TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/kavanaugh-feinstein-letter-fbi/index.html

Washington (CNN)Senate Democrats have referred information concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the FBI, they said Thursday, and called for the Judiciary Committee to delay a vote.

"I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, said in a statement. "That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision," she said."I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities," she added.Committee vote delayed for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to next weekIllinois Sen. Dick Durbin said the referral went to the FBI but also did not say what the information contained."No idea what they are going to find," Durbin told CNN. "I think the FBI is the appropriate agency and that's where it was referred."Durbin also said he does not believe the committee should vote on Kavanaugh "until all the information is before the committee."

So...should a nominee who is literally currently under FBI investigation be confirmed or should we all wait.

and this is never minding all the other problems such a gambling, lying under oath, not being clear on key questions, and of course being in conflict to the peoples intrest when it comes to a current investigation involving the president.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

We elected a corrupt man president, what's one more in a lower position?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TryIt

@mattbbpl said:

I had a feeling someone was going to pull a rabbit out of the hat at the last second to delay the vote and it looks like this might be that rabbit.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbbpl

@tryit: Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but at the moment I'd wager he's confirmed anyway.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@tryit: Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but at the moment I'd wager he's confirmed anyway.

Yeah it's not like the Republicans are going to grow a pair anytime soon..........

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/kavanaugh-feinstein-letter-fbi/index.html

Washington (CNN)Senate Democrats have referred information concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the FBI, they said Thursday, and called for the Judiciary Committee to delay a vote.

"I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, said in a statement. "That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision," she said."I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities," she added.Committee vote delayed for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to next weekIllinois Sen. Dick Durbin said the referral went to the FBI but also did not say what the information contained."No idea what they are going to find," Durbin told CNN. "I think the FBI is the appropriate agency and that's where it was referred."Durbin also said he does not believe the committee should vote on Kavanaugh "until all the information is before the committee."

So...should a nominee who is literally currently under FBI investigation be confirmed or should we all wait.

and this is never minding all the other problems such a gambling, lying under oath, not being clear on key questions, and of course being in conflict to the peoples intrest when it comes to a current investigation involving the president.

Being investigated doesn't = being guilty so your whole foundation is flawed.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

so the answer to my question is yes we should wait to see where the investigation goes?

please re-read what I said to understand why I said what I just said.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

so the answer to my question is yes we should wait to see where the investigation goes?

Don't really care about your circular argumentation.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

Don't really care about your circular argumentation.

I never said he was guilty.

I asked, WHILE HE IS BEING INVESTIGATED dont you think we should wait.

you seem to agree

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@tryit said:

When all else fails make up an allegation from uname4d sources with no evidence to support claims. That is all the left can do they have no idea how to improve the country just destroy it. This is the main reason for the second amendment to protects us from this type of government.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt

@JimB said:
@tryit said:

When all else fails make up an allegation from uname4d sources with no evidence to support claims. That is all the left can do they have no idea how to improve the country just destroy it. This is the main reason for the second amendment to protects us from this type of government.

so is that a yes or no to my question?

I assume that is a yes, while an FBI investigation is going on maybe this canidate given all the other circumstances should not be voted on until we get feedback from the FBI.

why is that such a risk? if he is innocent then fine, we can continue with the vote. but WHILE a person is being investigated by the FBI it doesnt seem appropriate given all the other factors in play

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Please provide credible proof that Kavanaugh is corrupt. Also Lower? according to Democrats and here I take that is your side, the supreme court is the absolute lawmakers in this nation and their power is far above anyone else even the president and the Congress.

And no the Democrats stalling tactic is not credible, it´s all about trying everything under the sun to prevent Kavanaugh from be confirmed next week.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk

@tryit: Democrats are stalling nothing else.

Kavanaugh is not corrupt neither has he done anything illegal.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:

nobody is saying he has done anything illegal.

what part of 'under investigation' do you and N64DD not understand?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

Which part of stalling do you not understand?

The Democrats have sent something to the FBI because they are hoping it will stall the nomination.

It´s comical how insane these Democrats are.

