Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

Trump is losing the meme war to 2020 upstart already, Internet memers flock to Andrew Yang’s campaign centered around AI driven mass job loss and universal basic income (UBI). See #YangGang. Donald has betrayed his base and they are tired of his constant disappointments so they have rallied around Andrew Yang a man of the people who promises an annual income of $1000 a month and to end the wars in the middle east. Is he destined to become the next POTUS?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Are you being directly paid by Yang's PR department, or is this just a passion project for you?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

That guys more of a joke then Trump lol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@vfighter said:

Why?

I haven't seen him make over 4,000 lies or straight up say cartoonish shit like climate change is a hoax.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@zaryia: does anyone agree climate change is a hoax? I hear lefties say this all the time that people on the right think it's hoax. The debate is what impact mankind actually has on it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Are you being directly by Yang's PR department, or is this just a passion project for you?

No, praising Ariana Grande would be something Elpresador-911 is paid to do. :P

@zaryia said:
@vfighter said:

Why?

I haven't seen him make over 4,000 lies or straight up say cartoonish shit like climate change is a hoax.

Honestly, to beat Trump in amount of lies, you have to work for it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Who is Andrew Yang and why would anyone care?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: does anyone agree climate change is a hoax? I hear lefties say this all the time that people on the right think it's hoax. The debate is what impact mankind actually has on it.

1. I'm just stating what Trump said. He regularly has had pure climate denial to cartoonish levels. Yang isn't nearly as dumb.

2. Actually a lot of Republicans are wrong on the fundamentals,

https://news.gallup.com/poll/231530/global-warming-concern-steady-despite-partisan-shifts.aspx

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

And they'll go right back to Trump when Yang doesn't get the nod from the DNC.

@Jacanuk said:

Democratic candidate for president who is running along the lines of being financially competent, and wants to establish a UBI of $1000/mo for every American, no questions asked.

Seems pretty moderate, otherwise. But even for me a UBI sounds a bit out there. Still...I wouldn't complain about an extra 12k/year, especially if it's tax free.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: Yes but Democrats have been fear mongering this for years. It's nowhere near as drastic as they claim.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ipsnews.net/2018/11/extreme-weather-not-proof-global-warming-nasa-global-cooling/amp/

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

Twitter? We might as well call the election now!

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I can get behind the UBI idea but where will he the money from? I don't really feel optimistic about leaving the middle east but Iraq is fine. I feel like Afghan will go the same route as USA leaving Vietnam.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Never heard of him until today, but he sounds promising from first impressions. He's an outsider, not part of the political establishment, an entrepreneur, and his politics are reminiscent of Bernie Sanders.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

And they'll go right back to Trump when Yang doesn't get the nod from the DNC.

@Jacanuk said:

Democratic candidate for president who is running along the lines of being financially competent, and wants to establish a UBI of $1000/mo for every American, no questions asked.

Seems pretty moderate, otherwise. But even for me a UBI sounds a bit out there. Still...I wouldn't complain about an extra 12k/year, especially if it's tax free.

Oh, one of those. Guess Finland and Switzerland didn´t teach him anything.

But good luck to him, not sure he will go far but considering the rest of the pack, rather have him than Booker or Harris.

Can´t believe though that Biden has not announced yet, but then again there is still a long time until the first primary.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: Yes but Democrats have been fear mongering this for years. It's nowhere near as drastic as they claim.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ipsnews.net/2018/11/extreme-weather-not-proof-global-warming-nasa-global-cooling/amp/

Straw-man argument. I never stated there wasn't at least some (what %?) Democrats who took the factual AGW and CC out of proportion. I'm aware some studies and politicians likely (although not nearly the majority) over-state the effects.

My main point was Trump has said cartoonishly stupid things regarding AGW/CC while Yang hasn't said anything nearly as stupid ingeneral, the post I quoted directly tried to compare the two men which is laughable. Furthermore, the vast majority of Republicans are wrong on AGW/CC. They do not think it has had any effect and do not think humans are involved at all, going by 2017-2018 polling.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: Are you serious now? The left would have you believe the world will be uninhabitable in 50 years. These are arguments made by actual politicians and celebrities. So tell me who's worse?

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#17 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 491 Posts

I support Yang and if you actually bother to look into it, He makes a lot of great points (UBI included). Essentially, with UBI, You either get the $1000 a month or you continue to get welfare, food stamps, whatever government assistance you get. You don't get both. It's paid by implementing a VAT (value added tax) to companies in order for them to pay their fair share. It's also paid due to the now increased demand that the additional 12k a year most Americans will be getting, You now have to create additional jobs in order to make up for it. The more demand, The more jobs equals more taxes. So it's a win-win for all and the best part is the moment you turn 18, You can get UBI.

Another thing I really like about Yang is that his message isn't exclusive to the left, It appeals to everyone. He speaks to the people and not just one exclusive group. He also doesn't play the racial or identity politics game in order to earn more votes, and as a Democrat myself, I know a lot of candidates (especially Sanders) do this. If you are genuinely curious about what he has to offer, Listen to him speak or check out his website.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

UBI is a joke, he cites states like Alaska that pay their population $$$ each year...what he doesn't tell is Alaska makes a ton of cash on oil and that's how they fund the money handed out. Same with Nevada, the taxes from gambling funds the money handed out. Where will the money come from for the other 48 states? He's like a younger Bernie Sanders, free free free!!! Its a gimmick to get younger uninformed voters all excited, FREE!!!

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@blackhairedhero: sure it's not drastic if can call the deserts of the world not drastic and the general dryness of Africa not drastic

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I heard Sam Harris talking about this guy over a year ago. When I first heard of UBI I was like "get the **** out of here". Now I have mixed feelings about it. The dude is interesting.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#21 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@vfighter: Universal basic income is an economic theory that's been around for a while. From what I understand, the money to pay for UBI comes from tech-driven economic growth, UBI contributes to economic growth by encouraging people to spend or invest more, and that UBI would help those that lose their jobs to technology. A number of tech leaders, such as Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk, appear to support the idea. However, it would be a radical economic experiment, as UBI has never been tested before on the scale that Yang is proposing.