Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Heirren
Member since 2017 • 2327 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan:

Maybe maybe not. Politicians are pathological liars almost by nature. Trump is not your typical politician, if one at all. I think he just says what he thinks, and often it bites him in the butt. I can respect someone if they are in the very least honest with themselves, even if i disagree with them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 167846 Posts

@heirren said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

Maybe maybe not. Politicians are pathological liars almost by nature. Trump is not your typical politician, if one at all. I think he just says what he thinks, and often it bites him in the butt. I can respect someone if they are in the very least honest with themselves, even if i disagree with them.

trump isn't honest. Not even with himself. No respect for him.

Nuck81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 Nuck81
Member since 2005 • 7857 Posts

@heirren: Trump has to lie. Big lies, small lies, it doesn't matter he can not tell the truth.

He even turns what would be a factual statement into a lie, because he has to inflate and embellish.

He can not keep from lying

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 JimB
Member since 2002 • 2607 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

That's silly. We don't have a hurricane problem, we have a mental health problem.

we sure do it is called, Trump Deranged Syndrome.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Heirren

@Nuck81 said:

@heirren: Trump has to lie. Big lies, small lies, it doesn't matter he can not tell the truth.

He even turns what would be a factual statement into a lie, because he has to inflate and embellish.

He can not keep from lying

Well thats why i said politicians are more or less pathological liars by nature.

Trump isnt your typical politican. Judging by things he says he either has no PR or downright ignores them. The difference i see with Trump is when he is asked a question(moreso when its off guard) hell give an answer, often resulting in much backlash. If he does have PR he must drive them nuts.

@LJS9502_basic

Possibly, but i dont know him personally so i cant really say for sure. How did you come about this conclusion?

JSprunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JSprunk
Member since 2017 • 1084 Posts

@warmblur: Hook, line, and sinker... someone took the bait again.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 2885 Posts

Nice to see the Trumpettes in full swing.

First it's, "that's not what he said," then it's "you're misinterpreting it," and finally it's "I stand by the president and his comments."

@ad1x2 said:
@Serraph105 said:

@fenrir-strife: I think that you're upset that even if this is completely false, Trump is crazy/dumb enough for this to sound completely true.

Assuming this is false, I would think less of this as another aha moment to show how dumb the left thinks Trump is and more of another moment that makes it harder for the left to get Republicans and independents to not vote for him in 2020.

Cry wolf too many times and nobody will believe you when the wolf really shows up.The people most likely to believe this story are the people that already came to the conclusion that they will not vote for him no matter what.

Case in point here folks. Can't wait to see how you'll twist this one.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 7839 Posts
@drunk_pi said:

First it's, "that's not what he said," then it's "you're misinterpreting it," and finally it's "I stand by the president and his comments."

@ad1x2 said:
@Serraph105 said:

@fenrir-strife: I think that you're upset that even if this is completely false, Trump is crazy/dumb enough for this to sound completely true.

Assuming this is false, I would think less of this as another aha moment to show how dumb the left thinks Trump is and more of another moment that makes it harder for the left to get Republicans and independents to not vote for him in 2020.

Cry wolf too many times and nobody will believe you when the wolf really shows up.The people most likely to believe this story are the people that already came to the conclusion that they will not vote for him no matter what.

If the conclusion you came up with after reading my post was that I believe Trump said we should nuke hurricanes and I'm trying to defend him for saying it then your reading comprehension abilities are extremely poor.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 2885 Posts
@ad1x2 said:
@drunk_pi said:

@ad1x2 said:
@Serraph105 said:

If the conclusion you came up with after reading my post was that I believe Trump said we should nuke hurricanes and I'm trying to defend him for saying it then your reading comprehension abilities are extremely poor.

It's really just the "cry wolf" comments.

Should we ignore a president when they make dumb and potentially dangerous remarks?

No, not at all. If anything, it's also a sign of their mental status and so far, the Trump Administration's actions are concerning and its supporters and apologists are becoming increasingly worrisome.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3527 Posts

Its all about the clicks homies.

dont get too consumed by the medias obsession with the Trump Bump.

Honestly i think these kind of stories help the man.

when people go to look into it themselves most realize its a gross over reaction.

Free advertising

Loading Video...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 34178 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@ad1x2 said:
@drunk_pi said:

@ad1x2 said:
@Serraph105 said:

It's really just the "cry wolf" comments.

