Should politicians who tests positiv for SARS-CoV-2 quarantine?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

As the title says, I want this focused on politicians, not your average Joe. Should they self quarantine if they test positive? While this is highly private matter, should they inform other politicians they have been in contact with that they have tested positive?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

Uh....yes?

How is this a question?

Also:

1. A politician being sick is not a private matter.

2. A politician probably has a ton of staff that they could infect.

3. Even when not sick, a politician is one of the few jobs where they can work from home.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Of course they should. Doesn’t the average joe have to self-quarantine as well, if they test positive? I also think politicians should disclose if they test positive, or at least their staff should know.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

What?

That is another level of fucked up. Take your life-and-death, team-mentality politics and **** off somewhere else.

Garbage system pitting us against each other is bad enough.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Any type of forced 'diagnosis' which is public typically violates patient confidentiality laws. Don't get me wrong, I think these guys are total assholes. But we saw this same stuff with people proposing registered HIV programs in the 80s/90s.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

A decent person should tell anyone they might have infected...but this republicans so good luck on finding a decent one.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

But we saw this same stuff with people proposing registered HIV programs in the 80s/90s.

This is a bad take. You don't get HIV by breathing the same air as someone else.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Willy105 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

But we saw this same stuff with people proposing registered HIV programs in the 80s/90s.

This is a bad take. You don't get HIV by breathing the same air as someone else.

I understand that the transmission vectors are inherently different. I also believe that they have the civic and moral duty of confirming they are infecting and quarantining. What I'm hesitant to say is that people should be legally forced to do so (more so from a criminal standpoint).

Like I said, I'm hesitant is all. This situation is different than past ones but I still think it's best to think of the implications of these things.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Shocked this question needs to be asked....but then I am shocked that I am shocked by that, because really, look where we are.

Anyway, yes, of course a politician should be quarantined. They're people like the rest of us, subject to the same laws and rules.

If anything, they should be taking it seriously to set a positive example for the rest of us. The fact these twerps are travelling around, shaking hands, working with staff and THE REST OF THE GOD DAMN US GOVERNMENT WHILE SICK is...sickening. What if the entirety of Congress, Senate, or both get's sick? A lot of those people are old as hell, too, they'd be dead if they got sick.

And while I often speak about how we need to "clean house" in reference to congress and senate, at the same time I'd rather they either retire gracefully or resign disgracefully.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Shocked this question needs to be asked....but then I am shocked that I am shocked by that, because really, look where we are.

Anyway, yes, of course a politician should be quarantined. They're people like the rest of us, subject to the same laws and rules.

If anything, they should be taking it seriously to set a positive example for the rest of us. The fact these twerps are travelling around, shaking hands, working with staff and THE REST OF THE GOD DAMN US GOVERNMENT WHILE SICK is...sickening. What if the entirety of Congress, Senate, or both get's sick? A lot of those people are old as hell, too, they'd be dead if they got sick.

And while I often speak about how we need to "clean house" in reference to congress and senate, at the same time I'd rather they either retire gracefully or resign disgracefully.

That could arguably be the reason why members of the opposing parti was not informed.