Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

Trump just pardoned Joe Arpaio.

I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I am just the same. A presidential pardon is kind of an odd ending for a case about a man blatantly and proudly disregarding a court order.

Link

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I don't see the political gain accomplished by this. He had nothing to gain. The people that support Joe already support Trump. This decision only serves as fodder for the competition, especially for a man that flagrantly violated the law while being a high ranking law enforcement official.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Just saw that. He's disgusting. Trump....well so is Arpaio but Trump annoyed me with this. Laws don't matter for his friends I guess.....or they belong to the same clan.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbbpl

@HoolaHoopMan said:

I don't see the political gain accomplished by this. He had nothing to gain. The people that support Joe already support Trump. This decision only serves as fodder for the competition, especially for a man that flagrantly violated the law while being a high ranking law enforcement official.

Red meat? Maybe he's just trying to endear himself to his base?

I don't know, it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

As a voter that contributed to Arpaio losing his Sheriff seat, this is pretty amazing if not all that surprising.

One caveat that should not go unnoticed is that Arpaio was convicted of criminal discrimination only to have the ruling erased by the President prior to even the sentencing hearing.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Trump can no longer claim that he is a "law and order" candidate considering he just pardoned a criminal.

Can't wait to see how Trumpettes will spin this.

Bullet_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bullet_Sponge
Member since 2003 • 3579 Posts

@drunk_pi: it'll be something about patriots and liberal judges (maybe even a vague and misguided reference to the constitution). Not particularly original, but they'll hit all the major notes.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Red meat? Maybe he's just trying to endear himself to his base?

I don't know, it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

There was no political gain here.

It was simply a situation of Joe having Trumps back multiple times and Trump doing something he should not have done to help protect that person.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Trump just pardoned Joe Arpaio.

I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I am just the same. A presidential pardon is kind of an odd ending for a case about a man blatantly and proudly disregarding a court order.

Link

Let me guess the left is mad because this is Trump doing it.

Forgetting that Obama pardoned a traitor who went again the entire us because he was sick in the head.

The left is such a hypocritical side.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KOD

@Jacanuk said:

Forgetting that Obama pardoned a traitor who went again the entire us because he was sick in the head.

If you value a consistent, uncorrupted legal system, you should be concerned as well.

And If you have two functioning brain cells you'd understand the difference between what Obama did and what Trump did.... then again you probably would not have brought that up to begin with if this is the case.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacanuk

@kod said:
@Jacanuk said:

If you value a consistent, uncorrupted legal system, you should be concerned as well.

And If you have two functioning brain cells you'd understand the difference between what Obama did and what Trump did.... then again you probably would not have brought that up to begin with if this is the case.

Nothing corrupt here so not sure what you are getting at.

And it´s sad to see Political correctness hit a sheriff who took the only stand you can against illegal immigrants.

The rest of your comment is just so far out there that i wonder if you are even sane. Obama pardoned a traitor to America not a sheriff who's only crime was to take a hard stand against the illegal immigrants and defy a biased federal court order.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@kod said:
@Jacanuk said:

And it´s sad to see Political correctness hit a sheriff who took the only stand you can against illegal immigrants.

The rest of your comment is just so far out there that i wonder if you are even sane. Obama pardoned a traitor to America not a sheriff who's only crime was to take a hard stand against the illegal immigrants and defy a biased federal court order.

He was arrested AMERICAN CITIZENS. Many you swallow everything trump tells you..............

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@kod said:
@Jacanuk said:

He was arrested AMERICAN CITIZENS. Many you swallow everything trump tells you..............

No, we was stopping Mexicans to check if they were legal or illegal. a viable tactic since .... this may come as a surprise........Mexicans look like Mexicans whether they are legal or illegal and not like a snowflake or any other.

You may dislike him but he took the only stand you can against illegals , a hard stand and deport.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@kod said:
@Jacanuk said:

No, we was stopping Mexicans to check if they were legal or illegal. a viable tactic since .... this may come as a surprise........Mexicans look like Mexicans whether they are legal or illegal and not like a snowflake or any other.

