Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

And you seem to agree while not being there

You seem to disagree while not being there. Only your opinion is based off of nothing, I'm going by statements of the Family and their spokesman.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#52 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

You seem to disagree while not being there. Only your opinion is based off of nothing, I'm going by statements of the Family and their spokesman.

Well, your opinion is based on nothing,

But at least you can finally see that you have nothing to base your negative opinion of Trump on.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

But at least you can finally see that you have nothing to base your negative opinion of Trump on.

My opinion is not based off of nothing. It is literally based off of the statements of the family and their spokesman.

You make such a simple thing into something so dumb.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

My opinion is not based off of nothing. It is literally based off of the statements of the family and their spokesman.

Always does...….

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Anyone defending Trump in this needs to ask themselves "how would I feel if I were those parents?"

And be honest with themselves when answering.

This is Trump thinking "Hey, let's make a deal. Let's get these people together in the same room and hash things out" and just completely, utterly, entirely failing to comprehend the human and emotional aspects of losing one's child, and why this was not a good idea.

If there has ever been a greater example of Trump's sociopathy, I don't know of it.

@Jacanuk said:
@warmblur said:

Sick f**k

https://www.newsweek.com/harry-dunn-charlotte-charles-donald-trump-white-house-1465538

So can you articulate the "ambush" ??? because I suspect you just read the headline and went into full TDS mode.

Dude, read the article. Here, I will sum it up for you:

1. American diplomat's wife killed British couple's son in car accident

2. American flees Britain under diplomatic immunity before investigation can be done (probably because she was drunk or something, but that's just speculation).

3. British couple wants to see justice done, as any parent would.

4. Trump invites couple to White House to discuss the potential for justice.

5. Woman who killed couple's son is literally in the next room, waiting to be sprung on the couple without their knowledge, while the press is waiting with cameras.

If that is not an ambush, I don't know what is. At the very best, it is in poor taste, and a sign of a complete lack of humanity.

@Jacanuk said:
@warmblur said:
@Jacanuk said:

See this is the problem with the left.

You claim to be tolerant and there is room for everyone, but again and again, you prove that it´s like listening to Bush´s word "you are either with us or against us"

That is not how the real work works, There is a whole group of people who do not simply jump on the "Orange man bad" train but actually evaluate each story on its merits and form an independent opinion.

The left has a lot of problems but identifying Trump as a terrible president, narcissistic (and likely sociopathic) personality, and terrible human being is not one of them.

I agree with your sentiments that "Orange Man Bad" is not a great way to approach every little thing, but neither is having the opposite reaction and defending Trump, because that is simply being a contrarian. And being a contrarian is fun, but kind of lame, too.

Even if Trump did things mostly right (he doesn't), this would be one of those rare occasions when it is so obviously not one of those right things. This was just very very very wrong.

This is no time to be a contrarian.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Your opinion is based on your already established assumptions about Trump nothing else.

It´s insane that you are trying to pass off someone else's opinion as anything but a opinion, but to be fair here, you would never change your opinion about Trump.

If Trump cured cancer or solved global warming you would find something to criticize.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jacanuk
@mrbojangles25 said:

Anyone defending Trump in this needs to ask themselves "how would I feel if I were those parents?"

This is Trump thinking "Hey, let's make a deal. Let's get these people together in the same room and hash things out" and just completely, utterly, entirely failing to comprehend the human and emotional aspects of losing one's child, and why this was not a good idea.

If there has ever been a greater example of Trump's sociopathy, I don't know of it.

2. American flees Britain under diplomatic immunity before investigation can be done (probably because she was drunk or something, but that's just speculation).

5. Woman who killed couple's son is literally in the next room, waiting to be sprung on the couple without their knowledge, while the press is waiting with cameras.

If that is not an ambush, I don't know what is. At the very best, it is in poor taste, and a sign of a complete lack of humanity.

The left has a lot of problems but identifying Trump as a terrible president, narcissistic (and likely sociopathic) personality, and terrible human being is not one of them.

I agree with your sentiments that "Orange Man Bad" is not a great way to approach every little thing, but neither is having the opposite reaction and defending Trump, because that is simply being a contrarian. And being a contrarian is fun, but kind of lame, too.

Even if Trump did things mostly right (he doesn't), this would be one of those rare occasions when it is so obviously not one of those right things. This was just very very very wrong.

Well, if I was this family I would want to meet this woman, it was a car accident, not a premeditated murder. But who can say, none of us has been in that situation and judging on peoples reactions, well would you hug your brothers killer in court? I sure wouldn´t

So it´s pointless to debate hypotheticals like that.

As to the rest that is your opinion based on your already established conclusion as to how Trump is, you don´t know what the intentions were or if there was any ill will.

And that is simply the point was it an ambush, no not really, could it have been handled better, sure it could but the whole "orange man bad" instant conclusion is just poor.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

It´s insane that you are trying to pass off someone else's opinion as anything but a opinion, but to be fair here, you would never change your opinion about Trump.

So essentially you are upset that I agree with the Family and their Spokesperson.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

So essentially you are upset that I agree with the Family and their Spokesperson.

Upset?

Anyways it´s good we finally got to the point, that opinions are opinions.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Upset?

Anyways it´s good we finally got to the point, that opinions are opinions.

Yes. I agree with the events as described by the family and I agree with their thoughts on it.

@Jacanuk said:

or solved global warming

Doesn't he still deny AGW like some kind of idiot?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Well, if I was this family I would want to meet this woman, it was a car accident, not a premeditated murder. But who can say, none of us has been in that situation and judging on peoples reactions, well would you hug your brothers killer in court? I sure wouldn´t

So it´s pointless to debate hypotheticals like that.

