Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 11457 Posts

Indoctrination continues. The books shown in the video below are just some of the cult teachings being given to elementary aged to high school aged children. In one of the books geared towards 3rd graders it goes so far to teach how their whiteness (being born white) is evil and how to argue with parents that are unaware of what's being taught to their children.

This is an evil practice teaching kids they should be ashamed because of color of their skin. Glad to see many are standing up against it.

Video Link

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 721 Posts

At this point, if i have kids.. id rather have them in the bible thumping private school than public school. I went to public school and always vouched for it, but this shit is stupid.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3076 Posts

I predict a massive spike in private, charter, Catholic, and home schooling in the next few years

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 4537 Posts

The "red for ed" types should have lost their jobs immediately. Public schools are not privately ran, they are funded by taxes paid for by all citizens. To hijack them and push an ideology that goes above and beyond the require curriculum is indoctrination. Logically speaking, it's no different than if teachers in a public school on the public's dime used their position to teach the bible to young children. Ideology is ideology and if one isn't allowed in school, none should be.

The idea of school choice scares the shit out of them because they know many parents will opt out of schools like that, and those schools will lose their funding, or be forced to cut the bullshit and do their jobs correctly. We need better transparency, and we need options in public schools.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 173319 Posts

Any better source than that?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 3862 Posts

Already have a bunch of parents from my kid's class on board to stand up to this nonsense if they try to bring it to our schools.

Most weren't even aware it was happening elsewhere.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 15790 Posts

@sargentd said:

At this point, if i have kids.. id rather have them in the bible thumping private school than public school. I went to public school and always vouched for it, but this shit is stupid.

I need a real link to exactly what these teachers were teaching before I'd go and say something this far. Can't just spam culture wars buzzwords "Muh CRT!" without knowing exactly what was taught. Like, some idiot far righters call teaching literally any history regarding slavery as "omg racist CRT!".

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15016 Posts

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rumble/

"QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news."

Also the video source is Tim "certified dipshit" Pool.

Why must we put up with this trolling.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia

@Vaasman said:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rumble/

"QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news."

Also the video source is Tim "certified dipshit" Poole.

Even worse, it leads to Tim Pool.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 17345 Posts

First of all, that is not what whiteness means. Whiteness is an admittedly cringey way to describe certain attitudes. Your source would have known as much, if the authors had even bothered to do their basic research, also the sourcing is absolutely terrible.

@Vaasman: Yikes. Imagine using Tim Pool as a source. Embarassing.

Edit: I honestly don't know what thread to make first. The one that explains basics of sourcing, or political terminology. Because it is very obvious some people badly need it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic

@zaryia said:
@Vaasman said:

Also the video source is Tim "certified dipshit" Poole.

Even worse, it leads to Tim Pool.

So a nothing thread as I suspected from his source.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zaryia

NGL, this all appears to be engineered outrage (due to the whole GOP covid/economy disaster and having nothing else left to talk about). I mean just look at the OP, he links some shitter youtube video that goes into 0 details. The fact so many conservatives here have been caught up in it funny. I saw it coming with Mr.Potatoe head though.

The engineered panic over critical race theory, explained - CNNPolitics

Not to say some portions of CRT are not troubling (IMO), but were they in this case?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vl4d_l3nin

Screenshot from the NEA website before it was swiftly taken down.

I can't believe they were stupid enough to let the cat out of the bag.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 17345 Posts

@zaryia: Read through the article. While they aren't wrong, do you have a non CNN source?

