airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

Not a fan of Ted Cruz, but he absolutely destroys this boy here.

Zuck didn't know what hit him.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Go Zodiac Killer!

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

I find it deeply disturbing that Ted Cruz thinks Facebook is entrusted with that much responsibility. Expecting Zuckerberg to protect expression is like expecting Ronald McDonald to raise your kids.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Go Zodiac Killer!

Now I see it !!!

I've always thought there was something weird about Zuck. It all makes sense now. He's the offspring of Cmdr Data and Tasha Yar !!!

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

He destroyed Zuckerberg because he didn't know why some groups were deleted and because he doesn't know the political leaning of his co-workers?

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

He destroyed Zuckerberg because he didn't know why some groups were deleted and because he doesn't know the political leaning of his co-workers?

No, he destroyed Zuckerberg because Zuck first came up with conflicting statements and once he realized he couldn't give a straight answer he started trying to avoid giving an answer altogether.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Must be difficult trying to get a coherent speech from someone who's obviously completely incompetent and clueless about the work he's supposed to be doing and the people who's interests he claims to serve. But I think it must have been hard for Cruz as well.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

haha..not only him..others senators are doing the same..you can clearly see it in Mark Zuckerberg's face..everytime a question that hit him & he has no answers to it..or doesn't want to answer it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

and what is the point of the observation?

i mean what does it mean? why do we care?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:

Aren't you in the group of Russians ruining our election?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

odd answer to a question

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts
Loading Video...

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

odd answer to a question

Well since this is what this is about, I don't think it's that odd.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

@comeonman said:
@SOedipus said:

Go Zodiac Killer!

Now I see it !!!

I've always thought there was something weird about Zuck. It all makes sense now. He's the offspring of Cmdr Data and Tasha Yar !!!

Zuck sounds like he's dubbed. He could be a Dragonball Z villain, or a malfunctioning android.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N30F3N1X

@tryit said:

It's quite obvious that Zuck has lost track of where his creation is going or what it is doing.

You should care just as much as you should care about ruskis in US politics.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TryIt

@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:

It's quite obvious that Zuck has lost track of where his creation is going or what it is doing.

I would love to learn why, please explain

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 N30F3N1X

@tryit said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:

Because he has absolutely no clue on how to respond to the questions that Cruz made him regarding the platform he runs. If he had things under control he wouldn't have tried to slip back to terrorism, nudity and violence when asked questions about political censorship.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TryIt

@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:

Because he has absolutely no clue on how to respond to the questions that Cruz made him regarding the platform he runs. If he had things under control he wouldn't have tried to slip back to terrorism, nudity and violence when asked questions about political censorship.

sorry I dont understand, can you explain in more detail its very unclear.

please have a focus on the 'why' part of my question which means 'why does it matter'?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I don't really want to defend either person here, but if you want Facebook to regulate itself in terms of stopping Russia from interfering with democracy, stopping the spread of fake news, getting rid of hate speech, nudity, etc then it becomes very difficult to expect them to also be "neutral" because the two premises clash with each other. 4chan is essentially what you get when neutrality and anything goes are your goals and I think most Facebook users wouldn't be comfortable with that.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N30F3N1X

@tryit said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:

please have a focus on the 'why' part of my question which means 'why does it matter'?

Aren't you the one who whined about Russia's interference? You're the one who should be explaining to the rest of us why it matters since Russia's interference happened on facebook. lol

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt

@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:
@N30F3N1X said:

Aren't you the one who whined about Russia's interference? You're the one who should be explaining to the rest of us why it matters since Russia's interference happened on facebook. lol

what does that have to do with my question?

Ted Cruz absolutely destroys Mark Zuckerberg over Facebook's practices

WHY

DOES

THAT

MATTER?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@airraidjet: How can Cruz destroy someone who lied so obviously?

And I tip my hat to the prep Zuckerberg went through, he would have made any spin doctor proud in how he managed to never actually answer directly.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 N30F3N1X

@Serraph105 said:

I don't really want to defend either person here, but if you want Facebook to regulate itself in terms of stopping Russia from interfering with democracy, stopping the spread of fake news, getting rid of hate speech, nudity, etc then it becomes very difficult to expect them to also be "neutral" because the two premises clash with each other. 4chan is essentially what you get when neutrality and anything goes are your goals and I think most Facebook users wouldn't be comfortable with that.

So how does judging the "Diamond and Silk" page "unsafe to the community" and limiting their reach help in Facebook's mission of getting rid of fake news, hate speech and spreading nudity?

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 N30F3N1X

@tryit said:

WHY

DOES

THAT

MATTER?

Sorry, already played this game with you. If you're having trouble reading things that have already been written that's on you to re-read, not on me to re-write.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TryIt

@N30F3N1X said:
@tryit said:

WHY

DOES

THAT

MATTER?

