Trump tells congresswomen of color born in America to "go back to their crime infested country"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@burntbyhellfire said:

ive heard people also say it to other americans from other states... are they racist as well?

He said crime infested countries were they came from. Not states.

Stating the phrase "go back to your country" to a minority is racist. Especially when they are actually American born.

This has literally never been a debatable topic until yesterday.

Can you imagine a known and agreed upon fact becoming a point of contention just because of Trump cultists?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

he is not singling anyone out,

Hahahahaah. Cultist.

You're just lying now. He's talking about the 4 congresswomen, you know, the one who he's been talking about all week. Which is why he said congresswomen.

@Jacanuk said:

All he did was make a valid point.

Valid point?

Please tell me which country AOC, Talib, and Pressley should go back to.

I'll wait. (and you'll deflect).

@Jacanuk said:

If you and your comrades build a house on sand, it´s not really a good idea to go over to a place where the foundation is solid and tell them how to build a house.

This isn't what trump said. His tweet looks nothing like this, you're being symbolic now because his tweet looks super bad and is being widely condemned. You're trying your hardest to actually steer clear from his actual statements.

The saying is literally racist. You're debating common fact. This wasn't even a debate before Trump said it. You are part of a cult.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

lots of crime infested states, like california, and lots of people in other states dont want them moving there either and will tell them to go back to where they came from.. its not racist, YOU made it racist

also, you did use a racial slur, and have yet to apologize for doing so

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 burntbyhellfire

where do you get that trump was talking about 4 congress women? where in his tweet did he mention a name or a number?.. you still havent provided any evidence that he was speaking to any of them, just a fake news op ed that you're basing your entire premise upon.. vox and NBC said he was talking to them, that doesnt make it true

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Zaryia
@burntbyhellfire said:

lots of crime infested states

He said country.

Staaaaahp.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Zaryia
@burntbyhellfire said:

where do you get that trump was talking about 4 congress women?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@burntbyhellfire said:

where do you get that trump was talking about 4 congress women? where in his tweet did he mention a name or a number?.. you still havent provided any evidence that he was speaking to any of them, just a fake news op ed that you're basing your entire premise upon.. vox and NBC said he was talking to them, that doesnt make it true

His twitter makes it very clear.

EDIT. Not that I think it will matter to you. Once a nut hugger.......

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Zaryia

That's funny, Trump is saying USA is the most corrupt and inept government anywhere in the world?

Perhaps his administration.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 burntbyhellfire

@zaryia said:

That's funny, Trump is saying USA is the most corrupt and inept government anywhere in the world?

you going to apologize for using a racial slur yet? or just piss and moan because vox told you someone else used one too?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@burntbyhellfire said:
@zaryia said:

you going to apologize for using a racial slur yet? or just piss and moan because vox told you someone else used one too?

What are you even talking about dude? Just take the L

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Maybe Trump should go back to his country. Am I racist now?

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 burntbyhellfire

yeah, maybe you are.. though at least you actually mentioned a name.. these people are all riled up over a vox op-ed, lmfao.. anything to whine about trump i guess

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@burntbyhellfire said:
@zaryia said:

What are you even talking about dude? Just take the L

im referring to him using the phrase "colored people" which is considered offensive, racist, and outdated

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

I'm the case of Omar hes 100% correct.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia:

He didn't mention the other 3 or anyone specifically.

Here is the quote.

"So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run," Trump wrote in a series of three tweets.

"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came," the president continued. "Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Serraph105

@r-gamer: he probably didn't even mean anyone when he made that remark am I right?

And by "Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen," Trump meant "Conservative Male Congressmen" considering that he never actually means exactly what he says.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 R-Gamer

@Serraph105: I think he meant Omar for sure. But to assume he meant every progressive women of color is kinda hillarious especially when he didn't call them out by name.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia:

He didn't mention the other 3 or anyone specifically.

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48990760

Mr Trump said the women "originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe".

He was referring to four congresswomen - three who were born in the US and one who came as a child refugee.

EVERYONE KNOWS who he is talking about. You're playing DUMB.

@r-gamer said:

@Serraph105: I think he meant Omar for sure. But to assume he meant every progressive women of color is kinda hillarious especially when he didn't call them out by name.

He was talking about the 4. Like he was all week.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

I'm the case of Omar hes 100% correct.

In the case of the other 3 he's wrong, and racist.

