Trump says 'hopefully' states won't be allowed to count ballots after Election Day

• 85 results
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 14147 Posts

Trump says 'hopefully' states won't be allowed to count ballots after Election Day, which is a normal part of the electoral process

Why are they so scared of counting everyone's vote? People who in particular vote Democrat....

President Donald Trump on Wednesday suggested that courts should not allow states to count ballots after Election Day.

"Hopefully, the few states remaining that want to take a lot of time after November 3rd to count ballots, that won't be allowed by the various courts," Trump said at a press conference in Las Vegas.

But results are never finalized on election night and it's a normal part of the electoral process for ballots to be counted days or even weeks after voters go to the polls.

A record-breaking number of Americans are voting by mail due to the coronavirus pandemic, and mail-in, absentee, and provisional ballots take officials longer to process and count than in-person votes.

There are laws in every state that grant local officials days or even weeks — deadlines vary from state to state — to canvass and certify election results. States technically have until December 8, which is known as the "safe harbor" deadline, to fully certify results.

According to a New York Times report, only eight states expect to have at least 98% of unofficial results reported by midday on November 4.Trump, who is trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in the national polls, has baselessly claimed for months that mail-in voting will lead to widespread voter fraud. The president has refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses, and his campaign is expected to issue legal challenges in key states if results are close.

Just try to be more popular instead of constantly trying to cheat?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zaryia

@JimB said:

I saw Biden campaign signs in the cemetery, might take a while to count them.

Yawn. I know you know your party is less popular and that Trump has to do ludicrous stuff like this.....but at least TRY to defend it.

Not even sure if there is a defense.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

Another fail propaganda thread by a paid bot.

This fool posts 2 of these a day and doesn’t play videogames.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zaryia

@Sevenizz said:

Another fail propaganda thread by a paid bot.

This fool posts 2 of these a day and doesn’t play videogames.

Why aren't you banned for spamming these crazy false ad-homs in every thread.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sevenizz

@zaryia: Interesting. Your kind call me a racist, homophobe, stupid, Russian bot, bla bla bla - no merit on any accusation on the daily and I need to be censored? And yes I do think you’re a paid bot. Highly edited and spam like behaviour in frequency. Amped up close to an election.

Proves my point. Disagree with the Left and you must be shut down.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zaryia

@Sevenizz said:

@zaryia: Interesting. Your kind call me a racist, homophobe, stupid, Russian bot, bla bla bla - no merit on any accusation on the daily and I need to be censored? And yes I do think you’re a paid bot. Highly edited and spam like behaviour in frequency. Amped up close to an election.

Proves my point. Disagree with the Left and you must be shut down.

Back on topic: Why don't you want to count all the legitimate votes?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18473 Posts

@Sevenizz: So you think it's fine for Trump to try to delegitimize the election process by spreading lies about postal votes and post-election day ballot counts?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sevenizz

@Planeforger: @zaryia: Simple, source is New York Times. They’re fake news. I also don’t read paid bot poster’s threads.

Also, mass ballots have turned into a joke.

https://youtu.be/mgPJyEfG0C0

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18473 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@Planeforger: @zaryia: Simple, source is New York Times. They’re fake news. I also don’t read paid bot poster’s threads.

Haha! So let's use your metrics on this one:

• You don't believe the New York Times, which is a somewhat left-leaning media source with 'high' factual reporting
  • You do believe Project Veritas, which is an extremely right leaning media source with 'mixed' factual reporting
  • You've also echoed Trump's anti-intellectual buzzword 'fake news'

Wow. Okay.

Humour us though - if Trump did actually say votes should not be counted after election day, would you agree with him?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sevenizz

@Planeforger: There’s been months to cast and count ballots. Election Day is no secret. If you can’t make a deadline - they don’t qualify. Show up to a polling center the next day and let me know if they allow you to vote.

And yes, I don’t trust the New York Times and I do trust Project Veritas.

Besides - I thought you guys said the USPS was capable of handling ballots for the election? Y’all suddenly became experts on the topic.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10547 Posts

Nobody ever accused Trump of being patient. But no, hopefully justice will be carried out even if it isn't always convenient.

@Sevenizz: Except some state laws forbid counting before election day

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 19202 Posts

Yeah, we know. This is an undemocratic party.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sevenizz

@girlusocrazy: So count them the day of like they do with in person ballots?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

SCOTUS says they can. The Democrats just got those victories in North Carolina and Pennsylvania. Why is this a problem now?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 1192 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

SCOTUS says they can. The Democrats just got those victories in North Carolina and Pennsylvania. Why is this a problem now?

Because the SC did not have ACB at that time, now they can change the rules. After all, it was the reason why Trump was so desperate to put her on the SC before the election.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 1993 Posts

@zaryia said:
@JimB said:

Yawn. I know you know your party is less popular and that Trump has to do ludicrous stuff like this.....but at least TRY to defend it.

