Songbird John McCain diagnosed with Brain Tumor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Can't say I feel pity for this man.

John McCain went to Hospital last week to remove a brain tumor above his left eye. Ironically, during the whole Health Care repeal fiasco.

The Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix said tests revealed “a primary brain tumor known as a glioblastoma.”

“The Senator and his family are reviewing further treatment options with his Mayo Clinic care team,” said the hospital in a statement. “Treatment options may include a combination of chemotherapy and radiation.”

War hero? I think not!

Source: WP

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

I'm no McCain fan but where did you get that propaganda from?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gaming-Planet
@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm no McCain fan but where did you get that propaganda from?

From a propaganda subforum that makes memes.

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

Mods please lock this.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Most of this is untrue, and is actual fake news.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jan/17/mccains-pow-record-attacked/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/jan/17/vietnam-veterans-against-john-mccain/no-evidence-mccain-was-a-traitor/

The only confirmed thing was 1 recording were he stated he blew up Vietnamese people, which he probably did do. And it was either that or have his dick cut off.

This is the kind of shit you read at Breitbart or Infowars.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

In the meantime:

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Very sad to hear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

No problem with the satire approach.

"[John] McCain is recovering 'amazingly well,' according to a statement from his office."

CNN: Sen. John McCain has brain cancer, aggressive tumor surgically removed

Now what I do have a problem with is all the click bait. These news articles induce fear. I would rather read a headline that McCain is in recovery.

I wish John McCain and everyone ill, especially cancer paitence, good health. Least we can do is keep them positive.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: John McCain is an American hero a man who has given untold amounts to this country, and this is the last thing that should happen to a man of his character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

@R3FURBISHED: cancer is the last thing that should happen to anyone regardless of character or popularity.

@perfect_blue: No, he is not a moron.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

In the meantime:

Go Obama.

Seriously, this forum isn't 4chan, can this thread be closed?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Cancer is a tragedy and a vile disease, and there is no recovery from what he has. It is literally incurable, unfortunately. I can't think of anyone I would wish it upon.

And to the crybabies who don't like the thread...ignore it instead of crying like babies. OMFG.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

That picture is seriously disrespectful, and I don't get what the point was for posting it. Regardless of what you may think of his politics, he has sacrificed more than probably anyone on this board during his service in Vietnam.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Honestly, even I don't like what you just did tc.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6947 Posts

TC is a conspiracy nutjob lacking in critical thinking skills that sits in his basement parroting nonsense he reads online and pretending that he has a clue... about anything.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Other nonsense from the T.S.

But i hope Mccain makes it , he is fighting another hard battle

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Gaming-Planet: John McCain is an American hero a man who has given untold amounts to this country, and this is the last thing that should happen to a man of his character.

Perhaps cancer is happening to him because he holds such good character?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

His character? The guy wanted to vote yes to take away the health insurance of millions. Those same millions of people are the ones paying for his treatment right now.

It is sad that McCain has got cancer but let's not pretend he's some kind of flawless saint.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#20 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

Wow! TC, this is low of you.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

@MirkoS77: @perfect_blue:

Really? This thread was just made in poor taste, but I mean how can you politicize a guy having cancer?

Like dude.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#22 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

@zaryia said:

Most of this is untrue, and is actual fake news.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jan/17/mccains-pow-record-attacked/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/jan/17/vietnam-veterans-against-john-mccain/no-evidence-mccain-was-a-traitor/

The only confirmed thing was 1 recording were he stated he blew up Vietnamese people, which he probably did do. And it was either that or have his dick cut off.

This is the kind of shit you read at Breitbart or Infowars.

Or worse, Sinclair media.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@luckylucious said:

Really? This thread was just made in poor taste, but I mean how can you politicize a guy having cancer?

Like dude.

Hm? He is a politician, everything he does is looked through a political lens.

Look at the posters here and elsewhere honouring him by bringing up his Vietnam experience. That is "politicizing" as well.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm no fan of Obama, but I totally agree with what he said about McCain. I'm an independent but McCain is one of the few Republicans I have the most respect for! I really do hope that Karma doesn't come back and bite you in the @$$ for this negative post that sounds like a top story on infowars!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@playmynutz: And I hope he learns how important medical treatment is..........

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R3FURBISHED

@perfect_blue said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

His character? The guy wanted to vote yes to take away the health insurance of millions. Those same millions of people are the ones paying for his treatment right now.

Describe the situation of Arizona health care under the ACA

You can put anyone's life under a microscope to find faults. John McCain is an American hero(look at his military record and years as a POW). John McCain is a man of immense character(look at his time as presidential candidate).

