Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

What do you think is the reasoning behind his decision making? Is it:

1) He honestly believes that he is making choices that are in the best interest of the country.

2) He has no clue how to govern and is randomly and recklessly making decisions, but with no specific agenda.

3) He is actively trying to ruin this country's economy and security, potentially to aid a third party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@perfect_blue said:

I used to think that, but now I'm reluctantly starting to head to 3.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23058 Posts

He had a breakdown over a Mexican caravan he saw on Fox News that morning. He's being led by his party's clowns on the airwaves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@mattbbpl said:

He had a breakdown over a Mexican caravan he saw on Fox News that morning. He's being led by his party's clowns on the airwaves.

Funny thing is, even republicans are condemning him - which coming from them is pretty amazing.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

@sonicare said:

1) He honestly believes that he is making choices that are in the best interest of the country.

2) He has no clue how to govern and is randomly and recklessly making decisions, but with no specific agenda.

3) He is actively trying to ruin this country's economy and security, potentially to aid a third party.

4) He basis his policies on his personal feelings (remember he also did something like this for his personal worth)

I have seen other people who do the exact same thing, and their actions are incomprehensible to anyone else. I had the misfortune of knowing a few people like this... and quite frankly, Trump's behaviour reminds me so much of them... and vice versa.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

5) He’s Mr. DUMBASS President Donnie Trump, so what were you expecting ?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

1 and 2. He doesn't know what he's doing, obviously. He ran as the least conservative republican candidate I've seen, but the little amount of policy that's come forth has been some of the most conservative policy in my lifetime. So he has no agenda beyond winning. At the same time, I have no reason to believe he's being malicious towards the country.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

4. He's a troll. He always was, had no clue he was going to win, but actually knew how to win. Once he gets to power, he's seeing how far he can push peoples buttons because he's the ultimate troll.

In truth though, he's genuine about at least 50% of what he does. I guess he's actively trolling the whole system.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17694 Posts

I tend to believe that Trump's not quite operating with a full deck. I can't prove it obviously, but suspect something mentally deficient (such as early onset dementia) is a possibility. Mostly this opinion comes from observing him when he was younger as opposed to now.....it's a stark difference. Other than that, Trump appears to revel in and be an agent of chaos. He seems to enjoy keeping people off kilter and guessing, and he's also driven largely by emotion and narcissism. Not just driven, he allows himself to be manipulated by it as he's weak by how important it is to him how everyone perceives him, so much so that he predicates decisions on it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I honestly think he doesn't know what he is doing.

All you need is some dude to give some sounding advice to change his position on something if it strokes his ego.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@sonicare said:
@mattbbpl said:

Funny thing is, even republicans are condemning him - which coming from them is pretty amazing.

I have always been a Republican and I didn't vote for Trump, nor did I particularly care about Trump. This was the worst elections in the history of the United States, but Hillary was by far the worst candidate even though I didn't vote for either of them them. There are some good things that Trump has done for us conservatives since he has past some of the most conservative legislation in decades. I think from this point, he has actually led a pretty good presidency, but it is also very clear that he knows nothing about trade and nothing about the economy.

So, us Republics have always condemned him because well he is Trump, but he has done some good things. The left hates him, they don't care about his policies and they will hate him regardless. If the right media treated Obama how the left media has treated Trump there would be a total outrage. And no, right wing media didn't even remotely treat Obama like how Trump has been treated. Remember the rodeo clown that was fired for making fun Obama?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38693 Posts

closest to 2.

he has no real idea of what he is doing nor does it seem that he has any desire to learn now

the man is 70. being a narcissistic "my way only" tv clown has worked for him for a long time and i don't think he has any desire to change now.

he also surrounds himself with terrible people, despite his talk about "the best people" it seems a prerequisite for working for him is simply the ability to take his crap and kiss his ass.

he's obsessed w/ his image in the media, to the point of distraction from the business of running the country.

i don't think any of this stems from malice towards the country and i'd bet in his crazy heart he does want the US to be better, he just has no fucking clue on how to get us there or even what "better" looks like in the 21st century.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

2 and 3.

left to his own devices he hasnt a remote clue and is random.

getting calls from Russia on the other hand, things like emptying out the white house and starting a random trade war is likely orders he has gotten.

I should point out, many of us left wing radical nut jobs who predicted that no WMDs would be found in Iraq and who have predicted all these massive weather changes, saw number 2 in him long before he got elected

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127528 Posts

He merely took The Apprentice to the next level.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

I choose secret option #4.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I sincerely think that Trump doesn't wan to be president, and that he was surprised to actually win. He had no plan to govern and it shows on a day to day basis. The amount of incompetence and laughably bad decisions he's made in a mere year and a half are tantamount to #2 above.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@sonicare:

I thought I was the only one seeing this pattern. Screwing up once in a while is one thing but it seriously looks like he's messing up his plans on purpose. Even his reasoning is starting to make zero sense. Like him saying "No more DACA deal because of the caravan." They have zero relations with each other. Obviously it was the lack of funding for the wall that led to that. Now he wants to send the national guard to the border and keep them there until we get a wall. That's a total waste of resources.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MirkoS77

@mighty-lu-bu said:

If the right media treated Obama how the left media has treated Trump there would be a total outrage. And no, right wing media didn't even remotely treat Obama like how Trump has been treated. Remember the rodeo clown that was fired for making fun Obama?