As to the rest that is your opinion based on your already established conclusion as to how Trump is, you don´t know what the intentions were or if there was any ill will.

And that is simply the point was it an ambush, no not really, could it have been handled better, sure it could but the whole "orange man bad" instant conclusion is just poor.

Well it's not your family so that doesn't apply. Second it should have been up to them whether they wanted to meet her or not and not been ambushed by it.

The family is on record. It's not hypothetical.

Orange man bad is merely an excuse to defend trump. It's meaningless but it helps trumpers to hide from reality. Congrats.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

This is very true. Trump's is a very transactional existence, and he has utterly no scope of any deeper human element. He must lead a very vapid, soulless life. In a way I deeply pity the man.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well it's not your family so that doesn't apply. Second it should have been up to them whether they wanted to meet her or not and not been ambushed by it.

Orange man bad is merely an excuse to defend trump. It's meaningless but it helps trumpers to hide from reality. Congrats.

Let´s be clear here it was up to them if they wanted to meet her, and if they have a problem being in the same "house" as her then it´s on them not on Trump.

Also, the family is all recorded to have said they felt bad (one could wonder what their motive is) And they were again asked if they wanted to meet her.

Considering they travelled all the way to the US, no one can be blamed anyone for thinking they would at least try to reason with her instead of thinking that Trump or the administration suddenly would deliver an American citizen to a foreign power. Well knowing the long-standing policy of not doing it except in certain circumstances.

"Orange man bad" is nothing but a bad meme from the left because they can't handle the loss.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Let´s be clear here it was up to them if they wanted to meet her, and if they have a problem being in the same "house" as her then it´s on them not on Trump.

Also, the family is all recorded to have said they felt bad (one could wonder what their motive is) And they were again asked if they wanted to meet her.

Considering they travelled all the way to the US, no one can be blamed anyone for thinking they would at least try to reason with her instead of thinking that Trump or the administration suddenly would deliver an American citizen to a foreign power. Well knowing the long-standing policy of not doing it except in certain circumstances.

"Orange man bad" is nothing but a bad meme from the left because they can't handle the loss.

Is this fairy tale land now?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:

Anything actual valuable to add?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I cannot talk to someone that doesn't accept facts.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I cannot talk to someone that doesn't accept facts.

Opinions are not facts, are you confused by this?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Jacanuk: Would there ever be a time where you'd lend credence to criticism of Trump by those who oppose him without viewing it synonymous with TDS and dismissing it predicated on that basis? Trump is an extremely dislikable person by nature, that doesn't mean criticism towards him (especially considering how ethically and morally dubious he is) should be waved away right off.

Trump has made himself so hated that it's turned into one of his greatest assets for standing in his defense. Don't you recognize that as an irresponsible, lazy, and downright dangerous approach to standing up for him?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jacanuk
@MirkoS77 said:

@Jacanuk: Would there ever be a time where you'd lend credence to criticism of Trump by those who oppose him without viewing it synonymous with TDS and dismissing it predicated on that basis? Trump is an extremely dislikable person by nature, that doesn't mean criticism towards him (especially considering how ethically and morally dubious he is) should be waved away right off.

Trump has made himself so hated that it's turned into one of his greatest assets for standing in his defense. Don't you recognize that as an irresponsible, lazy, and downright dangerous approach to standing up for him?

Of course, there would be a time, reasonable well-founded critique that is not just coming from "orange man Bad" like most in this thread seem to come from. Is something I can get behind.

But you are right Trump is hated, that is the biggest problem we are seeing in today´s political landscape, it´s no longer ok to be a middle grounder, you have to either be for all Trump does or say or you have to be against.

And that is the biggest problem which will not end once Trump is gone, the left has dug themselves a trench and refuses to come out of it, which will just make the political landscape more and more divisive.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#70 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

This is an interesting case and the first time I have heard of this. Very tragic for one to accidentally drive on the wrong side of the road and a collision occurs which fatally took the life of a teenager. I am not familiar with UK law in the least bit, but from a law enforcement mindset in California, there would be no criminal liability unless there's evidence of distracted driving or being under the influence. Based on what I've read, there is no criminal wrongdoing involved. That isn't to say she can't be civilly liable for the death which is a separate matter. Either way, ugly situation all around. I've been to too many damn vehicle collisions, especially brought on by distracted drivers and DUIs.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jacanuk
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

This is an interesting case and the first time I have heard of this. Very tragic for one to accidentally drive on the wrong side of the road and a collision occurs which fatally took the life of a teenager. I am not familiar with UK law in the least bit, but from a law enforcement mindset in California, there would be no criminal liability unless there's evidence of distracted driving or being under the influence. Based on what I've read, there is no criminal wrongdoing involved. That isn't to say she can't be civilly liable for the death which is a separate matter. Either way, ugly situation all around. I've been to too many damn vehicle collisions, especially brought on by distracted drivers and DUIs.

It´s a bit different under UK law. But don´t you also charge after PC 192?

But in the UK she can be charged with either Vehicular manslaughter or Dangerous driving.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#72  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Jacanuk: Depends on the facts of the case, especially the area of impact and the factual diagram from the crash. But if there's no overt negligence, and definite no mens rea/implied, then it would be a very tough case for manslaughter.

Edit: Btw, I've never seen 192 charged. It's typically a court plea/trial charge that comes forth.

Further edit: Our motors handle all the fatality crashes while we in patrol do the basic investigation, or the DUI arrest/warrant, if that needs arises. Typically, for any major injury crash or fatality, we still do a DUI eval/blood draw to rule that out.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

What a nut job. Honestly, there should be major reparations made to the victims family by the driver regardless of immunity.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LJS9502_basic

LOL at trying to apply specific state law to the UK ITT.