mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@silentchief: All you're proving is that you don't know what CRT is and are attributing anything race related that you don't like to it.

You're proving it over, and over, and over again.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#253 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6863 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@silentchief: All you're proving is that you don't know what CRT is and are attributing anything race related that you don't like to it.

You're proving it over, and over, and over again.

It'd been discussed repeatedly in other threads. I know exactly what it is and the left continues to deny it exist.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23906 Posts

@silentchief: Stop asserting "I know", even when it is abundantly clear that you don't. Seriously...

So far, you cannot provide basic definitions for CRT, at best you pointed at another person's argument, calling it a checkmate, failing that realize that if you applied basic reading comprehension to it, it doesnt say what you think it said. If you want to demonstrate that you do know what you are talking about, provide clear definitions. Backed by actual evidence. Not random YT videos, that whlie they tried, they completely missed the mark.

But this isnt the first time you keep being willfully ignorant.

Remember how you claimed to know left wing politics, when you couldnt even tell the difference between a liberal and a leftist? Or asserted that Angela Merkel was left wing?

Stop being stubborn in your ignorance, and start listening to people, just for once. You would be far more respected if you actually started to own up to your own ignorance.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

So lets get this straight,

1. It's only less than .1% of schools going by the list provided by the right wing users ITT.

2. And even that list, some of the instances of "CRT" are simply schools saying to be not racist. LMAO!

Talk about manufactured crisis. Pretty sure this propaganda was only ramped up due to the real GOP Crisis of anti-masking and anti-vaccing during a Pandemic.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@palasta: Again, you are missing the context.

Intersectionality in what context? It concerns intesectionality in law.

The two are related, and adherents of one are often adherants of the other. But CRT is the Legal side, and is only really taught at college levels.

I havent missed anything. It doesnt matter where you think it is really taught, it is extremist doctrine. Why would it? World Ice Theory isnt taught anywhere, but it doesnt change its origin and purpose. It is what is and if you support extremist ideology you re enabling extremism. That simple.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Maroxad

@palasta said:
@Maroxad said:

The two are related, and adherents of one are often adherants of the other. But CRT is the Legal side, and is only really taught at college levels.

I havent missed anything. It doesnt matter where you think it is really taught, it is extremist doctrine. Why would it? World Ice Theory isnt taught anywhere, but it doesnt change its origin and purpose. It is what is and if you support extremist ideology you re enabling extremism. That simple.

Covering the fact that the Law and Legal enforcement system has had racial biases, and potentially even some today is not extremist, or racist.

Also, there is nothing wrong with teaching actual extremist ideologies in school. We read both Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto. The reason World Ice Theory isn't taught is because it isn't academically viable. Critical Race Theory is, which is why it continues to be studied and used by legal scholars even today. It has it's flaws, which I have highlighted. But as of now, it is a viable lens in to view the legal system.

smh, you guys could really learn something from this general

Loading Video...

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

I dont know about schools teaching people to be racist, but I do know parents do it it. Kids aren't born racist, they can distinguish the differences between people at a young age, but they aren't born as racists. It's the disgusting parents who do the job. And sadly it's a generational thing, a village, tribe, cult thing.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#261 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@palasta said:
@Maroxad said:

Covering the fact that the Law and Legal enforcement system has had racial biases, and potentially even some today is not extremist, or racist.

Also, there is nothing wrong with teaching actual extremist ideologies in school. We read both Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto. The reason World Ice Theory isn't taught is because it isn't academically viable. Critical Race Theory is, which is why it continues to be studied and used by legal scholars even today. It has it's flaws, which I have highlighted. But as of now, it is a viable lens in to view the legal system.

smh, you guys could really learn something from this general

Loading Video...

You’re a level headed guy. Could you provide me a few links that you believe fairly explains CRT? I‘m genuinely curious.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Silentchief

@girlusocrazy said:

@silentchief: You should really speak for yourself. I don't even know what post you're talking about, you'll have to show me what post and what part says what you can't seem to find the words for, don't send me on a wild goose chase.

So far not showing you know anything, always pointing at others' words and vaguely saying "this!" about nothing specific, just hoping you can get away from this without making any point at all yourself, throwing out whatever recycled textdump of random talking points you can find.

I've posted links repeatedly for you to read. One was the president openly supporting the teaching of crt with a direct quote and you called it an opinion piece. You are an absolute waste of time.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Silentchief
@Maroxad said:

@silentchief: Stop asserting "I know", even when it is abundantly clear that you don't. Seriously...