Also, remember Anita Hill? funny how that issue got swept under the table back then.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

The Democrats have sent something to the FBI because they are hoping it will stall the nomination.

Also, remember Anita Hill? funny how that issue got swept under the table back then.

both you and N64DD seem to think 'under investigation' means 'they think he is guilty of a crime'

I wish both of you would massively un-**** that.

when a person says 'under investigation' it does NOT mean they are saying 'we believe him to be guilty of a crime'

jesus f christ! please make it stop

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk

@tryit said:

both you and N64DD seem to think 'under investigation' means 'they think he is guilty of a crime'

I wish both of you would massively un-**** that.

when a person says 'under investigation' it does NOT mean they are saying 'we believe him to be guilty of a crime'

jesus f christ! please make it stop

Never said anything about him being guilty again why do you keep assuming things?

All I am saying is that the Democrats are using this as a stalling tactic, they know like everyone else that Kavanaugh is highly competent and any other time, he would have been past the process and on the bench right now.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:

you said he has done nothing illegal.

nobody is suggesting that he has done anything illegal because 'under investigation' means just that. 'under investigation' is not a conviction

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Didn't Republicans stall it so Obama didn't get to nominate for the Supreme Court? Why on earth would they be crying about stalling now?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

The FBI declined to investigate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35848/breaking-fbi-isnt-investigating-brett-kavanaugh-ashe-schow

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

I do remember Anita Hill. There was an allegation, they delayed the vote a few weeks while investigating the matter, found no solid evidence of a crime, then went forward with the vote. Seems like a reasonable thing to do. These are lifetime appointments to a very powerful position after all.

Anyway, we just recently delayed a Supreme Court seat nomination for over a year, I think we can wait a few weeks while the FBI looks into Kavanaugh. These are lifetime appointments to a very powerful position after all.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TryIt

@vl4d_l3nin said:

The FBI declined to investigate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35848/breaking-fbi-isnt-investigating-brett-kavanaugh-ashe-schow

see...wasnt that not hard?

I am going to wait until more outlets pick the story up, but generally speaking I think its reasonable to pause when something like that is happening, now its not so now we can focus on other aspects.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jacanuk

@judaspete said:

I do remember Anita Hill. There was an allegation, they delayed the vote a few weeks while investigating the matter, found no solid evidence of a crime, then went forward with the vote. Seems like a reasonable thing to do. These are lifetime appointments to a very powerful position after all.

Anyway, we just recently delayed a Supreme Court seat nomination for over a year, I think we can wait a few weeks while the FBI looks into Kavanaugh. These are lifetime appointments to a very powerful position after all.

Well, the point was not that the nomination was delayed, but more the kind of allegation and the hypocrisy shown by the Democrats. Since if Kavanaugh today had a similar allegation that it would end the same way?

There is a massive difference in a nomination being delayed because the president is on his way out and there are two new candidates running. And a nomination being delayed because of vengeance. This is all about payback nothing else.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jacanuk

@horgen said:

Didn't Republicans stall it so Obama didn't get to nominate for the Supreme Court? Why on earth would they be crying about stalling now?

IT´s not really the same thing.

Congress is not the president neither do they nominate candidates. Obama was on the way out and all the Republicans said was wait until after the election, considering 99% of the polls and opinions was that Clinton would win, that idea could backfire if it was only because they wanted to prevent Obama from nominating someone.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Congress is not the president neither do they nominate candidates. Obama was on the way out and all the Republicans said was wait until after the election, considering 99% of the polls and opinions was that Clinton would win, that idea could backfire if it was only because they wanted to prevent Obama from nominating someone.

Stalling is stalling? Am I missing something here?

Oh wait since you brought it up. It was a dick move by the Republicans to stall Obama's nomination, he had more than a year left, had it been less than a year, it would have been different. This time, we are talking about a few weeks at most probably. And the guy is already nominated. Just postponing the vote for confirmation.

By the sound of it, you don't mind having a criminal in a position as supreme lawmaker... :P

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Stalling is stalling? Am I missing something here?

Oh wait since you brought it up. It was a dick move by the Republicans to stall Obama's nomination, he had more than a year left, had it been less than a year, it would have been different. This time, we are talking about a few weeks at most probably. And the guy is already nominated. Just postponing the vote for confirmation.