Don't forget, "Non-Racists" view CNN in the same way we view dipshit youtubers like Tim Pool.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zaryia

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Wait what's wrong with teaching about slavery and it's effects?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vaasman

@vl4d_l3nin said:

3 seconds on nea.org tells me the formatting of this is completely wrong to be a screenshot. Can you post a waybackmachine link or provide any evidence it's actually from their site?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vl4d_l3nin

@Vaasman said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

3 seconds on nea.org tells me the formatting of this is completely wrong to be a screenshot. Can you post a waybackmachine link or provide any evidence it's actually from their site?

https://web.archive.org/web/20210706013044/https://ra.nea.org/business-item/2021-nbi-039/

Don't know why I had to do it for you.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 13983 Posts
@Vaasman said:

They don't have anything to support their victim complex so they have to resort to this type of thing

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@zaryia said:

Next they'll attack PBS documentaries, and libraries that have books on these subjects

Meanwhile if they would ever actually open up a book they'd notice the first chapter of CRT is about criticisms and critical thoughts towards CRT. They're so afraid of the topic they don't even want people having both sides of the subject. They just want to play nanny and push people towards conclusions by using fear so they demonize it out of the gate.

Ron Desantis would be upset, he wants equal representation of all viewpoints, so listen to Ronny D, learn about CRT.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vl4d_l3nin

@zaryia said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

We already do. Maybe you should've payed attention in history class, and also actually read what was in that screenshot.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaasman

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@Vaasman said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210706013044/https://ra.nea.org/business-item/2021-nbi-039/

Because "screenshots" are worthless when you can provide a link, stop crying.

And at any rate this isn't from their main site it's from the representative assembly. RA material is not official policy and has little or no bearing other than proposal material. You're effectively circulating a blogpost. And not to mention it's not like it's saying anything scary (oh no acknowledge slavery and racist culture in history). You're whining about effectively nothing.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@zaryia said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

We already do. Maybe you should've payed attention in history class, and also actually read what was in that screenshot.

That was part of what I read, so you're clearly fine with some parts of CRT or similar teachings (The biggest parts actually). I payed attention in history class, it was glossed over in my school. A footnote. The effects part was left out entirely.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zaryia
@Vaasman said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:
@Vaasman said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

Because "screenshots" are worthless when you can provide a link, stop crying.

And at any rate this isn't from their main site it's from the representative assembly. RA material is not official policy and has little or no bearing other than proposal material. You're effectively circulating a blogpost. And not to mention it's not like it's saying anything scary (oh no acknowledge slavery and racist culture in history). You're whining about effectively nothing.

But when it comes to confederate statues then they want to keep the history.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 appariti0n

FWIW, I didn't follow the link, just commenting generally.

Totally fine with complete history being taught, including Slavery, Jim Crow, etc, but there are several core concepts derived from CRT, which are mostly pushed by folks like Robin DiAngelo and Ibram Kendi that I am vehemently opposed to having taught to my kids.

Collective guilt

Race essentialism

White supremacy

White fragility

Intersectionality

White privilege

Racist/anti-racist

All of this stuff can be taught at the college level as an elective, and that's fine. But trying to push this into K-12 is pure indoctrination, plain and simple. And I'm not supporting it. If my kids school tried to teach intelligent design, I would object in the exact same manner.

There is no empirical evidence that I am aware of that proves teaching these concepts in K-12 improves anything. Essentially this is a social experiment which I want my kids to have no part in.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 appariti0n

As far as Canada is concerned, our equivalent will be teaching about residential schools. Which I'm also fine with. I will just demand to see the actual curriculum/lesson plans.

As long as the main narrative is that it was terrible, it happened, nobody alive today is responsible or should feel guilty about it, yet we need to ensure nothing like this happens again, that's fine too.

The previous NDP government had began instituting a curriculum that mentioned residential schools in Grade 1, before the UCP government who was elected after them threw it out entirely. I never actually got to see a lesson plan, but I can see how some would have serious reservations about such a weighty topic being taught to kids in grade 1.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vl4d_l3nin

@Vaasman: You were basically asking me to do a google search for you with an extra step. Stop being lazy, and stop moving the goal post. Libs are being willfully ignorant about schools wanting to teach CRT, and it's pretty annoying.

