The Obama economy - It never really stopped.

• 76 results
joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joebones5000
Member since 2016 • 2819 Posts

Now that we have enough information to see what the Trump economy is like, we're seeing one thing that is glaringly obvious, something I've been saying for the past few months - It's practically identical to the Obama economy. Both the economy and the unemployment rate have been moving in the same direction and at approximately the same pace since 2010.

There is no "booming Trump economy". You're seeing a continuation of the progress Obama and Democrats worked so hard for when they dug us out of the Great Bush Recession.

Turns out that Trump and his supporters claims of "the best economy ever" just aren't true.

Anyone else not surprised?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/this-week-in-trumponomics-back-to-the-obama-economy-155659175.html

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3234 Posts

Yeah, I already knew this Trump is just riding the coattails of Obama's economy but making it worst now with his stupid Tariffs.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 10000 Posts

Duh.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Heirren
Member since 2017 • 2327 Posts

Obama was quite the card player, no doubt about that.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JimB
Member since 2002 • 2579 Posts

Keep dreaming, Obama's regulations stifled economic growth and lost jobs to other countries with better tax rates for companies. Obama was like a deer in the headlights on everything.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 835 Posts

You can't ride an economy for three years but I expect nothing else from delusional leftist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/its-trumps-economy-now-1528411719

I'll just leave you with some facts while you continue your leftwing circle jerk.

Still waiting on that 2016 crash.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 121395 Posts

@JimB said:

Keep dreaming, Obama's regulations stifled economic growth and lost jobs to other countries with better tax rates for companies. Obama was like a deer in the headlights on everything.

Could you expand on this?

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joebones5000

@JimB said:

So I get that it's fun for you to make wild accusations because you don't like Obama, but what is everyone else supposed to think? We have a situation where Trump and his supporters are claiming that it's the best economy ever and that it's better than Obama's, but when we look at the real data, we see that it's creating fewer jobs and that economic growth is largely the same as the Obama economy.

It just doesn't add up, my man. If the Trump economy were better, the numbers would show it. They don't. I'm sorry, but emotionally fueled propaganda statements by you and other Trump supporters won't change that fact.

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joebones5000

@r-gamer said:

You can't ride an economy for three years but I expect nothing else from delusional leftist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/its-trumps-economy-now-1528411719

I'll just leave you with some facts while you continue your leftwing circle jerk.

I get it. You don't like obama. Fair enough, but that doesn't change the data we have. The Trump economy is still growing at about the same rate as the Obama economy, except that job creation was higher during the Obama years.

I don't know what to say. Those are the numbers. Sorry.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 17544 Posts

Slowest recovery ever.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 167529 Posts

@JimB said:

If that's true then trump's approach hasn't done anything to change that. Facts are facts. The economic growth is at the same trajectory and trump has nothing appreciable to change this.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zaryia
@r-gamer said:

I don't think you understand. You can credit Trump for the current economy, the issue is the economic growth is still nearly at the same rate of Obama's presidency. So if you praise Trump's economy you're also praising Obama's job (which lasted even longer, and had to struggle through the great recession unlike Trump).

The performance is a continuations of Obama. Not the reason, that's a lot of Trump. I'm sure his terrible tariff's and trade-war show us that.

Trump’s economy was on fire two years ago. But voters have a short memory.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-economy-was-on-fire-two-years-ago-but-voters-have-a-short-memory/2019/08/09/fb98f3d2-babd-11e9-bad6-609f75bfd97f_story.html?noredirect=on

Trump, of all people, knows it. As a candidate in 2016, Trump savaged President Barack Obama for lackluster economic growth. Yet in the prior year, 2015, the U.S. economy had grown 2.9 percent — which happens to be exactly the rate of Trump’s best year so far. He’s not going to match it this year. And next year’s voters will care about next year’s economy.

Federal deficit spending fell from record levels during Obama’s second term, but Trump has cranked open the spigot again: $665 billion of red ink in 2017, $779 billion in 2018, $896 billion in 2019 and a projected $1.1 trillion in 2020. The Federal Reserve administered another dose of steroids recently with its first interest-rate cut in years. Given so much stimulus, you’d expect economic home runs.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R-Gamer

@zaryia: I never said Obama was terrible. I mean he did put us in larger debt then any president

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

But it was necessary during the horrible recession in 2008. Fact is you can't ride an economy for three years. So giving credit to Obama at this point is simply ignorant.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 11012 Posts

@zaryia said:

Duh.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 5376 Posts

You are all delusional in thinking that Presidents themselves have much impact on the economy.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2005 Posts

Whats with all the Obama haters? Its like they have a never-ending grudge over him. 8 years into the future, Republicans are still complaining.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zaryia
@watercrack445 said:

Whats with all the Obama haters?

His skin color. Well, for many of them anyway.