So far, you cannot provide basic definitions for CRT, at best you pointed at another person's argument, calling it a checkmate, failing that realize that if you applied basic reading comprehension to it, it doesnt say what you think it said. If you want to demonstrate that you do know what you are talking about, provide clear definitions. Backed by actual evidence. Not random YT videos, that whlie they tried, they completely missed the mark.

But this isnt the first time you keep being willfully ignorant.

Remember how you claimed to know left wing politics, when you couldnt even tell the difference between a liberal and a leftist? Or asserted that Angela Merkel was left wing?

Stop being stubborn in your ignorance, and start listening to people, just for once. You would be far more respected if you actually started to own up to your own ignorance.

Except I do know and I know you are absolutely fucking clueless. Just watching the goalpost move from leftist on this issue tells you everything you need to know. We have discussed CRT in multiple threads. I have posted countless examples of CRT being taught and I hear two sides of the debate from the left. One denies that the various college courses and corporate diversity training is CRT but something else( intersectionality) as some have called it. Others acknowledge the fact that those are examples of CRT but it's not that big of a deal because it's not the same thing being taught in K-12 schools.

The reality is intersectionality the aspect that links race with privlege and status is a key part of CRT and it's being taught everywhere. It's a key component mentioned in every single example I can find of the course being taught. So we have established that it is CRT and it's being taught everywhere. It is not being taught the same way we teach kids about Communism. It's being taught as if it's a fact and systemic change must happen in order to make society equal and fair. It is shaping all facets of the educational system and I can give you countless examples if you like.

Regardless it's hard for me to listen to a guy who called me alt right when I'm actually center right. And when you had an absolute meltdown when your political compass test revealed you were a far leftie.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Maroxad

@silentchief You linked one source, and that source was a YouTube video for crying out loud. Which completely missed the mark. The only reason I said it was good for a YouTube video is that he at least tried. You continue to be wrong in this thread, and this time you aren't even trying to provide sources. Intersectionality in this case is done under a legal framework and has nothing to do with teaching white kids that they are racist. You are dishonestly trying to use one word, to lead to conclusions that CRT talks about things it clearly doesn't. The mistake you repeat is that you are taking words out of their context and putting them in a everyday understanding of the word, instead of the academic context they are meant to be placed in.

Now how does CRT build itself of intersectionality?

Specifically this: Identifies that each person can not be built on merely race alone: A person can be black, but they can also be christian, lesbian and a scientist.

That CLEARLY doesn't paint the narrative you are trying to paint.

I didn't say you are a Alt-Righter, I said you are argue like one. You consume their media, you adhere to the same nationalist nonsense and you certainly hint of some racism on your end, and just like most alt righters, you really don't want to own up to it. And far left and far right has to do with how far one takes their politics. Not how much one is willing to nod at democratic or republican talking points.

@MirkoS77 said:

You’re a level headed guy. Could you provide me a few links that you believe fairly explains CRT? I‘m genuinely curious.

In short,

https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory

A long explanation

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/publications/human_rights_magazine_home/civil-rights-reimagining-policing/a-lesson-on-critical-race-theory/

What I wish we were talking about (old tech can be fascinating at times)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode-ray_tube

Basically it interrogates the role of race and racism within a legal context. Particularly analyzing how the legal system, often in subtle ways enforce racism, it is not diversity training or any of that. That primarily falls under intersectionality.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@silentchief said:
@girlusocrazy said:

@silentchief: You should really speak for yourself. I don't even know what post you're talking about, you'll have to show me what post and what part says what you can't seem to find the words for, don't send me on a wild goose chase.

So far not showing you know anything, always pointing at others' words and vaguely saying "this!" about nothing specific, just hoping you can get away from this without making any point at all yourself, throwing out whatever recycled textdump of random talking points you can find.

I've posted links repeatedly for you to read. One was the president openly supporting the teaching of crt with a direct quote and you called it an opinion piece. You are an absolute waste of time.

That's false.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Silentchief

@girlusocrazy: intersectionality is a key aspect of CRT as linked earlier in this thread. Although privlege certainly exist to link that privlege to being white is absolute nonsense. That's the the problem it links social status and chance of success mainly off ones race and makes one think that people are where they are because of the oppressive system that was created to hold them down. It absolves one of any responsibility for ones actions. And regardless how hard one tries to be successful they will never obtain true equality because they are not white. And that the system and standards that are currently in place must be completely dismantled as there purpose is to give white people an advantage.

