Trump tells congresswomen of color born in America to "go back to their crime infested country"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

@zaryia: I don’t need you numbers to influence or change my views. I know the tweets aren’t racist. Or at least come from that sentiment.

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.

Just know most disagree, because of this thing called reality.

By the way most Americans also saw the tweets as UnAmerican. Because they were.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#352 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@zaryia: You always derail threads. You then make a statement to imply something and when it gets destroyed you keep spinning.

I was responding to nuck and when I mentioned something about Trumps strong economy you said " Thanks Obama " I proved to you it's not all Obama and then you focused strictly on job growth lol.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@plageus900 said:

@JimB: So pursuing a position within congress does not count as 'doing something about it'? Also Trump does not donate to charity, he sends his quarterly salary to different areas of government. Don't act like it's a big sacrifice on his part; his yearly salarly doesn't even equal 1/10 of 1% of his net worth. It's the equivalent of me donating 1 dollar a year.

What a complete and utter failed comparison here.

No, donating close to ½ a million is not equal to you donating a 1$, while sure to him 400.000 is not a lot but to a charity 400.000 can help a lot.

It´s like 100$ to you is not a lot but if you give a 100$ to someone in India or another 3rd world country it´s a whole different story.

Tax write off.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Trump rally now chanting "Send her back!" specifically referring to Ilhan Omar

https://twitter.com/i/events/1151645009554186241

Yeah, its racist as ****. You trump supporters are dumb as shit.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#356 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

Does anybody see this pattern of which side is posting the most hateful posts here? Those posts that resort to name calling and personal attacks. The posts that are emotionally triggered. The side that keeps bringing up race all the time.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts
@taylor12702003 said:

Does anybody see this pattern of which side is posting the most hateful posts here? Those posts that resort to name calling and personal attacks. The posts that are emotionally triggered. The side that keeps bringing up race all the time.

Are you confused about why people keep discussing racism in a thread about how the president was explicitly racist a couple of days ago?

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

@Serraph105: No confusion Serraph.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

Trump supporters can be fooled into thinking getting screwed over is a good thing, and believe all of trumps billions of lies. Yeah, they are the dumbest people on the planet. Just as dumb as the people who voted for bolsonaro.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Zaryia
@PraetorianMan said:

Jesus that was basically a Klan rally.

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: You always derail threads. You then make a statement to imply something and when it gets destroyed you keep spinning.

I was responding to nuck and when I mentioned something about Trumps strong economy you said " Thanks Obama " I proved to you it's not all Obama and then you focused strictly on job growth lol.

You said "Strongest Unemployment".

All I literally and accurately said was "Thanks Obama", because he was the reason for a significant majority of it. I never said "all Obama".

You took those 2 simple and accurate words, got triggered, and completely derailed the thread. And you're still not letting it go.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By Zaryia
@taylor12702003 said:

resort to name calling and personal attacks.

So you must really hate Trump.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#362 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

Racist attack on Elizabeth Warren as well.....wow

He is not the President, he is the enemy leader.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@texasgoldrush: making fun of Elizabeth for bragging about being 1/1024th Native American is fair game lol

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#364 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Liberals try to make everything racist, and they always try to play the victim. When Trump does good things, they completely ignore it. Pathetic.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I fail to see why it’s even relevant to prove whether or not Trump’s tweet was borne of racist intention.

“Go back to where you came from” is just a vile and caustic thing to say to anyone, period. Never in my life would I imagine The President of the United States would ever humor such a thing. Regardless of whether Trump is one, it’s a phrase that racists and bigots use all the time and this is an inarguable fact. That Trump uses it will only go to further embolden the intolerant and degrade American values further than he’s already done. People will, seeing such a “leader” use such language, use it much more willingly themselves believing they hold greater license due to Trump consistently eroding the moral center of our nation with his rot. It’ll increase intolerance of others and make their daily lives worse. That’s also an inarguable fact, even if Trump’s racism is still being (laughably) debated.

But I suppose this is what Trump supporters view as making America great again. And hey, whatever gets those liberal tears a’flowin. Glorious! It’s really, really sad, depressing and pathetic that so many people take pleasure and glee from making the lives of others worse so long as it serves feeding their partisan hatreds.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#367 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

@taylor12702003 said:

You've got a point.

The name-calling, emotional triggering, and obsession with race should be reserved for Trump's Twitter account. They don't belong in an intelligent discussion of politics.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

@Planeforger said:
@taylor12702003 said:

You've got a point.

The name-calling, emotional triggering, and obsession with race should be reserved for Trump's Twitter account. They don't belong in an intelligent discussion of politics.

only one side of the argument keeps whining about race, trump never mentioned anything about anyones race, and telling omar to piss off has nothing to do with her ethnicity, more so to do with her anti-semitism, support for terrorist groups, immigration fraud, and constant verbal attacks on the US as a whole

but these are the same people who thought obama was the second coming of jesus, and the only people who didnt agree were racists.. they're more concerned with trying to make themselves appear towards others to not be racists, that im starting to think they just might be trying to hide something

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#369 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

@jeezers said:

@texasgoldrush: making fun of Elizabeth for bragging about being 1/1024th Native American is fair game lol

Not in the way Trump is attacking her though.