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joebones5000

@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: I never said Obama was terrible. I mean he did put us in larger debt then any president

But it was necessary during the horrible recession in 2008. Fact is you can't ride an economy for three years. So giving credit to Obama at this point is simply ignorant.

I don't think anyone is really crediting Obama, they're just not crediting Trump. I mean, seriously, what is there to credit, average growth that we've seen since 2010? Be realistic.

If anything, Trump should be criticized for increasing deficit spending. Obama lowered that most of his presidency. Trump has done the opposite.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mattbbpl

@SUD123456: That's technically correct because of the various checks and balances, but it's a truism that has begun to be used in more circumstances than it belongs.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R-Gamer

@joebones5000: That's because your on the far left. Every president bares some responsibility for their economy. And it's harder to maintain growth when things are consistently positive. Obama also put us in massive debt. So he was hardly perfect on the economy.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20045 Posts

The economy is only booming for the few.

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joebones5000

@r-gamer said:

@joebones5000: That's because your on the far left. Every president bares some responsibility for their economy. And it's harder to maintain growth when things are consistently positive. Obama also put us in massive debt. So he was hardly perfect on the economy.

Right. Trump is responsible for keeping pace with the Obama economy. He's doing slightly less than what Obama did, as Trump is increasing deficits, while Obama decreased them, and new job creating is trailing what Obama did.

What we don't have is "the best economy evar!!!" We have an economy that has grown at the same pace since 2010.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:

@SUD123456: That's technically correct because of the various checks and balances, but it's a truism that has begun to be used in more circumstances than it belongs.

Well to be fair the checks and balances seem to only work for one's own side and against the other.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 35944 Posts
@watercrack445 said:

Whats with all the Obama haters? Its like they have a never-ending grudge over him. 8 years into the future, Republicans are still complaining.

they're not good at governing. they're good and complaining and campaigning.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R-Gamer

@joebones5000: If you compare the first 24 months hes beating Obama in most areas. Pretty impressive since the economy is already booming. Again still waiting for that crash you said was going to happen in 2016 and since it didn't happen you predictably just give Obama all the credit. I'm sorry but you're a joke. Try to be at least a tad bit objective when talking about these thing or else it just makes you look like a lunatic.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5378 Posts

@zaryia: A post and a delusional rant, who would have thought. But the left is nothing without trying to make everything race related or name calling.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 566 Posts

Although the economy and employment figures are largely going in the same direction, the US economy is now a protectionist regime while Obama championed globalisation.

But both Obama and Trump largely supports the rich rather than the poor. Trump gave the rich a permanent tax cut while Obama bailed out the rich with QE1, QE2 and QE infinity.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zaryia
@vfighter said:

@zaryia: A post and a delusional rant, who would have thought.

I get it. I post facts that shatter your cult like brain that's been lied to by Breitbart and Infowars. It hurts, so you lash out with this nonsensical 1 liner since you can't actually refute my factual statements.

Care to tell me what was wrong in my post about the economy?

@vfighter said:

But the left is nothing without trying to make everything race related or name calling.

This is ironic considering almost all of your posts towards me are baseless name calling by spamming the same ad-hom one liner over and over, and quickly never posting in the thread again after I eat you alive.

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 joebones5000

@r-gamer said:

@joebones5000: If you compare the first 24 months hes beating Obama in most areas. Pretty impressive since the economy is already booming. Again still waiting for that crash you said was going to happen in 2016 and since it didn't happen you predictably just give Obama all the credit. I'm sorry but you're a joke. Try to be at least a tad bit objective when talking about these thing or else it just makes you look like a lunatic.

Average economic growth that we've seen since 2010 is impressive to you? You have pretty low standards, my friend. Wow.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 19187 Posts

@joebones5000:

Yawn.... by your logic Obama´s first term economy would be all bush to I guess you love bush right?

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 joebones5000

@Jacanuk: lol. But Bush's economy was different than Obama's. Obama's was better.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jacanuk
@joebones5000 said:

@Jacanuk: lol. But Bush's economy was different than Obama's. Obama's was better.

How can it be better? when it was by your own first post´s logic a continuation of it?

The boom was according to you thanks to Bush.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R-Gamer

@joebones5000: lol you have made an absolute ass out of yourself again.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@joebones5000 said:

How can it be better? when it was by your own first post´s logic a continuation of it?

The boom was according to you thanks to Bush.

Well they were different and they can be different.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 7236 Posts

Well, it's not like Obama himself created an amazing economy, he just let the pros do their jobs without getting in their way. He did set a mandate though on sustainable clean energy and a bunch of other progressive ideas. The thing is, Obama just made a bunch of common sense scientifically sound decisions while listening to the academics.

Trump just came in and wrecked a lot of that mandate at the federal level and instead of listening to people much much much much smarter than him, the moron followed his "gut instinct". He's wrong, but whatever the case there's nothing he can do at the state level, which was already aligned with Obama policies from the start. In fact, I think trump is creating a ton of long term damage with his reckless tax cuts to the rich, and deregulating the environmental policies.