Sorry, already played this game with you. If you're having trouble reading things that have already been written that's on you to re-read, not on me to re-write.

you never answered the question. you answered a lot of questions I didnt ask but not this one.

Facebook is a lame unimportant social networking site that people dont even use anymore.

why does grilling it or not make any ^&*( difference to anything!?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Serraph105  Online

@N30F3N1X said:
@Serraph105 said:

So how does judging the "Diamond and Silk" page "unsafe to the community" and limiting their reach help in Facebook's mission of getting rid of fake news, hate speech and spreading nudity?

I have no idea what the "Diamond and Silk" page is or was about. Maybe you can fill me in on what it posted regularly and what this controversy even is?

Regardless of this my point is broader than any singular instance or even multiple instances of failure on Facebook's part, but focused more directly on the point Ted Cruise brought up which was the question of whether or not Facebook should be expected to censure a certain criteria of material while also truly remaining "nuetral" in the things that it allows on it's website. If something ges incorrectly labeled as fake news or a political ad, or wrongly taken down due to threats towards democracy it's being done so because facebook is actively not being nuetral on purpose. Now they may get it wrong accidentally, or they become completely corrupt and try to tip the scales for one political party, the first being understandable yet open to scrutiny for anyone who wants to take advantage of it (like Ted Cruise was doing in that video) and the second being pretty unforgivable, buuuut at the same time not that different from what a ton of other websites and outlets like Fox News try to do on a daily basis. However nuetrality is not the goal of well-meaning censorship, safety is the goal. The point is that you just really can't have nuetrality and the regulation of information (and facebook is essentially a purely information based company) at the same time.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Huh? Cruz just looked like a fool here as he usually does.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TryIt

thing is the questions I saw that they asked him didnt have d8ck to do with the data theft question. not even remotely related.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Haha. I watched part of it live. Yes I have rarely seen them chop up a corporate person publicly like that. Oh well. I am more interested in what they actually do with this. Cause I would still be surprised if they actually did anything good and didn't twist this in their favor somehow.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

their human facades are slipping

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

rite of passage of a ceo i guess.

have to go and have a bunch of politicians berate you for a few hours and get in some zingers so they can put together highlight reels for the news and for their campaigns.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TryIt

@comp_atkins said:

rite of passage of a ceo i guess.

have to go and have a bunch of politicians berate you for a few hours and get in some zingers so they can put together highlight reels for the news and for their campaigns.

did anyone notice that none of the question (at least that I saw) had anything to do with the data left.

they were just general and abstract and some completely off topic.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@N30F3N1X said:
@Serraph105 said:

It doesn't matter. Facebook can censor whoever they want.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TryIt

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@Serraph105 said:

and speaking for myself I am all for spreading nudity

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Serraph105  Online

@tryit said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@Serraph105 said:

and speaking for myself I am all for spreading nudity

I mean I'm generally cool with it myself, I'm just saying that many parents with kids on facebook wouldn't be.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Cruz is a joke, a wannabe celebrity hack. All I remember from this bumbling idiot is "more cowbells, more cowbells". Well, I'm happy he gave Zuckerberg a good thrashing. To be honest, they have a monopoly/stranglehold that exists because of the commie government policies, and that is the reason why all these issues of privacy have come up lately.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

I got a completely different impression. It seemed like zuckerberg was tasked with trying to explain the internet to old people who were way out of their element.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@Serraph105 said:

Define hate speech to an international company.

pro tip: Hate speech is arbitrarily decided based on culture.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Serraph105  Online

@Gaming-Planet said:
@Serraph105 said:

Define hate speech to an international company.

pro tip: Hate speech is arbitrarily decided based on culture.

True, I'm not sure how it goes against my main point, but still true.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TryIt

@Baconstrip78 said:

I got a completely different impression. It seemed like zuckerberg was tasked with trying to explain the internet to old people who were way out of their element.

that is EXACTLY what it felt like to me.

They didnt even know which questions would be relevant to data left or not.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

My favorite line in that hearing was when Dan Sullivan questioned Zuckerberg, which led to Zuckerberg saying this gem

"Do we feel responsible for everything posted on Facebook? The answer to that is clearly yes"

His lawyers must pulling their hair out.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TryIt

@vl4d_l3nin said:

My favorite line in that hearing was when Dan Sullivan questioned Zuckerberg, which led to Zuckerberg saying this gem

"Do we feel responsible for everything posted on Facebook? The answer to that is clearly yes"

His lawyers must pulling their hair out.

which of course is a statement that has nothing whatsoever at all to do with the left of data.

they are WAY out of their element

KellyRivers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KellyRivers
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Zuckerberg really does look inhuman in a lot of his pics. I'm not a believer in aliens (life is too complex to form throughout the cosmos; we're lucky even we exist), but . . . . . . if someone told me there was one alien on Earth disguised as human . . . . . . Zuck would be it.