South African politician says Australia is a ‘racist country’, farmers should ‘leave the keys’ when they go

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Piisexactly4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Piisexactly4
Member since 2017 • 65 Posts

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/south-african-politician-says-australia-is-a-racist-country-farmers-should-leave-the-keys-when-they-go/news-story/e98607c4fa66d30d9b2731aa30e2a956

IF WHITE farmers want to flee for a “racist country” like Australia they should leave the keys to their houses and tractors behind, the head of South Africa’s radical Marxist opposition party says.

But Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema, who recently declared his party was “cutting the throat of whiteness”, denied white farmers were being killed. “We don’t know violence, we know negotiations,” Malema told a packed Human Rights Day rally in Mpumalanga Stadium on Wednesday.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

@piisexactly4 said:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/south-african-politician-says-australia-is-a-racist-country-farmers-should-leave-the-keys-when-they-go/news-story/e98607c4fa66d30d9b2731aa30e2a956

IF WHITE farmers want to flee for a “racist country” like Australia they should leave the keys to their houses and tractors behind, the head of South Africa’s radical Marxist opposition party says.

But Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema, who recently declared his party was “cutting the throat of whiteness”, denied white farmers were being killed. “We don’t know violence, we know negotiations,” Malema told a packed Human Rights Day rally in Mpumalanga Stadium on Wednesday.

Racism is a meme in 2018.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Pot calling the kettle black.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Australia does have kangaroos, so its all good.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@piisexactly4 said:

Ok, and we should care why?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

I believe you meant pot calling the kettle a kettle of color.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Is this still a thing in the US? "People of color"? Don't think I ever talked to a black person where, should their color come into conversation, any term other than "black" was used.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gaming-Planet
@korvus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Is this still a thing in the US? "People of color"? Don't think I ever talked to a black person where, should their color come into conversation, any term other than "black" was used.

Yes.

It went from colored people, to just black, and now people of color.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Gaming-Planet: So much tip-toeing makes my head hurt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: I always assumed people of colour meant anyone who isn't white. Not all non-white people are black.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@joebones5000: Yea because its not like thats ever happened before.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story%3fid=23302610

Our federal goverment got sent home with their tail in between their legs by a bunch of ranchers.

If they bound together they could probably wreck that shithole.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

@Gaming-Planet said:
@korvus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Yes.

Yup, just don't say "colored person"...."person of color" is actually politically correct now, but "colored" is like 1950's-style racism still.

Don't know why either are OK.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yup, just don't say "colored person"...."person of color" is actually politically correct now, but "colored" is like 1950's-style racism still.

Why do they have make things so difficult these days?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrbojangles25

@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Why do they have make things so difficult these days?

No idea. It's just The Man trying to keep us down.

Loading Video...

Definitely not "all good".

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Okay, problem?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@korvus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Yes.

Hmm, think the correct term is African-American or African-European not "person of colour"

Same with Asian-american, etc...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Hmm, think the correct term is African-American or African-European not "person of colour"

Always found that strange as well. If you are born in Europe you're European, and if you were born in Africa you're African. If I moved to the US I wouldn't magically be European-American, not to mention a white person who moved from Africa to the US would never be called an African-American, even though that would be more correct than calling a black person born in the US African-American.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
@joebones5000 said:

@loganx77: what? The federal government choose not to kill the ranchers. It's amazing how dumb the shit you post is.

It's amazing how child-like your understanding of reality is. If the ranchers were unarmed they could have simply apprehended and displaced them from their property with little to no collateral damage and media attention. Since they were armed, displacing them would require engaging and disabling them by lethal means. This would draw attention to the issue and is simply not worth the optics when other options are available.

In this case, with guns they win. Without guns, they probably lose. I'm not sure what you're not understanding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@theone86 said:

Okay, problem?

I have a problem. Say 2 trains are 576 miles apart. They both leave their stations heading towards each other. Train A is travelling 47 mph, but makes stops every 25 minutes each of which take 5 minutes. Train B is travelling 37 mph but makes stops every 35 minutes lasting 10 minutes. In addition, train B continues to add cargo at each stop slowing it down by 3% each stop. What time do they meet up?

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
@korvus said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Always found that strange as well. If you are born in Europe you're European, and if you were born in Africa you're African. If I moved to the US I wouldn't magically be European-American, not to mention a white person who moved from Africa to the US would never be called an African-American, even though that would be more correct than calling a black person born in the US African-American.

It makes sense if you think about it. They certainly didn't do it to desegregate or unify multicultural populations. It's actually the exact opposite. They do it to create an exclusive ethnocultural identity and social class for the purpose of playing identity politics and using broad terminology and rhetoric to pander and appeal to a large demographic.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
@joebones5000 said:

@Johnny-n-Roger: lol. No. The feds didn't want to hurt those morons, nothing more.

You struggle at critical thinking. It wasn't that the feds didn't want to harm them, it's that the feds didn't want to shoot them. There's a huge difference.

If the civilians were not armed with guns, the police simply would have apprehended them with non-lethal means.

If the civilians are armed with guns the police have to shoot them.

