"The Opposition" on Conservative humor

• 61 results
#51 Posted by DrLostRib (4047 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@judaspete said:
@Jacanuk said:
@judaspete said:

Also, Last Man Standing got 5 seasons despite not being that great or popular. And he's going to be in Toy Story 4. Tim Allen has hardly been shunned from Hollywood.

Last Man Standing had above cancellation ratings and was actually one of ABC´s top-rated comedy shows.

And no Tim Allen is not shunned but clearly his conservative-leaning show was not cancelled because it did not bring in viewers.

Seriously? How were it's ratings compared to According to Jim? Cause that's another show that went on way longer than it had any right to. I guess there is just this massive demographic of people I'm completely out of touch with that like really bland jokes. My parents didn't even watch these shows, and they are huge Everybody Loves Raymond fans.

ABC´s current Friday 8 pm is Once upon a time and is doing around 2mill viewers and 0.4 in 18-49

ABC Last Man Standing, was the same slot and did 1.2-1.5 and had around 5.5-6.2 mill viewers.

Not even Agents of Shield (which btw has gone on way too long and has taken a turn so bad no one can recover that) can pick up even close to the ratings from Last Man Standing.

So not sure why you mean it has gone on too long? it was doing better than any other ABC show not to mention it has major success in syndication.

Nah, the only reason why the female exec, cancelled Last man Standing was because of its conservative nature.

...or you know it could have been due to a number of scheduling, financial, and contractual issues that lead to it being cancelled after running for 6 seasons

#52 Posted by Jacanuk (15181 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@judaspete said:
@Jacanuk said:
@judaspete said:

Also, Last Man Standing got 5 seasons despite not being that great or popular. And he's going to be in Toy Story 4. Tim Allen has hardly been shunned from Hollywood.

Last Man Standing had above cancellation ratings and was actually one of ABC´s top-rated comedy shows.

And no Tim Allen is not shunned but clearly his conservative-leaning show was not cancelled because it did not bring in viewers.

Seriously? How were it's ratings compared to According to Jim? Cause that's another show that went on way longer than it had any right to. I guess there is just this massive demographic of people I'm completely out of touch with that like really bland jokes. My parents didn't even watch these shows, and they are huge Everybody Loves Raymond fans.

ABC´s current Friday 8 pm is Once upon a time and is doing around 2mill viewers and 0.4 in 18-49

ABC Last Man Standing, was the same slot and did 1.2-1.5 and had around 5.5-6.2 mill viewers.

Not even Agents of Shield (which btw has gone on way too long and has taken a turn so bad no one can recover that) can pick up even close to the ratings from Last Man Standing.

So not sure why you mean it has gone on too long? it was doing better than any other ABC show not to mention it has major success in syndication.

Nah, the only reason why the female exec, cancelled Last man Standing was because of its conservative nature.

...or you know it could have been due to a number of scheduling, financial, and contractual issues that lead to it being cancelled after running for 6 seasons

Of course and Roger Rabbit was a real Rabbit.

#53 Posted by DrLostRib (4047 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:

I mean in "who framed roger rabbit" he is very explicitly a cartoon, but whatever floats your boat

But from what I recall from the last time this subject came up, there was ample evidence to indicate that the show was cancelled due to a number of factors relating to the direction of ABCs scheduling and the financing of the show

#54 Posted by Jacanuk (15181 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:

I mean in "who framed roger rabbit" he is very explicitly a cartoon, but whatever floats your boat

But from what I recall from the last time this subject came up, there was ample evidence to indicate that the show was cancelled due to a number of factors relating to the direction of ABCs scheduling and the financing of the show

Last time it came up?

But sure it was just scheduling and the show was too expensive that´s why they brought Rosanne back and made an extra season of Once Upon a Time with Carlyle. (M.i.U)

#55 Posted by DrLostRib (4047 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Last time it came up?

But sure it was just scheduling and the show was too expensive that´s why they brought Rosanne back and made an extra season of Once Upon a Time with Carlyle. (M.i.U)

yeah this came up previously not that long ago. And the revival of Roseanne would kind of goes against your point.

But they changed the direction of their friday night schedule, and then there were financial and contractual changes that would have occurred in relation to production of the show after the 6th season

#56 Posted by Jacanuk (15181 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Last time it came up?

yeah this came up previously not that long ago. And the revival of Roseanne would kind of goes against your point.

But they changed the direction of their friday night schedule, and then there were financial and contractual changes that would have occurred in relation to production of the show after the 6th season

And that is why even Allen was surprised.

Also, the exec at ABC did not mention financial, she mentioned no comedy Friday but it would not be hard to move a show to another day, networks do it all the time.

#57 Posted by DrLostRib (4047 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Last time it came up?

Also, the exec at ABC did not mention financial, she mentioned no comedy Friday but it would not be hard to move a show to another day, networks do it all the time.

not going to go dig through sources again, but that's what was reported, that there were a number of schedule, financial, and contractual issues

Idk why you are so stuck on this show

#58 Posted by Jacanuk (15181 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Last time it came up?

not going to go dig through sources again, but that's what was reported, that there were a number of schedule, financial, and contractual issues

Stuck? this is a thread about conservative comedians.

It´s not like i jumped into some random topic and pointed it in that direction.

But anyways the show is cancelled and nothing anything can be done about it.

#59 Posted by LJS9502_basic (164200 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:

Last time it came up?

Stuck? this is a thread about conservative comedians.

It´s not like i jumped into some random topic and pointed it in that direction.

But anyways the show is cancelled and nothing anything can be done about it.

As was clearly pointed in the last thread about that shitty show it would cost more to produce as contracts were up.

#60 Posted by sonicare (56150 posts) -

Dennis Miller was pretty funny in stand up back in his hey day. I like Tim Allen's shows and Frazier was good. Other than that, I cant think of too many conservative comedians that are really funny.

#61 Posted by Libtard (4 posts) -

@narlymech said:

Conservatives aren't funny. They are terrible people making fun of the poor, disabled and minority groups.

Pretty bold categorising every single conservative like that.

#62 Posted by LJS9502_basic (164200 posts) -

@sonicare said:

Dennis Miller was pretty funny in stand up back in his hey day. I like Tim Allen's shows and Frazier was good. Other than that, I cant think of too many conservative comedians that are really funny.

Frazier wasn't political so much.