Should we ignore a president when they make dumb and potentially dangerous remarks?

No, not at all. If anything, it's also a sign of their mental status and so far, the Trump Administration's actions are concerning and its supporters and apologists are becoming increasingly worrisome.

One of you is saying that the left cries wolf so many times that they can't be believed in any situation, and the other is saying that the president is the one who cries wolf all the time.

Pretty damn sure anyways.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14626 Posts

This is not a new idea, this was actually heavily humored at the advent of the atomic age.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2056 Posts

USA history books: And that is how America was destroyed.

Imagine a president so dumb or incompetent that he/her nukes their country...

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 11036 Posts

@heirren said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

Maybe maybe not. Politicians are pathological liars almost by nature. Trump is not your typical politician, if one at all.

Not all politicians are the same, nor do they lie at the same rate. The equivalence tactic Trumps supporters attempt is embarrassing. But you're right about Trump in one way though, he's worse than a politician. He's a two bit con man, narcissist, and pathological liar.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heirren

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@heirren said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

Maybe maybe not. Politicians are pathological liars almost by nature. Trump is not your typical politician, if one at all.

Not all politicians are the same, nor do they lie at the same rate. The equivalence tactic Trumps supporters attempt is embarrassing. But you're right about Trump in one way though, he's worse than a politician. He's a two bit con man, narcissist, and pathological liar.

When did i say he was worse? Dont put words in my mouth and also dont assume im supporting Trump in that statement, either. You are calling him a narcissist and pathological liar? Im curious do you know him personally? From my experience, people that call others narcissistic are often the narcissists themselves, and delusional at that, because the person making that accusation is fully assuming as a concrete statement exactly what another individual is thinking with complete disregard as to whether or not it is true.

A con man? Sure, just like Obama. Id imagine almost any succesful business owner is a con man to some degree.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14027 Posts

@heirren said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

When did i say he was worse? Dont put words in my mouth and also dont assume im supporting Trump in that statement, either. You are calling him a narcissist and pathological liar? Im curious do you know him personally? From my experience, people that call others narcissistic are often the narcissists themselves, and delusional at that, because the person making that accusation is fully assuming as a concrete statement exactly what another individual is thinking with complete disregard as to whether or not it is true.

A con man? Sure, just like Obama. Id imagine almost any succesful business owner is a con man to some degree.

https://www.axios.com/everything-trump-says-he-knows-more-about-than-anybody-b278b592-cff0-47dc-a75f-5767f42bcf1e.html

Narcissist.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/10/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

Liar.

I need to meet Trump to know his personality like I need to drink gasoline to know it's bad for me. Dude constantly goes off script on camera for hours at a time with demonstrably toxic behavior. If you suddenly think he'd going to be a great person one on one, then just lol.

"Dont put words in my mouth and also dont assume im supporting Trump in that statement, either."

For not supporting Trump, you sure do put in the extra effort to be a contrarian, deflector, and apologist on his and the right wing's behalf, every single political thread you're in without fail. It's almost like you're ashamed to admit it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic

@heirren said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@heirren said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

He's a public figure. It's not like he's a stranger and his actions fit those descriptions.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Heirren

@LJS9502_basic:

No not really.

@Vaasman:

Delusions, still. Sorry. Dont blow things out of proportion. Im questioning the validity of those claims. If you notice i did not state he isnt susceptible to general political behavior.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Vaasman

@heirren said:

@Vaasman:

Delusions, still. Sorry. Dont blow things out of proportion. Im questioning the validity of those claims. If you notice i did not state he isnt susceptible to general political behavior.

You refuse to admit you support someone you've come to the defense of every single time, refuse to acknowledge how he is in public is almost certainly just how he is all the time (especially rich from the crowd who like him because he "speaks his mind"). Whose delusions are you referring to if not your own?

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Heirren

@Vaasman:

Simple. I dont. There, end of story. Not to mention ive gone off on saying i dont support either side and the entire political landscape is a clown show.

To the last part, the way people act in public is not always telling of who they are in private. Possibly? Sure, but to downright make accusations that someone is a narcissist? Lol, nah. It doesnt work like that. You know for a long time Steven Tyler of Aerosmith was only regarded as a wild rock and roll star. The way he dressed, or acted in public or his stage antics, etc. Awhile back he was on the Joe Rogan podcast and more or less said he did American Idol, and Joes show, to show people theres this other side to him and that hes a real person, too.

