president. I think it'll take until he leaves office that those conservatives will finally admit that they voted in a dud.

He was a better choice than Hillary.

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
nepu7supastar7

6209

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#31 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6209 Posts

@JimB:

I dunno about that yet. Remains to be seen.

Avatar image for PraetorianMan
PraetorianMan

2073

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@n64dd said:
@iwilson1296 said:

Daily liberal circle jerk thread incoming

Pretty much.

Maybe here, but outside not so much; read an article the other day and it says most Trump voters actually are happier with Trump now than before. Very few regret voting for Trump.

Conversely, Clinton voters show remorse* and many wish they voted for someone else (2% wished they voted for Trump!). This is mostly due to her losing, however, as nobody likes casting a vote for a loser and when asked people generally go "Yeah I should have voted for ____________"

*This was obviously a retroactive poll, so it is natural for their to be "buyer's remorse" shown in the polling so you can't take it that seriously. But the Trump approval is very telling.

This was just discussed on the recent fivethirtyeight podcast. The problem with that poll is that most people who regret voting for trump aren't going to admit that they voted for trump in the first place to pollsters, basically eliminating themselves from that statistic. There is a measurable amount of Trump regret just based on how his favorability has shown a clear downward trend, even with very conservative polls. His absolute favorability may vary with poll to poll, but basically all show a downward movement.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

51803

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 51803 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@n64dd said:
@iwilson1296 said:

Daily liberal circle jerk thread incoming

Pretty much.

Maybe here, but outside not so much; read an article the other day and it says most Trump voters actually are happier with Trump now than before. Very few regret voting for Trump.

Conversely, Clinton voters show remorse* and many wish they voted for someone else (2% wished they voted for Trump!). This is mostly due to her losing, however, as nobody likes casting a vote for a loser and when asked people generally go "Yeah I should have voted for ____________"

*This was obviously a retroactive poll, so it is natural for their to be "buyer's remorse" shown in the polling so you can't take it that seriously. But the Trump approval is very telling.

This was just discussed on the recent fivethirtyeight podcast. The problem with that poll is that most people who regret voting for trump aren't going to admit that they voted for trump in the first place to pollsters, basically eliminating themselves from that statistic. There is a measurable amount of Trump regret just based on how his favorability has shown a clear downward trend, even with very conservative polls. His absolute favorability may vary with poll to poll, but basically all show a downward movement.

that's interesting and all, but given how wrong the "smart" polls were during the election, I am more inclined to go with the simplistic polls.

I want to be prepared for 8 years of Trump :(

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

174389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 174389 Posts

@JimB said:
@killered3 said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Maybe some but most are still in denial and are saying that they're glad Trump is president. I think it'll take until he leaves office that those conservatives will finally admit that they voted in a dud.

He was a better choice than Hillary.

That doesn't appear to be true. Just a narrative conservatives use to hide the fact that they can't run a country.

Avatar image for n64dd
N64DD

13167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@n64dd said:
@iwilson1296 said:

Daily liberal circle jerk thread incoming

Pretty much.

Maybe here, but outside not so much; read an article the other day and it says most Trump voters actually are happier with Trump now than before. Very few regret voting for Trump.

Conversely, Clinton voters show remorse* and many wish they voted for someone else (2% wished they voted for Trump!). This is mostly due to her losing, however, as nobody likes casting a vote for a loser and when asked people generally go "Yeah I should have voted for ____________"

*This was obviously a retroactive poll, so it is natural for their to be "buyer's remorse" shown in the polling so you can't take it that seriously. But the Trump approval is very telling.

This was just discussed on the recent fivethirtyeight podcast. The problem with that poll is that most people who regret voting for trump aren't going to admit that they voted for trump in the first place to pollsters, basically eliminating themselves from that statistic. There is a measurable amount of Trump regret just based on how his favorability has shown a clear downward trend, even with very conservative polls. His absolute favorability may vary with poll to poll, but basically all show a downward movement.

That's a cute assumption.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

2510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

@zaryia: @zaryia: get over yourself hypocrite , I called out a pointless circle jerk thread for what it is, go back to "not being" obsessed over Trump

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

16815

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 16815 Posts

@iwilson1296 said:

@zaryia: @zaryia: get over yourself hypocrite , I called out a pointless circle jerk thread for what it is, go back to "not being" obsessed over Trump

It's not a pointless circle jerk thread. It's stating a fact (Trump's low approval rating) and then wondering if the same sentiment remains on this forum.

It seems you're taking offense at any data you do not like. That is putting emotion of facts, that is dumb. You are dumb. The right does this with climate change, cannabis, evolution, net neutrality, vaccines, aids, condoms, etc. You seem really obsessed and angry about a political forum talking about politics. Maybe you should go back to General?