What that proposal very clearly says is there is a desire for teachers to use CRT in the classroom. Point A proposes an advocacy campaign for CRT. Points C and E, clearly state using CRT as a tool for teaching. Point F advocates pressuring the NEA president to advocate CRT. And of course, there is a cost implication, they want more money in order to be able to do it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@vl4d_l3nin: You should always provide a source for your assertion in cases like this. No one else should have to search out the facts of your posts.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vl4d_l3nin

@LJS9502_basic: I did. I even did the google search for him and pasted into the wayback machine like he asked, but chose not to do himself.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vaasman

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@Vaasman: You were basically asking me to do a google search for you with an extra step. Stop being lazy, and stop moving the goal post. Libs are being willfully ignorant about schools wanting to teach CRT, and it's pretty annoying.

What that proposal very clearly says is there is a desire for teachers to use CRT in the classroom. Point A proposes an advocacy campaign for CRT. Points C and E, clearly state using CRT as a tool for teaching. Point F advocates pressuring the NEA president to advocate CRT. And of course, there is a cost implication, they want more money in order to be able to do it.

You posted something that wasn't from their actual site and said it was, google wasn't going to help when you're deliberately misleading. You pulled the equivalent of using a removed comicon shitpost as official Marvel news and then complained when I immediately noticed a discrepancy.

What it actually says is that trolls like you will do anything and everything to pound your fist and cry from the heavens about the next big scare. If it's not Dr Seuss it's trans rights and if it's not that it's CRT. At the absolute worst this tiny, deleted post asks history to acknowledge that racism was a foundation of the country that can't rationally be ignored, while all you whining babies want is to pretend racism is over and never happened.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 37260 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

the screen shot and what is claimed in the op, that the nea "admits to teaching k-12 kids how to be racist" ( nice idiotic clickbait title btw, you should work for yahoo ) are not connected as far as anyone who can read can tell.

nea does not set school curriculum for starters. secondly, whatever this business item it, it is obviously geared to informing nea members, NOT students.

if i had to guess, this item probably partially stems from union members getting lots of backlash from tucker carlson-informed parents about what they perceive the schools may be teaching and serves as some means to help educate members better.

oooooh the humanity!

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 20540 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

WTF is up with people asking the reader to look up the source for the writer lately? That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 appariti0n

@mattbbpl:

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works

Sir I believe you need to provide a citation for that.

:P

TheNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheNation
Member since 2021 • 567 Posts

Another failed thread about CRT. 🥱 Seems only conservatives have an issue with it based on a manufactured lie.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 appariti0n

Was digging into this further, and came across a list of schools teaching the book "Not my idea: A book about whiteness"

Sample image from the book:

List of schools teaching it:

Now, we can argue back and forth whether or not this is "true CRT" all we want. Regardless of what it is, it's racist garbage I don't want taught to my kids. Like seriously, tell me the image on the top right isn't a terrible thing to be teaching kids in elementary school?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@appariti0n: Sounds like it's on recommended lists. Doesn't say it's being taught.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zaryia

@thenation said:

Another failed thread about CRT. 🥱 Seems only conservatives have an issue with it based on a manufactured lie.

It jumps up every time there is a positive jobs/economy report while Dems are in control. It's a political strategy. Got to get the people mad at nothing burgers while the country improves. I remember similar garbage during Obama's recovery.

TheNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheNation

@zaryia: They did the same to Clinton as well. Dude above posted a screenshot of schools he claimed were teaching this, YouTube videos and nothing was clickable.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 721 Posts

@appariti0n said:

FWIW, I didn't follow the link, just commenting generally.

Totally fine with complete history being taught, including Slavery, Jim Crow, etc, but there are several core concepts derived from CRT, which are mostly pushed by folks like Robin DiAngelo and Ibram Kendi that I am vehemently opposed to having taught to my kids.

Collective guilt

Race essentialism

White supremacy

White fragility

Intersectionality

White privilege

Racist/anti-racist

All of this stuff can be taught at the college level as an elective, and that's fine. But trying to push this into K-12 is pure indoctrination, plain and simple. And I'm not supporting it. If my kids school tried to teach intelligent design, I would object in the exact same manner.