People are very quick to judge these days.

Btw, im not refusing to admit anything because theres really nothing to admit. Thats all in your head. Selective reading.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Vaasman

@heirren said:

@Vaasman:

Simple. I dont. There, end of story. Not to mention ive gone off on saying i dont support either side and the entire political landscape is a clown show.

To the last part, the way people act in public is not always telling of who they are in private. Possibly? Sure, but to downright make accusations that someone is a narcissist? Lol, nah. It doesnt work like that. You know for a long time Steven Tyler of Aerosmith was only regarded as a wild rock and roll star. The way he dressed, or acted in public or his stage antics, etc. Awhile back he was on the Joe Rogan podcast and more or less said he did American Idol, and Joes show, to show people theres this other side to him and that hes a real person, too.

Btw, im not refusing to admit anything because theres really nothing to admit. Thats all in your head. Selective reading.

You are refusing to admit because I'm right and you just think if you cover your ears and say no enough, reality will bend to your whims. You can say whatever you want in this moment but it is utterly contradicted by all supporting evidence, both in terms of the president and yourself. Your history fully demonstrates where your support as a poster lies, regardless of how ashamed it makes you feel.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Heirren

@Vaasman said:
@heirren said:

@Vaasman:

You are refusing to admit because I'm right and you just think if you cover your ears and say no enough, reality will bend to your whims. You can say whatever you want in this moment but it is utterly contradicted by all supporting evidence, both in terms of the president and yourself. Your history fully demonstrates where your support as a poster lies, regardless of how ashamed it makes you feel.

Not at all. These are just your own delusions and what you choose to believe. I just blatantly told you i do not support either side. Selective reading. Thats on you.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Vaasman

@heirren said:

Not at all. These are just your own delusions and what you choose to believe. I just blatantly told you i do not support either side. Selective reading. Thats on you.

You can say the sky is hot pink all you want but clear and observable evidence demonstrates that is not the case.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Heirren

@Vaasman said:
@heirren said:

You can say the sky is hot pink all you want but clear and observable evidence demonstrates that is not the case.

Selective reading, my friend. Apparently its a problem with the whole Left vs Right thing, as well, which is another issue in and of itself which i have voiced a distaste for. Youre sort of doing it here, trying to pigeon hole me into choosing a side, because a comment made could be interpreted as "omg cut his throat hes right wing!!" Dont you see the issue here? Its a communicational skill that is very lacking in todays society, even on a higher educational level, where people want to assume the opposite as contrarian *just* to debate or argue. I dont believe theres a point in that.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Vaasman

@heirren said:

Selective reading,

Keep saying selective reading, maybe if you scream it until you're blue in the face it will delete your posting history smattered with unerring right wing apologies, whataboutism, and general nonsense, such as the attempt to gaslight you're failing at right now.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Heirren

@Vaasman said:
@heirren said:

Selective reading,

Keep saying selective reading, maybe if you scream it until you're blue in the face it will delete your posting history smattered with unerring right wing apologies, whataboutism, and general nonsense, such as the attempt to gaslight you're failing at right now.

Thats not at all whats happening. What is an apologist anyways? Whataboutism? Is that even a word? This is all your tirade, not mine.

Heres the factual question you should be asking: did you vote for Trump?(thats real tangible support)

My answer? No, i did not vote for Trump. Simple, see.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Vaasman

@heirren said:

Thats not at all whats happening. What is an apologist anyways? Whataboutism? Is that even a word? This is all your tirade, not mine.

Heres the factual question you should be asking: did you vote for Trump?(thats real tangible support)

My answer? No, i did not vote for Trump. Simple, see.

You can spend 3 seconds on google, I'm not doing your homework on terminology. And of course we've dodged away to voting, something you assuredly wouldn't demonstrate. Of course, I wasn't aware voting is the only way to support someone.

So when you post stupid shit deliberately on their behalf, such as in this very thread where you immediately attributed this to a "humorous" statement to assume the president couldn't just be saying a really dumb suggestion, that's not support? Are you just going to keep digging at this point or what?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@heirren said:

@LJS9502_basic:

No not really.