You may dislike him but he took the only stand you can against illegals , a hard stand and deport.

Profiling is illegal and he threw American citizens in jail for days if they didn't have proof on them. You can't spin the truth. You're just lying now.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@kod said:

Profiling is illegal and he threw American citizens in jail for days if they didn't have proof on them. You can't spin the truth. You're just lying now.

Ok, how would you find illegal immigrants from mexico if you don´t stop Mexicans?

And profiling happen every day of the week in any law enforcement, it´s just when it becomes a political hot topic that it suddenly becomes illegal.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

So if you get a federal court order that you view as "biased" then you ought to ignore it?

Can you do the same with a normal court order you disapprove off?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk

@Treflis said:
@Jacanuk said:

So if you get a federal court order that you view as "biased" then you ought to ignore it?

Ehmm no , that is why he got found to be in contempt.

But there is no jail time so it´s nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

Trump can no longer claim that he is a "law and order" candidate considering he just pardoned a criminal.

Can't wait to see how Trumpettes will spin this.

Yep! Man, am I pissed about this.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@kod said:

Speaking of spinning the truth read how this whole thing went down. Joe legal rights were violated by the Justice system. Had the Obama Justice Department enforced the immigration laws the local authorities would not have been put in the position of having to do the Federal Governments job.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44152 Posts

Trump doing Trump things. So sad. lol

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl

Hard to believe we're defending a man for unconstitutionally jailing American citizens without due process.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Ok, how would you find illegal immigrants from mexico if you don´t stop Mexicans?

And profiling happen every day of the week in any law enforcement, it´s just when it becomes a political hot topic that it suddenly becomes illegal.

Seriously?

Why don't you just piss on the Bill of Rights while you're joining Trump and Arpaio in undermining due process rights?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

Hard to believe we're defending a man for unconstitutionally jailing American citizens without due process.

Sure, do you even know what he got charged with?

@Archangel3371 said:

Trump doing Trump things. So sad. lol

Ya , to bad he didn´t pardon another traitor to america right.

I hear Snowden is still around and waiting for a pardon.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44152 Posts

@Jacanuk: Yup, too bad.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Seriously?

Why don't you just piss on the Bill of Rights while you're joining Trump and Arpaio in undermining due process rights?

First, stopping Mexicans when looking for Mexicans does not violate anyone's civil rights, but love to hear your brilliant idea how to find illegals that does not violate your insane idea of civil rights.

And i love the left´s idea that suddenly the pardon should be challenged in court , would love to see that and see the left get burned on that one-

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

So the guy locks up citizens illegally and we treat him like a hero. Once again the right is defending dirty cops. I thought conservatives would be against this, but I guess not.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

After all the convicted criminals and even a treasonous criminal who were released in the last administration, I'm not surprised this has continued. This is obviously a little different as it's a pardon, but it's along the same lines.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:
@Jacanuk said:

Why was he pardoned then if no punishment occurred?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#30  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@mattbbpl:

We all knew this was coming. Trump had to reverse the anti-racist polarity he set by denouncing the Neo-Nazi protests. Either way, we know Joe isn't going to try that shit again any time soon. Thank god he's 88 and will be dead any day now. He's too old to do any more damage.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jacanuk

@Treflis said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:
@Jacanuk said:

Why was he pardoned then if no punishment occurred?

Mostly likely to secure him a return to politics.

Maybe next time Sheriff is up the Latino votes wont have the same turnout

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@Mercenary848 said:

So the guy locks up citizens illegally and we treat him like a hero. Once again the right is defending dirty cops. I thought conservatives would be against this, but I guess not.

He never locked up any citizens illegally.

If he did , don´t you think the federal gov. would have charged him with that as well.

Locking up illegals is the only right thing to do.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Quality twitter thread on this guy

https://twitter.com/phoenixnewtimes/status/901263384087334914

Top hits include: running a prison that he personally described as a concentration camp, suspiciously high unexplained death rate among inmates, barbaric subhuman officers, arresting newspaper reporters for covering him (lost a $3,750,000 settlement as a result), ignored hundreds of child sex abuse cases while sending investigators to Hawaii to look for obamas birth certificate, staged an assassination attempt against himself, hired a PI to investigate the judge and his family who ruled against him, supervised a swat raid where a puppy was lit on fire, and installed cameras in a bathroom.