Says the party who wants to end the EC, pack the courts, censor political speech online, pack sanctuary cities prior to the census, and make DC into a state so they can get a couple more senators. Popular parties do not need to do all of that to gain and maintain power, do they?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 32614 Posts

What will happen on E-Day is most states should have enough data to declare a winner which will likely be biden at this point. So we will know if trump lost reelection within 5 hours of the polls closing at best. In theory what trump's suggesting might hurt some of the states still counting a significant amount ballots after election day like California and possibly some of the swing states, but in terms of the actual result I don't think it will matter much. I do expect him to change his mind when biden is crushing him in the EC and PV a few hours after the polls close.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 1192 Posts

The states could just count the votes by date, so the priority would be to early voting and mail in ballots instead of in person election day ones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@rmpumper: With no dissents? She wouldn’t have mattered.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 16505 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Wow, your complaints about people not taking your PV links seriously in your other thread aged like milk

Keep in mind, New York Times is a WIDELY accredited and respected outlet for journalism. Project Veritas is generally treated as a joke.

Wake me up when Project Veritas wins any awards for outstanding journalism.

https://www.nytco.com/company/prizes-awards/

Edit: And while I am at it: https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Project_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Sevenizz: Project Veritas = invalid opinion. Try a legit source.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Maroxad
@eoten said:
@zaryia said:
@JimB said:

Says the party who wants to end the EC, pack the courts, censor political speech online, pack sanctuary cities prior to the census, and make DC into a state so they can get a couple more senators. Popular parties do not need to do all of that to gain and maintain power, do they?

Not gonna go into the rest, but why the frick should DC NOT have Statehood? How is it fair for people living in DC (whom have a population bigger than some US states) to be robbed of representation, while still serving in wars and being taxed?

Wasnt one of the big mantras "Taxation without representation"? That is quite literally what the US is doing right now. And for the record, that also goes for the US territories, either grant them independence or make them a state.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Maroxad: DC shouldn’t be a state because he doesn’t want Democrats to get more seats. If they voted red he would be for it.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 JimB
Member since 2002 • 2924 Posts

DC was established to never be a state by the founding fathers.

@zaryia said:
@JimB said:

I can name two elections where the Republican had won the elections and mysteriously votes were found in a warehouse or a trunk of a car that changed the outcome of the election.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JimB

@zaryia said:
@JimB said:

The Republican party is more popular than the Democrat Party. There are thirty minorities running for congressional office all as Republicans.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maroxad

@JimB said:

DC was established to never be a state by the founding fathers.

@zaryia said:
@JimB said:

I can name two elections where the Republican had won the elections and mysteriously votes were found in a warehouse or a trunk of a car that changed the outcome of the election.

The country was also established to allow for slavery by the founding fathers...

...and allowed their constitution to be amended so future generations could correct their mistakes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@JimB: Name the elections, and you really think the Republicans are more popular? Hahaha! Just because some minorities run means nothing. Democrats are the largest party in America and more minorities support them. Facts!

And don’t lie about who is running.

Lucy mcbath - Democrat

Phyliss Harvey hall - Democrat

Adia Winfrey - Democrat

Terri sewell - Democrat

That’s for the house and there is more than 30 more all as Democrats. Can’t list them all from my phone, but I will when I am on my pc!

I will post the black Democrats running for senate to, force you to tell the truth!

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3292 Posts

@Sevenizz: @JimB:

Why don't you both attack the source and refute the claims instead of attacking the poster? Or are you both in denial?

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:
@zaryia said:
@JimB said:

Not gonna go into the rest, but why the frick should DC NOT have Statehood? How is it fair for people living in DC (whom have a population bigger than some US states) to be robbed of representation, while still serving in wars and being taxed?

Wasnt one of the big mantras "Taxation without representation"? That is quite literally what the US is doing right now. And for the record, that also goes for the US territories, either grant them independence or make them a state.

Republicans are patriotic constitutionalists until it's an inconvenience to them.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sevenizz

@Maroxad: https://youtu.be/m_dyyuCycRw

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Maroxad

@Sevenizz said:

@Maroxad: https://youtu.be/m_dyyuCycRw

Why do you back up one disreputable source with another? RT is a known propaganda outlet.

And that video does not undermine the credibility of NYT, only that YouTube favors NYT. It is pretty well known that the YouTube algorithms, and hte site itself favors Mainstream Media. There are many reasons for this, including that it is far more marketing and advertiser friendly.

Once again,

Wake me up when Project Veritas wins any awards for outstanding journalism.

Now that I wasted my time with that rubbish video, why don't you go and do the same and read the NYT that the TC linked as opposed to just trolling?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 171588 Posts

Voting varies by state law. The federal government should not interfere in that.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JimB

@thegreatchomp said:

@JimB: Name the elections, and you really think the Republicans are more popular? Hahaha! Just because some minorities run means nothing. Democrats are the largest party in America and more minorities support them. Facts!

And don’t lie about who is running.

