Trump's Approval back to near record lows, Disapproval at record high.

• 102 results
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

39%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Like his first year (which was a HISTORIC low for Presidents). That's actually very bad. And if you don't really care about 538 Aggregate,

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/23/trump-government-shutdown-approval-rating-1119877

Poll: Shutdown, Russia drive Trump to all-time high disapproval

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

Why is it so high? It needs to be much lower.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

He is winning at something at least. :P

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I'm shocked that its still that high. Hard to believe nearly 40% of people approve of this clown....

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Holy shit! George HW was 82%?

Even George W. Was higher then Obama. Didn't expect that as the left hated him as well.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

Holy shit! George HW was 82%?

Even George W. Was higher then Obama. Didn't expect that as the left hated him as well.

Lmao at this deflection.

RoyMepham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoyMepham
Member since 2002 • 33 Posts

@dreman999:

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@dreman999: "Why is it so high?"

Ah, you got there before me.

This shutdown isn't going so well. How much do you think Trump is regretting this moment right about now

Loading Video...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zaryia
@RoyMepham said:

lmao meme shitposts.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Zaryia must be bored again.

Oh, and let´s predict this thread.

Zaryia and the usual suspects come out and see this as a disaster, not remembering the 500 other poll posts during the last year they have made with similar ratings.

Oh, and the normal response from them as well, calling anyone who disagrees "snowflakes/deflectors/etc...."

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Zaryia must be bored again.

Deflection Post that in no way deals with my OP, and Ad-Hominem. But to react to your silly post, I'm not bored, I saw this in some head lines and simply posted here.

You appear to be trying your hardest to do anything but talk about the actual thread topic. As expected.

@Jacanuk said:

Zaryia and the usual suspects come out and see this as a disaster,

I'm just stating data. Please do not get mad at me for stating facts. Facts do not care about your feelings.

@Jacanuk said:

not remembering the 500 other poll posts during the last year they have made with similar ratings.

It's not my fault Trump's approval/disapproval have constantly not been good and get so bad that they catch headlines every few months.

@Jacanuk said:

calling anyone who disagrees"snowflakes/deflectors/etc...."

Saying you disagree with the data while offering zero sourcing for such a wild claim is denial, not disagreement. And then changing topics to Obama is by definition deflection. Are you suggesting I used the word incorrectly?

Post counter citation or please stop crying.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Trump: "I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any votes"

Someone who say's something like that should be lynched from the White House.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk

@plageus900 said:

Trump: "I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any votes"

Someone who say's something like that should be lynched from the White House.

A bit late to the party?

The campaign was kinda a while back now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I never approved of him, year 1 was like eh, but I'm at point where I feel like this has gone on long enough, and I completely disapprove.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: Deflection? I don't suffer from TDS like you. You post daily about him and honestly it's kinda pathetic. It's the reason people like me voted for him. To watch people like you have meltdowns for 4 years and ohhhh was it worth it!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

Deflection Post that in no way deals with my OP, and Ad-Hominem. But to react to your silly post, I'm not bored, I saw this in some head lines and simply posted here.

You appear to be trying your hardest to do anything but talk about the actual thread topic. As expected.

I'm just stating data. Please do not get mad at me for stating facts. Facts do not care about your feelings.

It's not my fault Trump's approval/disapproval have constantly not been good and get so bad that they catch headlines every few months.

Saying you disagree with the data while offering zero sourcing for such a wild claim, and then changing topics to Obama is by definition deflection. Are you suggesting I used the word incorrectly?

Post counter citation or please stop crying.

Sorry if I wanted to enter into a debate like this again I would go slam my head into the wall a hundred times first or just go post in any of the countless other spam threads you and your group have made about the same topic.

Like this one

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/quinnipiac-poll-trump-drops-to-new-low-33-approval-33400683/

Or this

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/trump-approval-rating-lowest-in-70-years-33398737/?page=1

or this

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/trumps-approval-ratings-sink-again-33411576/

or this

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/trumps-approval-rating-drops-6-points-in-one-week--33393621/

I could continue but I hope you get the point.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: Deflection?

Yes. You've made two posts in this thread and none of them have had anything to do with the facts listed in the OP.