Yes really. Maybe instead of listening to party bias sites you pay attention yourself. And if you can't see it for yourself then perhaps it comes down to education.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Heirren

@Vaasman:

So those are real words or is it some type of improper urban dictionary? And yeah i did find it funny because it does sound like something Trump would say, because of how out there it would be for a president to say such a thing, and hes said some outlandish things in the past which is why its probably very believable for individuals to be sure he said it. Lol hows that support? Sheesh. Byw i also find many of the Trump impressions done on snl amd whatnot mostly hilarious.

@LJS9502_basic:

Actually i dont visit any of those sites, unless maybe they are linked, here. Im just very open minded and imo calling someone a narcissist is quite the claim unless you know them on a personal level, and quite well at that.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 121532 Posts
@heirren said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Actually i dont visit any of those sites, unless maybe they are linked, here. Im just very open minded and imo calling someone a narcissist is quite the claim unless you know them on a personal level, and quite well at that.

Isn't a typical traits of a narcissist that they are always best/among the best. Never admit to lies. Have one clear favourite son/daughter?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 11036 Posts

@heirren said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@heirren said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

You are calling him a narcissist and pathological liar? Im curious do you know him personally?

I don't need to know him personally. He's the president and he's a billionaire. His entire life and work is documented. The man is on record lying thousands of times just in the last couple of years.

If you're not willing to be honest about a factual statement, 'Trump is a pathological liar', then there's no real reason to take your opinions at face value.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Heirren

@horgen said:@heirren said: @LJS9502_basic:

Isn't a typical traits of a narcissist that they are always best/among the best. Never admit to lies. Have one clear favourite son/daughter?

I dont believe so, is it? Its quite the claim to call someone as such. Its believed to be a disorder and many things people refer to as symptoms can fit any number of people as they live and learn, and i dont mean that in a bad way necessarily.

The same thing goes for being a Pathological liar. Youd really have to be around the person 24/7 or know them far better than their public image. Pathological liars, or the term as what its believed to be, refers to someones tendency to automatically feel the need to lie about everything.

Like i said, trump is in the political arena they all lie, and as another poster said they embellish the truth or the lie for the sake of public reaction/perception/etc. Hes a business man. If hes telling a lie, in all likelihood it is very calculated.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Horgen  Moderator

@heirren said:

I dont believe so, is it? Its quite the claim to call someone as such. Its believed to be a disorder and many things people refer to as symptoms can fit any number of people as they live and learn, and i dont mean that in a bad way necessarily.

The same thing goes for being a Pathological liar. Youd really have to be around the person 24/7 or know them far better than their public image. Pathological liars, or the term as what its believed to be, refers to someones tendency to automatically feel the need to lie about everything.

Like i said, trump is in the political arena they all lie, and as another poster said they embellish the truth or the lie for the sake of public reaction/perception/etc. Hes a business man. If hes telling a lie, in all likelihood it is very calculated.

So he doesn't say it like it is, then?

Anyhow while we can't accurately diagnose Trump with narcissistic personality disorder, it isn't wrong to say he ticks of many points on a checklist for that diagnose (from my understanding at least).

I mean who honestly gets bothered if someone else says you have small hands?

Nuck81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 Nuck81
Member since 2005 • 7857 Posts

It would probably work on tornadoes too.

Tornadoes can't flatten a town, if you nuke it first.

Call fox and friends Trump will make an executive order by Friday

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heirren

@horgen said:
@heirren said:

Anyhow while we can't accurately diagnose Trump with narcissistic personality disorder, it isn't wrong to say he ticks of many points on a checklist for that diagnose (from my understanding at least).

He does at times i think, especially when hes caught off guard. I think everyone should applaud his constant calling out of the media, whether you like the guy or not, because its the truth and i dont believe either side will deny there is a problem with american media.

As for Trump being a narcissist, its still a wild claim. You can walk down the street and say the same thing for most people. For example you topic on cyclists, you could say many of them are as there are groups that have total disregard for the safety of others or just aloof as to how their own actions may cause an accident. Its an extreme id rather not make because it sort of then makes the accuser a narcissist.

Lastly, i dont think people are upset at what is said by Trump, but moreso the platform on which he says these things. The only area i can see people finding that comment offensive is if theres a medical condition that goes along with it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@heirren said:
@horgen said:
@heirren said:

He does at times i think, especially when hes caught off guard. I think everyone should applaud his constant calling out of the media, whether you like the guy or not, because its the truth and i dont believe either side will deny there is a problem with american media.

