Trump orders national guard to Mexican border.

• 138 results
N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@drunk_pi said:

This doesn't have to do with compassion. The OP referred them as "invaders" as if they were a military force set to invade our lands, which is why he deserves to be mocked for his stupidity.

The caravan is literally just a bunch of starving men, women, and children who want to get out of Honduras. That's not me being compassionate, that's reality of their situation. They're not invaders.

If they're coming into a country by force, without permission, that is kind of the definition of invader.

and again the first question that comes to my mind is the same question I asked when I was a kid during the 80s about Russians.

WHY? Why are they invading.

and on our other conversation where this is leading is this:

some think its easier to have a war then it is to tighen up security around social security cards.

It's not a war if you stop people from coming in. You're blaming somebody's desire to take something on the people that have it, just because they have it.

That's like saying the jews should have changed their lifestyle, because it was too tempting for the nazi's to take it.

really? I was not aware of the fine line between invaders that need a military to stop them from invading and it technically not being a ware because you are successful in stopping them.

but ok fair enough whatever you want to call it I am less concerned with semantics

You're not arguing within reality. When you get questioned, you dodge out.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

This makes a lot more sense than the damn wall.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

If they're coming into a country by force, without permission, that is kind of the definition of invader.

and again the first question that comes to my mind is the same question I asked when I was a kid during the 80s about Russians.

some think its easier to have a war then it is to tighen up security around social security cards.

It's not a war if you stop people from coming in. You're blaming somebody's desire to take something on the people that have it, just because they have it.

That's like saying the jews should have changed their lifestyle, because it was too tempting for the nazi's to take it.

really? I was not aware of the fine line between invaders that need a military to stop them from invading and it technically not being a ware because you are successful in stopping them.

but ok fair enough whatever you want to call it I am less concerned with semantics

no I am serious, take what I said and replace the word 'war' with a different label that accuracy describes what it is and my point still stands the same.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

no I am serious, take what I said and replace the word 'war' with a different label that accuracy describes what it is and my point still stands the same.

You were talking about war, stop back peddling.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

let me help a bit

some think its easier to have a [what word is appropriate here?] then it is to tighen up security around social security cards.

whatever you want to call it, its likely going to not change my point 'miltiary exercise'? same point 'military situation'? same point 'situation'? same point 'altercation'? same point

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

let me help a bit

some think its easier to have a [what word is appropriate here?] then it is to tighen up security around social security cards.

whatever you want to call it, its likely going to not change my point 'miltiary exercise'? same point 'military situation'? same point 'situation'? same point 'altercation'? same point

What the hell are you talking about?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

let me help a bit

when our country has wars there is often debates over what to call it 'oh its not a war its an 'engagement'' or whatever.

the point is not in the label, the point is in the illustration of force regardless of what you call it.

so here let me revise what I said.

'some think its easier to have a strong show of military force then it is to tighen up security around social security cards.'

is that better?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

let me help a bit

when our country has wars there is often debates over what to call it 'oh its not a war its an 'engagement'' or whatever.

the point is not in the label, the point is in the illustration of force regardless of what you call it.

'some think its easier to have a strong show of military force then it is to tighen up security around social security cards.'

is that better?

This is the dumbest conversation I've been in, and you've seen my threads.

Lets replace other words while we're at it. That way it's not a debate or conversation and anything can mean anything.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

let me help a bit

is that better?

Lets replace other words while we're at it. That way it's not a debate or conversation and anything can mean anything.

then I guess we are done.

fair enough, better then usual disagreements lately though.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

let me help a bit

is that better?

We were done when you took a conversation, changed it's meaning, and said words don't mean anything.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

Wall + roaming A-10s + National Guard to shore up Boarder Patrol on the ground.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

remove to motivation to come here, problem solved

?

if an immigrant does not want to come here, then they will not come here

remove the motivation to come here.

not sure I can explain it any more basic

You can't remove the desire to come here.

I get what you're saying, but I'm confused on what you're actually proposing.

here are the top reasons people say immigrants come here

1. to sell drugs

2. to take advantage our welfare

3. to work

remove the loop holes in welfare, have strong punishment against employers who hire illegals, make the process of proving you are legal for employment more clear, either legalize drugs here or remove the desire to want to buy them thru various social programs

Thus people will not come here.

easier than a wall

Why do we not want these immigrants to come here? Without them, we would have a fairly significant labor shortage, especially in the agriculture sector. Apparently republicans are in favor of less regulation, unless that lack of regulation might end up benefiting poor Hispanic people.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

is that better?

We were done when you took a conversation, changed it's meaning, and said words don't mean anything.

your right, my mistake.