Perhaps the reason Trump is treated like such a shithead is because he acts like one? Agree or disagree with Obama's policies, he had class and was respectful to others. He didn't act like a spoiled infant that spewed his vindictive and juvenile vitriol at everyone. If you're going to try to imply a double standard in treatment of two people, then the standards they abide by must be equal, or at least similar. They're not. Trump is treated with disrespect and contempt precisely because of his conduct, and that's all he's deserving of.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

If the right media treated Obama how the left media has treated Trump there would be a total outrage. And no, right wing media didn't even remotely treat Obama like how Trump has been treated. Remember the rodeo clown that was fired for making fun Obama?

Perhaps the reason Trump is treated like such a shithead is because he acts like one? Agree or disagree with Obama's policies, he had class and was respectful to others. He didn't act like a spoiled infant that spewed his vindictive and juvenile vitriol at everyone. If you're going to try to imply a double standard in treatment of two people, then the standards they abide by must be equal, or at least similar. They're not. Trump is treated with disrespect and contempt precisely because of his conduct, and that's all he's deserving of.

Uh, but there is a double standard. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me- when did we learn that saying? When we were 4 years old. Trump offends people, but I am still waiting for the evidence of Trump being racist and sexist just like I am still waiting for the evidence that Mike Pence hates gays.

Trump, unlike a lot of recent presidents, is actually standing up to people and I applaud him on that front. I don't agree however agree with everything he says.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MirkoS77

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Uh, but there is a double standard. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me- when did we learn that saying? When we were 4 years old. Trump offends people, but I am still waiting for the evidence of Trump being racist and sexist just like I am still waiting for the evidence that Mike Pence hates gays.

Trump, unlike a lot of recent presidents, is actually standing up to people and I applaud him on that front. I don't agree however agree with everything he says.

Children look up to adults as how to act, and lovely that Trump sees fit to set the most disgusting example possible for all our youngsters to see condoned. I've no problem with people standing up to others, as long as it's in a proper and respectful manner, especially for someone in such a position which is supposed to exemplify it. He literally, literally conducts himself like someone would in grade school or Jr. High at times. This guy is 71 years old. It's remarkable (not to mention an excruciating embarrassment), but not nearly so much as his base and those who excuse it.

As for racism and sexism, it appears that Trump supporters are incapable of reading between the lines and seeing greater context. Hiding behind the absence of an explicit declaration of bigotry does not mean it doesn't exist. Trump is stupid, but not that stupid. Subtext, insinuation, implication, nuance, and subtlety gives the accusation some merit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58518 Posts

@sonicare said:

2, but with conditions: his agenda is apolitical. He is using the presidency to advance his own interests, the interests of others, and ruin opponents.

Trump is in it for himself and his friends, not the country.

Basically what this cover implies: he is not stupid, or incompetent, or anything like that. He is just in it for himself and is smart enough to do things morally reprehensible and nonsensical, but not illegal.

We have no one but ourselves to blame. When he is out of office, he will run his mouth about how great the presidency was for him.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@sonicare said:
@mattbbpl said:

I have always been a Republican and I didn't vote for Trump, nor did I particularly care about Trump. This was the worst elections in the history of the United States, but Hillary was by far the worst candidate even though I didn't vote for either of them them. There are some good things that Trump has done for us conservatives since he has past some of the most conservative legislation in decades. I think from this point, he has actually led a pretty good presidency, but it is also very clear that he knows nothing about trade and nothing about the economy.

So, us Republics have always condemned him because well he is Trump, but he has done some good things. The left hates him, they don't care about his policies and they will hate him regardless. If the right media treated Obama how the left media has treated Trump there would be a total outrage. And no, right wing media didn't even remotely treat Obama like how Trump has been treated. Remember the rodeo clown that was fired for making fun Obama?

Oh for F#$#*( sake not this again. Bush wasn't destoryed by the media like Trump has, nor any president before him. Trump had it coming. He's a joke, his supporters are more of a joke and this whole circus is a joke. The media are only trying to report on this joke.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

One and two. While he does believe that what he does is in the best interests of the country, he has no agenda and in fact seems to disdain people with an agenda (which, though it might seem to be a good thing to some, is a pretty horrific state of affairs for the president to have no agenda). Though I do think we would cobble together and agenda out of his statements and actions, I think it's less one of his own making and more one that came to be from years of him watching cable news and paying attentions to pundits. In other words, I think his viewpoints are more the result of other people's agendas rather than something he consciously arrived at.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Seems like he makes choices out of spite or some petty grudge....or because fox and friends tells him to

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178877 Posts

Number 2 is the closest. He honestly has no idea how to run the country and I suspect his companies as well but he wanted to play president because he thought it was cool.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@sonicare said:
@mattbbpl said:

The right treated Obama worse.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178877 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@sonicare said:

Some of his conservative policies are actually going to hurt his conservative base. I'm unsure what you think he did that helped them. Keep in mind I'm talking about the entire base and not the top 1%.

He has not to this point led a good presidency. He barely passed anything, he's turning even our allies against us, there are protests everywhere since he's been president and that is NOT common. He doesn't take advice, he doesn't have any education on government issues, his administration is in turmoil with constant turn-over. He can't keep one consistent thought about anything but changes on whims. Uses his position to bully anyone that disagrees with him. His administration is living under a cloud of corruption that appears well deserved at this point. It's astounding that anyone thinks he's a president in anything but name.

The left doesn't find him qualified for the job. Why do conservatives try to make this personal when it's about performance? I suppose because no matter what he does they want to cheer since he has an R next to his name. That's sad, It's not patriotic nor American. It's partisan.

As for Obama you have to be kidding me? They spent years slamming the man over his birth.