Warren would destroy Trump in the election anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#370 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

People who are OK with what Trump said are probably the same kind of people who would attend an Hitler rally and say he was not racist because he didn't specifically mentioned the Jews in his speech.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Sevenizz said:

Meh, nobody’s perfect. While inappropriate, I don’t see how his tweets were racist. The Left don’t even know the meaning of the word.

I still support Trump 100% though.

Of course you do, you have trump blinders on. Even when Bernie does, or says something I disagree with, I call him out, you moronic trump supporters would still suck his dick if he was yelling that hitler was right.

No you don't. Bernie completely sold out last election yet you still support him. Don't lie.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

@burntbyhellfire said:

only one side of the argument keeps whining about race...

of course, because shitty rightwingers have decided that racism just isn't a problem, and since it doesn't affect them personally, there's no need to ever bring it up.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: lol please don't talk about being triggered. You're in here practically crying because Trump hurt your feelings.

Here's the fact. The only people offended by these comments already hated Trump. You're not opening anyone's eyes.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: lol please don't talk about being triggered. You're in here practically crying because Trump hurt your feelings.

I'm just stating for a fact the President of the United States said something racist.

Then the far right posters here got very upset at this fact, and triggered. I'm sorry if fact checking you hurts your feelings.

Facts > Feelings.

P.S. A significant majority of Americans disagree with you extreme right posters as well,

WASHINGTON – A clear majority of Americans say President Donald Trump's tweets targeting four minority congresswomen were "un-American," according to a new USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll. But most Republicans say they agreed with his comments, an illustration of the nation's sharp partisan divide on issues of patriotism and race.

More than two-thirds of those aware of the controversy, 68%, call Trump's tweets offensive.

Two-thirds of those surveyed, 65%, say that telling minority Americans to "go back where they came from" is a racist statement.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
@zaryia said:
@Sevenizz said:

Meh, nobody’s perfect. While inappropriate, I don’t see how his tweets were racist. The Left don’t even know the meaning of the word.

68% of The country and federal guidelines disagree with you. It's a commonly used racist phrase.

Even racist groups celebrated it's use when Trump tweeted it.

you're talking to walls. they hear what you're saying, they understand what you're saying. they do not care. they will never care.

stop thinking there some logical, rational series of words you can string together to make them care.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@zaryia said:
@taylor12702003 said:

resort to name calling and personal attacks.

So you must really hate Trump.

lol Trump has never called names. If we can re-write loads of other current events why not this as well? The dude is the very picture of an upstanding gentleman at all times. He's there, in a nice suit, speaking intelligently, in full sentences about issues where his stances are based on evidence, clean cut, black, 44th president, etc.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 burntbyhellfire

@PraetorianMan said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

of course, because shitty rightwingers have decided that racism just isn't a problem, and since it doesn't affect them personally, there's no need to ever bring it up.

because its not racist to tell someone to **** off, whenever someone disagrees with anyone on the left who happens to be even half a shade darker than neon white.. you accuse them of racism, again, this would be an insult to victims of actual racism because you throw the word around so often and everywhere you can that people just stop listening to people like you when they run around screaming racism

if you want to discuss what was actually said, go for it, if youre just going to piss and moan about racism because you dont have an argument, then that's your problem

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 burntbyhellfire

to those screaming about racists and racism every 5 seconds.. i have a question.. do you support reparations? if so, who should get them? who should pay them? and how much have you given up for the effort so far?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 Zaryia
@burntbyhellfire said:
@PraetorianMan said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

because its not racist to tell someone to **** off, whenever someone disagrees with anyone on the left who happens to be even half a shade darker than neon white.. you accuse them of racism, again, this would be an insult to victims of actual racism because you throw the word around so often and everywhere you can that people just stop listening to people like you when they run around screaming racism

if you want to discuss what was actually said, go for it, if youre just going to piss and moan about racism because you dont have an argument, then that's your problem

Trump's tweet was objectively racist.

Next question.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 LJS9502_basic

I don't think the term deplorables was wrong. Accepting the continued behavior of this dumpster fire of a president reinforces it.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By burntbyhellfire

@zaryia said:
@burntbyhellfire said:
@PraetorianMan said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

Next question.

not even objectively, its okay for people to not like other people who also happen to be of another ethnicity, get over it

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 LJS9502_basic

@burntbyhellfire said:
@zaryia said:

Next question.

not even objectively, its okay for people to not like other people who also happen to be of another ethnicity, get over it

It's not okay for the president of the United States to insult other ethnicities. Get over it.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 burntbyhellfire

@LJS9502_basic said:
@burntbyhellfire said:
@zaryia said:

Next question.