Truly a hero to all the Trumptards.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KOD

@Jacanuk said:
@Mercenary848 said:

If he did , don´t you think the federal gov. would have charged him with that as well.

You cant be this stupid..........

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@Mercenary848 said:

He was deliberately targeting immigrants, as well as pursuing policies that resulted in racial profiling after he ignored a judge's order NOT to pursue such policies. In addition, his legal troubles include charges of misspending jail funds and using said funds to spy on political opponents.

He broke the law. Why are you defending dirty cops?

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@kod said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Mercenary848 said:

.....He never fails to lower the bar

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

@kod said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Got anything constructive or just your normal shit talk?

@Mercenary848 said:
@kod said:

.....He never fails to lower the bar

Look above

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Mercenary848 said:

He was deliberately targeting immigrants, as well as pursuing policies that resulted in racial profiling after he ignored a judge's order NOT to pursue such policies. In addition, his legal troubles include charges of misspending jail funds and using said funds to spy on political opponents.

He broke the law. Why are you defending dirty cops?

I'm not defending a dirty cop. Just not jumping on the hate wagon.

Despite his crazy things, he did the only right thing there is to do against illegals. lock them up and deport. And he had the right idea with his jail.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KOD

@Jacanuk said:

Normal shit talk? You mean me decimating you on every topic?

Meh... i was going to do it here but i could not get around how it seems that you have zero grasp of this topic or if you do, you simply dont care about lying about it. Because this is very obvious to everyone but you, i decided to go with my initial reaction.

@Jacanuk said:

I'm not defending a dirty cop. Just not jumping on the hate wagon.

You denied what he did. This is not you avoiding the "hate wagon", its you ignoring reality. Thats why everyone is sitting here dumbfounded at how amazingly stupid your argument is.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jacanuk

@kod said:
@Jacanuk said:

Normal shit talk? You mean me decimating you on every topic?

Meh... i was going to do it here but i could not get around how it seems that you have zero grasp of this topic or if you do, you simply dont care about lying about it. Because this is very obvious to everyone but you, i decided to go with my initial reaction.

Delusional much? you don´t decimate anyone, you just bore people until they stop debating because of your insane long posts with no substance.

But do please link to the credible source of Arpaio detaining citizens illegally.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Disgusting, but expected. Trump thinks racial profiling is a good thing. (stop and frisk)

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KOD

@Jacanuk said:

Delusional much? you don´t decimate anyone, you just bore people until they stop debating because of your insane long posts with no substance.

But do please link to the credible source of Arpaio detaining citizens illegally.

Right, details and information tend to bore people who dont know what they're talking about or, in your case, people who dislike reality.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/25/us/federal-judge-finds-violations-of-rights-by-sheriff-joe-arpaio.html?mcubz=3

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-sues-maricopa-county-sheriffs-office-illegal-arrest-and-detention-us-citizen-and-legal

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/24/politics/why-joe-arpaio-was-found-guilty/index.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/26/joe-arpaio-on-trial-for-illegal-immigrants-jailing/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2017/08/23/afc8ce00-882e-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5_story.html?utm_term=.bb2a18e6d38b

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/former_sheriff_joe_arpaio_is_found_guilty_of_criminal_contempt_for_defying

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/joe-arpaio-immigration-talk-court/2017/06/26/id/798336/

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/the-bird-wonders-why-sheriff-joe-arpaio-put-a-us-citizen-behind-bars-for-simply-appearing-mexican-6394830

If you do not understand this topic, you should bow out. You've demonstrated that you do not understand the topic or that you're willing to lie about it.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

Disgusting, but expected. Trump thinks racial profiling is a good thing. (stop and frisk)

Are you disgusted because it is Trump who issued the pardon or were you equally disgusted seven or eight months ago when the ex-president used his powers to do the same thing? I'd bet it is the former.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jacanuk

@kod said:
@Jacanuk said:

