Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 606 Posts

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/14/politics/jack-teixeira-profile/index.html

Trying to impress his gaming pals.

Talk about incompetence. How come a kid just out of highschool in a completely Junior position had access to this information.

StatisticalPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 StatisticalPC
Member since 2022 • 225 Posts

@nirgal: Having served myself, I will say the military doesn't give a shit how old you are. They expect you to do your job. If your job requires you to have access to sensitive information, then you have access to sensitive information. It doesn't matter if your 18 years old or 35 years old.

I don't know all the details regarding his AFSC (job code), but he did work within the intelligence community if I'm not mistaken.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3347 Posts

Hey you can't drink but here's a gun and some military secrets! 😄

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

I didn't even know kids could serve in the military. Crazy

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 606 Posts

@joshrmeyer: once you are old enough, anyone below 26 will be called a kid. It's completely fair game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

Well obviously we must stop these kids from voting...

@nirgal said:

@joshrmeyer: once you are old enough, anyone below 26 will be called a kid. It's completely fair game.

Multiple times a week my 39-year old brain responds with "Oh, my dear sweet summer child" to a lot of the stuff my 20-something roommates say.

Ahhhhh to be young and naïve again.

And yes it's fair game, god dammit!

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

i heard on the news he was 21.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 7975 Posts

The American government is deeply committed to aiding Ukraine in its resistance to Russian forces in ways not even known to members of Congress, Judge Napolitano says

Does the government work for us or do we work for the government? Can the government morally steal data about allies and enemies and then make it a crime to reveal that data, even when the revelation shows that the government has been lying about killing? What to do about high-ranking government officials who lie about war? When the First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law abridging … the freedom of speech,” does it really mean NO LAW?

All these questions came to mind as I attempted to digest the significance of the recent leak of top-secret documents from what appears to be a Pentagon briefing on the current status of military operations in Ukraine.

In all, about 50 documents appear to have been printed off a computer and taken out of a secure federal facility and then photographed. The photos were then uploaded to various internet sites. The essence of the revelations is that Russia is killing seven Ukrainian troops for every one of its own that Ukrainians are killing, Ukrainian air defenses are projected to collapse totally by the end of next month, and the U.S. has excellent sources of Russian military plans, so good that the Pentagon is able to inform its Ukrainian counterparts of Russian troop movements and air assaults before they occur.

Do the math. A 7-to-1 kill ratio is a slaughter that cannot endure much longer. So, when Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin tells the Senate Armed Services Committee he expects Ukraine to do well militarily this spring and next winter, how can he reconcile his statements to that kill ratio?

The American government is deeply committed to aiding Ukraine in its resistance to Russian forces in ways not even known to members of Congress, the media or the American public. Stated differently, the U.S. is at war with Russia.

The U.S. steals Russian military plans and gives them to Ukraine officials. The U.S. has provided more than $60 billion in cash and military equipment to Ukraine. The U.S. spies on Ukraine political, military and intelligence leadership with such effectiveness that the U.S. knows Ukraine plans before they are executed.

Add to all this, the U.S. has troops on the ground in Ukraine, out of uniform, operating sophisticated American military hardware. Americans in Ukraine choose Russian targets and Americans in Poland pull the triggers.

Are American boys using American military hardware to shoot American ammunition at Russian boys? In a word: YES.

Is any of this legal? In a word: NO.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/04/judge-napolitano-the-pentagon-papers-again/

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@sargentd said:

Is any of this legal? In a word: NO.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/04/judge-napolitano-the-pentagon-papers-again/

Heartland Institute - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)

Why do you so often post very shady sources? Also it's an Op-Ed from a shady source to make matters worse.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6939 Posts

@zaryia: Because he is a dupe that gets played constantly.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178807 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

@zaryia: Because he is a dupe that gets played constantly.

Yes his sources are cringe and he doesn't question them. He's just looking for confirmation bias.

On topic, if you are enlisted and your MOS/Specialty Code/Rating is Military Intelligence and you are put into the position with the need to know, then you will have access to some intelligence depending on the slot you fill. You do have to pass a background check by the FBI to get clearance. Once that's done then you are considered good to go. No one can predict who will fail for whatever reason.

Glad they caught him though and he can't further damage US security.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD

I guess I'm the only one who cares about what the documents leaked said...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SargentD

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@nirgal: or perhaps this was fed purposely to the young man knowing he would do this to create a false intel. If the Russians/China act on this it could be entirely false.

Similarly to January 6 in USA the majority of the world outside america knows it was a false flag operation created by FBI to discredit the orange bad man.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

Have to tell you that none of that is unique to Ukraine. It's not really a secret either.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

Have to tell you that none of that is unique to Ukraine. It's not really a secret either.