Not shooting someone = no PR nightmare

Shooting someone = PR nightmare and not worth it

Do you follow, or are you just going to echo more ideologically biased nonsense?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:
@korvus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Yes.

Who says that?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gaming-Planet
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@korvus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Yes.

Who says that?

Millennials on college campuses.

Saying POC or people of color is politically correct. I just see it as the same regressive crap with a new coat of paint.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@joebones5000 said:

@Johnny-n-Roger: lol. Dude, that is the dumbest shit I've read all day. Ahahahaha. Holy about!

Except it isn't. You seem to be ignorant to instances where people don't get arrested because the police just don't feel like dealing with them. If having a shootout with a farmer is "too much to deal with" then they leave. You're just not working it out for whatever reason. Must be tough.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Johnny-n-Roger
@joebones5000 said:

@Johnny-n-Roger: yeah, the government was afraid of a small group of country bumpkins. They were just a bunch of idiots, no threat to anyone but themselves, which is why Obama just say back and laughed. You're a nut if you think the government was afraid of any one of them.

I said:

"You seem to be ignorant to instances where people don't get arrested because the police just don't feel like dealing with them. If having a shootout with a farmer is "too much to deal with" then they leave."

There's obviously something you're not processing if you believe that I even imply that the feds are afraid of them.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theone86

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@korvus said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

It makes sense if you think about it. They certainly didn't do it to desegregate or unify multicultural populations. It's actually the exact opposite. They do it to create an exclusive ethnocultural identity and social class for the purpose of playing identity politics and using broad terminology and rhetoric to pander and appeal to a large demographic.

Riiiiiiight, it's liberals who created identity politics, it certainly isn't the result of centuries of chattel slavery that were justified based on the assumption of inferiority of black individuals nor of the decades of race-based discrimination that followed.

No, the reason the term "African-American" came into usage was because black people were tired of being judged based on their skin color and wanted a label that reflected their unique cultural identity, i.e. being descended from people who were forcibly removed from Africa.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Johnny-n-Roger

@theone86 said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@korvus said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Riiiiiiight, it's liberals who created identity politics, it certainly isn't the result of centuries of chattel slavery that were justified based on the assumption of inferiority of black individuals nor of the decades of race-based discrimination that followed.

No, the reason the term "African-American" came into usage was because black people were tired of being judged based on their skin color and wanted a label that reflected their unique cultural identity, i.e. being descended from people who were forcibly removed from Africa.

Arguing with yourself. Jesse Jackson pushed for black Americans to identify as "African American" in the late 80s. The term precedes that, but wasn't widely used until the 80s. Jesse Jackson was a political activist, so it's not reaching to imply that there was political activism behind it.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By theone86

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@theone86 said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@korvus said:
@Jacanuk said:

Arguing with yourself. Jesse Jackson pushed for black Americans to identify as "African American" in the late 80s. The term precedes that, but wasn't widely used until the 80s. Jesse Jackson was a political activist, so it's not reaching to imply that there was political activism behind it.

The people who invented identity politics were the people who concluded that black people were inferior based on the color of their skin.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@loganx77: You really need to use some educated terms rather than childish name calling if you want anyone to take you seriously.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LoganX77

@LJS9502_basic: Take me seriously? Its like talking to toddlers on here. Not to mention hes a wortless troll.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 horgen  Moderator

@loganx77 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Take me seriously? Its like talking to toddlers on here. Not to mention hes a wortless troll.

Don't bother responding if you can't do so without resorting to personal attacks.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts
@horgen said:
@loganx77 said:

Don't bother responding if you can't do so without resorting to personal attacks.

Half the top posters on this forum can not go five replies without personal attacks. Troll is among the more commonly used.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LoganX77

@joebones5000: There is video evidence of it. It really can't be any more clear then that. The ranchers and the feds are face to face and then there are multiple men up on a hill about 200 yards away with millitary training. It would be like shooting fish and a barrel. Again video evidence is about as reliable a source there is and somehow you still deny it. This is typical of liberals though. Deny all facts put in front of you and just live off emotion.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LoganX77

@joebones5000: Yes im sure those Ex-marine snipers on the bridge were harmless. At the end of the day they lost and they lost because those people had guns. They not only turned tail and ran but first they surrendered to their demands and returned all their cattle. Lmao!!! The federal government completely owned by citizens with guns... I Love it! Now if only they would do the same in SA against a much weaker and less organized force.

It's amazing to me someone who hates the current President so much wants him to take your right to defend yourself away.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 horgen  Moderator

@kittennose said:
@horgen said:
@loganx77 said:

Half the top posters on this forum can not go five replies without personal attacks. Troll is among the more commonly used.

I don't have time to deal with most of it sadly. Soon though I will have to give a 3 day suspension again to everyone not censoring their swearing.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LoganX77

@joebones5000: Please explain how ex-millitary with weapons are no threat?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LoganX77

@horgen: Just curious but why would we need to censor swearing when the forum does it automatcally? Curse words show up as ******.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LoganX77

@joebones5000: What lesson? They were outnumbered and in a terrible position. Being a fed doesn't give you magical ass whooping powers. They usually win because they outnumber and outgun their adversaries and this was an example when they didn't have those advantages.