Trump begins taking the drug - hydroxychloroquine... here we go again.

• 80 results
narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 1823 Posts

He's a bit of an odd one. The Chinese emporers who used to take mercury comes mind.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#52 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 45689 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So, it's not his body and his choice? Who really cares?

Dude come on....he's president....not some unknown.

And the President can make health decisions for himself and his body, regardless of the keyboard warrior crowd who obsess over every comment, news article, and blurb.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Haters gonna hate no matter what Trump does. 🤷

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122963 Posts

Language folks.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 12121 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So, it's not his body and his choice? Who really cares?

Dude come on....he's president....not some unknown.

And the President can make health decisions for himself and his body, regardless of the keyboard warrior crowd who obsess over every comment, news article, and blurb.

People are influenced by the POTUS. I know it might be a foreign idea in the age of Trump, but it's still true. And always has been true. They set an example for some. They are leaders.

We merely think this happens to be very poor influence, considering new data on hydroxychloroquine. Certainly it isn't keyboard warriors releasing these new studies.

He's doubling down on being wrong, as he always done. He was wrong about this drug.

Phil_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 Phil_Spencer
Member since 2018 • 19 Posts

He's making serious bank. Remember he is a businessman.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia: No, it's the keyboard warriors who obsess over every Trump article, tweet, or blurb. We're all pretty familiar just who those folks are.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zaryia

@comeonman said:
@drunk_pi said:

Notice how there are no Trump supporters and apologists in this thread?

Maybe because it's just another anti-Trump circle jerk on Gamespot PG?

No, it's because of the new studies came out showing Trump was wrong on this drug (like how he's wrong on many science topics), and medical guidelines showing he probably shouldn't be taking it. You can only respond with ad-homs now.

That's literally the reason not many Trumpers clicked here, as they don't on many Covid threads. Studies and Data. Can't argue against them.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zaryia

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@zaryia: No, it's the keyboard warriors who obsess over every Trump article, tweet, or blurb. We're all pretty familiar just who those folks are.

I mean he's the POTUS and this is a political forum section.....

That's some weird shade you're throwing. It's like guys in SW calling each other nerds.

How about Trump stop doing stupid shit lol.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36402 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

yeah, i doubt that's going to happen anytime soon..

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3090 Posts

@comeonman said:
@drunk_pi said:

Do you want an audience? You must like it when other people watch ;)

Are you defending him for taking a faulty cure that causes serious side effects? Are you okay with his conflict of interests regarding the "cure?"

ComeOnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ComeOnMan
Member since 2017 • 350 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@comeonman said:
@drunk_pi said:

Are you defending him for taking a faulty cure that causes serious side effects? Are you okay with his conflict of interests regarding the "cure?"

None of the above.

I was just giving a possible explanation for your observation about the lack of non-anti-Trump-sky-screamers participating in this thread.

What I don't understand is why you guys, and gals, care what meds Trump takes. Takes a certain kind of obsession to get worked up about this. An unhealthy obsession in my opinion.

So, carry on. I won't interfere in your little "session" any further.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Drunk_PI

@comeonman said:
@drunk_pi said:
@comeonman said:
@drunk_pi said:

None of the above.

I was just giving a possible explanation for your observation about the lack of non-anti-Trump-sky-screamers participating in this thread.

What I don't understand is why you guys, and gals, care what meds Trump takes. Takes a certain kind of obsession to get worked up about this. An unhealthy obsession in my opinion.

Says "none of the above." Also says, "Why does it matter?"

So you're okay with him taking a faulty cure that provides no actual protection against covid-19 and causes serious side effects, in which can effect his decision-making as president of the United States?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I mean he's the POTUS and this is a political forum section.....

That's some weird shade you're throwing. It's like guys in SW calling each other nerds.

Again, it's the obsessive behavior I'm referring too.

Ah, SW. Yes, fanboys obsessed with an inanimate object, coupled with unwavering loyalty to a corporation. Fanboys are an unique breed; in fact, their veracity is similar to that of social keyboard warriors so that's a decent comparison.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Zaryia

Useless squabbling out of the way here is the data and facts, which we should be talking about.

Antimalarial drug touted by President Trump is linked to increased risk of death in coronavirus patients, study says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/22/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-study/

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-05-23/New-study-links-hydroxychloroquine-to-increased-risk-of-COVID-19-death-QIHWXKofgA/index.html

I'm sure some people magically won't respond to this, hard to use ad-homs when studies are linked.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36402 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@comeonman said:
@drunk_pi said:
@comeonman said:
@drunk_pi said:

None of the above.

Says "none of the above." Also says, "Why does it matter?"

So you're okay with him taking a faulty cure that provides no actual protection against covid-19 and causes serious side effects, in which can effect his decision-making as president of the United States?

what's it going to do? make his decision making worse?

ComeOnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ComeOnMan

@drunk_pi:

Yes, I am okay with Trump taking this med.

So you're worried taking this med will effect Trump's decision making??

Up until now its been okay, but now you're worried ?!?!?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Drunk_PI

@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

Would you take it?

ComeOnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ComeOnMan

@drunk_pi said:
@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

Would you take it?

Okay. Despite the fact that you keep moving the goal posts, I'll play along.

Would I take it as a prophylactic? No. If I actually become infected and my doctor and I decide I might derive significant symptom relief from it, which in turn would allow me to rest better, giving my body a better chance to fight off the virus, then yes.

But you have to understand, I am not in fear of this virus. I'm in my mid 50s and one thing I know is that I am blessed with one of those immune systems that kicks the dog shit out of anything that attempts to infect my body. Just luck of the draw on the genetics.