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@R3FURBISHED said:
@perfect_blue said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

You can put anyone's life under a microscope to find faults. John McCain is an American hero(look at his military record and years as a POW). John McCain is a man of immense character(look at his time as presidential candidate).

Woah...while I realize Congress is elected from their states....they are federal congress and NEED to look at the entire country as well. States have their own representatives and senators to deal with state matters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@R3FURBISHED said:

Sure, but how many people's life choices affect millions? McCain was flawed yes, and it's important to recognize those faults just as much as acknowledging his achievements. All heroes and historical figures were flawed in some way.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

I wish him well. That meme is BS, but even if it wasn't, if you serve your country and get taken prisoner, by all means do what you have to do to survive. I'm not going to sit on this comfy chair and criticize you for anything you say while you're being tortured.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I will never forget when that cavewoman chirped up at a townhall meeting about Obama being a secret Muslim sent to destroy the country, and he shut that ridiculousness down. Some people on the far right seemed to never forgive him for that. It's a sad day when the rhetoric becomes that divisive. I may not agree with the lion's share of his ideology, but he's an honest person with honest convictions. The right needs more like him.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R3FURBISHED

@LJS9502_basic said:

Woah...while I realize Congress is elected from their states....they are federal congress and NEED to look at the entire country as well. States have their own representatives and senators to deal with state matters.

Legislators should examine a topic from the perspective of how it will impact their constituents. This varies between the House and the Senate, with the House being on a more personal level (as they represent a county) while the Senate represents a much larger swath of their state's population.

Senators are elected by their state and therefore owe their allegiance to their state. They just work in tandem with the other 99 members to present a country-wide agenda.

In regards to the ACA, Arizona has not fared well under the law, even though AZ was one of the states that expanded Medicaid to some 400,000 Arizonians. It then should come as no real surprise that both Flake and McCain both wish to see a new healthcare approach in Arizona.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gaming-Planet
@LJS9502_basic said:
@R3FURBISHED said:
@perfect_blue said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

Those state representatives and senators are members of Congress.

Congress members mostly answer to their constituents to stay as incumbents. It's sort of decentralized in that sense, and also why they're always voted by their states.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@luckylucious said:

Like dude.

I'm a cancer survivor of 20 years, 15 of those being fought, and frankly I find the implication that some people are less deserving of cancer than others based on their character to be slightly insulting. That has nothing to do at all with politicizing anything.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

It is sad that McCain has got cancer but let's not pretend he's some kind of flawless saint.

I don't think anyone is claiming he's flawless. I'm personally not even a fan of who he started to become in later years (as his party slid ideologically, he followed suit albeit not as far).

That being said, during times like this it's customary to highlight their strengths rather than their weaknesses out of compassion (not kicking a man when he's down due to something out of his control and whatnot), and McCain has some genuine strengths to highlight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@mattbbpl: fair enough, I see your point. You're right.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

If you haven't first served, second been a POW the assessment of a person who has is bitch shit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

In the meantime:

oh thank Christ. For a while there, I forgot what a class act looked like.

Nice to know they still exist.

As for McCain, outside of a few exceptions, the Republicans and Conservatives would really benefit from more people like him. He is a true example of what they should be. I Don't like them, not really advocating for more of them, but if it's McCain or what the party has become now, I think more McCains would be better than the RINOs that make up Trump's cabinet

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

oh thank Christ. For a while there, I forgot what a class act looked like.

Nice to know they still exist.

As for McCain, outside of a few exceptions, the Republicans and Conservatives would really benefit from more people like him. He is a true example of what they should be. I Don't like them, not really advocating for more of them, but if it's McCain or what the party has become now, I think more McCains would be better than the RINOs that make up Trump's cabinet

They had more people like him, hes a traditional war mongering corporatist republican. This was the "type" that lead to the tea party break away (that was some how more corrupted than the republicans, but idiots couldnt see that) and is at least partially responsible for the nation and republican party being in the position its in. So, no, we don't need more people who only vote in favor of corporate power and demand bombings at every single potential conflict. We need less of them, in fact it would be nice if we held these people criminally responsible.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@Gaming-Planet said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Congress members mostly answer to their constituents to stay as incumbents. It's sort of decentralized in that sense, and also why they're always voted by their states.

I think you confused my comment. States have both federal and state congresses.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23883 Posts

I strongly dislike this thread.

Anyways, I wish him all the well. We disagree on a lot. But cancer fucking sucks.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Wouldn't be a Gaming-Planet thread with out some conspiracy nonsense thrown in.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gaming-Planet
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I think you confused my comment. States have both federal and state congresses.

You're right. My bad.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#43 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49566 Posts

You're going to celebrate and then pander to someone having cancer. What the hell is wrong with you?