BTW, even in terms of Omar that's kind of racist. Why should an American citizen go back to were they came from just because they have political disagreements with you?

@n64dd said:

Maybe Trump should go back to his country. Am I racist now?

We should hang Trump by a noose for sleeping with a white woman. Am I racist now?

By the ways, if someone walks up to me and tells me to go back to whatever country I came from - in what world is that person not a racist? I'm American born. He's just saying it because of my skin color. I came from USA. This actually happened to me once, and regularly happens to other Sikhs which your friends like to shoot at.

Trump said a commonly used racist term. Deal with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#119  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

One was born in Detroit, another in Cincinnati, another in Brooklyn. But I guess since they are not white, it's ok.

Is he stupid?

Is he racist?

Or does he just say these things to satisfy those in his base that are racist and stupid?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-progressive-congresswomen-should-go-back-where-they-came-n1029676?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_hb

Yes, Trump is both and so is his cult.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

"But, Trump — and many of his supporters and defenders — spew their racism and tell themselves that it is perfectly acceptable when it is read back to them, in much the same way that a dog will eat its own vomit."

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: He didn't really mention the other three though did he? And in the case of Omar hes 100% correct .

Her country by all measurable standards is a shit hole. It's odd to come over here as a refugee from that particular country and tell us we need to change things. It's like allowing a homeless person to live with with you and then allowing them to tell you how you should run your house.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: He didn't really mention the other three though did he? And in the case of Omar hes 100% correct .

Her country by all measurable standards is a shit hole. It's odd to come over here as a refugee from that particular country and tell us we need to change things. It's like allowing a homeless person to live with with you and then allowing them to tell you how you should run your house.

Bullshit.

1. He's talking about the same 4 he was talking about all week. Everyone agrees with this fact. There are very very few people using this "idiot" defense.

2. 3 of them are American born. That's a very racist thing to say to American born minorities.

3. Even for Omar, telling her to go back to her country because she disagrees with your politics is stupid. That's not how it works.

It was racist. That's a fact. Spin all you want.

Like I said before, when someone told me to go back to my country they were being objectively racist. You can't tell me they weren't.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@r-gamer said:

He didn't really mention the other three though did he? And in the case of Omar hes 100% correct .

Omar came to America at 10 and has been living here for 27 years legally. I'd say she's far more American than someone telling a Muslim woman to go fix Somalia before fixing America.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 R-Gamer

@Vaasman: We can agree to disagree on that. Shes in the camp that brown people have it so bad in this country. The problem is they are far better off here then they are in her home country.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 R-Gamer

@zaryia:

1. He didn't actually say it though. That's a fact. Your interpretation may be correct or it may not be. Regardless the media has blown it out of proportion.

2. I think it's fair thing to say to anyone who hates this country regardless of color.

3. Omar is a racist though and a perfect example of the far left. I think he was dead on with his comments to Omar who constantly talks about how America is built in oppression and bitches about how bad this country is to brown people. This is a common theme amongst the left.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Vaasman

@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: We can agree to disagree on that. Shes in the camp that brown people have it so bad in this country. The problem is they are far better off here then they are in her home country.

Except you're just flat out wrong so I don't agree to disagree, I just agree that you are wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#127 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@r-gamer: racism is so ingrained in America that to call it out, and to reject it, means you hate America to some.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

@Vaasman:

What do you think of her comments about Israel? Do you think she is an anti-semite?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By R-Gamer

@Nuck81: The problem is those same people see racism in everything. And when anyone disagrees with them then they are also racist. The left has done this so much for the past decade that it's lost all meaning.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 R-Gamer

@Vaasman: I don't think so. I think you're wrong. And nothing you will ever say will change my mind.

I don't think Omar brings anything positive to this country and is the exact opposite of what we need. The US provides you with the best opportunities in the world regardless of color. She wants to constantly play victim and tell the US how shitty it is to brown people when the country she left was far worse.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Serraph105

@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: I don't think so. I think you're wrong. And nothing you will ever say will change my mind.

I don't think Omar brings anything positive to this country and is the exact opposite of what we need. The US provides you with the best opportunities in the world regardless of color. She wants to constantly play victim and tell the US how shitty it is to brown people when the country she left was far worse.

You're the very epitome of "I'm keeping my head in the sand no matter what you say or do and thus I shall be impervious to logic, reason, and common sense."

