Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, interesting if he actually does it.

President Donald Trump said Saturday he intends to allow the release of classified government documents about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy "subject to the receipt of further information."

Trump's tweet comes as he is staring down an October 26 deadline set in law by Congress mandating the public release of the still-secret documents -- including FBI and CIA files -- barring any action by the President to block the release of certain documents."Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened," Trump said, appearing to leave open the possibility that some documents could still be withheld.The White House said in a statement to Politico earlier this week that the White House was working "to ensure that the maximum amount of data can be released to the public" by next week's deadline.Trump himself is no stranger to the controversies and conspiracy theories that have long swirled around the assassination of the 35th president.During the 2016 campaign, Trump made the unfounded claim that the father of GOP rival Sen. Ted Cruz was associated with Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, a claim he has never reneged nor apologized for.Trump's longtime political adviser Roger Stone, who helped launch Trump's campaign for president, is also an avid conspiracy theorist who wrote a book about the wild claim that President Lyndon B. Johnson, Kennedy's vice president, was involved in Kennedy's assassination.Republican members of Congress, including Senate judiciary committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, of Iowa, have urged Trump to allow the full release of the documents.

Trump plans to release classified JFK documents

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

If this comes to fruition, even more proof of the debacle known as the Warren Commission will come to light. The people deserve answers and contrary to what many in the government believe, the people can handle it. We already know the meat and potatoes of it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jacanuk

@Solaryellow said:

If this comes to fruition, even more proof of the debacle known as the Warren Commission will come to light. The people deserve answers and contrary to what many in the government believe, the people can handle it. We already know the meat and potatoes of it.

Ya , lets see.

JFK´s assassination have been a topic of many and long debates in most of america, so it will be interesting to see those documents.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

god trump is a freaking moron. they were already going to release this weither or not trump does.

and I just learned that he he does have the power to release or not. but still he's a moron for this distraction from muller

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Did somebody ask him about his taxes again?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178835 Posts

Um....they were supposed to be released. He's not doing anything.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: he just wants to prove he is right that the zodiac killer father had something to do with jfk

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50541 Posts

@resevl4rlz said:

god trump is a freaking moron. they were already going to release this weither or not trump does.

and I just learned that he he does have the power to release or not. but still he's a moron for this distraction from muller

Jeez, all he said is he's going to allow it. Much more worthwhile reasons to bash him than this.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@resevl4rlz said:

What are you trying to say here?

If you are trying to claim that he does not have power to do anything in this case, then you need to learn a bit of what the president can and can't do. Trump can deem it harmful to National security to release them and then a extension will be put on them and they wont be released.

Which according to some sources is what his advisors advised him and FBI & CIA may have asked the president to do.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@resevl4rlz said:

If you are trying to claim that he does not have power to do anything in this case, then you need to learn a bit of what the president can and can't do. Trump can deem it harmful to National security to release them and then a extension will be put on them and they wont be released.

Which according to some sources is what his advisors advised him and FBI & CIA may have asked the president to do.

Trump has to do nothing and they will be released. He has to do something for the documents not to be released...?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@horgen: Correct. If he extends the deadline for their release, then that won't be released at their currently scheduled time. If he does nothing, they get released on the currently scheduled date.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:
@resevl4rlz said:

Trump has to do nothing and they will be released. He has to do something for the documents not to be released...?

Pretty much

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

He ended up holding a bunch of them anyway.

"I have no choice," Trump said in a memo, citing "potentially irreversible harm" to national security if he were to allow all records out now. He was placing those files under a six-month review while letting 2,800 others come out, racing a deadline to honor a law mandating their release.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@mattbbpl said:

"I have no choice," Trump said in a memo, citing "potentially irreversible harm" to national security if he were to allow all records out now. He was placing those files under a six-month review while letting 2,800 others come out, racing a deadline to honor a law mandating their release.

So much for America first.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Whatever the Intel agencies told him must have been compelling enough for them to hold their release.

This will not help with the conspiracy theories and it will just make them shout even louder. The only thing I read so far was that a British reporter was given a heads up 25 minutes before the shooting, and I may look at some more later today.

But then again, I'll probably be too busy playing Super Mario Odyssey after work to really care for another week or two...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:

Well the only way it damages America is if Americans did it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:

I am curious as to how information related to something that happened so long time ago can still hold information that will hurt the country if it is made public.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I'm confused, wasn't it Ted Cruz's father that killed JFK? Doesn't everyone know that already?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

I am curious as to how information related to something that happened so long time ago can still hold information that will hurt the country if it is made public.

It won't. Unless Americans did it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

What a coward. This will only fuel the conspiracy nuts even more.

But either he is covering the truth or just covering for the incompetence in the investigation that was back then. My guess is the last , but it´s noteworthy that if Kennedy had lived , there most likely never would have been a vietnam.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

Well, it shouldn't but you know how some americans have a distrust for the government, so if those files confirm that there has been a coverup or a direct involvement, well all hell may break out.

But my guess is they only show incompetence which is a shame that Trump did not let them go.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

Well, it shouldn't but you know how some americans have a distrust for the government, so if those files confirm that there has been a coverup or a direct involvement, well all hell may break out.

But my guess is they only show incompetence which is a shame that Trump did not let them go.

It wouldn't be about revealing incompetence. Trump is all about displaying incompetence.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jacanuk

@Serraph105 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

It wouldn't be about revealing incompetence. Trump is all about displaying incompetence.

Unless it´s his own right.

But Trump could be doing this to gain some "friends" , otherwise it seems strange.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Hypothetically speaking, if either the Russians or the Cubans had a hand in JFK'S death, would that be enough to go to war with either of them?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@TheShadowLord07 said:

Hypothetically speaking, if either the Russians or the Cubans had a hand in JFK'S death, would that be enough to go to war with either of them?

It would, if we did so back when it happened or a few years later. Going to war over 50 years later wouldn't make a lot of sense since the leaders of Cuba and the Soviet Union during Kennedy's assassination are long gone.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58269 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@TheShadowLord07 said:

It would, if we did so back when it happened or a few years later. Going to war over 50 years later wouldn't make a lot of sense since the leaders of Cuba and the Soviet Union during Kennedy's assassination are long gone.

"water under the bridge", "no use crying over spilled milk"...along those lines, I suppose.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

I still think it should be released. I doubt anyone involved in it is alive today anyway.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I still think it should be released. I doubt anyone involved in it is alive today anyway.

I think it should be released as well. There is ZERO need for the secrecy. My comment meant the government was somehow involved and it's not national security issue but covering up wrong doing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@horgen: Well, if you consider that the inteligence agencies may have begun working certain angles after the assassination , it´s not completely impossible that there is people alive today who could be hurt by the publication.

Because remember those papers don´t just deal with the why and who, but also with what can we do.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

@horgen: Well, if you consider that the inteligence agencies may have begun working certain angles after the assassination , it´s not completely impossible that there is people alive today who could be hurt by the publication.

Because remember those papers don´t just deal with the why and who, but also with what can we do.

Man you defend anything trump does no matter how mundane.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Actually i am "defending" the CIA and other intelligence agencies who have asked that these files stay sealed.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

Or do they contain many illegal moves made during the investigation? What you could do in the 60's isn't that interesting today, unless it something no one else even today can't do.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

You'll attack Trump no matter what he does. Weird isn't it?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

You'll attack Trump no matter what he does. Weird isn't it?

Well when hell freezes over and he does something commendable I'll get back to you......thus far he's an unmitigated disaster.