As for Trump being a narcissist, its still a wild claim. You can walk down the street and say the same thing for most people. For example you topic on cyclists, you could say many of them are as there are groups that have total disregard for the safety of others or just aloof as to how their own actions may cause an accident. Its an extreme id rather not make because it sort of then makes the accuser a narcissist.

Lastly, i dont think people are upset at what is said by Trump, but moreso the platform on which he says these things. The only area i can see people finding that comment offensive is if theres a medical condition that goes along with it.

No one should applaud him calling out the facts reported by the media as fake. And he has.. NO ONE!

Many experts have said trump checks the boxes for narcissist. And if you took any psychology classes you'd see the same thing. Your analogy was flawed with cyclists, it was simple and it was naïve.

What trump says should upset an evolved intelligent individual.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 2607 Posts

@warmblur said:
@npiet1 said:
@warmblur said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Given how untrustworthy the media turns out to be, it seems pretty smart to me.

Fox news mostly.

What about the link you just posted with hearsay as source? That's untrustworthy by definition.

How? why would they randomly make this up? here's some points from it

Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

• Asked how the briefer reacted, the source recalled he said something to the effect of, "Sir, we'll look into that."
  • Trump replied by asking incredulously how many hurricanes the U.S. could handle and reiterating his suggestion that the government intervene before they make landfall.
  • The briefer "was knocked back on his heels," the source in the room added. "You could hear a gnat fart in that meeting. People were astonished. After the meeting ended, we thought, 'What the f---? What do we do with this?'"

So...... they made all this up to say bad things about Trump? pleaseee Trump is a moron and we all know it.

An unnamed source, unlike congressman Green who ask a Navy Admiral in a hearing about Guam if he was concerned the movement of equipment would tip the island over. Look it up and you can view the hearing. This coming form the man who is constantly introducing impeachment bills.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Heirren

@LJS9502_basic said:
@heirren said:
@horgen said:
@heirren said:

No one should applaud him calling out the facts reported by the media as fake. And he has.. NO ONE!

Many experts have said trump checks the boxes for narcissist. And if you took any psychology classes you'd see the same thing. Your analogy was flawed with cyclists, it was simple and it was naïve.

-what? So you believe the american media is a-ok with zero problems? Wow. No one should applaud him for referencing poor journalism? Im not sure i even understand that last bit.

-of course "experts" are going to chime in on what they believe. However, do you understand that in order to diagnose someone it generally revolves around multiple face to face, personal encounters, conducted over a stretch of time, right? The analogy i made was perfectly sound.

Why should what Trump says upset an evolved, intelligent individual? I did say people were more upset at the platform its said on than what is actually said. You did catch that, correct?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LJS9502_basic

@heirren said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@heirren said:

-what? So you believe the american media is a-ok with zero problems? Wow. No one should applaud him for referencing poor journalism? Im not sure i even understand that last bit.

-of course "experts" are going to chime in on what they believe. However, do you understand that in order to diagnose someone it generally revolves around multiple face to face, personal encounters, conducted over a stretch of time, right? The analogy i made was perfectly sound.

Why should what Trump says upset an evolved, intelligent individual? I did say people were more upset at the platform its said on than what is actually said. You did catch that, correct?

That's NOT what I said. But trump lies constantly and calls out the media if they criticize him....and justifiably.

No your analogy was childish. However, there are CLEAR markers in trump's behavior and he's public. It's not like he's a stranger. Behavior CAN be diagnosed.

What he says is disgusting. It's only made WORSE that's he president. But what he says should be anathema to educated individuals no matter what status he has.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3389 Posts

@JimB said:
@warmblur said:
@npiet1 said:
@warmblur said:

Fox news mostly.

What about the link you just posted with hearsay as source? That's untrustworthy by definition.

How? why would they randomly make this up? here's some points from it

Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

• Asked how the briefer reacted, the source recalled he said something to the effect of, "Sir, we'll look into that."
  • Trump replied by asking incredulously how many hurricanes the U.S. could handle and reiterating his suggestion that the government intervene before they make landfall.
  • The briefer "was knocked back on his heels," the source in the room added. "You could hear a gnat fart in that meeting. People were astonished. After the meeting ended, we thought, 'What the f---? What do we do with this?'"