Would you like to discuss the OP now? Or are you still scared?

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: Your thread doesn't even setup a debate or any criteria for a debate. This is why you never win. You have to clearly setup your parameters on what point your trying to prove or disapprove and this is something you NEVER do.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Sorry if I wanted to enter into a debate like this again I would go slam my head into the wall a hundred times

Then why did you keep entering these fact based news the threads and keep posting off-topic spam in them?

And you've never debated in these poll threads. You just cry and whine because Trumps approval/disapproval is always shit. All of those threads you get trampled on.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@dreman999 said:

Why is it so high? It needs to be much lower.

Agreed

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: Your thread doesn't even setup a debate or any criteria for a debate.

This isn't a debate forum, and not every thread has to be a debate. I was just posting facts/news to discuss.

I'm sorry if this made you and Jacanuk so angry. Not everything is rainbow and sunshines, there will be time to time news you don't like that you can't factually counter. In these circumstances just don't post instead of trying to derail the thread with personal attacks and doing everything in your power to avoid the OP.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: You just asked me to debate you. Yet your thread had nothing to debate. So wtf are you blabbering about?

It sounds like your TDS has got to you again.

If I was Trump or a Trump fan I wouldn't be to worried about approval ratings in the middle of a government shutdown. That's obviously not going to help your ratings. I would also look at the approval ratings of powerful leaders who strongly oppose him and see that theirs are actually far lower. What this tells me is that the alternative to Trumps beliefs( which Is globalization) is actually doing far worse in every country that has choose to go down that path.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@tocool340 said:

I'm shocked that its still that high. Hard to believe nearly 40% of people approve of this clown....

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

If I was Trump or a Trump fan I wouldn't be to worried about approval ratings in the middle of a government shutdown. That's obviously not going to help your ratings. I would also look at the approval ratings of powerful leaders who strongly oppose him and see that theirs are actually far lower. What this tells me is that the alternative to Trumps beliefs( which Is globalization) is actually doing far worse in every country that has choose to go down that path.

Thanks for finally discussing the OP after 4 posts.

You could be right to a degree. But his approval/dispapproval aren't that great oustide of the shutdown either.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Sorry if I wanted to enter into a debate like this again I would go slam my head into the wall a hundred times

Then why did you keep entering these fact based news the threads and keep posting off-topic spam in them?

And you've never debated in these poll threads. You just cry and whine because Trumps approval/disapproval is always shit. All of those threads you get trampled on.

You really need to go learn some statistics 101, and also please learn the difference between opinions and facts, you always in both this and SW seem to mix them up.

@zaryia said:
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: Your thread doesn't even setup a debate or any criteria for a debate.

This isn't a debate forum, and not every thread has to be a debate. I was just posting facts/news to discuss.

I'm sorry if this made you and Jacanuk so angry. Not everything is rainbow and sunshines, there will be time to time news you don't like that you can't factually counter. In these circumstances just don't post instead of trying to derail the thread with personal attacks and doing everything in your power to avoid the OP.

Are you ok? Gamespot is a debate forum not a social club for backscratchers.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

You really need to go learn some statistics 101

Please post counter citation for the data I posted in the OP. Show me how they are wrong.

@Jacanuk said:

Discussion forums, as stated on the Forum front page. It's fine to just post news and data, not always a confrontational debate questions. Either way, deflection and going off-topic isn't cool.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

You really need to go learn some statistics 101

Please post counter citation for the data I posted in the OP. Show me how they are wrong.

@Jacanuk said:

Discussion forums, as stated on the Forum front page. It's fine to just post news and data, not always a confrontational debate questions. Either way, deflection and going off-topic isn't cool.

What is a poll? a simple question and you should be able to answer.

Oh and......... so you at least agree it´s a debate forum.

debate

/dɪˈbeɪt/Submit

noun

1. a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote.

"last night's debate on the Education Bill"

Synonyms: discussion, exchange of views, discourse, parley; More

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk:

Do you agree with the polling data in the OP or not? If not, can you provide counter data? I'm not really interested in your off-topic stuff.

Trump has a very low approval and record high disapproval. Agree?

@Jacanuk Oh and......... so you at least agree it´s a debate forum.