There is no empirical evidence that I am aware of that proves teaching these concepts in K-12 improves anything. Essentially this is a social experiment which I want my kids to have no part in.

Agree with everything you said.

The stuff taught at the college level id like to point out is still broad theory and very subjective.

What annoys me are the people that treat such topics as some sort of hard science.

TheNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheNation

@appariti0n: The fact you oppose teaching kids things that still impact their lives is disturbing. White Supremacy is still out there and the fact you want to ignore it is telling. And no, talking about white supremacy is not teaching kids to hate white people or being white. That’s nonsense.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 appariti0n

@LJS9502_basic said:

@appariti0n: Sounds like it's on recommended lists. Doesn't say it's being taught.

I sure hope not, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for more info.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 16892 Posts

@appariti0n said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I sure hope not, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for more info.

Why not quote the page previous to that which explains that whiteness doesn't mean being white? I don't agree with the terminology but it's not what you're making it out to be.

@Telekill said:

Indoctrination continues. The books shown in the video below are just some of the cult teachings being given to elementary aged to high school aged children. In one of the books geared towards 3rd graders it goes so far to teach how their whiteness (being born white) is evil and how to argue with parents that are unaware of what's being taught to their children.

This is an evil practice teaching kids they should be ashamed because of color of their skin. Glad to see many are standing up against it.

Video Link

Replace 'whiteness' and 'color of their skin' above with the word 'sin' and it suddenly sounds a hell of a lot like church.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By appariti0n

@thenation said:

@appariti0n: The fact you oppose teaching kids things that still impact their lives is disturbing. White Supremacy is still out there and the fact you want to ignore it is telling. And no, talking about white supremacy is not teaching kids to hate white people or being white. That’s nonsense.

The problem is, the very term "White supremacy" has been bastardized into something it never was.

Look at any society in history, and there has always been an elite, middle, and lower class. Where the elites tend to stay where they are, the middle class jockeys for upward movement, and the lower class has a hard time escaping into the middle or elite class. You could call it a glass ceiling, limited class mobility, class supremacy etc, and I would have no problems with it.

But when you call it "White supremacy", you frame it for all of history as a phenomenon unique to white people, which it most certainly isn't. Especially once you leave the USA.

I mean, by the same logic, one could begin referring to "gang violence" as "black violence" or "minority violence", given that the vast majority of gang members currently belong to those groups. But we don't. Why? Because most of us white people know it's bloody racist to do so. So why aren't white people afforded the same courtesy?

You want to call out the phenomenon itself, or specific policies as being unfair, and not conducive to people in the lower class improving their lot in life? Sure! I'm onboard.

I'll be damned if I'm going to sit by and watch White people effectively get framed as the bad guys for the rest of history for merely being successful and doing what literally every other successful class has done for centuries all over the globe.

Never mind the fact that any talk of "White supremacy" and how bad it has been for black people in the US never seems to mention those still living in Africa and what their quality of life is by comparison. It's almost as though there's an agenda to not be impartial or fair whatsoever.

Can you even name a specific policy or action we could take, using "race" as the criteria, that couldn't achieve the same ends using "class", as the criteria instead?

What's actually telling, is that you seem so keen to push this on elementary school kids, when there exists no actual evidence that teaching any of this will make anything better. And as far as I know, you don't have kids yourself. At least you've never spoken about them to my knowledge.

So yeah, I'll stand up to it where I'm at, and let other places run this social experiment on their kids first thank you very much. :)

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 br0kenrabbit

@appariti0n said:

Can you even name a specific policy or action we could take, using "race" as the criteria, that couldn't achieve the same ends using "class", as the criteria instead?

One drop rule.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 appariti0n

@br0kenrabbit: No, I mean a corrective action we could take to help those who are falling behind.

IE:

1. Allocate an extra $5000 per year towards education for black kids

Vs

2. Allocate an extra $5000 per year towards education for any kid living in a household with an income less than X.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@appariti0n said:

@br0kenrabbit: No, I mean a corrective action we could take to help those who are falling behind.