That is CRT in it's current form.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief: I recommend you enroll in college and take those classes. You might learn something. You have a very very superficial understanding that is based on faux far right outrage and talking points.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Silentchief

@Maroxad: Stop lying. I linked multiple videos one with the teacher saying " all white people are racists" am I lying ? Or would you like me to link the video again? Is your argument that , that's not CRT ? And if it isn't what is it?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:

@silentchief: I recommend you enroll in college and take those classes. You might learn something. You have a very very superficial understanding that is based on faux far right outrage and talking points.

I have a degree that actually allows me to earn money. I'll leave the white guilt classes to you..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I have a degree that actually allows me to earn money. I'll leave the white guilt classes to you..

So you admit to not knowing what you're talking about.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Maroxad

@silentchief: Lawyers (who study CRT) don't make money?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#274 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@girlusocrazy: I think the problem with "you should take one of those university courses" is that quite a few of us no longer believe universities teach objective facts but instead push ideology. Taking a course in CRT would do nothing but push an agenda and an ideology that we don't share. It would be like an atheist going to a Christian based college and a Christian expecting the atheist to become Christian from having to take mandatory Bible courses.

I hope you understand the concern there.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Telekill

@girlusocrazy: Obviously you won't agree with me on that view. On the flip side of that, it should be obvious that I won't be convinced otherwise on the Gamespot forums.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@girlusocrazy: I think the problem with "you should take one of those university courses" is that quite a few of us no longer believe universities teach objective facts but instead push ideology. Taking a course in CRT would do nothing but push an agenda and an ideology that we don't share. It would be like an atheist going to a Christian based college and a Christian expecting the atheist to become Christian from having to take mandatory Bible courses.

I hope you understand the concern there.

Taking a course gives you an education about something. Knowledge is power. Or conversely one can live in ignorance and make a fool of oneself to those who are educated. By the way that's a bad analogy. A course teaches about a subject. It doesn't make you an adherent of it. It's my belief one shouldn't talk about what one doesn't understand.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: You miss the point again.

I don't trust that universities are capable of teaching objective actual truth. They aren't capable of teaching outside the scope of their ideology. Due to that, the information being disseminated is inherently flawed and incorrect.

I'm not going to pay thousands to be lied too.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: You miss the point again.

I don't trust that universities are capable of teaching objective actual truth. They aren't capable of teaching outside the scope of their ideology. Due to that, the information being disseminated is inherently flawed and incorrect.

I'm not going to pay thousands to be lied too.

Then there is no hope for you. If you look for conspiracy everywhere, I'm sure you'll convince yourself you found it.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#281 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@girlusocrazy:

@Zaryia

@Maroxad

Not sure why it matters whether they are teaching "real CRT" or not.

I also don't care if the % is 0.1% of schools, or 50% of schools. The concepts which are being framed as CRT or deriving from CRT, have no objective evidence behind them, indicating that teaching them results in any reduction of racism. None of this has any place in schools, except as an elective, in college or university.

These concepts are:

Race essentialism

Collective guilt

White privilege

White fragility

Racism/anti-racism (this is no longer acceptable, as Kendi has forever twisted the definition to mean something else)

Etc.

To eliminate confusion, I will henceforth refer to the concepts that have been derived from critical race theory and are promoted by scholars such as Ibram Kendi or Robin DiAngelo as:

Critical Race Applied Principles. Or C.R.A.P for short.

I say no to C.R.A.P. being taught in schools, except as an optional course in post secondary.

Go ahead and accuse me of twisting the definition of CRT btw, that's fine by me.

Multiple related concepts such as white supremacy, racism, anti-racism etc have already had their definitions forever twisted by a very loud minority. So fair is fair imo.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@appariti0n said:

@girlusocrazy:

@Zaryia

@Maroxad

It matters because the crazy far right is labeling literally anything CRT. Like the link posted earlier which had less than .1% labeled as CRT teachers. But even that less than .1% was just dumb shit like:

"Kids, don't put up racist drawing". "Kids don't be racist please."

OMG CRT!

@appariti0n said:

@girlusocrazy:

Race essentialism

Collective guilt

White privilege

White fragility

What K-12 is teaching this. What % of K-12 is that of USA teaching this.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 appariti0n

@zaryia: don't care, because any number higher than 0% is too high.