So...... they made all this up to say bad things about Trump? pleaseee Trump is a moron and we all know it.

An unnamed source, unlike congressman Green who ask a Navy Admiral in a hearing about Guam if he was concerned the movement of equipment would tip the island over. Look it up and you can view the hearing. This coming form the man who is constantly introducing impeachment bills.

Well from what I heard everything Trump said is to be recorded and will be available in the future so we will wait and see. I bet when it's proven true Trumpers will just call it Fake news they ignore facts and just want to believe their own propaganda.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Heirren

@LJS9502_basic:

Then what in the world did you say? Trump calls out the media. They deserve to be called out because the media at large should do a better job presenting stories with less angular viewpoints, less agenda. This is regardless of what you believe. The simple fact of a President drawing attention to this is a good thing as it puts stress on the media to do a better job but also informs the public of "hey, this is the 'news' but please keep in mind it may not always be accurate."(generally speaking)

And no it is not childish at all. I live in Chicago in a bicycle heavy area where many many cyclists not only put themselves at danger but also are a concern for accidents and even moms pushing strollers down the sidewalk or at crosswalks. This is a case of extreme disregard for those around, and so self centered that it could be a trait of narcissism because if you were to stop them and tell them what they are doing wrong, theyd be aloof to the idea that its wrong, or confused by it, and then likely keep riding like that yada yada yada.

sonicare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#92 sonicare
Member since 2004 • 57006 Posts

I was reading the blog of some weather scientist who states that he regularly gets asked that question. Not sure why people think nuking hurricanes would work.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Horgen  Moderator

@heirren: Regulate the media more. As was used to until mid 80's.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Heirren

@horgen:

More conservative journalism, less social media. Real journalism is all but dead in the US, and those that abide by it get losy amongst social media agenda pushers.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Horgen  Moderator

@heirren said:

@horgen:

More conservative journalism, less social media. Real journalism is all but dead in the US, and those that abide by it get losy amongst social media agenda pushers.

Again, regulate it much more so news networks can't push an agenda.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 10183 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@warmblur said:

That's funny coming from you that is a hardcore Trump supporter that believes everything Fox news tells him. Let me ask you do you think Trump is the chosen one?

Are you trying to make a joke here? because I can´t count the times I have said that Trump is means to an end and I don´t care about him at all.

2 Supreme court justices were worth the vote.

Party over country.

"As long as my dying ideology and widely hated ideas get a chance (lol removing Roe, incels and old people FTL) I don't care what happens!"

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Heirren

@horgen:

Well how do you go about regulating free speech. People are going to find a way to spread propaganda, likely always.

When did things go from being a paid journalist to being a paid preacher? Maybe journalists could be a city/state funded occupation, but then wheres that leave city/state corruption?

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Horgen  Moderator

@heirren said:

@horgen:

Well how do you go about regulating free speech. People are going to find a way to spread propaganda, likely always.

When did things go from being a paid journalist to being a paid preacher? Maybe journalists could be a city/state funded occupation, but then wheres that leave city/state corruption?

People yes. But it would be better if they could not spread that propaganda when reading the news.

I'm not saying they can't have opinion pieces, but clearly label them as so. The news itself though should be as neutral as they can be. Deliver facts. A reporter can still lean one way or the other with the questions asked about a particular subject/topic. US had laws about this until mid-80's. Have a look at them again, maybe update them or fix parts that had unintended consequences or didn't work properly.

As for people spreading propaganda. That's no reason not to try. You're giving up before you even started.

And corruption will always be a problem. It's more of a personal thing though than policy (if that makes sense).

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Heirren

@horgen:

I agree but i am not that of the youtube generation so i cannot speak for the up and coming generation on how they recieve news and/or how much push outside media people have on them. Somehow this has all created an "everybodys opinion is correct" state and kids apparently cant think critically anymore because if everyone is right, whos wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic

@heirren said:

@horgen:

I agree but i am not that of the youtube generation so i cannot speak for the up and coming generation on how they recieve news and/or how much push outside media people have on them. Somehow this has all created an "everybodys opinion is correct" state and kids apparently cant think critically anymore because if everyone is right, whos wrong.

Except there is a segment.....trump fanboys....that just scream fake news at facts.