IE:

1. Allocate an extra $5000 per year towards education for black kids

Vs

2. Allocate an extra $5000 per year towards education for any kid living in a household with an income less than X.

What needs to be done is to make public schools fully federally funded. Right now school funding is local, so poor communities (of all races) can't afford the same top-tier education students in richer districts get. There's no other way around it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

@br0kenrabbit said:

What needs to be done is to make public schools fully federally funded. Right now school funding is local, so poor communities (of all races) can't afford the same top-tier education students in richer districts get. There's no other way around it.

Yep. United funding will equalize schools instead of basing it on local property tax like it is here.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GirlUSoCrazy

I've noticed too that when it comes to racism people get very precious and defensive when the topic is brought up, and afraid of being labeled like it is an indictment by society or scarlett letter to be worn.

People think the idea of racism means they're being consciously malicious and motivated by hatred and everyone should feel horrible because they're horrible people.

There's such a thing as prejudice, judging a book by its cover, and it's a lesson we teach kids in cartoons and books and educational shows examine and demonstrate. It can be a subconscious unintentional thing that we don't do just because we're malicious, but because we have certain subconscious attachments to ideas and associations.

Saying that any of these are intentional hatred makes as much sense as every micro aggression being a conscious malicious thing that everyone is intentionally doing, and purely motivated by hatred, something many people exhibit every day.

It's sometimes something we might not even be aware of, but has been reinforced by our experiences. In truth we've all had moments where we thought "I wish I knew that before" and "I didn't notice that before."

Some people are all up in arms that we take a look at these things, because they feel it means they're automatically horrible people motivated by hatred, but really that's just the idea being taken to a logical extreme.

It's possible to examine these things in objectively and the spirit of self reflection about things that we take for granted and do subconsciously. Everyone has these types of things and it doesn't make us horrible people, but that doesn't mean we should ignore enlightenment on the topic.

Certainly as we move forward there are tons of prejudices that we have examined, flaws we have agreed to move past, and new standards have been established for treating each other.

It's no different with racism and just because you're examining it doesn't mean you're going to condemn anyone or be condemned. It's an opportunity for enlightenment, and none of us can say we've reached the pinnacle and are perfect.

We study many different beliefs and ideas, even those we don't agree with. When we teach about communism, it doesn't mean we're advocating its adoption. It means we're examining what lessons we can learn from it. We don't become lesser people for seeking truth and enlightenment, so it doesn't make sense to damn certain ideas and treat them as forbidden from examination.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 appariti0n

@girlusocrazy:

I've noticed too that when it comes to racism people get very precious and defensive when the topic is brought up, and afraid of being labeled like it is an indictment by society or scarlett letter to be worn.

But it IS an indictment by society, but very virtue of the fact that racism does not in any way carry a neutral connotation. It's overwhelmingly negative in all aspects.

rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/Learn to pronouncenoun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized. "a program to combat racism"

Similar: racial discrimination racialism racial prejudice/bigotry xenophobia chauvinism bigotry bias intolerance anti-Semitism apartheid

2. the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another."theories of racism"

People think the idea of racism means they're being consciously malicious and motivated by hatred and everyone should feel horrible because they're horrible people.

Then why the focus on White people specifically? If nobody is supposed to feel horrible?

It's sometimes something we might not even be aware of, but has been reinforced by our experiences. In truth we've all had moments where we thought "I wish I knew that before" and "I didn't notice that before."

Well, any kids who were able to look past racial differences before, will be hyper focused on it moving forward, if this kind of stuff is taught in schools.

We study many different beliefs and ideas, even those we don't agree with. When we teach about communism, it doesn't mean we're advocating its adoption. It means we're examining what lessons we can learn from it. We don't become lesser people for seeking truth and enlightenment, so it doesn't make sense to damn certain ideas and treat them as forbidden from examination.

But they're not teaching "about" the ideas of Racism or White supremacy. They're teaching them as though they are an already proven fact.