Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@kadin_kai said:

I read the same. Upwards of 80% of the Japanese people, and most local government officials, were against having the Olympics at one point.

I think the people that profit are the rights holders, people that profit from TV, and so on. I imagine there were quite a few under-the-table payments made and bribes and such as well. I don't think many storefronts profited from this like they usually do, like vendors and stuff.

As for hosting, I don't know...would it be terrible to just have it in Greece every time? The kind of infrastructure needed for the Olympics warrants a permanent setup in my opinion; if they want to have it in Greece for tradition's sake and then maybe invite a country to put it on and share in the revenue (maybe make it a non-profit charitable thing), that might be the way to go? Idunno just brainstorming a bit.

This why recent events that forced the IOC to checkmark bidding country economy and sustainability is great news. Probably will cost those IOC mafias billions out of kickbacks and bribe but who cares about them, its the citizens tax money that will be saved from mismanagement and cost overruns hosting the olympics. Countries or cities already with great facilities and rich like London, Paris, New York, Munich, Madrid and now Tokyo (as well as few others I missed) should just rotate amongs them to host the olympics.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

Congrats to the US team which again won the most Gold and most medals! 👏 👏

It's amazing how well the US does in the Olympics despite the lack of support, funding, and incentives their athletes get compared to other countries. It really speaks to to depth of the talent and coaching.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

I thought North Korea won most medals…

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts
@horgen said:

Kim Jong Un himself won at least 40 medals. I think his sister Kim Yo-jong won another 10 medals in the "looks most like a Bond villain" competition.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@horgen said:

Kim Jong Un himself won at least 40 medals. I think his sister Kim Yo-jong won another 10 medals in the "looks most like a Bond villain" competition.

Please do give them new ideas for Bond movies. :D

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@horgen said:

Please do give them new ideas for Bond movies. :D

Nah, I think Brosnan already did one with N. Korean villain. There were hovercrafts!

Loading Video...

Off topic I know, but I hope they bring back the traditional kitsch and cheesiness when Craig is done with Bond and they bring in the next guy.