I don't see the mainstream media reporting 7 Ukrainian soldiers are being killed for every 1 Russian soldier being killed.

That seems like relevant information that the public should be aware of...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SargentD

@Skarwolf said:

@nirgal: or perhaps this was fed purposely to the young man knowing he would do this to create a false intel. If the Russians/China act on this it could be entirely false.

Similarly to January 6 in USA the majority of the world outside america knows it was a false flag operation created by FBI to discredit the orange bad man.

I have a theory. The FED wanted it leaked to soften the blow for when Russia ultimately beats Ukraine.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

I don't see the mainstream media reporting 7 Ukrainian soldiers are being killed for every 1 Russian soldier being killed.

Without any other context we cannot make any conclusions. Though I was more talking about the special ops.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58631 Posts
@sargentd said:

-

https://www.ft.com/content/03fa9789-3d1b-4d06-9064-371bb4eb11eb

“Russia is looking for any way to seize the information initiative, to try to influence Ukraine’s counter-offensive plans, to introduce doubts, to compromise plans, to frighten [us] with their ‘awareness’,” said Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Zelenskyy, in a statement on Telegram. “This is a bluff . . . this has nothing to do with Ukraine’s real plans.” Podolyak said the documents provided only a “statistical analysis of supplies, possible operational and tactical plans, as well as a large volume of fictitious information”. “If Russia had really received real scenario documents it would hardly have made them public,” he added. “After all, it is much more valuable to prepare your own counter-traps, while leaving the other side in ignorance of your own knowledge.” US officials confirmed to the FT that the documents appeared to be partly authentic and were classified, but said at least one of them showed signs of being doctored. The apparently falsified document put Russian soldiers killed in action at between 16,000 and 17,500, with the number of Ukrainian soldier deaths at around 71,500. An original of this document, also leaked online, shows between 35,500 and 43,500 troop deaths on the Russian side and between 16,000 and 17,500 for Ukraine. The US previously estimated Russia’s overall casualties since its full-scale invasion in February 2022 at about 200,000 wounded and killed, with Ukraine’s casualties at about 100,000. Figures for each country’s military aircraft losses appeared similarly flipped and distorted in the same leaked document. US Department of Defense spokesperson Sabrina Singh told the FT on Thursday that the Pentagon was investigating the apparent leak. “We are aware of the reports of social media posts and the department is reviewing the matter.”

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:

I have a theory. The FED wanted it leaked to soften the blow for when Russia ultimately beats Ukraine.

This isn't going to happen. It has already failed. It failed about a year back.

The idea was take over all of Ukraine. Assume it's government would crumble. This did not happen. And what we have now is Russia spending months fighting over a few KM in Bakhmut.

There was suppose to be some amazing winter offensive from them chanted at by Z bros and MAGAS (Z bros), nothing came to fruition.

Ukraine on the other hand, has had thousands of people trained by the best militaries in the world. While Russia is literally, not training them. Poorly training them, or just straight up using them as canon fodder.

What Russia is doing now, is trying to consolidate what it can get.

So this idea that Russia has really gotten anything out of this is a laughable concept. Mostly fringe groups that perpetuate this narrative while actual military experts proclaim it a disaster.

That's not to say some third party event could happen, but the claim here is fantasy. It's trying to make the best of a fuckup.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SargentD

Great conversation 👍

https://www.youtube.com/live/qhkxsDsfkbQ?feature=share

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup

For context, this is the head of Wagner. Russian' merc group at the forefront of fighting Ukraine, today. Who also fears a Ukrainian, not Russian offensive. That's the head guy, who's directly fighting them. Completely pro-Russia.

Ukraine-Russia war – live: Putin told to end war by own Wagner mercenary chief

Russian president Vladimir Putin has been urged to end the war in Ukraine by the head of the Wagner mercenary army deployed by the Kremlin.

Yevgeny Prigozhin claimed Russia had taken a “fat chunk” of Ukrainian territory and said president Putin should tell the world Russia has achieved the aims of its “special military operation,” in a video posted online on Friday night.

Mr Prigozhin also said Russian armed forces - who have suffered severe losses - should defend existing gains.

The Wagner mercenary chief also warned that the Russian people may seek a “scapegoat” for military failures as the war drags on, which could lead to revolutionary fervour.

Mr Prigozhin claimed Russia has destroyed “a large part of the active male population of Ukraine” and caused others to flee the country.

“For the authorities and society as a whole, it is today necessary to put a solid full stop on the special military operation,” said Mr Prigozhin.

“The ideal option is to announce the end of the special military operation, to inform everyone that Russia has achieved the results that it planned, and in a sense we have actually achieved them.

“We have ground down a huge number of fighters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and we can report to ourselves that the tasks of the special military operation have been completed.”