He won't last long though, Democrats will destroy the Republicans next year, there's not even a shred of doubt. When that happens, the Democrats will make tons of changes.

The only thing trump has right is his hard line stance on illegal immigration and his lack of interest in starting new wars.

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 joebones5000

@Jacanuk: so, not surprisingly, you completely misunderstand. Trump's economy is a continuation of Obama's economy because they are nearly identical, with essentially the same rates of growth.

Obama's economy is not a continuation of Bush's economy because it was fundamentally different, much better than Bush's.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk
@joebones5000 said:

@Jacanuk: so, not surprisingly, you completely misunderstand. Trump's economy is a continuation of Obama's economy because they are nearly identical, with essentially the same rates of growth.

Obama's economy is not a continuation of Bush's economy because it was fundamentally different, much better than Bush's.

Sorry but that is simply not true.

Obama took over after Bush and put into effect many of Bush´s administrations rescue-plans for the major industries. Also Trump and Obama´s "economy" is not that similar

So again by your very own logic and first post, you love Bush and his economy.

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 joebones5000

@Jacanuk said:
@joebones5000 said:

Obama took over after Bush and put into effect many of Bush´s administrations rescue-plans for the major industries. Also Trump and Obama´s "economy" is not that similar

You demonstrate to everyone here that your reasoning skills are sub par.

The Bush and Obama economies weere quite different, from 2010 on, a year after Obama took office, as that's when we started seeing economic improvement from the Great Bush Recession.

Obama and Trump's economies are nearly identical, and have been for 2+ years, save for the fact that Trump has higher deficits and is trailing Obama in job creation.

Sorry, but you can't spin the numbers, kid.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@joebones5000 said:

Wow. What kool aid are you drinking? Obama did not continue what Bush had been doing. Hence the economies were different.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:

Wow. What kool aid are you drinking? Obama did not continue what Bush had been doing. Hence the economies were different.

You may want to go back and read up on where the economics behind the bailouts came from.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You may want to go back and read up on where the economics behind the bailouts came from.

So you want to make one example speak for the entirety of the administration?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

One example? Obama´s first term economics was pretty much all about bailouts and "saving" the economy where a lot of the plans was already in place from Bush.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

One example? Obama´s first term economics was pretty much all about bailouts and "saving" the economy where a lot of the plans was already in place from Bush.

That's a naïve way of looking at it. Obviously he had to fix the economy he inherited from Bush. Or would you rather he totally disregard it?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9803 Posts

@r-gamer said:

This list shows Trump is on pace to add more debt than Obama. I think he will likely lose next year and fall short by virtue of only being in office half as long, but he's currently adding more than $1 trillion per year to the debt and his deficit is growing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That's a naïve way of looking at it. Obviously he had to fix the economy he inherited from Bush. Or would you rather he totally disregard it?

Not really Naive. Bush knew the economy was bad because it went shit under in him (btw which had nothing to do with Bush) So he set up plans to fix it and Obama inherited them and used them.

Sure Obama did his own as well

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: Are you embracing keyesian economic principles?

The GOP sure didn't at the time. Both Tarp and the stimulus were loudly decried by the party shortly after Obama took office.

Fwiw, I give Bush credit for Tarp. I don't necessarily like the way it was implemented, but it had to be implemented.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk
@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: Are you embracing keyesian economic principles?

The GOP sure didn't at the time. Both Tarp and the stimulus were loudly decried by the party shortly after Obama took office.

Fwiw, I give Bush credit for Tarp. I don't necessarily like the way it was implemented, but it had to be implemented.

Not embracing is as much as acknowledging the benefits it can have like we saw.

GOP knocked the TARP and the Obama bailouts because it was Obama, they completely disregarded the fact that it was Bush who laid the groundwork.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 10480 Posts

Football time, football analogy: Tom Brady retires from the New England Patriots. Arguably the best QB ever. He gets the credit for how good the team is. Now a new QB comes in and does just as good as Brady. Do you dismiss Brady as great? Do you assume the new QB is just riding the current team to success? Or do you acknowledge the new QB may just be as good if not better than Brady was?

joebones5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 joebones5000

@joshrmeyer said:

Football time, football analogy: Tom Brady retires from the New England Patriots. Arguably the best QB ever. He gets the credit for how good the team is. Now a new QB comes in and does just as good as Brady. Do you dismiss Brady as great? Do you assume the new QB is just riding the current team to success? Or do you acknowledge the new QB may just be as good if not better than Brady was?

Your analogy is not appropriate for this situation, and I do not think Trump would like you saying he is just as good as Obama, even though Trump is trailing Obama in job creation by quite a bit.

The point of the topic is not to say that one is better than the other, but to show that their economies are basically the same - this is NOT the "best economy ever". This economy is practically the same economy we've had since 2010, which the same rate of growth.