I'm just walking away. This thread makes me sad as ****.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

This is getting good! lol

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By R-Gamer

@Serraph105: Except you and the rest of the left never uses logic . I'm open to discussions I really am. But the problem is you never have arguments just the same generic rhetoric you use over and over again. I'm so tired of identity politics from the left that I have moved to the far right.

Keep this in mind, I'm the same guy who is ok with legalizing marijuana, Im ok with doing more to take care of the enviorment I don't think the government should be involved in abortion. So I have a lot of views that would push me toward the left. But the constant race baiting and identity politics from the left is pathetic and I could care less what fake outrage everyone has for these race baiting clowns hes criticizing.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Vaasman

@r-gamer said:

It really doesn't matter what you think. She is a legal American citizen living here for the overwhelming majority of her life, and is a current member of our Congress. You are abjectly incorrect in this matter.

@Karnage108 said:

@Vaasman:

What do you think of her comments about Israel? Do you think she is an anti-semite?

Omar has only ever criticized Israel as a nation, which does not reflect on Jews as individuals or a race. It is like saying I am racist against white Christians because I think the folks who just to happen to be white Christians in charge of America are also deeply incompetent.

This is in contrast to the topic's comments, which are very specific in targeting individuals with very specific xenophobic rhetoric. Telling multiple Americans they shouldn't talk about America because they are from or perceived to be from another country is a stance born from the very heart of racism.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By R-Gamer

@Vaasman: What am I incorrect about exactly? You said she was more American then Trump. Trump was born here and is the President of the United states. She can never run for President of the United states. So on this statement.

"I'd say she's far more American than someone telling a Muslim woman to go fix Somalia before fixing America"

You are wrong.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@r-gamer: im very similiar to you politically, many things on the left I agree with, but they have chased me away with the identity politics, (identitarians in general), anti freedom of speech, anti 2nd amendment, socialism, these are the things that will keep me from voting for democrats. By reading the new green deal I know im no longer a liberal, that crap is stupid. Identitarians are stupid. Back in the day I thought they were about diversity through unity, progressives seem to want diversity by government controlled statism, dividing everyone into groups based on arbitrary shit like skin color, genitals and who you bang, then deciding who gets what.

Thats not diversity

But I'm against the millitary industrial complex, the prison system (mainly with non violent offenders), the drug war, have no problem with gay marriage, pro choice, im not even religous.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia:

He's talking about the 4. He's been talking about them all week. Nothing you change will stop this from being the current fact.

Nothing you say will make that phrase not be a racist phrase.

This tweet was racist. That's a fact.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Row, row, row your boats.

No one pointed out that the tweets can not be written by Trump?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@Nuck81: The problem is those same people see racism in everything.

This specific tweet WAS racist though.

Nothing you say will change that. No argument you put up will change that.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Vaasman

@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: What am I incorrect about exactly? You said she was more American then Trump. Trump was born here and is the President of the United states. She can never run for President of the United states. So no technically you are wrong.

Fleeing a struggling nation to come to America and grow and integrate into our culture to become a person of high influence in our politics and society is the essence of our country. She's not just American, I would argue she represents very heart and soul of a genuinely great America.

But more to the point, your original shitpost assumes that America is not her country, which is verifiably incorrect. And to say anyone is more American just because they are natural born and can be president, when they also hold deeply intolerant views of other Americans based on their perceived nationalities, is also not correct. So you're just wrong.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: I don't think so and you all have used the word so much that nobody really cares anymore.

Unless you hate Trump already this tweet wouldn't offend you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: I don't think so

No one cares what you think.

Telling an American Minority born in USA to go back to their country has literally always been a directly racist thing to say. Not even cryptic or vague. DIRECTLY. That's a fact, and it's been widely used against my people. Even before killing them at times.

Just say he screwed up and move on. Your defense is shitty.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By R-Gamer

@Vaasman: Except she didn't integrate into our culture. She adopts theirs while shitting on our current culture and explaining to everyone that America is built on oppression. She was even quoted saying

"This is not going to be the country of the xenophobics. This is not going to be the country of white people."

Wow.. grouping all white people and Xenophobes together. Did you have the same outrage on this comment? My original post didnt assume it wasn't her country it just assumes she currently hated it and those who run it and if she thinks it's so bad she should in fact go back to her old country.