Now shall we discuss Trumps approval rating rather than going all straw man on the posters of this thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

2510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

@zaryia: I like how you get defensive and try and turn it around on me. I have no real personal interest in this but I know for a FACT there are plenty of people that are still really upset that they lost the election and the ones that are are the ones who are getting the most upset about me saying anything here. I do find it amusing how a lot of certain people seem to just need their daily fix of Trump bashing so they feel better, be it in these threads and certain comedy shows that they agree with or other outlets that share their opinion that they so prominently use as some sort of proof of their opinion. No need to get so upset just because I'm not interested or upset enough to jump on the Trump hate bandwagon.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

16815

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 16815 Posts

@iwilson1296 said:

@zaryia: I like how you get defensive and try and turn it around on me. I have no real personal interest in this but I know for a FACT there are plenty of people that are still really upset that they lost the election and the ones that are are the ones who are getting the most upset about me saying anything here. I do find it amusing how a lot of certain people seem to just need their daily fix of Trump bashing so they feel better, be it in these threads and certain comedy shows that they agree with or other outlets that share their opinion that they so prominently use as some sort of proof of their opinion. No need to get so upset just because I'm not interested or upset enough to jump on the Trump hate bandwagon.

You seem interested, you keep posting in these threads and avoiding the subject/issues by attacking the posters.

It's a fact that his approval rating is the lowest for a new president. This isn't bias and bashing, it's data.

Facts > You.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

2510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

@zaryia: ri thought I explained myself clearly, and responding to responses is attacking now ?, cry more with the victim rhetoric. You seem a bit trump obsessed for rational thought. You really seem to need that trump bashing fix , get help

Avatar image for Kruiz_Bathory
Kruiz_Bathory

4765

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#41 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I liked him at first but his change on many issues has me disappointed. Basically, everyone is on the same leash yet we think we're really free.

Avatar image for mark1974
mark1974

4261

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@Kruiz_Bathory: Honestly he was changing his views all the time as a canidate as well. You could find two opposing views from him on nearly any subject. I spent a lot of time here demonstrating that with his own quotes during the campaign. It's awesome that you are not brainwashed and can critisize him and see through his bullshit. A lot of his supporters struggle with that.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

174389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 174389 Posts

@iwilson1296 said:

@zaryia: @zaryia: get over yourself hypocrite , I called out a pointless circle jerk thread for what it is, go back to "not being" obsessed over Trump

You know what this forum is about....right? Because you seem lost.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

16815

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 16815 Posts

@iwilson1296 said:

@zaryia: ri thought I explained myself clearly, and responding to responses is attacking now ?, cry more with the victim rhetoric. You seem a bit trump obsessed for rational thought. You really seem to need that trump bashing fix , get help

You're literally the only one playing the victim card in two threads now. Instead of dealing with the data presented in the actual topics you whine about people making Trump "attack" threads.

The fact that you would call a simple Approval Poll a "liberal circle jerk" means you already knew the outcome was going to be bad. Is this is how little faith you have in your Dear Leader? I guess you knew the horrific outcome after seeing his nation wide approval rating.

Yes, people are going to discuss a new the President in a political forum. That isn't obsession. Are you a nut case?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

2510

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

nothing i have said has seems to have sunk in still and has gone over your head completely, ya still think Trump is my "dear leader"?, and you specifically are the one i believe is obsessed, ya got really defensive over me questioning anything and wanna reply on both threads, are you a psycho?

Avatar image for garywood69
garywood69

518

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

He's not been particularly good so far. He's a bit all over the place.

Although I'm still waiting for the impending holocaust and installation of a dictatorship that the loonbags on the Left tried to scare everyone with.

The evidence so far suggest that he'll just a fairly poor/average president and won't accomplish much. It's hardly the end of the world.

Avatar image for garywood69
garywood69

518

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

@zaryia said:
@iwilson1296 said:

Daily liberal circle jerk thread incoming

Look at Trump's approval rating. Look at any comedy show. Look at anything anyone outside of USA says. Look at any scientific organization.

If you think it's just "liberals", you're a buffoon and should really stop listening to Alex Jones.

That's not a very meaningful metric of anything. Comedy shows and scientific organisations were generally against him from the start. That's got nothing to do with any kind of current job performance. It's mostly down to personality types. Very few people like Trump tend to be comedians or scientists.

As for foreign countries disliking him: also not a great metric for anything. A country like Saudi Arabia disliking Trump more than Clinton is a positive thing. A large number of countries around the world you shouldn't actually want their approval. Is China, a country who heavily mistreats their own people, preferring Clinton really a criticism of Trump?

Someone like Trump generally doesn't come across very well in Europe, that's true. Although a large part of that is personality. You just don't get many successful people like Trump in europe. It's much less to do with policy, as you can see by the popularity of Le Pen and Wilders. A recent poll in the UK showed that Le Pen is equally as popular in the UK as she is in France too:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/04/28/brits-split-whether-macron-or-le-pen-presidency-wo/

The bottom line is you need to give more context to this stuff. The dislike of Trump as a person is very different than a dislike of his policies. Some of his policies, like ending sanctuary cities, have massive support: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320487-poll-americans-overwhelmingly-oppose-sanctuary-cities

Avatar image for garywood69
garywood69

518

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

@eliminatorpaige said:

Trump is the worst president ever. Liberals took the day off and racism won.

So what racism has he enacted while in office then?

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
R3FURBISHED

12408

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#50 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

There is no coming back from this

Not to mention the constant anti-science actions and rhetoric coupled with strong disdain for the environment.