Discussion Forum, as objectively listed by GS. There is a literal difference between debate and discussion, I thought this was obvious as I learned this in 8th grade. But here is some insight,

The distinction between debate and discussion goes back to Plato. Roughly speaking, debating was what the sophists were engaged in, which was a sort of performance. Socrates was an advocate of discussions - which he called “dialectic”, a precursor to what Aristotle termed as “logic”.

As a general rule, a debate is about

• Making the audience agree with you (mostly through the employment of rhetorical devices)
  • Avoiding any change in your expressed opinion
  • Winning. That is, getting your way in the end.

Discussions are in this sense the opposite:

• Cooperative exploration of the merits of an argument or proposition
  • Actively seeking to change your own opinion
  • Both parties win or lose together: If the discussion devolves into a debate (as often happened with Socrates), both have lost.

To argue can be conceived as the neutral, descriptive term, denoting the activity of presenting propositions backed by some form of justification. Engaging in both discussions and debates are ways of arguing, and context dictates which mode of argumentation is most appropriate.

https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/uploadedFiles/schools/paintbranchhs/signature/DiagloguevDebate018.pdf

Regardless, Deflection in either is bad. Stay on topic please.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

So 40% of Americans are either idiots or nasty bigots? How reassuring.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

@Jacanuk:

Do you agree with the polling data in the OP or not? If not, can you provide counter data? I'm not really interested in your off-topic stuff.

Trump has a very low approval and record high disapproval. Agree?

@Jacanuk Oh and......... so you at least agree it´s a debate forum.

Discussion Forum, as objectively listed by GS. There is a literal difference between debate and discussion, I thought this was obvious as I learned this in 8th grade. But here is some insight,

The distinction between debate and discussion goes back to Plato. Roughly speaking, debating was what the sophists were engaged in, which was a sort of performance. Socrates was an advocate of discussions - which he called “dialectic”, a precursor to what Aristotle termed as “logic”.

As a general rule, a debate is about

• Making the audience agree with you (mostly through the employment of rhetorical devices)
  • Avoiding any change in your expressed opinion
  • Winning. That is, getting your way in the end.

Discussions are in this sense the opposite:

• Cooperative exploration of the merits of an argument or proposition
  • Actively seeking to change your own opinion
  • Both parties win or lose together: If the discussion devolves into a debate (as often happened with Socrates), both have lost.

To argue can be conceived as the neutral, descriptive term, denoting the activity of presenting propositions backed by some form of justification. Engaging in both discussions and debates are ways of arguing, and context dictates which mode of argumentation is most appropriate.

https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/uploadedFiles/schools/paintbranchhs/signature/DiagloguevDebate018.pdf

Regardless, Deflection in either is bad. Stay on topic please.

Are you really trying to argue against a worldwide Oxford/Cambridge accepted definition and try to make up some arbitrary own meaning? come on Zeryia try not to troll so hard.

And you missed the question, what is a poll? how does it find the data? come on you know the answer.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: Well they are better then those leaders who strongly oppose his views. Macron is at a mere 23% for an example. And Merkel is below 30%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1O30MD

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/28/angela-merkel-germany-elections-eu-europe

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Are you really trying to argue against a worldwide Oxford/Cambridge accepted definition and try to make up some arbitrary own meaning? come on Zeryia try not to troll so hard.

No. I'm telling you for a fact a discussion and a debate are not literally 100% the same thing. Every single dictionary in the planet, including Oxford and Cambridge, has different definitions for the 2 - with debate being more confrontational and "winner" based in nature. Hence there being some forums labeled debate sections and discussion sections.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/discussion

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/debate

Even your source agrees with me. Oh and thinking Socrates and Plato are trolls now? Luls.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, DEFLECTING IN EITHER IS LAME.

@Jacanuk said:

And you missed the question, what is a poll? how does it find the data? come on you know the answer.

Approval and Disapproval polls are the opinions of the American Public. But the results are objective data. It's the opinion of ~39% Americans that Trump is not doing a good. It's the opinion of ~57% Americans that Trump is doing a bad job. The bolded is objective. The italicized is subjective.