I reallly misspoke and should not have put it that way, I apologize

what I really mean to say is that some think its easier to have a strong show of military force then it is to tighten up security around social security cards.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 N64DD

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

?

1. to sell drugs

3. to work

remove the loop holes in welfare, have strong punishment against employers who hire illegals, make the process of proving you are legal for employment more clear, either legalize drugs here or remove the desire to want to buy them thru various social programs

easier than a wall

Why do we not want these immigrants to come here? Without them, we would have a fairly significant labor shortage, especially in the agriculture sector. Apparently republicans are in favor of less regulation, unless that lack of regulation might end up benefiting poor Hispanic people.

Nobody has a problem with immigrants. We have a problem with illegal immigration.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@airraidjet said:

Wall + roaming A-10s + National Guard to shore up Boarder Patrol on the ground.

why would we burden ourselves with the cost and maintenance of all of those things. And what's the point of having roaming warplanes?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PurpleMan5000

@n64dd said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

1. to sell drugs

3. to work

easier than a wall

Nobody has a problem with immigrants. We have a problem with illegal immigration.

Unfortunately, we don't admit enough immigrants legally each year to meet our labor demands.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

This doesn't have to do with compassion. The OP referred them as "invaders" as if they were a military force set to invade our lands, which is why he deserves to be mocked for his stupidity.

The caravan is literally just a bunch of starving men, women, and children who want to get out of Honduras. That's not me being compassionate, that's reality of their situation. They're not invaders.

Is there a reason they can not lay a foundation in Mexico?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Agriculture gets more attention than it deserves.. Ok second highest according to this.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd said:

Sorry to butt in so late on this.

To work somewhere. Don't you have to provide bank details to your employer for them to be able to pay you? A bank account you can't get without having a social security number??

Could also connect any kind of benefits to only be given to those who got a social security number.. Aren't you guys doing this already?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PurpleMan5000

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:

Sorry to butt in so late on this.

To work somewhere. Don't you have to provide bank details to your employer for them to be able to pay you? A bank account you can't get without having a social security number??

Could also connect any kind of benefits to only be given to those who got a social security number.. Aren't you guys doing this already?

Your employer could just give you a check. If they know you are illegal, they might just pay you cash.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 horgen  Moderator

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Your employer could just give you a check. If they know you are illegal, they might just pay you cash.

Ah. To be honest, I haven't seen a check as long as I have lived. My country stopped using them decades ago. At least widely used. As for being paid cash. I don't know if it is illegal, but good luck passing a credit check. Also if you wish to deposit the money yourself to your account, you will at least garner the interest of the banks own whitewashing unit and quite possible the police as well. Put it short: Cash isn't king anymore here.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PurpleMan5000

@horgen said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Ah. To be honest, I haven't seen a check as long as I have lived. My country stopped using them decades ago. At least widely used. As for being paid cash. I don't know if it is illegal, but good luck passing a credit check. Also if you wish to deposit the money yourself to your account, you will at least garner the interest of the banks own whitewashing unit and quite possible the police as well. Put it short: Cash isn't king anymore here.

It's not ideal, but if you are undocumented, you have to make the most of the options available to you. Cash would be the best by far because if you receive a paycheck, you would be taxed with no way of getting a refund and no way of ever benefiting from the social security/medicare you would be charged. You would also need to actually have a bank account (can be difficult to come by as an illegal) to either deposit or cash your paycheck without being raped by fees. You would probably need to find an employer who is fully aware that you are working illegally for them to actually agree to pay you under the table with cash, though. I think most of the people who get paid cash probably work odd seasonal jobs. I'm not sure how well it would work long-term.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 N64DD

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@n64dd said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

1. to sell drugs

3. to work

easier than a wall

Unfortunately, we don't admit enough immigrants legally each year to meet our labor demands.

i'm with you, but there are health issues as well.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@n64dd said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@tryit said:

1. to sell drugs

3. to work

easier than a wall

when did that new meme start?

the 'we have to keep them out because of illnesses' meme?

I havent heard of that one until today

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@drunk_pi said:

Is there a reason they can not lay a foundation in Mexico?

They already have. Some will continue northbound. Central Americans have always attempted to flee violence from the region and Mexico has usually halted their migration north.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@n64dd said:

Go on the CDC site and read about all the shots you need to get that they don't have down there. Read about Zika and how widespread it is down there, and the effects it can have on pregnant women. I have friends that are doctors and nurses in Detroit that have to deal with this shit.

Just because you're not aware of it, doesn't mean it's a meme.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@n64dd said:

Go on the CDC site and read about all the shots you need to get that they don't have down there. Read about Zika and how widespread it is down there, and the effects it can have on pregnant women. I have friends that are doctors and nurses in Detroit that have to deal with this shit.