It's not okay for the president of the United States to insult other ethnicities. Get over it.

again, all you see is color, you cannot comprehend the idea that someone may not like someone, or disagree with someone who happens to be of another ethnicity and it not be racist... did he say all somalians should go back? did he say we should kill off somalians? did he say they are inferior? no? those would be actual racist comments.. the fact you can only view ilhan omar as someone of a different ethnicity, unable to treat them as you would anyone else based on that ethnicity, speaks volumes about your own prejudice

he didnt insult an ethnicity, he insulted a person based on the content of their character

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@burntbyhellfire said:

again, all you see is color, you cannot comprehend the idea that someone may not like someone, or disagree with someone who happens to be of another ethnicity and it not be racist... did he say all somalians should go back? did he say we should kill off somalians? did he say they are inferior? no? those would be actual racist comments.. the fact you can only view ilhan omar as someone of a different ethnicity, unable to treat them as you would anyone else based on that ethnicity, speaks volumes about your own prejudice

he didnt insult an ethnicity, he insulted a person based on the content of their character

Ethnicity does not equal color first of all. Second he meant it as a put down. Period. And an adult which the POTUS SHOULD be shouldn't use insults in a disagreement. You don't have to use the word all to make a racist statement. You are trying to do mental gymnastics to excuse deplorable behavior.

Tell someone to go back where they came from is an insult to their origin. You're either incapable of removing yourself from fanboyism, unable to intellectually understand, or dishonest.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

He said go to your country, fix shit there, then come back and tell us how you did it. NOT racist. Stupid and immature, absolutely.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 burntbyhellfire

so? he told her to go back where she came from as an insult and a put down, thats not what youre whining about, youre trying to claim its something that it wasnt.. an insult isnt the same as racism, you lost the argument once you started whining about racism

and she should go back to where she came from, she's an illegal according to the US laws against immigration fraud that she admittedly perpetrated.. either that or she's legitimately into incest.. either one makes her a disgusting person

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 LJS9502_basic

@burntbyhellfire said:

so? he told her to go back where she came from as an insult and a put down, thats not what youre whining about, youre trying to claim its something that it wasnt.. an insult isnt the same as racism, you lost the argument once you started whining about racism

and she should go back to where she came from, she's an illegal according to the US laws against immigration fraud that she admittedly perpetrated.. either that or she's legitimately into incest.. either one makes her a disgusting person

He told four women...…..three of whom were born here.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

So many here are OK with the president insulting others? I mean insulting, not criticizing them.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 R-Gamer

@horgen: I think realistically it only bothers people who already hated him. Much of the right including myself is tired of the PC crap. And the women he insulted or about as bad as they get.

I mean the left didn't mind this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-46764052

But now it's unacceptable to insult people?

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 burntbyhellfire

@horgen said:

So many here are OK with the president insulting others? I mean insulting, not criticizing them.

trump gets insulted on a regular basis by those same people, if they cannot take getting some back in return, maybe they shouldn't open their mouths

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 burntbyhellfire

nobody started a thread to complain about these things being said about trumps family, so you'll see why their arguments of trump telling someone to go back to where they come from is laughable.. here are just a few attacks on trumps family, including one prick saying his underaged son should be gang raped by pedophiles.. so yeah, im fine with trump standing up for himself

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2017/04/15/the-7-worst-liberal-attacks-on-donald-trumps-family-n2313730

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32083/peter-fonda-wants-barron-trump-raped-after-paul-bois

not to mention the constant calls for the murder of him and his family.. not a peep from any of these kids whining about trump on this thread right now, that double standard and hypocrisy is why nobody takes them seriously when they whine about trump telling someone off

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@horgen: I think realistically it only bothers people who already hated him. Much of the right including myself is tired of the PC crap. And the women he insulted or about as bad as they get.

And I would call her out on it as well if we had a topic about it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49035505

Trump didn't like the chant

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@r-gamer said:

Trump is the president, he's in a role and position that is much bigger than himself. When he speaks, he's not speaking just for himself, but for the nation and all of its citizens (or should be, at least). Not to say he shouldn't be able to hold his own opinions, but he should at least be beholden to a degree of decorum and respect in his conduct that's reflective of what he represents.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 burntbyhellfire

@MirkoS77 said:
@r-gamer said:

Trump is the president, he's in a role and position that is much bigger than himself. When he speaks, he's not speaking just for himself, but for the nation and all of its citizens (or should be, at least). Not to say he shouldn't be able to hold his own opinions, but he should at least be beholden to a degree of decorum and respect in his conduct that's reflective of what he represents.

no more double standards, each and every one of those are in a role and position that is much bigger than themselves, they get no pass, they have no right to insult, harass, and threaten on a daily basis, then play victim when he fights back

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#397 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”

― George Orwell, 1984

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 Zaryia
@Chutebox said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49035505

Trump didn't like the chant

I'm glad he has changed his mind on this entire ordeal. He is learning.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@horgen: I think realistically it only bothers people who already hated him.

Realistically you are wrong,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/17/trump-tweets-poll-unamerican-offensive-partisan-divide/1748737001/

More than two-thirds of those aware of the controversy, 68%, call Trump's tweets offensive

Two-thirds of those surveyed, 65%, say that telling minority Americans to "go back where they came from" is a racist statement.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 burntbyhellfire

i dont think anybody believes your poll, and USA today polling a small sample size of individuals doesnt make a statement truth.. you cant even get half the people on this forum to care