I'm not sure you understand how any of this works. Can you disprove my OP or not? Are they wrong to state most Americans Disaprove of Trump? Are they wrong to state a minority Approve of Trump?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

No. I'm telling you for a fact a discussion and a debate are not literally 100% the same thing. Hence there being some forums labeled debate sections and discussion sections.

Even your source agrees with me. Oh and thinking Socrates and Plato are trolls now? Luls.

@Jacanuk said:

Approval and Disapproval polls are the opinions of the American Public. But the results are data. It's the opinion of ~39% Americans that Trump is not doing a good. It's the opinion of ~57% Americans that Trump is doing a bad job. The bolded is objective. The italicized is subjective.

I'm not sure you understand how any of this works. Can you disprove my OP or not?

So you are telling me that you can misread and still try to argue for something despite sources clearly stating the obvious which is not what you say. IE the definition of trolling.

debate

See definition of debate

NOUN

1‘I would welcome a debate on the reforms’

SYNONYMS

discussion, exchange of views, discourse, parley

argument, dispute, wrangle, altercation, war of words

arguing, argumentation, wrangling, sparring, disputation, dissension, disagreement, controversy, contention, conflict, disharmony

negotiations, talks

dialogue, comment, interest

informal confab, powwow, rap session

rare velitation, contestation"

Good, so you know polls are opinions, therefore the data while the number may be a fact, does not represent facts, it represents opinions. So you are trying to debate opinions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk:

LOL the mental gymnastics trump supporters do.............

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

So you are telling me that you can misread and still try to argue for something despite sources clearly stating the obvious which is not what you say. IE the definition of trolling.

While they are similar, Debate and discussion are literally not the same exact thing. Oxford agrees with me. Plato agrees with me. Socrates agrees with me. Every day use of the 2 words agree with me. One is more confrontational and formal, and issues a "winner", and the other promotes an exchange of ideas or neutrality. For example, most threads in the "General" section are Discussion. Most in "System Wars" are debate. Surely you know this?

http://www.gcorr.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/comparing_debate_discussions_dialogue-3.pdf

Can you refute any of the above data points? Believe it or not, every time you are wrong (which is quite often) does not mean the other party is trolling.

@Jacanuk said:

Good, so you know polls are opinions, therefore the data while the number may be a fact, does not represent facts, it represents opinions. So you are trying to debate opinions.

I'm not debating the opinions. I'm stating facts. Whether these people are correct or not isn't up to me to say. I'm telling you for a fact that a majority of Americans disprove of Trump. A minority of Americans approve of Trump.

You have offered zero counter citation for this data, aka the poll results.

Would you like to tell me how you feel about most Americans not approving of Trump and most of them disapproving of him? How can Trump turn this around? What do you think is causing this?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

No biggie. Trump gets to use the slogan ‘Democrats don’t care about border security’ when he campaigns in 2 years and it’ll cement him reelection. Regardless of where your stance is on the wall, you have to admit border security is still important.

Oh, and lol at polls. Sure are an accurate judge of outcome, right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Sevenizz said:

No biggie. Trump gets to use the slogan ‘Democrats don’t care about border security’ when he campaigns in 2 years and it’ll cement him reelection. Regardless of where your stance is on the wall, you have to admit border security is still important.

And trump is derailing a plan to increase it. And he's making airports less safe.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I don’t think you know how slogans work. Regardless of a plan, he still gets to use it and it’s quite damning.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Sevenizz said:

@LJS9502_basic: I don’t think you know how slogans work. Regardless of a plan, he still gets to use it and it’s quite damning.

Slogans only work on the uneducated.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

While they are similar, Debate and discussion are literally not the same exact thing. Oxford agrees with me. Plato agrees with me. Socrates agrees with me. One is more confrontational and formal, and issues a "winner", and the other promotes an exchange of ideas. Surely you know this?

http://www.gcorr.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/comparing_debate_discussions_dialogue-3.pdf

Can you refute any of the above data points? Believe it or not, every time you are wrong (which is quite often) does not mean the other party is trolling.

@Jacanuk said:

I'm not debating the opinions. I'm stating facts. Whether these people are correct or not isn't up to me to say. I'm telling you for a fact that a majority of Americans disprove of Trump. A minority of Americans approve of Trump.