Zika comes from mosquitoes and has hit some of the states.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

that is not what I am asking.

I am not asking if the claim is valid or not, I am asking where did you hear about it lately.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 horgen  Moderator

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It's not ideal, but if you are undocumented, you have to make the most of the options available to you. Cash would be the best by far because if you receive a paycheck, you would be taxed with no way of getting a refund and no way of ever benefiting from the social security/medicare you would be charged. You would also need to actually have a bank account (can be difficult to come by as an illegal) to either deposit or cash your paycheck without being raped by fees. You would probably need to find an employer who is fully aware that you are working illegally for them to actually agree to pay you under the table with cash, though. I think most of the people who get paid cash probably work odd seasonal jobs. I'm not sure how well it would work long-term.

Illegal here and you can't get a bank account. As for cash... Not the safest method for either party really.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Illegal here and you can't get a bank account. As for cash... Not the safest method for either party really.

Lots of employers pay employees under the table including citizens.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

Yes sir. Look at the outbreak map in Mexico though.

@tryit A week ago at Henry Ford hospitals in Detroit from people working there, treating people. Tuberculosis is coming back through Central America. They don't have vaccines for a lot of stuff down there, hence why you need a lot of shots and are not supposed to drink the water when you're in Mexico.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

again..

what inspired you to look at the outbreak maps in mexico to have that knowledge.

people dont just wake up one morning randomly and say 'gee I wonder if immigrants are coming here with illnesses'

so where did you hear about this? why havent we heard this talking point until lately?

ah nevermind, after doing some research I found my answer...it came from Trump. now where did he get it from I dont know yet but working on it

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

again..

what inspired you to look at the outbreak maps in mexico to have that knowledge.

people dont just wake up one morning randomly and say 'gee I wonder if immigrants are coming here with illnesses'

so where did you hear about this? why havent we heard this talking point until lately?

I travel internationally a lot for work. My company which is one of the larger car companies was told it was not safe to send people to Mexico for a month. I have to keep track of CDC to know if I can travel to a site or not.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

again..

I travel internationally a lot for work. My company which is one of the larger car companies was told it was not safe to send people to Mexico for a month. I have to keep track of CDC to know if I can travel to a site or not.

so this is something you have known for a good amount time now.

right?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

again..

right?

Yup.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

again..

right?

Yup.

so why are you just bringing it up now?

the debate of immigrants has been around for years. why are we having this conversation about disease just now?

I havent been able to find a good answer on the internet, it appears its been a subject for several years but for some reason I have only heard about it now, from you guys

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: where did I say that Mexicans were only good for that ? You got to work on those reading comprehension skills pal, read again.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

again..

right?

Yup.

the debate of immigrants has been around for years. why are we having this conversation about disease just now?

I havent been able to find a good answer on the internet, it appears its been a subject for several years but for some reason I have only heard about it now, from you guys

I have before.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

right?

Yup.

I have before.

ok fair enough, and my research backs up that it has been a thing for awhile.

just never hit my radar until yesterday

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DrLostRib

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

@tryit A week ago at Henry Ford hospitals in Detroit from people working there, treating people. Tuberculosis is coming back through Central America. They don't have vaccines for a lot of stuff down there, hence why you need a lot of shots and are not supposed to drink the water when you're in Mexico.

They do have vaccines and immunization policies for TB in south and central america. The US actually does not vaccinate for TB

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 PurpleMan5000

We need a wall to keep the Mexican mosquitoes out, apparently.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#93 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Nah, we need a wall to keep out those illegals who do not give a shit about law and order.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DrLostRib

@Jacanuk said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Nah, we need a wall to keep out those illegals who do not give a shit about law and order.

better hope they don't bring a rope

“Once they get up there,” he said, “there will be no way to get down. Well, maybe a rope"

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PurpleMan5000

@Jacanuk said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

They don't seem to be causing any problems, really.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 N64DD

@PurpleMan5000 said:

You people don't think whatsoever.

@tryit It's a large issue that nobody really thinks about.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#97 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

That is a matter of opinions.

But they are breaking the law by simply being here and that is enough.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Americans break laws all the time too. And I'm not talking criminals. Watch how people drive.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Americans break laws all the time too. And I'm not talking criminals. Watch how people drive.

They are not breaking a law by just being here. I know there are some that are not legal, aren't here illegally. I'm talking in general.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

They are not breaking a law by just being here. I know there are some that are not legal, aren't here illegally. I'm talking in general.

Breaking the law is breaking the law. You either follow it or you don't. There is no gray area but nice deflection try. At least the effort was there even if the logic was not.