texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 13242 Posts

Cori Bush has just primaried out Lacy Clay, a rematch of the race she lost in Knock Down The House two years ago. And with Tlaib very likely to win big, the progressive wave in the primaries rolls on. And now with Ilhan Omar's primary challenger being accused of election violations, she should be a lock to keep her seat after her opponent raised a lot of big donor cash and blitzed her.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/08/04/us/elections/results-missouri-house-district-1-primary-election.html

That is 3 sacks for the Justice Democrats this year and 5 in two years (and with unleashing AOC into Congress), and now they can probably sack the Chairman of the House and Ways committee next month, Richard Neal.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 1133 Posts

Two party system is such a joke that you have to create parties within parties to get rid of corporate shills.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 47879 Posts

@rmpumper said:

Two party system is such a joke that you have to create parties within parties to get rid of corporate shills.

That's more or less what I thought. I read up on Bush and thought "Wow, she sounds like a third part candidate" haha.

Ah well, good for her I guess. Good to see more progressive folks gaining ground, even if I don't 100% agree with BLM!'s mission statement.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 37626 Posts
@rmpumper said:

Sadly, I can name at least ONE Justice Dem who is no better than the "standard" politician: Ilhan Omar.

TheGreatChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 TheGreatChomp
Member since 2020 • 1067 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I disagree

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts

@rmpumper said:

This really is a problem. Having to make room for everyone from Joe Biden to AOC just leads to a bunch of infighting. Likewise, Republicans who don't like Trumpism should have more options to choose from than just "the other party". There is a whole range of political opinions one can have, trying to shove it into a binary system doesn't work. Should one's opinion on abortion be tied up with their opinion on oversees intervention, or tax policy?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 13242 Posts

She don't play....wow

She ended the Clay family hold on the seat that started in 1969.