By the sound of it, you don't mind having a criminal in a position as supreme lawmaker... :P

A criminal? who is a criminal

Also, it was not a whole year, but yes I do not have a problem with an outgoing president not being allowed to fill an empty seat on the most powerful bench in the nation, no matter who the president is.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@judaspete said:

Well, the point was not that the nomination was delayed, but more the kind of allegation and the hypocrisy shown by the Democrats. Since if Kavanaugh today had a similar allegation that it would end the same way?

There is a massive difference in a nomination being delayed because the president is on his way out and there are two new candidates running. And a nomination being delayed because of vengeance. This is all about payback nothing else.

We don't know what was given to the FBI. You may be absolutely right and it's just some nonsense made up by Diane Feinstein for vengeance, or maybe not. You and I don't know, we can only speculate. But like I said, leaving a Supreme Court seat open for over a year is now established precedent, so leaving one open a few weeks while the FBI does their check is reasonable. There may be a massive difference in the situation surrounding the Gorsuch seat and the Kavanaugh seat, but there is also a massive difference between a year, and a few weeks.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

Also, it was not a whole year, but yes I do not have a problem with an outgoing president not being allowed to fill an empty seat on the most powerful bench in the nation, no matter who the president is.

A criminal was more poking fun at it. I really doubt he has done anything, and he would innocent all the way until the investigation is over (which won't be happening anyway going by another post here) and the court has made its judgement on the case. However if you really think this shouldn't be delayed because this is something the Democrats put in motion, you got a partisan problem. And don't really mind a criminal in an important position as long as he is on the side you support.

The reasoning behind the delay for Obama is rather meh. It's not been used consistently.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TryIt

@judaspete said:
@Jacanuk said:
@judaspete said:

We don't know what was given to the FBI. You may be absolutely right and it's just some nonsense made up by Diane Feinstein for vengeance, or maybe not. You and I don't know, we can only speculate. But like I said, leaving a Supreme Court seat open for over a year is now established precedent, so leaving one open a few weeks while the FBI does their check is reasonable. There may be a massive difference in the situation surrounding the Gorsuch seat and the Kavanaugh seat, but there is also a massive difference between a year, and a few weeks.

there is also a legal question of multiple instances of Perjury

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

A criminal was more poking fun at it. I really doubt he has done anything, and he would innocent all the way until the investigation is over (which won't be happening anyway going by another post here) and the court has made its judgement on the case. However if you really think this shouldn't be delayed because this is something the Democrats put in motion, you got a partisan problem. And don't really mind a criminal in an important position as long as he is on the side you support.

The reasoning behind the delay for Obama is rather meh. It's not been used consistently.

Well, we can agree that if the Republicans suddenly have a different idea next time an outgoing president is in a similar position then it´s "meh"

But it should be a law that they cannot nominate anyone in the election year.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:

I assume that is a yes, while an FBI investigation is going on maybe this canidate given all the other circumstances should not be voted on until we get feedback from the FBI.

why is that such a risk? if he is innocent then fine, we can continue with the vote. but WHILE a person is being investigated by the FBI it doesnt seem appropriate given all the other factors in play

I would like to remind you of some interesting facts the left does not want mentioned. As for investigating after the past three years the actions of the FBI must be called into question. As far a Kavavaugh there is nothing to investigate.

www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/09/dianne_feinstein_prepares_a_deathblow_for_kavanaugh.html

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TryIt

@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:

I would like to remind you of some interesting facts the left does not want mentioned. As for investigating after the past three years the actions of the FBI must be called into question. As far a Kavavaugh there is nothing to investigate.

www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/09/dianne_feinstein_prepares_a_deathblow_for_kavanaugh.html

so that is a yes or a no to my question?

'american thinker'..lol

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Why did you hide from my "U.S imposes sanctions on North Korea" thread?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk

@blackballs said:
@Jacanuk said:

Why did you hide from my "U.S imposes sanctions on North Korea" thread?