Lucy mcbath - Democrat

Phyliss Harvey hall - Democrat

Adia Winfrey - Democrat

Terri sewell - Democrat

That’s for the house and there is more than 30 more all as Democrats. Can’t list them all from my phone, but I will when I am on my pc!

I will post the black Democrats running for senate to, force you to tell the truth!

The Black community has finally seen through the Democrat party that is all talk an no action when it came to improving their lives.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:

The Black community has finally seen through the Democrat party that is all talk an no action when it came to improving their lives.

Kind of hard to decipher that when the Republican senate blocks everything.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

The Democrats controlled the House and Senate for decades and did nothing to help the black community. Obama a Black president did not help them, Trump did and they will show it on election day.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

The Democrats controlled the House and Senate for decades and did nothing to help the black community. Obama a Black president did not help them, Trump did and they will show it on election day.

Nothing? $1.2 billion for Black farmers, expanded funding for HBCUs to $850 million over 10 years, ACA, created a civil rights division of the Justice Department, cut the Black unemployment rate in half, EITC and CTC, increased maximum Pell Grant, job training and employment programs, $170 million for Ready to work awarded by Department of Labor, Transportation Bill, cut mortgage premiums, retirement savings program, expanded access to paid leave, increased the minimum wage, CFPB, broadband access to low income housing, expanded overtime protections. All of these programs helped the Black community.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@JimB: Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia

@Sevenizz said:

@Planeforger: @zaryia: Simple, source is New York Times. They’re fake news.

Please show which quote is fake and prove it.

According to a New York Times report, only eight states expect to have at least 98% of unofficial results reported by midday on November 4.Trump, who is trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in the national polls, has baselessly claimed for months that mail-in voting will lead to widespread voter fraud. The president has refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses, and his campaign is expected to issue legal challenges in key states if results are close.

You don't want those legitimate votes counted because it hurts his chances. That's literally it. That's all it is.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zaryia

Explainer: Red mirage, blue mirage - Beware of early U.S. election wins

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-mirage-explainer/explainer-red-mirage-blue-mirage-beware-of-early-u-s-election-wins-idUSKBN2771CL

Don’t be fooled, voting experts and academics say. Early vote counts in the most competitive, battleground states can be particularly misleading this election because of the surge in mail-in or absentee ballots, and the different ways that they are processed.

The states that count mail-in votes before Election Day are likely to give Biden an early lead, since opinion polls and early voting data suggest those ballots favor the Democrat. Conversely, the states that do not tally mail-in votes until Nov. 3 will likely swing initially for Trump.

These so-called red or blue mirages will disappear as more ballots are counted, though experts say it may take days or even weeks to process the huge number of mail-in ballots, spurred by voters seeking to avoid crowded polling stations because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Be patient,” said Gerry Cohen, a member of the Wake County Board of Elections in North Carolina. “You need to count all of the votes, and that’s going to take some time.”

Scary stuff.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124304 Posts

Those votes are still part of the result.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 757 Posts

Trump is so going to try to steal this election. lmao

At least from an outsider's perspective will be a few more years of comedy.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 19202 Posts

WTF

netracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 netracing
Member since 2018 • 869 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

WTF

They're in full panic mode.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Maroxad

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Trump is so going to try to steal this election. lmao

At least from an outsider's perspective will be a few more years of comedy.

Tragedy actually.

Trump's win emboldened the worst over here. Biden winning could demoralize them, just like Marcon's win did.

Not to mention, you americans deserve competent leadership.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 11751 Posts

The first thing democrats should do IF THEY WIN is put forth a voting rights bill that ensures certain voting privileges' and rights at the federal level. This election has shown us that we have a political party actively working to keep people from voting. It's disgusting and scary in it's own right.

- Expand absentee voting
- Expand mail in voting
- Expand polling places based on regional population
- Automatic registration
- Same day registration
- Counting of all ballots post marked by election day
- Make election days national holidays (replace with Columbus day if people b*tch about paid holidays)
- Federal standards on voter roll purges

We should encourage public participation of voting, not limit it. This scares the GOP as they know it will hurt them. Any argument to voter fraud on their end is simply a farce.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 37728 Posts

Republicans have relied on voter suppression s long as I can remember, this is just them shamelessly doing it because they need to for keeping power, and because nobody is stopping them.

Texas Supreme Court just ruled that Texas can limit ballot drop boxes to one per county. Clearly only one reason to do this.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6613 Posts

If your ballot is postmarked by election day it should count. Period. Suppressing the vote and throwing out ballots is purely undemocratic and breaks down people's faith in the vote.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#48 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 46297 Posts

We definitely need a new term to describe election day, especially since over 60 million votes have already been cast. With ample time to cast votes, there's no cause to accept votes after the election.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

We definitely need a new term to describe election day, especially since over 60 million votes have already been cast. With ample time to cast votes, there's no cause to accept votes after the election.

I think this is more about people voting before election day but the post office not having the staff to process them.

Do you think that if people vote before election day their votes should not count because a party sabotages the US mail?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Nothing I've seen says votes are accepted if they are postmarked beyond election day.