Right, details and information tend to bore people who dont know what they're talking about.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/25/us/federal-judge-finds-violations-of-rights-by-sheriff-joe-arpaio.html?mcubz=3

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-sues-maricopa-county-sheriffs-office-illegal-arrest-and-detention-us-citizen-and-legal

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/24/politics/why-joe-arpaio-was-found-guilty/index.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/26/joe-arpaio-on-trial-for-illegal-immigrants-jailing/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2017/08/23/afc8ce00-882e-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5_story.html?utm_term=.bb2a18e6d38b

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/former_sheriff_joe_arpaio_is_found_guilty_of_criminal_contempt_for_defying

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/joe-arpaio-immigration-talk-court/2017/06/26/id/798336/

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/the-bird-wonders-why-sheriff-joe-arpaio-put-a-us-citizen-behind-bars-for-simply-appearing-mexican-6394830

If you do not understand this topic, you should bow out. You've demonstrated that you do not understand the topic or that you're willing to lie about it.

You don't use details or information, you use long posts with no substance.

Also a few of the links is about his so called racial profiling contempt charge , and the rest is subjective based accusations because MCSO stopped and detained n Latinos in their hunt for illegals. under their joint ICE jurisdiction. Which they have every right in doing.

Also the last link is hilarious, of course the guy had 2000$ in his wallet, which just destroys the rest of his credibility and the story, but of course the "journalists" don´t question that. But then again it is a far-left site with no real journalists attached.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@mattbbpl said:

Are you surprised by this? It's the usuals.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mattbbpl

@HoolaHoopMan: This party is becoming more and more defined by hatred and authoritarianism. I grow increasingly disgusted with it by the week.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HoolaHoopMan

@mattbbpl said:

@HoolaHoopMan: This party is becoming more and more defined by hatred and authoritarianism. I grow increasingly disgusted with it by the week.

Plenty of us are. I've come to the realization that a certain part of our population is just incapable of rehabilitation at this point...perhaps they have been all this time. Trump has allowed this segment of society to boil to the top and surface in public.

I hope in 3 years that people will realize the error they made by creating the false equivalence between the two candidates last fall.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

Not really, The left is just moving further and further away from reality.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@iambatman7986 said:

Are you disgusted because it is Trump who issued the pardon or were you equally disgusted seven or eight months ago when the ex-president used his powers to do the same thing? I'd bet it is the former.

It depends on the case. I agree with some pardons and disagree with others. The fact that trump did this does not factor in to my decision outside of further cementing his stance on certain issues. I mean trump feels that a person should be able to be stopped, frisked, and detained due to the color of that persons skin which is what arpaio was doing. I have a big issue with that considering I have Mexican, African American, and Greek family members who should not have to go through racial profiling. I do not agree with every pardon Obama did, but to say that what arpaio was doing was okay makes a very large statement to me as a citizen, a statement I do not like or agree with.

If Obama had've pardoned arpaio, I would have questioned his moral compass just like I question trumps.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Not really, The left is just moving further and further away from reality.

Case in point, this guy ^^^^^^.

Disconnected from reality and defending Arpaio's flagrant violation of civil rights.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:
@Solaryellow said:
@iambatman7986 said:

It depends on the case. I agree with some pardons and disagree with others. The fact that trump did this does not factor in to my decision outside of further cementing his stance on certain issues. I mean trump feels that a person should be able to be stopped, frisked, and detained due to the color of that persons skin which is what arpaio was doing. I have a big issue with that considering I have Mexican, African American, and Greek family members who should not have to go through racial profiling. I do not agree with every pardon Obama did, but to say that what arpaio was doing was okay makes a very large statement to me as a citizen, a statement I do not like or agree with.

If Obama had've pardoned arpaio, I would have questioned his moral compass just like I question trumps.

That's a good, honest answer and one that finds me in agreement for the most part. I generally frown upon these presidential pardons because the will of the judge/jury is undermined and unless a gross, obvious miscarriage of justice is exemplified, I don't think there is a place. The reasonign why so many happen is highly questionable and, IMO, immoral.