Trump to stress "America First" in NatSec strategy.

• 49 results
KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@tryit said:

I dont understand your demand

but let me try again.

Last resort: that mean the last resort, sending over rice to people who are starving is not a last resort, miltiary action is considered the last resort to solving a problem. That is like your last emergency saving money in your bed or whereever, that is the last resort, emergency, nothing else left, the most risky.

follow so far? last resort he says.

You dont give your last dime to a stranger and let your child starve.

now what 'demonstration' of a last resort are you asking for? going to war for self preservation? well yeah..that makes sense but its not a humanitary effort because its a last resort.

I hope to make clear the difference between helping someone and a last resort option

Of course you don't.

Well, im good. Have fun with Sun Tzu and having zero grasp of modern economics.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@kod said:
@tryit said:

but let me try again.

Last resort: that mean the last resort, sending over rice to people who are starving is not a last resort, miltiary action is considered the last resort to solving a problem. That is like your last emergency saving money in your bed or whereever, that is the last resort, emergency, nothing else left, the most risky.

now what 'demonstration' of a last resort are you asking for? going to war for self preservation? well yeah..that makes sense but its not a humanitary effort because its a last resort.

I hope to make clear the difference between helping someone and a last resort option

Of course you don't.

I am not.

the idea behind a 'last resort' is that it is a 'last resort' you do not use your 'last resort' to save other people.

you use your 'last resort' for self preservation.

so yeah millions would have died but that is not our last resort problem

So I stand with this

'to say our schools are crumbling and we cant afford to make them better but we need to spend a trillion dollars to save iraq childern is in my view un-patoritic'

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@tryit said:

You are not getting this line of thinking from: "Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.” are you?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

You are not getting this line of thinking from: "Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.” are you?

what does that have to do with anything?

how does that counter the point that war is viewed as an admission of failure and is a last resort. please be direct

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Ahh Sun Tzu. Isn't the the guy who said "man who stands on toilet, is high on pot"?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:
@kod said:
@tryit said:

but let me try again.

Of course you don't.

I am not.

the idea behind a 'last resort' is that it is a 'last resort' you do not use your 'last resort' to save other people.

So I stand with this

'to say our schools are crumbling and we cant afford to make them better but we need to spend a trillion dollars to save iraq childern is in my view un-patoritic'

This whole line of reasoning is destroyed by the realization that being neutral only benefits the aggressor.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 KittenNose

@tryit said:
@kittennose said:

what does that have to do with anything?

how does that counter the point that war is viewed as an admission of failure and is a last resort. please be direct

It doesn't counter anything, it is a question. You are attributing the idea that war should be a last resort to Sun Tzu. I am asking if you are doing so because of that line, or some other reason.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@kod said:
@tryit said:

but let me try again.

Of course you don't.

I am not.

So I stand with this

This whole line of reasoning is destroyed by the realization that being neutral only benefits the aggressor.

no actually it SUPPORTS it!

There is a difference between an action done purely to help someone else and that of an action done in self preservation that happens to also help someone else.

we went to WW2 not to save the jews, we went to WW2 for self presevation, helping the jews was a side effect.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TryIt

@appariti0n said:

Ahh Sun Tzu. Isn't the the guy who said "man who stands on toilet, is high on pot"?

we should not focus too much on who Sun Tzu is or exact quotes, lets move past the unimportant parts. I think he is actually just tea

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KittenNose

@tryit said:

we should not focus too much on who Sun Tzu is or exact quotes, lets move past the unimportant parts. I think he is actually just tea

Yeah except I am pretty sure you are grossly misrepresenting Sun Tzu. Sun Tzu considered the military a tool to be actively used in the interest of the state. I am very confused as to why you think he thought war was a last resort.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@kod said:
@tryit said:

but let me try again.

Of course you don't.

I am not.

So I stand with this

There is a difference between an action done purely to help someone else and that of an action done in self preservation that happens to also help someone else.

we went to WW2 not to save the jews, we went to WW2 for self presevation, helping the jews was a side effect.

I don't think you actually know a lot about World War II. Saving the Jews was a big part of why we went into the war.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@kod said:

Of course you don't.

I am not.

So I stand with this

I don't think you actually know a lot about World War II. Saving the Jews was a big part of why we went into the war.

again....

strategy is to get your population behind you for a moral cause despite the reason being actually pragmatic.

I think Sun Tzu said that but I am not sure. I have said that already also a billion times

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

Yeah except I am pretty sure you are grossly misrepresenting Sun Tzu. Sun Tzu considered the military a tool to be actively used in the interest of the state. I am very confused as to why you think he thought war was a last resort.

Because he thinks hes a philosophy kinda guy.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@kod: @tryit: Both of you shut it. If you can't argue without swearing, don't bother. Any of you posting the F word again gets a 3 day vacation.

Same warning to anyone quoting said posts as well.

Edit: And yes I've deleted all said posts I saw.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TryIt

@horgen said:

@kod: @tryit: Both of you shut it. If you can't argue without swearing, don't bother. Any of you posting the F word again gets a 3 day vacation.

Same warning to anyone quoting said posts as well.

Edit: And yes I've deleted all said posts I saw.

sorry I assumed because it was autofiltered out it would not be an issue but noted, tone reduced.