So, now that I have responded fully to your question, tell me this: WTF difference does it make what choices I make for my health and welfare? I am not Donald J Trump, and I would not begin to think I know what is the best course of medical treatment for the man.

Are you Donald J Trump?

If not, WTF makes you think you have any insight in to what is the best course of medical treatment for the man? Some bullshit you read on the internet?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Drunk_PI

@comeonman said:

Okay. Despite the fact that you keep moving the goal posts, I'll play along.

Would I take it as a prophylactic? No. If I actually become infected and my doctor and I decide I might derive significant symptom relief from it, which in turn would allow me to rest better, giving my body a better chance to fight off the virus, then yes.

But you have to understand, I am not in fear of this virus. I'm in my mid 50s and one thing I know is that I am blessed with one of those immune systems that kicks the dog shit out of anything that attempts to infect my body. Just luck of the draw on the genetics.

So, now that I have responded fully to your question, tell me this: WTF difference does it make what choices I make for my health and welfare? I am not Donald J Trump, and I would not begin to think I know what is the best course of medical treatment for the man.

Are you Donald J Trump?

If not, WTF makes you think you have any insight in to what is the best course of medical treatment for the man? Some bullshit you read on the internet?

Do medical professionals and reputable health organizations count as bullshit? Should I pursue fox news for OAN for all my news on healthcare in relation to COVID-19?

Could say the same for those on this forum who make excuses that do not dismiss the argument in that you have a world leader taking a questionable drug that causes serious side effects that can affect him physically and mentally and has no proven chance of curing COVID-19.

You might find someone who cares what you think but the virus doesn't care what you think and who you are. Hope you don't catch it but if you do.... well... you can read about it. Thoughts and prayers though. ;)

The drug causes serious side effects and isn't proven to stop the virus. I don't support the president, nor his actions. I'm not callous in that I want anyone to die but him taking an unproven cure, touting its benefits, and the problems associated with it can make things worse for the country itself, and the country is already worse off since he took office.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 169604 Posts

@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

You know this how? By his incoherent rambling? His crazy suggestions? His refusal to pay attention to experts? This is okay behavior to you?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zaryia

@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

I'm not, for 2 reasons.

1. Going by the studies he probably shouldn't be, and I do not want him to die. The fact I, his biggest "hater", have more concern for his life than some of his cultists here is astounding.

2. He's POTUS, people look up to him and copy him. Last thing we need is random people taking it as well. I think this already happened.

It doesn't help according to the latest study. In fact it's a RISK. They say it can be dangerous and even fatal for certain people with Covid.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zaryia

rofl,

Trump claims hydroxychloroquine has ‘rave reviews,’ slams Columbia University

https://nypost.com/2020/05/24/trump-claims-hydroxychloroquine-is-getting-rave-reviews/

In the Sinclair interview Trump also ripped Columbia University after it published a study claiming that if the lockdown had been in effect two weeks earlier, as many as 54,000 lives would have been saved.

“Columbia University is a liberal, disgraceful institution, to write that,” he said.

“I saw that report from Columbia University and it is a disgrace that they would play right to their little group of people to tell them what to do,” he continued.

The Trump administration and states began lockdown efforts on March 15.

The US death toll from coronavirus has surpassed 92,000.

Bonkers. Where is Trump's citation for this?

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#75 phbz
Member since 2009 • 5594 Posts

Can't wait for the accolade trailer for Hydroxychloroquine.

ComeOnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ComeOnMan

@drunk_pi:

You're not concerned about Trump's health. You're not concerned about this drug having a detrimental effect on his decision making because you think his decision making up to this point is atrocious.

You, along with your fellow travelers on this site, have, once again, found an action of Trump's that you can point to as proof that your loathing of the man is justified. You pointed out that no "Trumpers" are in here defending his decision to take this drug. Those of us that do not obsess over the man see this as a personal medical decision that we have no reason to question.

I'll just bow out now, and leave you all to your echo chamber. Enjoy.

ComeOnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ComeOnMan
@LJS9502_basic said:
@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

You know this how? By his incoherent rambling? His crazy suggestions? His refusal to pay attention to experts? This is okay behavior to you?

Your reading comprehension has failed you. Go back and re-read the conversation, and then try to form a coherent retort and/or question.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@comeonman said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

Your reading comprehension has failed you. Go back and re-read the conversation, and then try to form a coherent retort and/or question.

Yours seems to have been the one that failed. I deliberately addressed a comment YOU made. So your deflection means you cannot defend your point. Typical trump fanboy.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Drunk_PI

@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

You're not concerned about Trump's health. You're not concerned about this drug having a detrimental effect on his decision making because you think his decision making up to this point is atrocious.

You, along with your fellow travelers on this site, have, once again, found an action of Trump's that you can point to as proof that your loathing of the man is justified. You pointed out that no "Trumpers" are in here defending his decision to take this drug. Those of us that do not obsess over the man see this as a personal medical decision that we have no reason to question.

Wow.

And I thought I was suppose to be the snowflake fleeing from a debate. :D

Yes, I don't think he's a good president but part of the side effects can cause other serious mental issues. I mean, a bad president is bad enough but we don't need a bad president hopped up on drugs. ;)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LJS9502_basic

@drunk_pi said:
@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

Wow.

And I thought I was suppose to be the snowflake fleeing from a debate. :D

Yes, I don't think he's a good president but part of the side effects can cause other serious mental issues. I mean, a bad president is bad enough but we don't need a bad president hopped up on drugs. ;)

Considering all the sniffing he does...……..

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36758 Posts

I don't believe he believes it'll work, I think he's just trying to sell it, because he has a stake in a company that manufacturers it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zaryia

@comeonman said:

@drunk_pi:

Are you Professor X?

or just super bad at debating?