Eh? this topic is relevant to that thread in what way?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Well, we can agree that if the Republicans suddenly have a different idea next time an outgoing president is in a similar position then it´s "meh"

But it should be a law that they cannot nominate anyone in the election year.

I don't mind it being a law. However today there is no such standard practice behind the reasoning the Republicans gave.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Unknown crimes commited,

Verified by anonymous people we cant reveal

It's a doozy, we gota look into this lol dems are desperate

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
@jeezers said:

Unknown crimes commited,

Verified by anonymous people we cant reveal

It's a doozy, we gota look into this lol dems are desperate

Perjury.........

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk

@horgen said:

I don't mind it being a law. However today there is no such standard practice behind the reasoning the Republicans gave.

Republicans do not need standard practice to suggest and do something that makes sense.

Of course Obama should not in his last year of his last term appoint someone to the highest court in the land, that should of course be done by his successor

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Republicans do not need standard practice to suggest and do something that makes sense.

Of course Obama should not in his last year of his last term appoint someone to the highest court in the land, that should of course be done by his successor

Please, spare us your rationalizations. They did so because they had the power to do so and it benefited them. That's it.

Those are the ground rules in the new political reality. Democrats need to get on board or they'll get left behind.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Please, spare us your rationalizations. They did so because they had the power to do so and it benefited them. That's it.

Those are the ground rules in the new political reality. Democrats need to get on board or they'll get left behind.

Please do not be reasonable. This board would not exist if people were. :P

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattbbpl

@horgen: Haha, don't worry, I'll be back to my unreasonable self in no time, I'm sure.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Who cares what the Republicans did, if the result is good, why should anyone care about the way to the result?

It´s also funny that you seem to forget that if Obama had actually got his pick on, the bench would have been 5-4 in favour of democratic ideas and would have skewed the bench (disregarding that Kennedy retired) Something you and your side is arguing is a massive problem, Ever heard of hypocrisy?

And new political reality? there is no "new political reality" what the Republicans did was no more "new" than the Democrats and what they have done in the past. American politics have always been them and us.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jacanuk

@horgen said:

Please do not be reasonable. This board would not exist if people were. :P

Nice touch of the "buddy system" there.

And despite your political affiliation to the radical left, Matt was not being reasonable when the result was the only reasonable thing.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Is this the "info" where "someone" from high school said he was naughty?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Who cares what the Republicans did, if the result is good, why should anyone care about the way to the result?

It´s also funny that you seem to forget that if Obama had actually got his pick on, the bench would have been 5-4 in favour of democratic ideas and would have skewed the bench (disregarding that Kennedy retired) Something you and your side is arguing is a massive problem, Ever heard of hypocrisy?

And new political reality? there is no "new political reality" what the Republicans did was no more "new" than the Democrats and what they have done in the past. American politics have always been them and us.

Wow what a hypocrite. You only want ONE side to have all the power.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

Thank you, you're now being honest here.

And yes, politics has changed in that regard. It's been a somewhat slow crawl starting with Gingrich's leadership in the 90s and culminating with the willing-to-damage-the-country's-economy-to-score-political-points Republicans of 2008+. What we're seeing now is just the continuation of that win at all costs mentality.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic said:

You've gotta get on board, LJ. They want to bury you, you've got to try to bury them.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Kavanaugh shouldn't be nominated until the next president is chosen. Keep the position open until 2021. GOP logic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You've gotta get on board, LJ. They want to bury you, you've got to try to bury them.

Actually I don't think it should be a lifetime appointment...........

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

Thank you, you're now being honest here.

And yes, politics has changed in that regard. It's been a somewhat slow crawl starting with Gingrich's leadership in the 90s and culminating with the willing-to-damage-the-country's-economy-to-score-political-points Republicans of 2008+. What we're seeing now is just the continuation of that win at all costs mentality.

Well, I have never hidden the fact that the supreme court and the separation of power is key, and I have a major problem with how the radical and even "Clintons moderate left" have an agenda of the supreme court acting in a much more broad way as a legislative branch.

And ok you are going back to the 90´s I assumed you meant "trump change" And it´s strange you do not mention Obama since the Democrats during his terms, went ballistic, as pointed out the 10 trillion extra is going to cost a lot.