I would say the same about any unproven, divisive ideology.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@zaryia said:
@appariti0n said:

@girlusocrazy:

@Zaryia

@Maroxad

It matters because the crazy far right is labeling literally anything CRT. Like the link posted earlier which had less than .1% labeled as CRT teachers. But even that less than .1% was just dumb shit like:

"Kids, don't put up racist drawing". "Kids don't be racist please."

OMG CRT!

Lets not forget the audit into systematic racism that was mentioned earlier.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Telekill

@girlusocrazy: Indoctrination doesn't always include pressure when it comes to kids. Teachers may not be opening the CRT Bible and saying... "turn to page 52 where we left off yesterday". They are taking the principles of CRT and putting it everywhere... even in math problems. If you're putting the principles of white privilege and racism in general into the teaching of young minds... it's still teaching CRT.

The semantics games you leftists play are ridiculous.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@girlusocrazy: Indoctrination doesn't always include pressure when it comes to kids. Teachers may not be opening the CRT Bible and saying... "turn to page 52 where we left off yesterday". They are taking the principles of CRT and putting it everywhere... even in math problems. If you're putting the principles of white privilege and racism in general into the teaching of young minds... it's still teaching CRT.

The semantics games you leftists play are ridiculous.

Once again this is higher education studies. Not K-12.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: You're wrong.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@appariti0n said:

@zaryia: don't care, because any number higher than 0% is too high.

I would say the same about any unproven, divisive ideology.

What does 'unproven, divisive ideology' even mean? I would argue that every system of economics may meet that criteria, thus be banned from teaching.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 appariti0n

@HoolaHoopMan:

It has not been proven that teaching kids to view each other through the lens of their race or privilege will somehow make the world less racist. Yet that seems to be the main motivation/impetus for teaching these concepts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 LJS9502_basic

@appariti0n said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

It has not been proven that teaching kids to view each other through the lens of their race or privilege will somehow make the world less racist. Yet that seems to be the main motivation/impetus for teaching these concepts.

Do I understand you correctly? You're against attempting to remove racism from children?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 appariti0n

@LJS9502_basic: There's a flaw with this logic though.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that teaching kids to view everything via the lens of race and privilege will automatically result in more tolerant, less racist kids.

Yet what (if any) evidence has been presented which proves this is the case?

Meanwhile, what has happened historically any time society attempted to separate people into various identity groups based on race? Good things? Bad things? Or a mix of both?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 HoolaHoopMan

@appariti0n said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

That's not what I was really getting at. What would you define as 'totally proven' and how is the definition applicable to teaching curriculum?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 LJS9502_basic

@appariti0n said:

@LJS9502_basic: There's a flaw with this logic though.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that teaching kids to view everything via the lens of race and privilege will automatically result in more tolerant, less racist kids.

Yet what (if any) evidence has been presented which proves this is the case?

Meanwhile, what has happened historically any time society attempted to separate people into various identity groups based on race? Good things? Bad things? Or a mix of both?

Education and experience tends to thwart racism.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 appariti0n

@HoolaHoopMan: "Proven" to me would mean that something similar has been implemented somewhere else, with at least somewhat similar societies, with a measurable reduction in racism, hate crimes, hate speech etc, after a certain period of time teaching it.

Until then, it's a social experiment, with our kids as the unwitting test subjects as far as I'm concerned.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 appariti0n

@LJS9502_basic: And I feel that emphasizing human qualities we all share, rather than pointing out race or privilege, are far better at undermining racism.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
@appariti0n said:

@HoolaHoopMan: "Proven" to me would mean that something similar has been implemented somewhere else, with at least somewhat similar societies, with a measurable reduction in racism, hate crimes, hate speech etc, after a certain period of time teaching it.

Until then, it's a social experiment, with our kids as the unwitting test subjects as far as I'm concerned.

Let me bring it back a notch. You indicated that we shouldn't be teaching things that haven't been 'proven'. 'Proven' is a fairly open ended term that really doesn't apply to the realm of STEM fields, since the methodology used to teach doesn't rely on a platform of 'provability'.

For example I could say please 'prove gravity' to me. You'd think it's an easy thing to do, but you'll soon realize that gravity is still a theory and has plenty of holes in it with respect to physics and combability with quantum mechanics. Knowing this, should we discontinue the teaching of general relativity and gravitation law given that we cannot fully 'prove' that gravity is a real thing?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 LJS9502_basic

@appariti0n said:

@LJS9502_basic: And I feel that emphasizing human qualities we all share, rather than pointing out race or privilege, are far better at undermining racism.

Someone taught at home to be a racist isn't going to care about any of that. Education shouldn't bother anyone.