You have offered zero counter citation for this data, aka the poll results.

Would you like to tell me how you feel about most Americans not approving of Trump and most of them disapproving of him? How can Trump turn this around? What do you think is causing this?

Do you understand what a synonym is?

Good, then this is a debate forum as much as it is a discussion forum.

Also, you are just posting random numbers which have nothing debatable about it, since it´s based on opinions and not actual facts.

And it would be so easy to post any numbers of polls done which have Trump way above 40%, But it would be pointless since it´s all representative of opinions from sources that cannot be corroborated in any way.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zaryia
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

Well Trump's base is among the most uneducated in a long time.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

And Trump loves the poorly educated.....

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

Sure it is

And especially shitty things like "Yes we can" or #metoo etc. etc. etc....

But good you finally saw the light and see the left for what it is.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Also, you are just posting random numbers which have nothing debatable about it, since it´s based on opinions and not actual facts.

And it would be so easy to post any numbers of polls done which have Trump way above 40%, But it would be pointless since it´s all representative of opinions from sources that cannot be corroborated in any way.

They aren't random numbers.

I will state for a fact a majority of Americans disapprove of Trump and a minority of Americans approve of him. The current numbers show 39% and 55% aggregate averages. These averages are typically highly reliable for National Opinion, as shown in prior elections when compared with results.

I will take this objective data over your subjective and unsubstantiated views.

P.S. I'm glad you agree this is objectively labeled a Discussion forum (I can post screenshots of proof if you want), and as such not all threads have to be formatted as a confrontational Debate.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

I will state for a fact a majority of Americans disapprove of Trump and a minority of Americans approve of him. The current numbers show 39% and 55% aggregate averages. These averages are typically highly reliable for National Opinion, as shown in prior elections when compared with results.

P.S. I'm glad you agree this is objectively a Discussion forum, and not all threads have to be formatted as a confrontational Debate.

Well, then let´s take this poll

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

44% approve of Trump

So clearly his rating is not "record lows" in fact it´s close to his election result.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

P.S. I'm glad you agree this is objectively a Discussion forum, and not all threads have to be formatted as a confrontational Debate.

Well, then let´s take this poll

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

44% approve of Trump

So clearly his rating is not "record lows" in fact it´s close to his election result.

Rasmussen is usually quite a bit higher for Trump, and an outlier. The aggregate is more reliable.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

Rasmussen is usually quite a bit higher for Trump, and an outlier. The aggregate is more reliable.

You can´t have it both ways.

Either polls are accurate or they merely based on opinions and one opinion is as good as the next.

44% is a "fact" according to your logic.

You may have another "fact" but that is the problem right.

We could also take Realclear which I know you adore.

Donald Trump40.756.0-15.3
Nancy Pelosi34.647.2-12.6
Mitch McConnell24.747.7-23.0
Chuck Schumer28.340.8-12.5
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dreman999

@RoyMepham: dude. You clearly did not read the topic.

Let help you.

Trump's approval is at 39%.

That's lower. Me asking why it's so high is me wanting a lower grading even lower.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

You can´t have it both ways.

Either polls are accurate or they merely based on opinions and one opinion is as good as the next.

Poll results are not based off of pollster opinion. They are the facts their survey and methodology gave them. One pollsters methodology is as good as the next. The issue in this example is, Rasmussen's results are usually off the mark and not the most accurate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/ C+

They typically steer well off the averages (in favor of Trump) and less than inaccurate final results.

And yes, I agree with that RCP aggregate. Trump isn't doing so hot in either disapproval or approval, much like the 538 aggregate. One of the worst for a President in history.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dreman999

@Jacanuk: 1.dude you don't get it.

Rasmussen is a poll by republicans of mostly republicans. It's going to be high because the report gets its data from more republicans then the others.

Praising it rating of 44% for trump is better or more vailed misses the point that in a mostly republican poll he still has a low approval rating.

2. Also what you are listing are averages over time. It adds polls from months age with it not polls coming out around the same time. That does not gauge approval well being that it changes over time. It adds how people felt from a month ago with how people feel now. That does not scale approve at all. If fact trump's appoval average starts from 12\11