Trumps 4th of July parade bankrupts security budget.

#1 Posted by warmblur (2536 posts) -

The Fourth of July event cost the city $1.7 million from emergency planning and security fund.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/dc-security-fund-is-bankrupt-from-trump-events-other-expenses.html

#2 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166620 posts) -

No surprise. When you don't pay taxes then you don't care if the money is wasted.

#3 Posted by Jacanuk (18608 posts) -

Yawn.

Nice spin there.

#4 Posted by Solaryellow (4955 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

Yawn.

Nice spin there.

No mention of the protests by the o.p.? The article said those cost the city money too.

Certainly D.C. loves the money it receives from tourism by those who see our government among other things. There are some trade-off's.

#5 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166620 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

Yawn.

Nice spin there.

No mention of the protests by the o.p.? The article said those cost the city money too.

Certainly D.C. loves the money it receives from tourism by those who see our government among other things. There are some trade-off's.

The protests were in response so they are in fact part of the total cost spent. No parade then you wouldn't have protests against the parade.

#6 Posted by Solaryellow (4955 posts) -

The fact remains how a group of children protested (because Trump bad man) thus costing the city money. No one made them protest. I understand how and why you give them the benefit of the doubt.

#7 Posted by N64DD (11925 posts) -
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

Yawn.

Nice spin there.

The protests were in response so they are in fact part of the total cost spent. No parade then you wouldn't have protests against the parade.

That's some mental gymnastics there man.

#8 Posted by Heirren (1581 posts) -

People were protesting a ***4th of July*** parade? Lol wtf is wrong qith people.

#9 Edited by watercrack445 (1666 posts) -

I hope they file for bankruptcy

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
#10 Posted by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic

so you're blaming the intolerance and bigotry of a bunch of self hating white privileged kids on the parade? do you believe we should cancel all celebrations, holidays, close down all monuments, and eliminate our flag so we dont hurt their sensitivities as well?

#11 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166620 posts) -

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That's not mental gymnastics. That's logic. I see why you guys are confused.

#12 Posted by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -

antifa are fascists

#13 Posted by N64DD (11925 posts) -
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That's not mental gymnastics. That's logic. I see why you guys are confused.

The protesting is the protesters fault. I know you're not used to accountability. :P

#14 Posted by Drunk_PI (2804 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

Yawn.

Nice spin there.

What's the spin? Care to explain?

Oh wait...

You can't. :( It's okay. Trumpettes in damage control already.

#15 Posted by Nuck81 (7648 posts) -

The orange nutsuckers are so desperate to deflect they are comparing costs of putting up barricades to the cost of driving tanks down main Street and multiple air Force squadron fly overs.

#16 Posted by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

The orange nutsuckers are so desperate to deflect they are comparing costs of putting up barricades to the cost of driving tanks down main Street and multiple air Force squadron fly overs.

which part of that do you think the city bankrupted their fund paying for?

#18 Posted by Sevenizz (3911 posts) -

Lol @ nbc as a source...of anything.

#19 Posted by foxhound_fox (97973 posts) -

@burntbyhellfire said:

antifa are fascists

#20 Posted by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -

use threats, intimidation, and violence to suppress opposition? sounds pretty fascist to me.. claim violence is necessary because "democracy" and voting takes too long?.. sounds pretty fascist to me.. and rather anti-democratic to boot

#21 Posted by Drunk_PI (2804 posts) -
@burntbyhellfire said:

use threats, intimidation, and violence to suppress opposition? sounds pretty fascist to me.. claim violence is necessary because "democracy" and voting takes too long?.. sounds pretty fascist to me.. and rather anti-democratic to boot

Sounds like the Trump administration and their crony supporters to me.

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166620 posts) -

@burntbyhellfire said:

Accurate description of the trump administration.

#23 Posted by joebones5000 (2372 posts) -

No complaints from the self proclaimed party of "fiscal responsibility".

#24 Posted by warmblur (2536 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Lol @ nbc as a source...of anything.

Better then that fake aka Fox "news" channel that has their heads up Trump's ass all day .

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#25 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (45185 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

antifa are fascists

Explain.

#26 Posted by foxhound_fox (97973 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Explain.

Antifa is short for "anti-facist(s)".

It's pretty self-explanatory. They are an anti-government, anarchist organization. The furthest thing from fascism as you could get.

#27 Edited by Sevenizz (3911 posts) -

@warmblur: I see your media has done a bang up job telling you their fiercest competitor is ‘fake’.

#28 Edited by warmblur (2536 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

@warmblur: I see your media has done a bang up job telling you their fiercest competitor is ‘fake’.

Fake news is Fox news though.

#29 Posted by Sevenizz (3911 posts) -

@warmblur: Or, so you’ve been told...

#30 Edited by warmblur (2536 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

@warmblur: Or, so you’ve been told...

No, I haven't been told it's just a fact.

#31 Posted by Icarian (1869 posts) -

It's quite interesting how much Americans are against military parades when the American society is so militaristic. In Europe parades are quite common annual affairs.

#32 Posted by Sevenizz (3911 posts) -

@warmblur: By who though?

#33 Posted by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -

@Icarian said:

It's quite interesting how much Americans are against military parades when the American society is so militaristic. In Europe parades are quite common annual affairs.

aaw, dont tell them that, then they'll demand we do it too, after all you're speaking to people who have entire arguments predicated on the fact that europe does something, so we should do it too

#34 Edited by burntbyhellfire (268 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Explain.

It's pretty self-explanatory. They are an anti-government, anarchist organization. The furthest thing from fascism as you could get.

im simply using the radicalized lefts definition of fascism that they use to justify their violence and suppressing opposition.. when the real antifa came about in the 1930s, the definition of fascism was literally nothing more than the opposition of communism, anti-fascist were communist anarchists, the whole change in the definition later that fascism means using violence to suppress opposition was only fabricated to make communism seem like some victim, but what antifa is doing today coincides with the current definition of the term fascist, and also, terrorist

and yes, antifa are terrorists

#35 Posted by warmblur (2536 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

@warmblur: By who though?

Here's a source let me guess your response..... It's a lib site fake news!!!

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/cnn/

As you can see they lie more then CNN.

#36 Posted by foxhound_fox (97973 posts) -

@burntbyhellfire said:
@foxhound_fox said:

im simply using the radicalized lefts definition of fascism that they use to justify their violence and suppressing opposition.. when the real antifa came about in the 1930s, the definition of fascism was literally nothing more than the opposition of communism, anti-fascist were communist anarchists, the whole change in the definition later that fascism means using violence to suppress opposition was only fabricated to make communism seem like some victim, but what antifa is doing today coincides with the current definition of the term fascist, and also, terrorist

and yes, antifa are terrorists

Please point out where I said Antifa weren't terrorists.

#37 Posted by SOedipus (11513 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Explain.

In the name, sure. It's ironic though since they act in manners that resemble that of fascists, such as forcibly suppressing opposing views and opinions by physically attacking people.