Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Heirren
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@heirren said:

@horgen:

I agree but i am not that of the youtube generation so i cannot speak for the up and coming generation on how they recieve news and/or how much push outside media people have on them. Somehow this has all created an "everybodys opinion is correct" state and kids apparently cant think critically anymore because if everyone is right, whos wrong.

Except there is a segment.....trump fanboys....that just scream fake news at facts.

That occurs in all sectors.

Given its hip thing to be liberal these days, id reckon theres more preaching from the left than the right, but thats usually the case based on which party is in office.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 168501 Posts

@heirren said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@heirren said:

@horgen:

I agree but i am not that of the youtube generation so i cannot speak for the up and coming generation on how they recieve news and/or how much push outside media people have on them. Somehow this has all created an "everybodys opinion is correct" state and kids apparently cant think critically anymore because if everyone is right, whos wrong.

Except there is a segment.....trump fanboys....that just scream fake news at facts.

That occurs in all sectors.

Given its hip thing to be liberal these days, id reckon theres more preaching from the left than the right, but thats usually the case based on which party is in office.

Most of the criticism isn't coming from so-called liberals. Problem is the right is so far right they don't understand moderation

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Heirren

@LJS9502_basic:

Nah it goes for everybody. Its the grass is greener on the other side effect. If there was a democrat in office, then the republicans would be more vocal.

Thats why i refer to it as a clown show. Bicker like children without resolve. The lack of communicational skills these people have, given their posituons, is astonishing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 168501 Posts

@heirren said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Nah it goes for everybody. Its the grass is greener on the other side effect. If there was a democrat in office, then the republicans would be more vocal.

Thats why i refer to it as a clown show. Bicker like children without resolve. The lack of communicational skills these people have, given their posituons, is astonishing.

This started with Republicans when Obama was in office and it continues today.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Heirren

@LJS9502_basic said:
@heirren said:

@LJS9502_basic:

No, that sort of thing started loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng before that.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122232 Posts

@heirren said:

@horgen:

Critical thinking should be taught at school and home. That's not medias job.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@heirren said:

@LJS9502_basic:

It got extreme when Obama was in office. The whole birtherism was unthinkable during Clinton and Bush jr terms.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Heirren

@horgen:

My point is these outlets corrupt the way youth think. It aint just the youth, though, but the youth is the future so its a tad concerning.

Also that stuff is apparently just human nature, generally speaking. Waaaaay before obama, bush, clinton, etc.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Horgen  Moderator

@heirren said:

@horgen:

My point is these outlets corrupt the way youth think. It aint just the youth, though, but the youth is the future so its a tad concerning.

Also that stuff is apparently just human nature, generally speaking. Waaaaay before obama, bush, clinton, etc.

So give up and do nothing? Other countries do well in battling corrupting media. US just doesn't want to do anything about it. It is not one simple fix, and because of that you shouldn't just give up.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Heirren

@horgen:

Its the grey area on the internet mixed with free speech that is the problem. Internet crimes should be looked at no different than any other crimes, for example, and causing a ruckus on the internet should be held to the same accountability as if it were to occur on the streets.

Americans whine and complain about a lot.