He continued: “Theoretically, Russia has already [made a point] by destroying a large part of the active male population of Ukraine, and by intimidating another part of it, which fled to Europe.

“Russia cut off the Sea of Azov and a large piece of the Black Sea, seized a fat piece of Ukrainian territory and created a land corridor to the Crimea.

“Now there is only one thing left: to firmly gain a foothold, to claw in those territories that already exist.”

The comments mark the first time a senior Putin henchman directly involved in fighting on the ground has publicly called for the Kremlin to halt the war.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts
@Skarwolf said:

Actually, the only people who believe that are the American right and fringe conspiracy theorists from the rest of the world.

Everyone else in the world (both US's allies and enemies) knows Trump is a total fuckwit. We don't get much Republican propaganda outside of the US, so the only reports we hear are "Trump refuses to accept the outcome of the election", "Republicans caught lying about voter fraud", "Trump allies demanding trial by combat in lead up to Biden's confirmation", "Trump supporters storm Capitol building".

It's a neat story that makes sense to everyone, without the need for shadowy FBI nonsense, because everyone knows Trump is a fuckwit who would do something like this.

Back on topic though, why are Republicans so pro-Russia now? It's weird - you guys constantly try to undermine Ukraine's resistance of an invading force, and are constantly dismissive of anything that paints Russians as the bad guys.

It's almost like...I don't know, it's hard to distinguish between right-wing talking points and Russian propaganda. Like there's no difference between what SargentD and Skarwolf post and what Russian trolls post on Reddit - they all seem to he drawing from the same anti-intellectual well when it comes to anything to do with Ukraine.

Anyway, if this information is false, brilliant,, and if it isn't, the US should repair the damage by offering more military support to Ukraine.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Skarwolf said:

@nirgal: o

This has to be a fakeboy act or satire.

Although the likely hood of it merely being satire is reduced since you followed me into SW with this nonsense.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3723 Posts

Another right wing traitor?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KathaarianCode

@tjandmia: At this point Putin is probably their most solid presidential candidate.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts
@zaryia said:
@Skarwolf said:

@nirgal: o

Although the likely hood of it merely being satire is reduced since you followed me into SW with this nonsense.

No, they're just programmed to be very angry at something silly all the time.

On topic: this is why you don't cut corners. save a few bucks to give a kid government secrets.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@InEMplease said:
@zaryia said:

No, they're just programmed to be very angry at something silly all the time.

On topic: this is why you don't cut corners. save a few bucks to give a kid government secrets.

Military is mostly young.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

HOLY MOTHERF*CKING SHIT! This story just took a very weird turn...

https://news.yahoo.com/former-us-navy-officer-ran-071106662.html

...turns out a recently retired US Navy veteran was central in the public dissemination of these documents, and that's where this gets super weird.

A divorced retired E7 NCO from New Jersey had created her own social media blog pretending to be a Russian Jew born and/or living in Ukraine and would post pro-Russia pro-Putin anti-Ukranian stuff online in support of the war. Even though the leaked documents originated in the Discord servers, they exploded through her fake Russian social media accounts, including first accounts of altered documents, which is of great concern considering she's either being used to circulate Russian propaganda directly or is actively creating it herself.

She's also reported to to have been engaging in these social media pro-Russia/Putin/War and anti-Ukraine propaganda as a content creator while in uniform through multiple online channels. Apparently she is also currently being investigated as a result of this development but not sure if she is or will be detained but it wouldn't surprise me she gets taken, disappears, flees the country, whatever.

This also brings to the forefront the blurry relationship between the extreme right's disinformation activism and its marriage to Russian propaganda.

What would be a better scenario here? That an American posing as a pro-Russian Ukranian is creating her own propaganda as a form of American right wing political activism? While in uniform?

That or, she was working as a compromised government asset by a adversarial foreign country? Would there really be a difference?

I'd imagine she'll likely end up behind bars at some point. Whatever liberties her freedom of speech affords her, I don't imagine it'll protect her.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KathaarianCode

OMG don't tell me far right has a deep connection with the Kremlin! No one saw that coming! 🤣

There's MAGAs actually wearing "I rather vote for Putin than Biden" shirts, that's how subtle they are.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

It's also worth noting Tucker Calrson has been featuring her altered docs on his news network. The right wing has also been trying to make somewhat of a hero out of the airman Jack Teixeira for the leak, super weird since all he was trying to do was impress kids. Curious when they'll be championing Sarah Bils for her grifting. When it comes to the large scale dissemination and alterations/fabrications to classified materials, she really is a bigger piece of this story than Teixeira IMO.

But, seen other takes. Some say she was simply scamming the Russians and pro-Russian Americans for money... okay, plausible. Let's see where that goes too.