deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Shewgenja: There is also huge money to combat it. Millions of tax dollars have gone to companies that are no longer around or that actually never produced a product. Solyndra comes to mind. They scammed the Obama administration out of over $500 million. And they aren’t the only ones to use the fear of global warming for financial gain. It’s sketchy all around.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@Shewgenja: There is also huge money to combat it. Millions of tax dollars have gone to companies that are no longer around or that actually never produced a product. Solyndra comes to mind. They scammed the Obama administration out of over $500 million. And they aren’t the only ones to use the fear of global warming for financial gain. It’s sketchy all around.

You're surprised that when the ship starts sinking, the price of life vests goes up x20?

Golden, Capitalism. Capitalism, Golden.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@br0kenrabbit: But I would expect a life vest in return and that there would be a reason to use it.

I’m not calling man made climate change a hoax, I’m just pointing out that there are those ready to benefit from your fears with less than noble intentions.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23893 Posts

@musicalmac said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@musicalmac said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@musicalmac said:

How is the article scientific?

I'm failing to see how that is relevant to what I asked. But to answer your question, they link straight to the research studies conducted by the author mentioned (Drexel University).

So, what do you disagree with in the article?

It's political. That's why it's disappointing.

How so? Do you disagree that climate change denial is funded? Or do you disagree with the studies conclusion as to the donors they identified?

How are articles about the flow of money on a clearly politicized issue scientific? It's just not compelling. I don't look to the Smithsonian for politics. We've abandoned wonder for partisanship. It's so pitiful.

Climate Change is as politicized as Darwinian Evolution or GMOs.

Just because some idiots refuse to accept it, doesnt mean it is political.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@goldenelementxl said:

@br0kenrabbit: But I would expect a life vest in return and that there would be a reason to use it.

I’m not calling man made climate change a hoax, I’m just pointing out that there are those ready to benefit from your fears with less than noble intentions.

I get that. And I'm saying...you think that's limited to Climate Change?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@br0kenrabbit: Oh hell naw. It just seems like most people in this thread are on one side or the other. There’s more nuance in the real world than that, and anyone with a hardline stance is probably being taken advantage of.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 br0kenrabbit

@goldenelementxl said:

@br0kenrabbit: Oh hell naw. It just seems like most people in this thread are on one side or the other. There’s more nuance in the real world than that, and anyone with a hardline stance is probably being taken advantage of.

There are a lot of people willing to change their stance for a buck. Nuanced? If you want to use nice words, I guess.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

The US government has spent 8 times that on getting everyone fiber internet, but I think it mostly ended up in some rich guys pockets.

Oh wait, not 8 times, but 800.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@horgen: Well that was over a 22 year period, but I get your point. Just more evidence that we shouldn’t trust that the federal government will do what’s best with our tax dollars. Anytime we hand the government the keys to anything, they run it into the ground.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@horgen: Well that was over a 22 year period, but I get your point. Just more evidence that we shouldn’t trust that the federal government will do what’s best with our tax dollars. Anytime we hand the government the keys to anything, they run it into the ground.

That's rather being mislead by private companies. Of course it quite possible the requirements to get the money were shit to begin with.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@musicalmac said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@musicalmac said:

You shouldn't make assumptions. I want science, not politics. It's that simple.

*Asks for critique of scientific literature linked in article supporting findings*

'I want science, no politics'

*Points out that article links scientific literature a second time'

'I told you I want science'

Who's the hack partisan now?

The editors at Smithsonian, sadly.

So, instead of responding to the research paper included you default to calling it partisan. Impeccable.