She is the definition of the radical left that has pushed people like me to the far right who were never there. So you can white knight all you want for her but to me shes a scumbag.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@zaryia said:

Stating the phrase "go back to your country" to a minority is racist. Especially when they are actually American born.

It's racist whether they were born in the US or not.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@Nuck81: The problem is those same people see racism in everything. And when anyone disagrees with them then they are also racist. The left has done this so much for the past decade that it's lost all meaning.

Which is the excuse the Right and Trump supporters always lean on to push things further. Racism needs to be called out, and calling it out doesn't somehow delegitimize it for calling a duck a duck.

What do you people need to hear before you're willing to concede racism instead of attempting to constantly turn the tables to blame the other side which is only being honest? Its explicit definition? It is Trump and his followers that are blurring the lines of racism by pushing it as far as it can go but never trespassing upon that explicitness so they can always cowardly shift the blame to the other side when called out on it, acting like they have the benefit of the doubt and that everyone else is jumping at the bit to claim racism. These people and their "leader" keep pushing things further and further until we get shit like this:

How outraged are you? Are you crying? Do you feel sick? Would you like to lay down while I fetch you a glass of water and a cold rag?

.....which is effectively the same as saying, "nyah nyah nyah, yea it's racist, and so what? What are you going to do about it? Sit there and cry, you babies, here's a bib for ya.....hahahaha...."

Don't tell me with time that Trump will not keep pushing things further and further until the above is the accepted narrative. Our values will degrade by degrees, which Trump is doing. Every time he does this, it's normalized. Saying people need to "go back to where they came from", in every other reality other than Trump world, has been viewed as racist up until this point, and now ludicrously it's being argued it's not. Black, white, it does not matter, it's racist to say, period. Hell, racists wouldn't even contend that, because they themselves embrace it and use it.

Trump and his defenders disgust me. They are deplorables in every sense of the word, and if not, they are people who are so beholden to partisanship and hatred of the other side that they've lost all perspective of what values should be held onto. They can rot in their allegiance. There are partisan differences in this world that are to be respected, and then there are people who are so partisan that they become pieces of human garbage because they abdicate their values as people to further it (that is, if they even held them in the first place), which are not.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

@zaryia:

If Trump is racist, then Omar was racist against Jews too. Or are you a hypocrite?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: Except she didn't integrate into our culture.

Lie.

@r-gamer said:

She adopts theirs while shitting on our current culture and explaining to everyone that America is built on oppression. She was even quoted saying

Opinion.

You just don't like her left wing politics.

@r-gamer said:

She is the definition of the radical left that has pushed people like me to the far right who were never there. So you can white knight all you want for her but to me shes a scumbag.

Trump says extremely radical far right stupid shit and is an absolute scumbags.

You don't see me telling him to go back to Germany.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Vaasman

@r-gamer said:

My original post didnt assume it wasn't her country

First of all stop being an idiot and don't treat me like an idiot. In your post you said "Her country by all measurable standards is a shit hole." The only way you can possibly be correct in this moment is if you agree with your own stance that America, her country, is a "shithole."

@r-gamer said:

@Vaasman: Except she didn't integrate into our culture. She adopts theirs while shitting on our current culture and explaining to everyone that America is built on oppression. She was even quoted saying

"This is not going to be the country of the xenophobics. This is not going to be the country of white people."

Wow.. grouping all white people and Xenophobes together.

Way to take the quote out of context and still look bad. These are two separate sentences. Even in your poor context you must make the assumption yourself that white people are xenophobic as she doesn't say that. As compared to Trump telling an extremely specific subsection of his female congress a very standard racist mantra.

And here is a much longer statement:

"Because when we talk about anti-Semitism, we must also talk about Islamophobia. It is two sides of the same coin of bigotry."

"This is not going to be the country of the xenophobics. This is not going to be the country of white people. This is not going to be the country of the few. This is going to be the country of the many."

The comments are made directly countering multiple death threats from anonymous individuals, as well as deep levels of criticism from those in higher stations. She also said it to a crowd as a speech for a crowd of activists for equal treatment of black populations so referencing by race is contextually relevant.

@r-gamer said:

Assuming anyone is a scumbag because they are criticizing nation and its leadership, while telling them to go back to a nation that isn't their home, is hypocritical. Perhaps if you are smelling shit you should first check your own shoe.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By R-Gamer

@zaryia: Nothing about her culture is American. Sorry

And Trump never lived in Germany so that wouldn't make much sense.